• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 31, 2017

    Accounting How is everyone else spending NYE?

    Accounting How is everyone else spending NYE?


    How is everyone else spending NYE?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 05:22 AM PST

    To every auditor out there doing an inventory while rest of us enjoy this fine three-day weekend

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 08:02 AM PST

    Judge Says PwC Was Negligent In Bank Failure...

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 03:32 PM PST

    Accounting is fun they said...

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 07:46 PM PST

    [CAN] Study leave on PERT report?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 04:24 PM PST

    Do I have to back out all my study time taken off for the challenge exams and CFE? Or is there a certain amount allowed to be included in the 30 months?

    submitted by /u/aspiringnomad123
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please help me with this BASIC problem, please?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 06:30 PM PST

    Just want to make sure that this is correct before I move on to the next part of the project. I feel like its right but I can't get past the feeling that there might be something(s) that may be slightly off. One mistake here would ruin the entire assignment. Not willing to take the chance.

    On July 1, 2017, a newly incorporated self-storage business, X Storage Inc. is formed. The chart of accounts for X Storage Inc. is listed below. Follow the instructions to complete the accounting records for the month of July.

    Transactions & My Journal Entries

    Note: 'Storage Fees Earned' was the only account listed under Revenues on this paper. Wasn't sure if I used it correctly or not. Usually, they give 'Unearned Revenue' in the list of accounts.

    Thanks in advance you guys! <3

    EDIT: Chart of Accounts

    submitted by /u/kvdence
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Wiley CPAexcel guide enough on it's own?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 08:31 PM PST

    I'm currently in a place where I cannot afford a $1000+ CPA review course but I'd like to get started on reviewing for the CPA exam one part at a time.

    The Wiley CPAexcel 2018 FAR guide is coming out soon and I'm wondering if that'll be enough or if I'll need more resources to pass.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/iniquities
    [link] [comments]

    The Fap Man's Strategy for the CPA Exam

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 10:28 AM PST

    I see a lot of people asking and mentioning which review programs to use, whether to read the books/watch the lectures or ignore them, whether to do only MCQs, etc. However, while all of that is important, most people are forgetting the mental aspect of taking the exam.

    Study however it benefits you the most. I preferred studying in the morning before work. Usually just an hour of MCQs is good studying for the day. Then if you have a long lunch (my firm has an hour lunch period), you can study during then also if you want. Then when you get home, study first thing. It can just be an hour or so. You don't have to do the 300 hours a week most people say to do.

    So now you should have several hours of free time to end the night. This is where the fap man strategy comes in: just relax. You can use that time to fap, fuck your boyfriend/girlfriend, etc. Some people tend to focus way too much on studying and forget to at least do one thing good for themselves that day. They end up worrying too much about whether they have studied enough. Two hours a day on the weekdays should be enough, and maybe two-three hours per day on the weekend is all that is really needed.

    Finally, the most important thing to do the day before the exam: DO NOT STUDY. Give your brain a rest to consolidate the information. You know what you know and don't know what you don't know at this point. Just accept that instead of worrying and getting all anxious. Then an hour or so before bed, fap. You can even do an edging session for all I care. The stress release will tire you out, release some dopamine, and make you less anxious. It will be easier to go to sleep and take the exam the next day while you're well rested. I personally took the exams in the morning so that there was no time for anxiety to build up. For those of you who take an exam in the afternoon, maybe a morning fap before your shower may help.

    I passed all four exams on the first try using different review materials and different study methods. Just put in the time, and remember to live life each day so that you won't be totally miserable. And if you're in a study session where you feel like you're not retaining any information, just stop for the day and go and fap.

    submitted by /u/therealcz
    [link] [comments]

    I'm confused about the 150 credit hours

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 09:55 PM PST

    This is probably a stupid question and I tried my best to look for answers online but still couldn't figure it out.

    • I have 174 quarter units (116 semester units) from an UC undergrad.
    • I also have 44 quarter units (29.3 semester units) of "Total Non-UC Transfer Credit Accepted", which are basically the AP course units that I earned in high school and got transferred to UC. This is shown on my undergrad transcript, so my total completed units is 218 quarter units (or 145.3 semester units).
    • I am currently enrolled in a MST program and have earned 18 semester units so far.

    Does that mean I have 163.3 (116+29.3+18) credit hours in total? Or does the units that I earned in high school not count?

    Thanks a lot.

    submitted by /u/gabiande
    [link] [comments]

    Ohio to California LLC

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 06:04 PM PST

    Hi there,

    I have an established single member LLC in Ohio that has been my main source of income for the last 4 years. I'm planning on speaking with a CPA, but wanted some guidance here.

    I recently relocated to California. Though, I still have a physical address in Ohio and clients there. I've read a lot about California residents setting up LLCs in Delaware to escape the higher regulations in California and the paperwork, so I'm wondering what the best course of action is for me. I'm wanting to be 100% legit about everything, so if there's no escaping establishing a presence in California, then I'll do it, but is it possible to keep everything through Ohio? I will mainly be living in CA but will be going back and forth to Ohio. If I do have to set up in CA, will I have to pay tax for both OH and CA?

    Also, I have a LLC that I would like to rename and then use the current LLC name as a DBA. Is that possible, or a better question for a lawyer?

    submitted by /u/brdaron
    [link] [comments]

    Me being productive while waiting for tax season to officially start in my timezone.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 09:50 PM PST

    HAPPY 2017 EVERYONE

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 08:59 PM PST

    *2018

    The next 3 months will be fun....

    submitted by /u/workingPDubSenior
    [link] [comments]

    Whistleblower...

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 08:38 PM PST

    I'm curious as I haven't seen too many posts in regards to this. I'm sure it will be down voted or ignored but I pose a truthful question to you out there, at what point do your morals outweigh your career. I think its fair to say that the rich get richer but where do you draw the line that their accounting practices are pushing the boundaries for what is legal vs what is realistic. I know that everyone has done something illegal be it from not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign or lying on financial records. Where do some of you draw the line? I know some of you won't admit it due to anonymity and I understand but have any of you laid awake at night filled with regret?

    submitted by /u/DoctorofTimeandSpace
    [link] [comments]

    Any thoughts on CFE appeal?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 04:51 PM PST

    Passed Day 1, but unfortunately failed Day 2/3 in Level 2 (FR/MA). Thinking about appeal but not sure if there is any chance of success. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/darthqiuwho
    [link] [comments]

    [UK] Struggling with anxiety & depression at a Big Four

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 12:18 PM PST

    I'm in the final year of a 3 year graduate scheme in audit at a big four in the UK. I have 10 months left before I am qualified/have completed the graduate scheme.

    My first year was fine, I was mainly doing admin and ticking and worked long hours for only 3 months in the year.

    My second year was a lot more challenging as I was on 2 new clients. I was on 4 year ends (including two March year ends one after the other). I gave up a lot of my evenings and weekends during my second year as I was also booked for half year and statutory accounts for these clients too. I felt like I didn't learn much because I was always in a rush to meet deadlines so I had to quickly follow prior year work.

    I put my foot down a few times because I was constantly working weekends and my feedback stated that I was 'work shy' even though I was working from 8am-1am during the week.

    Because I wanted better feedback on my other clients, I learnt not to say anything as it was only acceptable for the first year to not work late in the evenings and weekends.

    During my second year I also received emails asking me to do work even whilst I was on holiday or study leave and I didn't always reply or action the email until 1-2 days before I was set to go back to work as it would all pile up if I didn't. But I had panic attacks knowing in the back of my mind that I had work to deal with so I couldn't enjoy my holiday or focus on studying for my exams. I know my second year could have been worse, on the whole the people on my team are nice, they just give up a lot of their evenings and weekends and work during holidays and have that expectation for the rest of the team too.

    When there were quieter periods and I thought I could leave at a decent time e.g. by 6.30-7pm, managers used to set me work from their other clients because they wanted to utilise me as much as possible. There were only 2 months in my second year where I was working reasonable hours (so this was a massive contrast to my first year where I had reasonable hours for 9 months in the year) and this has contributed to my depression and panic attacks.

    I have been in my third (and final) year of the graduate scheme for about 2 months now. Although the audits are better resourced compared to my second year, the work load and responsibility has obviously increased and I already feel burnt out. I have asked if I can be on other clients that I know have better hours, one of my peers even wanted experience on one of the listed clients I am on as most of their clients are not listed so I had found a replacement for me, but my manager did not want to let me go because I have continuity which I understand.

    I went to my doctor last year and was given medication for my anxiety but it made me feel drowsy and sleepy so I stopped taking it as I needed to be able to work long hours. I am planning to go to my doctor again for my anxiety and depression to try different medication and hopefully it will help me to get through the next 10 months better. My panic attacks are occurring daily and I usually wake up in the middle of the night because I am stressed. Work takes up a lot of my energy. I don't do anything when I get home on Friday and stay in bed all weekend because it depresses me that I always have a lot of work to do which requires me to work on the weekend which I can't bring myself to do, and then I panic to try and finish work off last minute on Sunday at midnight. Even thinking about going back to work on Tuesday makes me cry. I usually get knots in my stomach and can't eat dinner on the last day of a holiday or on a Sunday before work.

    So far I have passed 14 out of 15 ACA exams. My final exam is in July 2018 so I will know if I am exam qualified in August. This gives me 2 months to find a job as I will become fully qualified in October and need to leave then before being promoted to the next level where the notice period is longer.

    When is it a good time to start looking for jobs, should I start applying even before I have completed my final exam? I feel like I don't have enough knowledge - I wouldn't mind an accounting role at a firm that doesn't get audited if I had learnt something in the past year but I feel like I should be an accounting expert and I'm not so I will be incompetent in an accounting role. Maybe this will change in the next 10 months. All I know is that I no longer want to be in audit and I don't want to have to take work home with me often. Is it a good idea to speak to recruiters to see where my ACA qualification can take me as I don't have anything specific in mind?

    My main concern is that I won't find a job because I don't know what I want to do after I have qualified and I will end up leaving in October with nothing lined up. I will only have enough money saved to live without an income for 2 months.

    My friend mentioned I should stay but consider moving to another service line. My anxiety is stopping me from doing this because I would be the next grade with no experience in that service line so staying in audit would be a better option than moving to another service line. The culture here is also not suited to me. I think it gets better as a senior manager and above... but I cannot make myself stay that long.

    I believe that the salary upon qualifying at my firm is around £45k. At this point, I don't care about earning a lot of money and would be happy with £35k with hours of 8am-6pm maximum once I am qualified in October. I earn around £35k now, so is expecting at least a similar salary of £35k+ once I am ACA qualified realistic as I won't be targeting large/multinational firms?

    Thanks for any advice :)

    submitted by /u/dszn5
    [link] [comments]

    Please can someone help me with this Question?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 03:51 PM PST

    Suppose a small business has sales of $14,000 this month, with future sales expected to grow by $1,300 each month. Costs consist of a fixed component, which is $8,400 per month, and a variable component, which is 25 percent of sales. What is the gross profit in a single month 8 months from now?

    submitted by /u/Volvoboy18
    [link] [comments]

    Options for online second bachelor's that can be completed in a year or so?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 03:52 PM PST

    I have an undergrad in history but had a poor GPA so I doubt I'll get into an Master's in Accounting program. However, I'd like to pursue accounting as a career, but not as a CPA. I've taken financial and managerial accounting and did well. Could anyone recommend any quick and cheap programs that will allow a second bachelor's in accounting? I'd prefer to get a degree but not be in debt for it. I'm paying as I go. I've looked into LSU but I'd prefer not to use them since they us proctor U and I have severe testing anxiety at the thought of someone watching me take an exam.

    submitted by /u/13dayshamster
    [link] [comments]

    Summer internship with a small firm + MAcc coursework during summer = too much work or?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 03:31 PM PST

    interviewing with a smaller firm that revolves around federal clients and I am starting my MAcc program in a few weeks. I may have 1 or 2 courses at a time that overlap with the internship, would this be overwhelming or is it entirely doable? I am doing my MAcc online through a brick and mortar where I got my undergrad.

    submitted by /u/JustinBieberNaked
    [link] [comments]

    Bombed BEC Mock Exam 2 - Test in a Week. Now what?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 11:41 AM PST

    Just took my second Becker mock exam for BEC (made a 70 on ME 1 and felt ok), and I made a 59. My test is in a week and I'm having a mild freak out. Passed FAR during Q4 and now I'm worried that I won't be able to pass BEC.

    I don't think rescheduling my exam is an option for me since busy season is getting started.

    Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/m2202
    [link] [comments]

    Hard activity-based costing question

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 02:56 PM PST

    Question: https://imgur.com/a/H2F3k answer for question: https://imgur.com/a/rQiKK My answer: https://imgur.com/a/rA9pR

    Hi, The question requires you to deduce the full cost of each product on an ABC basis. I am uncertain since the textbook answer is different to my method. I calculated the activity rate for each of the cost drivers then multiply it by the cost of each activity at the end; whereas the textbook worked out the ratio for each product and multiply it by the cost. Why? I learnt my method on the internet recently, so I would be grateful if an explanation is given for these two approaches.

    Thanks very much.

    submitted by /u/rebeccabes
    [link] [comments]

    Drunk accountant, was in big-4 worked in Singapore, PNG and Australia, AMAA. Happy new year!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 05:15 AM PST

    Also taking song requests as its just gone new years here!

    submitted by /u/TheNoveltyAccountant
    [link] [comments]

    Concerned about summer internship!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 01:51 PM PST

    Hi guys,

    I signed with KPMG as a 2018 summer intern. I got offers from EY and Deloitte but I liked the people from KP better so I signed with them.

    I've been reading the news about the South Africa scandal and I'm worried about KPMG's future. Does anyone know how this will impact KPMG in the US (specifically NY)?

    submitted by /u/cpanewyorkusa2018
    [link] [comments]

    How do you guys study for SIMs on the CPA exam ?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 01:22 PM PST

    Multiple choice has always been my strongest point, but the simulations always give me trouble because I honestly have no idea how to answer the question.

    I've heard it's possible to answer almost every question with the Authoritative Literature.

    submitted by /u/InnerPeace7788
    [link] [comments]

    Accounting question involving overhead costs

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 01:00 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/BTnhX

    Hi, the link above shows a question that I am not completely sure about. If the total direct labour hour is 160000 for the basic quality and 60000 for super quality, the total direct labour hour will be 220000hrs. Thus the overhead recovery rate is £4.545 per direct labour work. I don't get why when calculating the overhead cost for both qualities, 160000 and 60000 are not used.

    Instead, overhead costs = 4.5454 and 4.5456.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/rebeccabes
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment