• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 6, 2022

    My new car hit by uninsured motorist Insurance

    My new car hit by uninsured motorist Insurance


    My new car hit by uninsured motorist

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 05:25 PM PST

    My new car (BMW M4) was hit today by an uninsured motorist. I'm literally sick about it. Just got the car a few months ago after driving an economy car and saving money for over a decade. Police were on the scene and the other driver was 100% at fault. They issued her multiple citations.

    She made a right turn from the left hand lane and pulled right out in front of me. Nothing I could do.

    Worst part, I don't have uninsured motorist coverage because I thought "what are the odds I'd get hit by an asshole without insurance"

    I'm devastated. I live in Texas and have good coverage apart from uninsured property damage. Please help. I don't know what to do. Never been in a situation like this before.

    So disappointed that I have to pay for this woman's wrong doing. Even if I were to try and sue for damages, I don't think she has any assets

    submitted by /u/MF-BabaYaga
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance agent overstating premiums, pocketing the difference

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 02:13 PM PST

    My business owns a number of apartment buildings in the southeast. We recently refinanced one of our properties, and were required to pay a fully years' of insurance premiums in advance. Our insurance agent sent an invoice to escrow that ended up being thousands more than the actual insurance premium. I only caught the difference when I saw on the online portal of our insurer that the actual premium paid was significantly less than what was deducted on our escrow closing statement. Is this a common practice by insurance agents? I'm concerned there could be many other instances where our agents have overstated the actual premium and are pocketing the difference.

    Edit: I flagged this to the insurance agent and they're now saying this was a mistake and they're going to cut me a check for the difference. My main concern is I happened to stumble onto this one, but have no idea how many other times this may have happened. We have many policies through this agency with various insurers.

    submitted by /u/leveredlong
    [link] [comments]

    Cyber Policy - E-commerce CBD

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 06:34 PM PST

    I'm an attorney and work with a few clients in the CBD space. A couple of the clients expressed frustration when trying to secure a cyber insurance policy over $3 million. This was a request from some of their vendors before entering into a services agreement.

    I'm trying to determine:

    1) What is a reasonable dollar amount for cyber insurance policy requests? We've seen some contracts looking for $5M in coverage. Not only does that seem high, but it sounds like it took some extra effort to find a policy with these limits. What is a reasonable number to require in a commercial contract setting?

    2) Are carriers still hesitant to issue cyber policies in the CBD space? Any suggestions on where we should look first to speed up this process?

    Thanks in advance for the feedback.

    submitted by /u/PA_law_grunt
    [link] [comments]

    Why are coverage premiums different if the cost to repair my home will be the same?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 10:56 PM PST

    I live in Florida and on my policy, I see a coverage premium for hurricane and a coverage premium for all other perils. The hurricane premium is much higher and it doesn't make sense why the amounts for coverage are different because if my home is damaged, whether to hurricane or to fire, the cost to rebuilt my home will be the same for either scenarios. It's not like materials will be a different cost if I'm buying for fire damage.

    submitted by /u/Remarkable-Ice-1188
    [link] [comments]

    How long does it take to get a new policy?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 10:56 PM PST

    I just financed a car today. My old policy had my mom on it as she was the owner of the car. This is my first purchase, so it will just be me. Will this take long over the phone? AAA insurance

    submitted by /u/Savcotroyyy
    [link] [comments]

    Frequent Renter - Non Owner

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 09:46 PM PST

    My wife and I don't own cars but rent frequently. Our CC provides primary coverage for most vehicles and up to 30 days. I am interested in finding coverage for rentals and making sure we have good coverage plus if we need to rent longer than 30 days to ensure we are covered.

    Have you come across or are you aware of a policy that would cover this without going through the rental agency?

    submitted by /u/335350
    [link] [comments]

    Should I claim this or settle outside? and if so, for how much?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 08:50 PM PST

    17 year old kid side swiped my vehicle while reversing into a parking spot. I was not aware until officers came to my door. The cops have my information and the fathers. should i claim it or handle it outside of insurance? Its a decent dent to the metal fender and plastic bumper (plus paint missing) but the car is still driveable. Im in Texas. Kinda awkward because the father and his kid (who hit my car) are also in the same complex as me.

    submitted by /u/Spumad
    [link] [comments]

    Art Studio Insurance

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 12:31 PM PST

    Hello Everyone,

    I'm hoping you can help me with some recommendations.

    I'm looking for artist insurance that would cover studio equipment/supplies, commissions in progress and work on loan to galleries.

    Any suggestions or recommendations would be very much appreciated!

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/jbloom130
    [link] [comments]

    New insurance policy

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 07:53 PM PST

    My auto policy is ending soon, and my new quote has my oldest car as the most expensive in terms of cost. I have an '08 Malibu and '19 Camaro. Both cars have full coverage currently, should I only put liability on the Malibu to save cost a little?

    submitted by /u/Impossible-Pace
    [link] [comments]

    Car insurance policy charging me for only 1000 miles a year

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 03:45 PM PST

    I just discovered my insurance (state farm) is rated for 1,000 miles/year. I drive more like 10,000. What are the potential ramifications of leaving it at 1,000? I'm assuming my premium would raise if I had the accurate miles.

    submitted by /u/F28us
    [link] [comments]

    My parked car was hit - I think I found the car that did it. Advice?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 07:14 PM PST

    My parked car was hit in my apartment building parking lot today while I wasn't home. The result is some deep scrapes on the back corner of my car - at some points, the paint fully came off. No note was left. It was definitely a white car that did it based off the scrapes.

    My theory was that this driver may have parked further away to avoid being caught. I also have a pretty uniquely colored teal color on my car that can easily be recognized. Based off this theory, I walked around the parking lots of my multi building apartment complex looking for a white car with scrapes/teal paint. Sure enough, I pretty quickly found a white car parked at the opposite end of the parking lots with identical scrapes and my exact color teal paint on it.

    It seems pretty clear that this may be the car that did it - it would otherwise be too much of a coincidence. I took a picture of the damage on their car as well as their license plate but am not sure what to do next. Is this enough evidence to file a police report? How should I approach this with my insurance company? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/BonsPapillons
    [link] [comments]

    claim or not

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 07:06 PM PST

    So last August someone was speeding on the highway and almost rear-ended me in the very right lane while I was trying to merge on. There was no contact between my car and his but the kid (he was 17 on a new license), swerved into the barrier two lanes over and hit the side of his car. I am 20.

    I should've just driven off but I was worried so I stopped and asked if he was ok, he was all pissed off about how I embarrassed him in front of a girl he liked which I didn't care about, but his car was smoking so I called 911. The cop told us we could exchange car insurance info and so me thinking this isn't my fault, gave him my info because even if he filed a claim, I wouldn't owe him anything.

    He did file a claim a month later and liberty mutual told me that since there was no contact and he just was speeding and swerved and hit the barrier himself, I am more of a bystander and I don't owe anything so the claim is dropped.

    fast forward to December and tree totaled my car from the weight of snow on a branch falling on it. I canceled my insurance because I wasn't gonna pay when I didn't even have a car. Now it's march and I'm looking to buy a used vehicle and my insurance rate/ quotes are all more than triple the amount I was paying just last year...

    is this because I had that kid file a claim on me? And when I ask for a quote do I say I got a claim filed against me even though it got "dropped"?

    submitted by /u/avauntgaurd40050
    [link] [comments]

    Scratched a car while backing up

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 06:30 PM PST

    Yesterday at a store, while backing up, I scratched other party's parked car on the back with the side of my car.

    https://imgur.com/a/2Lwv6gP

    I have shared my insurance with the other party. The other party has reported to the insurance (haven't initiated the claim yet)

    Should I cover this out of pocket instead? By how much can my insurance increase? Will my premiums increase as the other party has already started the insurance claim process?

    Edit: State is CA

    submitted by /u/arjunswaj
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure why insurance is saying they'll direct deposit money to me?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 06:24 PM PST

    I was hit and the other driver admitted fault quickly. 3rd p claim was put in. The adjuster said our stories matched and it was a clean cut case. They offered 1500 for distress 500 for "being hit" and that made no sense to me. I haven't agreed to accept or given my direct deposit information but I find that suspect. Also said to send in my medical bills to them because I am being treated after the accident for injuries. Awaiting an estimate for damages still. Any advise would be appreciated because I'm not well versed but keep trying to read up on why they quickly offered money to my direct deposit?

    submitted by /u/Plastic_barbie
    [link] [comments]

    first car accident- im scared!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 09:09 AM PST

    yesterday at 4pm, i was going straight on a highway about 50mph, when someone made a left turn to go into a motel and in turn they crashed into my vehicle and totaled it. airbags went off, the whole passenger side is completely gone, door is fucked up. police came did a report. the guy has plates from out of state, so is his license and he's apparently staying at that motel. i was not at fault since i was simply going straight on a highway and it's under my impression that it's not a thing for people to slow down on highways on stop and wait for people to make turns, he's supposed to yield. he waited until the last moment and got in front of me. im mildly injured, my hand and wrist have burns from the airbag going off on it, some cuts, my shoulders chest and arms are very sore and painful, aside from the mental distress and anguish this is causing me. this is my first accident. im an extremely cautious driver, have never been pulled over, no points on my license nothing. im scared because my car is financed and still have about 8k left to pay for it. police came and did a report but the guy was shady and i'm scared he doesn't actually have insurance. what's going to happen to me? i need to get to work and school and i can't not have a car. can someone please give me some words of encouragement or maybe comfort😭 will insurance at least pay off the rest of my car?

    submitted by /u/Infinite-Oil-8626
    [link] [comments]

    Auto claim question

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 05:20 PM PST

    I was recently in an accident. The other party was at fault and I am going through my insurance to complete the repairs. Damage it to the front passenger side (fender, bumper, headlight, rim, tire, control arms, and tire) my estimate shows repair/ replace for the listed items.

    My question is if I should be requesting both sides be replaced as they will not match if only one side is replaced. ie: headlights. And I have an aftermarket suspension (control arms, shocks) and the estimate shows oem replacement.

    Just looking for input before giving authorization.

    submitted by /u/tanselow
    [link] [comments]

    I was involved in a crash.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 04:29 PM PST

    I was involved in a crash with a vehicle I bought private party about 3 weeks ago. The title of the vehicle has yet to be in my name as I was waiting on some key parts so I can replace some internals of the engine to make it pass smog. The vehicle had aftermarket mods done to it which I was planning to remove. I have the bill of sale and title of the vehicle and it is INSURED in my name. I am completely lost as I am only ~20 years old and this will be my 2nd accident in a month span. We exchanged insurance information (DL, Insurance card, etc..) I am scared that I will face jail time for not having the vehicle registered in my name even thought I paid all the DMV fees and was only waiting on a smog check after I was done changing engine internals to have the vehicle in my name. Please help me with advice or any information at all.

    Edit: I was shoulder checking and I ended up rear ending him, minimal damage to his car but major to mine. I've also opened up a claim but still waiting for response.

    submitted by /u/108Fahrenheit
    [link] [comments]

    Dropped my miter saw stand onto my sons car. Should I just pay or turn it into our insurance?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 03:59 PM PST

    We're all on the same insurance, it was completely my fault. I was looking for a screw for a light because the circuit breaker blew in garage max and it was an issue with a light. It was dark, just had flashlight. Bumped the stand, couldn't get it in time and it fell right on the fender of my sons 2021 Subaru.

    submitted by /u/garyfromyahooanswers
    [link] [comments]

    Depreciation on Children's Items?!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 03:53 PM PST

    I'm compiling an inventory for non-salvageable items lost to smoke damage. Much of our stuff is kid's stuff. I just looked at some depreciation calculators, and it looks as if all of our expensive toys and clothes (German wooden blocks, silk dress clothes, Hanna Andersson and Biden clothes, etc) are worth.... nothing? Because they depreciate at 50% a year? Is this possibly correct? I will be replacing these items, but I don't really have the bandwidth to carry all of the costs by paying upfront. Is there any way to get around this? This stuff would be worth a lot of money at consignment stores or online!

    submitted by /u/betsbillabong
    [link] [comments]

    Rear ended in NY

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 03:08 PM PST

    I was rear ended on the George Washington Bridge from New Jersey to New York, we were in NY side when the accident occurred. Both the other driver and myself are NY residents.

    I got a call from GEICO which happens to be my insurance the the other party insurance stating they accepted responsibility for the accident and wants to schedule an appointment for repair.

    I only carry liability insurance.

    When the accident happened it wasn't high impact. It was low speed impact and only my rear and part of the side is damaged.

    In the car, I was driving, my wife in the back with our 2 kids. They were startled, but no physical injuries.

    I have felt body ache and pain for about 2 weeks now but not very severe.

    This is my first time in an accident in NY so not sure what else I have to do besides scheduling for repair. Do I need to hire an attorney for the pain and as I mentioned it is not severe but it is not pleasant. While my wife did not get any physical aches, she does get more scared now on the highway. We are discussing about maybe hiring an attorney but I don't see a need for it. Not expecting a huge payout just some compensation, reimbursement, repair and move on.

    submitted by /u/Glittering_Answer_45
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanna vent.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2022 05:21 PM PST

    Hey guys and gals, I just wanna vent for a min. Been a long irritating day.

    So I work auto claims, i am also my departments go-to guy for complex claims involving mechanical issues (determining If something was mechanical breakdown or a covered loss). I was a helicopter mechanic for 12 years and accidentally let that tidbit of info out one day. No big deal, I like being able to put some of that knowledge to use and also feel needed (job security lol).

    That being said, I'd expect a certain amount of common sense when evaluating damages. You don't need to know the different forms of corrosion or their elements, just that it's not direct sudden or accidentally for example.

    So today I got passed a claim to work that several other adjustors had already been on and screwed the pooch. This of course is on top of my already exploding workload.

    Insured claims that claimant backed from their driveway, sidestepping their passenger side doors. Only 2 pics on file showing very very minor damage, not even enough for paint transfer.

    Okay, fine.....here's where it gets stupid.

    So, insured claims that he needed to get some mechanical issues repaired out of pocket to make his vehicle drivable after the loss and wants reimbursement. He's claims all these items are related to the loss

    Let's go over some of these items...

    1. Front rotors, calibers, and sets of pads (both sides)
    2. A new starter.
    3. A new passenger side rear door actuator (tech said it "failed")
    4. New driverside armrest, because it "collapsed" due to the impact.
    5. Lastly...lol...windshield weather stripping.

    So prior adjustors had approved the brakes. Like...wtf..why in the world would you approve of the brakes?!?!?! There is no evidence they were damages because of the loss.

    The starter? Other side of the vehicle dawg, and wires go directly to the solenoid connecting to the ignition switch, and starter relay. No way related.

    Door actuator? No way, the panel wasn't even dented.

    Arm rest?! Fucking armrest?!?!? Come on maaannn.

    Weather stripping?!?!?!

    Guy was demanding another 2k on tip of the 2k we paid for the brakes erroneously. Oh and by the way THAT ADJUSTOR DIDNT EVEN TAKE THE DEDUCTIBLE.

    This claim has been bouncing around like a hot potato for the last month awaiting additional payments going between estimators and adjustors for evaluation.

    Estimators don't wanna fuck with it because there are no pics of the damaged items, and the other adjustors don't wanna fuxk with it because the estimators couldn't give them a answer if something was related or not.

    So, I got to be the poor asshole who had to spend an hour and a half writing file notes, drafting denials with attached reasons, telling the insured thst he was full of shit and that he would need to handle the damages himself (shop is also demanding storage, that was a fun conversation).

    Sigh...if folks had used 1/2 a braincells worth of common sense, this could have been closed out a month ago.

    Just wanted to throw my computer out the window today.

    Thanks for listening.don't.

    Edit: for clarification, some items are still awaiting payment and the shop won't release the vehicle until its paid.

    submitted by /u/DietBig7711
    [link] [comments]

    Satefarm renters insurance wants documentation of age on some items that I bought in cash

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 12:42 PM PST

    Like the title says state farm isn't processing my fire damage claim because on 5 items they say they need more information. I provided photos and videos of the items being in my apartment before the fire happened. I only have bank statements for two of the five items they are requesting additional information for. The other three were bought in cash and therefore I have no other means of proof for those three items. I

    t's been about two months now and I could really use they money to help me get back on my feet. This is really frustrating because they never even emailed me saying they needed receipts for those items and I've just been in the dark until I decided to call and see what was taking so long. So one of the people handling my claim sent me another link to provide what I could for those five items. I provided bank statements for the two items bought with card and videos of my entire apartment which includes all five items. Including the three I had bought in cash.

    Is this normal? I'm not sure what to do exactly, this is my first time dealing with this and it is a giant headache at this point. Any advice would help, thanks a lot

    submitted by /u/Anonymity00
    [link] [comments]

    Umbrella policy - over multiple difference insurance policies

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 07:54 AM PST

    I'm sure the suggestion is probably "consolidate", but for reasons I don't want to get into, I'd prefer not to.

    I have car insurance with Geico. I have renter's insurance with Lemonade (this is really cheap). I also have a home I own that I rent out to someone else (I don't live in the house), so I have Landlord insurance with State Farm. I have two kids, but they are not driving age yet.

    I'd like to get an umbrella policy to protect my assets (besides rental house and car, I have a lot in investment assets). Does it matter which of the existing policies I put this on? Is it even possible to have it with some completely different company, or does it technically need to be on top of an existing coverage. Or does it need to be on top of something that is covering ALL (in which case, "consolidation" has to happen?)

    submitted by /u/lljc00
    [link] [comments]

    Home insurance

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 11:38 AM PST

    Question dealing with home Insurance. A tenanted home had a kitchen fire on Nov 30th 2020. Insurance has been dealing with it extremely slow. At first they were going to rebuild the damage but after a year of getting permits, estimates and removing asbestos they decided it was deemed a total loss. Now its been 3 months since we signed the demolition papers and it still sits empty. The loss of use coverage is now exhausted and we are now left without income and dealing with expenses on the home.

    Is there a reasonable timeline they need to make decisions on offering payout or building it? Can they just drag it on indefinitely? Should we get a lawyer, Is there a way to handle this through dispute resolution?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Underwearnotincluded
    [link] [comments]

    cant decide between these 2 options?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2022 10:48 AM PST

    gold plan 90/month:

    500 deductible, 3000 out of pocket limit, 10% coinsurance

    $30 pcp office visits, $50 specialist visits, $50 urgent care, 0% preventive care, $250+10% inpatient (per admission), $200 emergency room,

    30% + $250 for surgery lab xray pet mri ct scans

    bind plan 47/month:

    0 deductible, 5000 out of pocket limit, 0% coinsurance

    $15-75 pcp office visits, $15-75 specialist visits, $75 urgent care, $0 preventive care, $45-1,800 inpatient (per admission), $300 emergency room,

    $200-1,500 surgery, diagnostic: $0 lab and xray, $175-650 pet, mri, ct scans

    im leaning towards the gold plan. i see no reason not to pick the best insurance because 90 a month could save a lot of money if something happens. i dont have any health problems other than ptsd and plan on getting into therapy ASAP once i make my selection on my benefits (new hire to a big software company). it would make logical sense to say that the gold plan being more expensive is superior to the bind plan but i have no clue. would you rather have 500 deductible and 3000 out of pocket limit or a 0 deductible and 5000 out of pocket limit?

    submitted by /u/reddit309
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment