• Breaking News

    Friday, February 4, 2022

    Startups What was your most successful/clever way to pitch large corporations your unknown product/service?

    Startups What was your most successful/clever way to pitch large corporations your unknown product/service?


    What was your most successful/clever way to pitch large corporations your unknown product/service?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 05:09 AM PST

    Curious if any of you have done some very attention-grabbing mailer, such as a clever campaign where an entire department could take part in something cool or fun. Also wondering if you got results from sending a caterered lunch or maybe a gift certificate for the entire office?

    Just trying to figure out how to do a cold pitch to various Fortune 500 Internet dept heads.

    submitted by /u/strangeattractors
    [link] [comments]

    Which type of bank worked well for your startup?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 06:45 AM PST

    This is based on getting this question continuously from founders over the past 7 years. I've often taken for granted being born into a long line of bankers that not everyone knows the banking industry inside and out. In addition, a lot of first time startup founders don't realize they might need certain financial services such as trade finance, direct Fedwire/SWIFT access, or electronic cash management, till they're up against the wall, don't have access to these service through their current FI, and don't have time to build a relationship with a new FI to transfer their business over.

    Curious to hear from other founders who were faced with this question when they started their business, and how that decision fared out:

    Which type of financial institution will deliver the banking services we need to grow quickly? Credit union, community/state bank, or national/international bank.

    I've posted a "quick" primer below and potential services that I quickly run through with a startup to check if they might need a particular service which would sway them one way or another.

    u/iBrews I saw your previous question along these lines, but the post got nuked by a mod, so I hope the info in this thread also helps you make an informed decision.

    submitted by /u/bryan_vaz
    [link] [comments]

    Should I focus my pitch on my MVP ?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 03:58 AM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I'm currently trying to figure out on what my pitch should focus on and I'm wondering if I should put the emphasis on the MVP, meaning the features that will be available at launch, or on what the company can eventually become.

    It might seem obvious to talk about the future, even in an grandiloquent way, but if the MVP is already a pretty decent product I like to think it would be easier to secure funding. Especially if other parts of the pitch are lacking content and making shit up isn't an option.

    Thank you

    EDIT: I'm prelaunch and it's crypto launchpad

    submitted by /u/L_Outsider
    [link] [comments]

    How to leverage Stanford MBA deferred admit to break into startups?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 10:01 AM PST

    I'm a recent engineering grad, and was admitted into the Stanford MBA program as a deferred admit. My ultimate long-term goal is to found a successful startup.

    I know after my MBA I'll have many more opportunities. Right now, however, I have 4 years to spend before I enroll.

    What can I do to enter a role that would be educationally valuable for a future founder (i.e. strategy)? I feel like most startups wouldn't hire anyone out of UG for such a role, even in a junior position.

    Can I leverage my admit in any way to obtain a direct (or indirect) route to such a role?

    submitted by /u/CanLivid8683
    [link] [comments]

    How should I structure and plan for Board Seats?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 10:07 AM PST

    Hi I am working on a small startup and am looking for advice on how to set up and plan for board seats in the future so our co-founding team is well positioned. I have two co-founders who aren't on the board yet, but I plan to add them.

    Is it better to have all co-founders on the board so that when we take investment we have more votes? I also heard that sometimes investors ask for a neutral party to be on the board, how would you select this type of person? An advisor? How do we protect ourselves the most from losing power in the future?

    submitted by /u/KaiokengoKuma
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best way to iterate when your business can't afford critical errors

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 05:24 AM PST

    For most software products, I tend to agree with the advice to ship fast and iterate since the learnings you get will usually outweigh releasing a buggy and non scalable product. However, I'm trying to think of ways to apply this advice where the cost of critical errors are high.

    For context, we are building consumer facing financial applications. A critical error in our business might mean users lose their money and opens up a bunch of issues that would make it hard for an early stage startup to recover from.

    At the moment I'm considering releasing to a closed beta with some disclaimers put in place. Usually I'm not a big fan of closed betas since I think it unnecessarily prevents growth. But in this case if an error was found at least it'll be bounded to a small group and a lot easier to manage. We would then increase the group size gradually as we iterate and gain more confidence until we feel it's safe enough to open to everyone.

    But I'm interested to hear from other founders with businesses that have a high cost of critical errors and how you dealt with rolling it out during the early days.

    submitted by /u/__tac0
    [link] [comments]

    Why is funding for SMB focused Saas businesses hard to come by?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 12:42 PM PST

    I have heard that VCs prefer Enterprise focused Saas companies compared to SMB focused Saas companies. Is this true? What are some of the reasons for this?

    We recently had conversations with a few investors. They all said they are not interested in SMB focused Saas business due to high churn. Is this true? Are there any other insights you can provide? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dhanush_ram
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment