• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 3, 2022

    Progressive tow contractor crashed my vehicle Insurance

    Progressive tow contractor crashed my vehicle Insurance


    Progressive tow contractor crashed my vehicle

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 05:45 PM PST

    Last evening I came back from a performance at 10:30 PM to my vehicle. My key's ignition would not turn with my key inserted. I called Progressive roadside assistance for a vehicle locksmith.

    Much back and forth ensued over the miscommunication of a 'locked-out' and a 'locksmith' request. After being outside in the middle of the night for three hours and two visits from lock-out techs later, I finally caved and authorized a vehicle tow to my home address. I had to pay because it exceeded the 15 mile limit on my coverage.

    The tow truck driver came out at around 1:15 AM, attached my car to his truck bed, pulled in reverse with the car attached, and crashed the rear of my vehicle into a parked car. I was more than upset but attempted to compose myself. I took two photos for damage and liability. No one was injured, and there was no other property damage outside of my rear bumper and the front bumper of the parked vehicle.

    The tower immediately tried to ensure the damage was minimal, and that he can take the vehicle to a shop to fix both the mechanical issues from before the accident, and the bumper which he was responsible for. He also informs that the vehicle will be towed to my home address upon completion. I initially resisted but obliged due to it being nearly 2AM and wanting to be home.

    Of course, today I got the run around. First, I contact the shop he transported to at 9AM. I'm informed they will contact the tower to ask what needed to be done and will call me back(I'm the owner, but ok). They do not call. I call them at 11AM and they tell me that they had not reached the tower yet, and will try again. I ask about the bumper damage, and was informed it was an issue between me and the tower.

    I call the tower after, and he informs me that they first need to fix the ignition, then they can work on the bumper.

    At 1PM, I called the shop and they said they haven't started, and needed to 'open the housing to see where the issue is'. Around 2PM the tower who caused the accident calls back, and says "instead of fixing the bumper, how about I pay you cash and you sign a waiver of liability". He offered $300. I refused.

    At this point I called progressive to start a claim and was tired of all the games and being jerked around. I also need a rental vehicle at this point as I work and had to take the day off due to this mess. I spoke over the phone to report the accident, and called back an hour later at 3PM to follow up only to be told that the claim could not be found.

    In short, the claim was kicked over to "Agero" who contracted the tower in question. Agero shut the door in my face and told me I wouldn't receive anything from them until I send photos and an estimate of the damage at which time they would review the incident.

    I just finished reporting the claim over the phone again under my policy, with the intent that the investigation will find the tower liable for the accident.

    Currently, I am stuck with my vehicle in a shop I don't want it to be in, without a rental, and stuck. I do not know where to turn, or if I should pursue a lawsuit at this point. Help, and thanks for any advice.

    **TL;DR : Towing contractor crashed my vehicle, progressive not helpful and left without a rental despite having coverage on my policy.

    submitted by /u/Nexus718
    [link] [comments]

    Cabinets left outside during snowstorm, construction company says its fine and they won't ask insurance to replace them. Is it fine?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 10:49 AM PST

    We had a kitchen fire Jan 7th and about half our cabinets were damaged. The other half were removed and put on our back porch right before a snowstorm. The construction company moved them out there and they've been out there ever since, so about a month. It's rained twice, and it snowed heavily for 3 days. The cabinets did have a lot of snow on top of them and a thin dusting on the doors. But since the porch was covered, it saved them from serious snow and water.

    I checked them out and I don't see any noticeable signs of damage, but I'm also not super confident about using cabinets that sat outside for almost a month and through a snowstorm.

    Construction guy is nice enough and offered to replace all the cabinets, but said I'd be paying out of pocket for the half that weren't damaged by the fire, as I'm choosing to replace those instead of just matching them.

    Construction also says our laminate counters are fine to keep and the wood flooring in the home is fine and won't need any special sealing regarding the smoke smell.

    It was a small Grease fire, only took out the stove, microwave, and 4 cabinets, but the smell and soot is everywhere. What are your thoughts here?

    submitted by /u/vilebubbles
    [link] [comments]

    Question about car insurance request for contact

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 09:07 PM PST

    This may be a dumb question but my car insurance provider (Geico) recently reached out to me via email asking me to call their service hotline regarding my auto policy. Around the same time my policy went up about 15 dollars a month. I did have one speeding ticket a few months ago that would have likely factored in to my current sixth month premium. I guess my question is, are they trying to get me to contact them so they can confirm something about the ticket and raise my rates even more? I'm debating just continuing ignoring them and counting the extra 15 a month as better than it potentially could have been

    submitted by /u/Irritatedtrout
    [link] [comments]

    need tips on independent contractor liability insurance

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 03:00 PM PST

    Yes, I searched the forum before posting, but didn't see my exact question answered.

    I'm being brought on as an independent contractor to conduct research--i.e., there is no physical danger, I'm just sitting at my laptop, in my own residence, reading things online and writing reports. Both the employer and I are based in Texas. They want me to get liability insurance in the amount of $500k per incident and $1M aggregate.

    Fine, I understand why they want it, no problem. I just want the best deal.

    Any recommendations on how to find and get the best rate online?

    In case this matters--I have basic car and catastrophic health insurance, but my current living situation doesn't make it worthwhile for me to have any sort of property coverage. Initially at least, I need the coverage for only 60 days.

    In other words, "bundling" isn't really an option as I see it, and I don't want or need to purchase something for an entire year.

    Ideally I'd enter my info once, let different agencies go to war with each other for my business, pick one, pay right away, and be able to download proof that my liability coverage had immediately gone into effect.

    I couldn't care less what the name of my provider is, so long as they are widely considered to be reputable and will do a reasonable job of handling a claim, if required.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ILoathPickinUserName
    [link] [comments]

    In walls condo non renewal for 2 claims in a year

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 06:13 PM PST

    Nearly a year ago I had an issue with our plumbing that resulted in two losses. I had no clue that filing two claims would result in a non renewal and now 12 other insurance agencies denying coverage entirely.

    It looks to be my only option going through the Fair act plan and wait out some time before another agency touches us.

    We honestly have no clue as to where or who to turn to

    Edit. I'm in California if that helps.

    submitted by /u/Wallstreet_Tiny_PP
    [link] [comments]

    Geico DriveEasy is scoring me poorly

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 08:18 AM PST

    I have used the android app for about 3 weeks and it rated me at 76 even though I drive like a Grandma and have not exceeded the speed limit even a single time and mostly driving on the expressway and never talk on phone, never hit brakes hard.

    Anyone else having the app score them poorly?

    submitted by /u/5maxamed
    [link] [comments]

    Am I being screwed over?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 06:00 PM PST

    My mom and I are on a plan where we pay car insurance every 6 months, me (19) driving a 2008 Hyundai Elantra that is currently collecting dust due to damages that won't be repaired, and my mom driving a 2016 Jeep Wrangler, that's about to be done for and is nearly paid off.

    I'm the primary driver on my vehicle and I'm paying around $360 dollars on my car for liability and my mom is paying around $600 dollars on her Jeep. However, Because I am on her plan and since I'm so young, I'm required to be covered as full coverage on her Jeep even though I don't drive it unless she tells me to do something on her behalf, and I'm paying around another $300 dollars for it.

    Am I being screwed over in this arrangement or does this sound relatively correct?

    submitted by /u/Tonalcorgi10
    [link] [comments]

    Home insurance canceled because of solar panels?!?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 05:26 PM PST

    Have a home (primary residence) in Texas & recently switched to new home insurance (for cost). Have not had any claims in last 5 years & only had solar panels installed 1 year ago with all permits & approval & inspections completed as required. Home insurance company has an inspector come around for a routine inspection & then few weeks later they tell me they want to cancel my policy because of the solar panels?!? The exact wording on cancellation notice was 'ineligible per state guidelines on solar panels'! I'm getting some clarification on what this really means but it makes no sense! If anything, solar panels should lower the liability risk on a home, as roof is less likely to be damaged by hail (at least in areas where panels are installed). Anyway, was curious if anyone has had experience with homeowner insurance coverage cancellation due to solar panels.

    submitted by /u/Lonely_Refuse4988
    [link] [comments]

    Hardest line of business to adjust?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 11:09 AM PST

    I'm a workers' comp adjuster for California.

    My coworkers and I were having a discussion about which LOB is the hardest to adjust or work in.

    Work comp is challenging sometimes but I can't imagine there isn't something harder out there.

    Anybody who's working/has worked in multiple lines have any comparisons?

    submitted by /u/dodecohedron
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance paying vendor directly vs. reimbursement

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 04:59 PM PST

    Hi,

    A question (from Queens, NY, if the state laws are relevant):

    My house was damaged by smoke, which is covered by my policy. A cleaning company gave an estimate for remediation. The insurance company is talking about paying the vendor directly. Do I have the right, or choice, to ask for cash reimbursement to shop around on cleaners?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/bik54red
    [link] [comments]

    GF creamed duplex

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 09:02 AM PST

    My girlfriend hit our rental building backing out with our car. She put in for a car insurance claim. Insurer says (albeit in an email) damages to the property go through house insurance and are not covered by car insurance at fault. How could this not be an at fault car collision? What are the next steps with the landlord?

    submitted by /u/alisterj
    [link] [comments]

    Total loss

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 04:31 PM PST

    My car got totaled a few days ago. The at fault party insurance on pays 10k, my car is worth ~$11500. The insurance only wants to pay ~8k after deducting car rental fees and the totaled car storage fees. What do I do? Car prices has gone up so much, I can't get a decent car with what they are offering. Please help.

    submitted by /u/Legcherkos
    [link] [comments]

    Travel insurance

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 10:12 AM PST

    So me and my partner bought travel insurance through allianz travel, and booked a flight with sun country. On the way home several items in our baggage was damaged/destroyed — we filed a claim with allianz and they told us they need a "common carrier form" from the airline, the airline stated they do not provide those and gave us a letter detailing the damage to our items. The travel insurance refuses to accept anything but that form, they told us we can make our own common carrier form and submit it to them, but that seems very weird and maybe even fraudulent… what can we do?

    submitted by /u/AlternativeSmile7134
    [link] [comments]

    Car is totalled

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 04:01 PM PST

    Progressive made an offer. Honestly, it just pays off the deductible and the payoff amount. Which is fine, but I'm wondering if I should or even could negotiate that amount. I think we could have gotten a few thousand more for the car if we had sold it ourselves.

    submitted by /u/RedsRearDelt
    [link] [comments]

    Car insurance confusion (UK)

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 11:55 AM PST

    Will keep this brief as possible it's pretty long winded:

    1. Called my current insurer to request to make a claim against a potentially uninsured driver

    2. Sent over evidence, requested info as required

    3. Don't hear anything for 3 months.

    4. Insurer then sends me a renewal quote where my new price jumps by 53% to £1033 lols.

    5. Insurer a week later then sends me a letter stating "We refer to the above incident and confirm that we have not received any claim from the other party involved. We have therefore proceeded to close our file, and your no claim bonus will remain unaffected. Should a claim be presented to us in the future, and this situation changes, we will contact you to advise."

    6. Insurer readjusts my price, but only takes off a shoddy £78. They don't explain the price hike. I get annoyed. Find a different insurer. Went with a pay-per-mile insurer who's significantly cheaper.

    7. New insurer says I didn't declare the claim I apparently made (I didn't make a claim clearly because no money was exchanged/recovered and my insurer said they closed the file and my NCD remained intact) and I need to get in touch with them.

    8. Called my current insurer to ask them why my new insurer said the above to me. They explained it's a non-fault accident. But the very definition of a non fault accident is "A non-fault claim is made when you are not to blame for an accident and your insurer can recover the total cost of the claim from the person whose fault it was".

    Now that you all know the fairly long backstory, my question is, surely I should not have to declare this "claim" to my new insurer since I never actually ended up making a claim, since no money was exchanged and my insurer literally told me they didn't get a claim from the other party and they've closed the file.

    submitted by /u/_Pritzstik
    [link] [comments]

    Progressive Good Student Discount

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 02:54 PM PST

    Does Progressive accept an unofficial transcript for the good student discount?

    submitted by /u/Right-Gap8543
    [link] [comments]

    Snapshot & Music

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 02:21 PM PST

    If a passenger in my car uses my phone to change a song, is snapshot going to consider that texting and driving?

    submitted by /u/compassionateasshole
    [link] [comments]

    Car Insurance Question - Minimize the cost of teens on policy - Arizona

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 01:57 PM PST

    I have three teen drivers and five cars. All the cars are older (1995 - 2006) and I have liability only coverage to keep my insurance costs low.

    I'm thinking of buying a new car and want to avoid the spike in insurance costs I know will be coming. Can I insure the new car on a separate policy with just my wife and I? And then keep my other policy for the cars that the teens are allowed to drive? Basically the kids will never drive the new car. They would only drive the old cars.

    I'm trying to find a way to avoid the compounding effect of new car AND teen drivers on my insurance bill.

    submitted by /u/azflyerinaz
    [link] [comments]

    Car insurance question

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 01:48 PM PST

    I had a car accident yesterday and it was my fault. If the other driver decides to file a claim through my insurance and I accept responsibility, how the insurance would make sure not to pay for damages that I'm not responsible for?

    submitted by /u/_Mesopotamian
    [link] [comments]

    Parked car has been hit. Not sure what are the next steps.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 01:42 PM PST

    Today i noticed that somebody has hit the rear side of my car. Not sure when and where this might have happened. It is 2021 Toyota RAV 4 Hybrid model. Pictures of the damage is at the link below.

    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FHfJ0yhfIWjpgSj6bmaOc74HPV8Ryayj?usp=sharing

    How much it would cost to fix this?

    Should i call the police and file a complaint and then inform insurance? Or just call the insurance? (I live in Virginia, USA)

    Should i goto a Toyota dealer to fix this or is there a better option ?

    submitted by /u/krramnik
    [link] [comments]

    should i file a home insurance claim?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 12:49 PM PST

    first time home owner, i purchased a house 8 month, at the time i installed Pagola in my back yard, cost me with installation around $7000
    due to bad wind "along with probably bad installation" it fell down
    is it worth it to file a claim with my home insurance with a $1000 Deductible?
    will my insurance premium go up with this claim?

    thanks!

    submitted by /u/kofo86
    [link] [comments]

    Is this settlement offer fair for California?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 12:44 PM PST

    Rear ended at stop light. 1999 Jeep Grand cherokee is a total loss. I have an urgent care bill due (unsure what the amount is). This is what they offered me:

    Car/title/tax: $3800.00

    Medical settlement: $5000

    Pain and suffering: $1,300

    Is this a fair settlement for it all?

    submitted by /u/Jair828
    [link] [comments]

    Claiming expenses after total loss

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 12:41 PM PST

    My wife was in a car accident on 10/25. Thankfully she was not seriously injured. The car was finally declared a total loss about 2 weeks ago. The other driver was 100% at fault. What expenses/compensation can I expect the other drivers insurance (State Farm) to pay? I would like to ask for everything + some with the expectation that they will counter offer an acceptable amount.

    I did file a claim through my insurance (in hindsight I think this was a mistake).

    Here is what I have so far: -Pain and suffering (SF has already offered on this) -Rental expenses (exceeded my policies rental coverage) -Deductible -Car payments made while the wrecked car was awaiting estimate -tax value I would have received from trading in her car -medical bills

    submitted by /u/jkendall80
    [link] [comments]

    Health insurance in medical school

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 12:34 PM PST

    Hi everyone-I am struggling with what to do regarding health insurance once med school starts in July. I am under 26 (I'm 24) but cannot be under my parents' plans. I will lose my federal and state subsidy once I quit my job because you need an income to go through the marketplace in my state (NJ). After talking to financial aid and other people at my med school I really only have two options: get the school's health insurance for over $5,000 a year or go on Medicaid. I am very healthy but would have to switch my few doctors over because none of them take Medicaid, I would lose my mental health coverage completely and I have seen the terrible coverage Medicaid provides every day at my job. Anyone ever been in this situation? Should I take my school's health insurance for extra loans? I'm on the struggle bus. Best country in the world right? 🙃 Something about going to medical school but having to take out more loans/go on Medicaid for healthcare is aggressively dystopic.

    submitted by /u/femmepremed
    [link] [comments]

    Coverage to make my own food for an event?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 11:40 AM PST

    Hi everyone. I'm having a bat mitzvah party for my daughter at a local skating rink. We're renting the whole place out for a few hours. I was told that if I want to bring in food that I cooked myself at home (as opposed to having the whole thing catered by a licensed professional), I need some kind of temporary insurance. A certain provider was recommended to me, but when I contacted them they didn't seem to know what I was talking about. My request for more info from the rink has so far been ignored. I need to just call them but considering how unhelpful they've been in this matter, I was wondering if someone here could clarify what is needed for this scenario, and where/how I might be able to organize it. I'm located in NJ if that matters.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/spring13
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment