• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 2, 2022

    Personal Finance Currently getting "bait and switch'd" by a Dermatologist

    Personal Finance Currently getting "bait and switch'd" by a Dermatologist


    Currently getting "bait and switch'd" by a Dermatologist

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 09:05 PM PST

    My wife (F27) recently had an endovenous laser treatment (to get rid of varicose veins) done on both her legs (in Ohio with insurance).

    This was not for cosmetic reasons. Her legs were causing her pain, and because of that we were informed that this would be covered by our insurance.

    In initial conversations, we were told by the receptionist making this appointment that the cost of the procedure would be between $300-400 per leg. Great!

    Fast forward to a week after the procedure being done (today) and we receive a bill that has the cost of the procedure at $1867 per leg! So well over $3700!

    We called because surely there was some mistake?

    The office manager proceeds to belittle my wife and tell her that this is the cost, and we were informed this up front and that the receptionists always make it clear that insurance varies and "we never tell patients what the price will be because we never can be certain." If that was the case and made even remotely clear, we would have postponed this procedure or at least contacted our insurance first. This is literally the opposite of what happened.

    Unfortunately we had signed a financial policy before the procedure, BUT we had a verbal agreement that the cost would be around $800 at the most.

    NOW IT GETS WEIRD

    My wife is upset and proceeds to respond to the "give us a rating" email by giving 1 star reviews on Google, Facebook, and their website.

    The Office manager calls her back and is LIVID. She proceeds to ream my wife about how incompetent she is and that she's a liar. AND that since my wife left a poor review, they are revoking any options for a payment plan. Now the full amount is do in 60 days or "We'll send your ass to collections." The office manager literally swore at my wife and hung up. Classy.

    I went in and spoke to the office manager and have her on audio recording admitting to revoking the payment plan because of the review (is that legal?), but other than that its their word against ours and we have signed a document before the procedures were done.

    It looks like other people have had VERY similar experiences based on other reviews unfortunately.

    I made a report to the BBB but don't know what to do next. We have the money to pay, but this whole ordeal was shady and we feel like we got scammed. In addition, we don't want other people to go through what we have.

    Now what?

    submitted by /u/wjmonty96
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a scam? Out of state Craigslist buyer wants to mail check and pick up car after check clears

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 05:10 PM PST

    Selling a car on CL, and someone is claiming to buy a buyer from out of state. They want to send a check from Chase and after I tell them it's cleared they'll pick up the car. This has scam written all over it, but I can't figure out what the objective is?

    submitted by /u/FinishLineElectric
    [link] [comments]

    Somebody withdrew $3000 from my checking account with a fake check

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 08:31 PM PST

    I have a Discover checking account that I rarely ever use, so I don't check the balance very often. I open it today and see that $3000 was withdrawn via a physical check on January 24 (8 days ago). I don't even own checks for this account.

    I called Discover and they want to mail me a form to fill out, have me mail it back, and then they can start the investigation. I can't get any credit back to my account till after that.

    Is there ANYTHING ELSE I can do in the meantime to try to get the money back? All I have is a picture of the check.

    submitted by /u/snapmaidens
    [link] [comments]

    So… possibly a stupid question?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 09:23 PM PST

    What does it mean at checkout when it asks if you want "cash back?"

    I've looked it up on Google and I think I know what it means, but I'm scared to do it. I'm looking for (SIMPLIFIED/step by step) advice on the process of an average cash back on a debit card if possible!

    submitted by /u/Snowstorm1303
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the best and most affordable cities to rent in the USA?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 11:06 PM PST

    I've been hoping to get out of San Diego, California because of the incredibly high cost of living. I earn about $40k a year working a remote job in the e-commerce field, and I'm not sure if I can do much better than that salary for now. I am hoping to pay no more than $1k a month. It would be just me, a 33 year old female with no roommates or kids.

    I am looking at Houston for the nice affordable apartments they have (and for the space center) but I would also love to live somewhere with green sceneries and cool weather like Oregon, Colorado or Washington. My last resort plan is to move with Bakersfield to be close to family.

    What are some cities should I be looking at? I also would like to take things like jobs and safety into consideration! Lastly, I am Hispanic so I am hoping for an area where I not encounter problems with discrimination… if that's still a thing!

    Thank you! :D

    submitted by /u/irmuddled
    [link] [comments]

    Jobs for a young teen girl

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 06:52 PM PST

    Looking to see if anyone has any good suggestions on what a 13 year old girl can do for income. While I'm good on the budgeting, goal setting and encouragement pieces, I can't help much with jobs. She needs to make $31 a week in order to hit her goal of saving $800 to go on a trip in August. As a thirteen year old boy, I would detassel corn, bale hay, etc, and get the cash. While I wouldn't say she's "above that", I don't know that is a real practical suggestion. She likely couldn't lift a single bale of hay for the $800 in cash.

    So far, we've come up with the easy ones - making and selling crafts, snow shoveling (if we ever get snow this year...), possibly mowing in the summer. She does really well selling girl scout cookies, even door to door, so I think selling herself with the whole "for a class trip" will be easy for her.

    submitted by /u/D5KDeutsche
    [link] [comments]

    Asking for a pay cut?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 08:06 PM PST

    I was offered a job at a decent hourly rate and found an apartment that would be great for me. However, the apartment I'm applying for has income based rents. As it stands, my rate is about $400 a year above the cut off for one rent tier - meaning I'd have to pay an extra $2600 a year in rent.

    Would it be wise to ask the company to reduce my hourly rate by about 20 cents so that I can qualify? Assuming I get this apartment, I'd save around $180 a month (after accounting for the income decrease) - meaning I actually take home more money. That's enough to cover internet, car and renters insurance, plus some. But on the flip side, if I got turned down for the apartment then I'd be out $30 a month.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/the-awesomest-dude
    [link] [comments]

    Pretty much all my money is in US stocks. Should I diversify into international?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 06:55 PM PST

    Most of my money is in SPY with some other holdings in individual US companies. I have nothing international other than a single share of a Chinese ETF I bought a few years back to test the water (it's done fairly poorly). Should I add international stocks/indexes? If so, how? What are the bigger/safer international ETFs?

    submitted by /u/Thewhyofdownvotes
    [link] [comments]

    How did my canceled credit card get charged?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 07:37 PM PST

    My wallet got stolen 2 days ago and I called the bank to cancel it immediately. However today, I got a notification on my phone that there's a pending charge from Verizon (I have auto pay on), despite canceling my card 2 days ago. How did Verizon manage to charge me even though my card was canceled?

    submitted by /u/lich51644
    [link] [comments]

    Dealership financed me through a company i didnt want

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 07:24 PM PST

    I just bought a car. I brought in a pre-approval from my bank and gave it to the salesman. He took it to finance, who sold me the car, i signed a bunch of papers, and i took the car. Now i got a letter that i opened an account with the car manufacturers finance company. I was not told that they did not use my preapproval and i cannot see in any of the papers i took home where it says i opened an account with them. Im new to buying cars, is this normal? did they just do that to make a higher commission from not going through my bank or something? Also, APR was slightly higher that what i was given from my bank, but not by half a percentage) TIA

    submitted by /u/PuppetLoverPLV
    [link] [comments]

    What can I invest in, if I have $100 to spare every month. In US if that helps

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 08:23 PM PST

    What can I invest in, if I have $100 to spare every month. Somewhere I can let it grow for about 10-15 years? Please be kind I'm a complete noob and slowly learning.

    submitted by /u/subzi_daal_chawal
    [link] [comments]

    Interest-only loan vs. mortgage: Which is better?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 12:24 AM PST

    If you were presented the possibility of purchasing a primary residence using a low-interest (currently ~2.5% but variable) line of credit with an indefinite timeline and no requirement to pay down the principle, would that be better than taking out a typical 30-year fixed mortgage?

    Is there a simple calculation or rule of thumb for determining which is better based on relative interest rates?

    (Assume unpaid mortgage principle would be invested)

    submitted by /u/PoopSmoothies
    [link] [comments]

    Ex claimed child on taxes.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 07:25 PM PST

    My ex claimed our daughter on his tax returns when it wasn't his year to claim her. We have a custody agreement and in the papers it says I get to claim her on the odd years. Is there anything I can do? Or should I just call my lawyer? not sure where exactly I should post it, figured it would be okay here since it pertained to my taxes, if it's not please let me know!

    submitted by /u/jadienlovesu
    [link] [comments]

    $0 in my bank account, no credit and a bill that went to collections, where do I start?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 12:19 AM PST

    I need a car and a place to live. I can't get a credit card because of a medical bill that went to collections when I was 18, and I'm struggling so bad right now. I'm working a minimum wage job and am just trying my best to pay off debt and pay rent to my family's. Any tips? Thanks

    submitted by /u/shrimpsquid67
    [link] [comments]

    Does a backdoor Roth make sense for me?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 12:00 AM PST

    Never contributed to a Roth and now I make too much to start one, 37yo, does it make sense for me to do a backdoor one now? Or am I too old? What are the pros and cons versus just focusing on my taxable brokerage? Am maxing out 401k and don't have HSA option.

    submitted by /u/newtofinance1234
    [link] [comments]

    TD Ameritrade & Mint... Broken!?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 09:41 PM PST

    I am unable to add my TD Ameritrade account to Mint.

    After entering my TD credentials, I'm shown an error and am told I need to login to TD (linked) to resolve something first. I am then directed back to Mint to try again. I've done this many times over the last month with no success.

    I suspect the API or script used by Mint for authentication, is broken.

    Does anyone else have this problem?
    Does anyone know how I can submit this issue to Mint to be resolved?

    submitted by /u/OkEmphasis2499
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment