• Breaking News

    Friday, February 4, 2022

    My business logos are going onto our work shirts for the first time, and I'm ridiculously excited. small business

    My business logos are going onto our work shirts for the first time, and I'm ridiculously excited. small business


    My business logos are going onto our work shirts for the first time, and I'm ridiculously excited.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 11:15 PM PST

    No sideways/backside plug attempt here - we already have more freight than we can handle!

    I run a small local trucking company, and we're actually making profits (!) and getting all official. My uniform company has had the logo file for a month or so, and my delivery guy just showed me our first one. It feels like Christmas Eve as a kid.

    Tomorrow is steak night at the warehouse. We're celebrating!

    submitted by /u/Eclectophile
    [link] [comments]

    Employee calling in sick every time she is on her period

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 08:27 AM PST

    She calls in sick with an hour to two hour notice every month whenever on her period. I don't even know how to handle this. I'm also a woman so I understand but I really don't know how to accomodate this because it affects the scheduling.

    submitted by /u/Happykid0325
    [link] [comments]

    Do you owe someone a conversation when firing them with cause after 2 weeks?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 12:47 PM PST

    Long story short, I let someone go today because of an extremely inappropriate attitude. Basically, they have worked with us for 2ish weeks and 3 people have complained of being uncomfortable with their interactions. Today, a senior site lead sent this person from a job because of their performance and attitude. I rushed to the office to meet them there.

    Upon return to the office, I took their supplies. I couldn't get much out except to say it isn't working and they need to change their attitude. Of course I got a threatening follow up text after the fact saying that I was unprofessional for not talking further about the situation.

    I'm just wondering: Do you think I owed that person a conversation?

    submitted by /u/thedailygrowl
    [link] [comments]

    Way to pay employees higher for not offering health insurance?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 07:11 AM PST

    I have 10 employees. Most are a bit older, 80k income with families.

    The health plans are so expensive that not even the employees want to sign up to cover their portion of costs (especially the people with families). And if I offer a company plan, then they are not eligible for subsidies on the healthcare exchange plans (obamacare or whatever people are calling it).

    Also if I reimburse them for exchange plans then again they are not eligible for subsidies...

    Are people finding other ways (higher overall wages) to help the employees still receive subsidies yet also receive help on their plans?

    (In Florida by the way, not sure if this is different in other states)

    submitted by /u/ethan_hunt9000
    [link] [comments]

    Employee Perk? Recreation / Tool Checkout

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 10:15 AM PST

    Over the years of living a great life and building a business, I have accumulated a lot of stuff. Has anyone ever setup a loan or checkout program for specialty tools or recreational items? We only have 7 employees so it is a small group but it is growing and I want to stay progressive.

    Bikes, Kayaks, Higher End Camping Gear, Yeti Coolers, Tools like Hammer Drills, Extension Ladders, Saws etc. I have loads of that kind of thing all in great shape. Living in a Rural area we don't have a lot of places to rent stuff so I end up buying it when I need it typically.

    Any issues with liability if I do this? I do have standard business liability insurance etc. Do I make up a No-Fault form they need to sign? How do I track who has what checked out?

    submitted by /u/RusherRacing
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to track a customer down about a declined transaction (brick-and-mortar store)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 10:00 AM PST

    Hi all.

    So last night at close, the closer at our shop had one 'possibly troubled' customer straggling. The employee on duty told her we were closed, but she didn't seem to care much. She did end up bringing a couple of products up to the till to buy - great.

    There are $100 rings at the till and while our employee rung up the items and told her the amount ($168), she tapped her card and quickly picked up a ring (averting the employee's eyes away from the machine). The employee was focused on making sure she put the ring back and didn't notice that the transaction was declined. As soon as the customer put the ring back, the employee gave the customer their purchase, and they left the store extremely fast. The employee then looked at the machine (declined) and ran out after her. The customer was nowhere to be seen, and now our shop is taking a $168 hit.

    I guess my question is - is there any way for us to get the money we lost. Can we contact the Clover (who our machine is with) and maybe retrieve customer information to contact them. I'm assuming Clover can't give our personal information, regardless of the case. We do have cameras in the shop and can maybe post her photo on social media (but what happens if it was actually an honest mistake and she comes back at us for slander).

    I know $168 doesn't seem like a lot, but I'm sure we can agree that to a small business it can be a substantial hit. So, does anyone have any ideas on how (if) we can retrieve the funds for the stolen products?

    Any information would help. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/1640girl
    [link] [comments]

    Order Management software for Growing Small Business

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 09:28 AM PST

    Hey All,

    My company has started to grow steadily over the past 5 years. We've been in business for over 25 years but didn't increase revenue much until the last 5. We operate as B2B with no online sales, provide onsite service and issue RMAs for in house service and repair on our equipment. We currently use QB desktop for accounting purposes and separate company files for quoting and ordering. All order and PO numbers are generated through separate excel workbooks. Looking for suggestions for software to help integrate our order entry, purchasing, RMA, shipping logs etc that can be accessed on the cloud if possible.

    Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/PositivelyDull
    [link] [comments]

    [Academic] Usage of big data in Marketing Context (all welcomed)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 09:23 AM PST

    Hi, everyone, I'm here to ask for your help.

    I have carried out the following questionnaire for a university project and your answers would be very useful to conduct a study as close to reality as possible.
    The survey is designed to understand the state of the Big Data initiatives among companies of various types and sizes.
    The questionnaire should not take more than 6-7 minutes.
    The respondents will remain anonymous and the answers, at the level of respondents or companies, will not be shared or identified.
    I hope you can help me and thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Ornery_Ant3553
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking feedback on a business idea for a University class.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 09:12 AM PST

    Hey Everyone, I have to get feedback on a business idea for a University class. I would appreciate it if a few of you could reply with any thoughts or concerns you have about the business. I only need 5-10 responses.

    Thanks!

    My business idea: Hole-in-One Golf

    Hole-in-One Golf is a place for golfers of all ages and skill levels to practice every aspect of their golf game all year long.

    This is an indoor facility with many golf simulators and large putting mats so golfers can work on their game no matter what the weather is. Hole-In-One Golf also provides several food & beverage options. Coaching programs are available for those looking to take their game to the next level. Our target market is casual golfers of all ages.

    Since the pandemic began, golf has become insanely more popular and with the weather in Nova Scotia and most of Canada, golfers are only able to get out on a course and play for 6-7 months each year. With this influx of new golfers, I think targeting the casual golfer is the right choice. Many "weekend golfers" like myself are looking for a place to go to have a few drinks and hit some balls for a few hours when it is raining and throughout the winter, which is why I think this business can be a success. The vision for this business is like TopGolf, except with golf simulators.

    submitted by /u/marshallcolaiacovo
    [link] [comments]

    Becoming a business

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 05:26 AM PST

    I run my own little local news media company, it is mostly based on social media, I have built a website and I am slowly going to transition the articles onto there for Google ads and such.

    What I am looking find out is, what is the cheapest way to register the business (UK) and with the profits being a small amount from ad revenue (£0 at present) and a couple of quid here and there from t-shirt sales do I need to register for VAT because I wont be reaching the threshold?

    In all honesty the main reason behind this is getting the business registered on Facebook.

    Any advice or pointers are greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Doga69
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the #1 trait you learned that took a business from 7 to 8 figures?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 08:43 AM PST

    Also, what's a trait/action that has prevented growth of a business

    submitted by /u/mtsteverest2
    [link] [comments]

    Web dev learning to sell. Could use some help with cold calling.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 08:20 AM PST

    Hey all, I've been doing web design & development for 3 years now, mostly focusing on my skills and learning to build really nice websites. I've gotten a few clients here and there but want to be actively selling now.

    My initial thought was to just cold calling businesses in my area, but ik a lot of businesses really don't like random cold calls, I have a script from a couple popular Reddit posts basically just asking to setup a meeting/phone call for the first cold call and going from there to be more in depth and gauge interest.

    I feel like I could use some help in how to effectively approach a business with cold calling so I don't just seem like another salesy website creator. I really like helping people and want to expand my reach and client base and feel like outbound sales could really help me.

    So how should I be tackling cold calling local businesses so I can be effective and get their interest without seeming too pushy and salesy? Is it really just a numbers game or what should I make sure I am doing to feel more approachable and helpful and not like I'm just trying to make another sale? Thanks for any input!(x-post from /r/sales)

    submitted by /u/Saaswebdev
    [link] [comments]

    Receipt Tracking

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 08:20 AM PST

    Hi all!

    Was wondering if there is an app that anyone recommends for tracking receipts/expenses. Also is there a way to split a receipt into multiple items (I.e. if I go to Lowes for building material and landscaping material and my bill is $100, can I easily split that into $75 for building and $25 for landscaping)? Thank you to everyone in advance!

    submitted by /u/MoxieBlaziken
    [link] [comments]

    Attorney vs CPA - only room in budget for 1 which one do you recommend?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 08:09 PM PST

    Ive been growing a home service company for the last 2 years + some change, and have been able to get it to $300k annual recurring revenue. I struggle with the legal business corporate filings so I'm interested in a CPA to clean up everything about our numbers and business structure.

    On the other hand, I'd like to be able to have someone to draft contracts and waivers on the fly so I can work safer and more efficiently as larger opportunities come our way.

    What are some things I should be considering when comparing the value proposition CPA vs lawyer?

    submitted by /u/Free_Idea_
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone used Stax by Fattmerchant for credit card processing?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 07:45 AM PST

    I own a bakery and am trying to find the best company to go with for processing. I read good things about Stax online and am wondering if anyone has used them?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/dogswhoarecats
    [link] [comments]

    Small businesses & Microcredits around the world

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 07:42 AM PST

    Since Nobel Prize winner Muhammad Yunus started testing micro-loans in Bangladesh 1976, this socioeconomic form of financing - typically low-income individuals - has expanded globally and helped 140+ million people. Micro-loans range between $10 and $2000, sometimes accepting collateral of groups, rather than from individuals, when these cannot offer any. As other types of loans, their customers must pay back the loan with interest and in regular instalments. Microcredits are mostly common in low-income areas (Sources: Investopedia; Fit Small Businesses)

    • What is your experience with microcredits? How has it helped your community? Open for criticism too.
    • What are business concepts in your part of the world, that could potentially be applied somewhere else? And which ones would not work somewhere else, for being so regional, cultural, or resource-specific?
    • For people residing in high-income countries, have you found ways to support small entrepreneurs?

    Disclaimer: not looking to start a business myself. My motivation is to generate discussion, and hear inspiring stories, big or small ideas, that others can take home. Reddit is a global, cooperative, loving platform; many of its users live in less developed economies; some of them are surely great entrepreneurs on the making.

    submitted by /u/brokenverses
    [link] [comments]

    Question About Electing an S-Corp to Pay Taxes, Accidently Paid Taxes Early

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 07:30 AM PST

    Hello r/smallbusiness,

    I have a quick question about an LLC I've formed and electing an S-Corp to pay taxes.

    Problem 1: I run an online business, and I don't have any real expenses to pay besides my payroll. I've elected an S-Corp to pay myself via payroll a salary so that I am able to be eligible for certain things in life (ie, leasing an apartment, car loan, etc). All income goes straight to me, and I change my salary amount to basically the gross that I make. It's not massive, maybe like $85k/y.

    Now the question is, will I be paying taxes every Q, or will I wait until the end of the year to pay my taxes due to passing through me and I just end up paying the taxes at the end of the year to avoid double taxation?

    Problem 2: I use inuit quickbooks and I've accidentally paid for taxes via my EIN (it was auto and i couldn't stop it). How do I get a refund for the IRS - or can a strategize this payment and roll it into my personal tax return maybe since the income goes through me?

    Thanks so much for the read, and the help!

    submitted by /u/Zealousideal_Till_49
    [link] [comments]

    Starting a business for small ventures in Canada

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 07:30 AM PST

    I would like to start a business with the intention of managing several different aspects of land development. This would include things like supplying and planting trees, installing fence, septic, driveways, land procurement, etc. Anyways, step one for me would be to essentially start a tree farm that will see no return for at least a year. I would like to buy a couple thousand trees and plant them on my own land. Secondly, I want to invest in a decent computer for CAD of the properties. My question is, do I start a business (actually form a ltd. company) and purchase all the trees and computer and stuff and put my expenses on the company, even though I can't possibly see revenue from the trees until next year? I am also going to be developing a property for someone this spring and I would like to just have my own company to keep everything separate from my actual day job income.

    Simple question: Do I start a business just to have the business? Other than the registration, does it cost me to maintain a business that sees no revenue? (I'm excluding insurance considerations for the purpose of this question)

    Thank You!

    submitted by /u/greentinroof_
    [link] [comments]

    Upscale Houseplant Boutique

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 07:24 AM PST

    I live in a wealthy area of the Northeast. Within 7-10 miles of my town there is no shortage of nurseries and landscaping companies, including several that do both. There are also the usual big-box stores within 10-12 miles.

    My borough (kind of like a very small "downtown" for those unfamiliar) has a handful of small businesses but what it does not have is a plant store. I am wondering if this is an opportunity.

    I'm imagining a small shop with a variety of houseplants. Here is how it would be different from the other retailers I described above:

    • higher quality than big box stores
    • much closer than the nurseries and landscapers, plus smaller feel and only houseplants
    • hard to find, exotic, and special order plants
    • high quality fixtures and display elements
    • concierge design services akin to interior designers

    It seems that this idea could suffer from homelessness, i.e. it's either too niche or too similar to nearby establishments. I was thinking its location alongside the other borough shops might help. After all, they, too, offer similar items as those in neighboring towns but they've found a way to set themselves apart.

    Anyway, I am not a business owner and never have been. My wife is, though, so I have those issues covered. I'm just an idea person who loves plants and is looking for a way to set up shop in my town.

    What do you experts think? And don't be afraid to tell me it's a terrible idea… I can take it!

    submitted by /u/pseudofidelis
    [link] [comments]

    What are the most popular countries for food manufacturing, and why?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 07:06 AM PST

    I've lived in weird places, and a lot of food comes somehow imported from Belgium. Some in Dubai like say Bugles have a local factory in Sharjah, but others import. A lot of chocolates import. Curious as to why

    submitted by /u/Living_Tangerine_235
    [link] [comments]

    What Business Checking Account for YouTuber

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 06:53 AM PST

    I pull about $300-400 a month from Ad Revenue (sometimes $1000). I've been using BB&T (now Truist) and its been a PITA to transfer owner's withdrawals out lately. Hours on hold due to blocks for small amounts ($500-1200).

    I've seen mixed things about Mercury and BlueVine.

    I don't need to go into a bank branch since everything is completely online, but I'm not sure who to go with that doesn't require a large monthly amount and doesn't have fees.

    submitted by /u/LegionlessOnYT
    [link] [comments]

    Your most enjoyable "I AM the manager" moment?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 11:13 PM PST

    I don't go looking for reasons to flex my owner-muscles, but when I get to, I relish it. Usually it's kicking out a customer who thinks I'll take verbal abuse for a dollar amount—I'm a one man blue collar business.

    Recently, I encountered a customer who started telling me that my vaccine mandate, which is also my city's mandate, was discriminatory and such a shame because they wanted to give me their money. They went on and on about their proof and data, etc. and trying to bait me into an argument. I just responded by saying "Tomato tomato. Feel free to contact HR with your concern". Like there's two ways of saying tomato, depending on where you the put the emphasis. It doesn't really apply to the situation but I don't have to make any sense if I don't want to. It's been a long two years. Welcome to PopCopy!

    What's a memorable boundary setting anecdote from your business?

    submitted by /u/earthad66
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your go-to rate for selling your product wholesale?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 06:38 AM PST

    If a product retails for $30, is it smart to sell a box of 10 of them to a retailer for $200? Or is that selling it too short? Should it be $250? What's your go-to philosophy for bulk pricing?

    submitted by /u/andreaisinteresting
    [link] [comments]

    Those of you in industrial niches - Anyone work with or a customer of DXP Enterprises out of Houston?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 05:11 AM PST

    What was your experience like as a customer of theirs?

    My younger brother in Houston is considering taking a job there and since I have a finance background asked me to take a look at the company from a financial point of view to make sure they are healthy and stable.

    They look like a total shit show just from their numbers but I'd love hear directly from some people who are familiar with them

    submitted by /u/pjthejvbroker
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment