• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 9, 2022

    I(24F) have never bought my own insurance and need advice, PLS!!! Insurance

    I(24F) have never bought my own insurance and need advice, PLS!!! Insurance


    I(24F) have never bought my own insurance and need advice, PLS!!!

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 04:26 AM PST

    Hi everyone- hope you are all having a good February so far :)

    I am buying my own medical/health insurance for the first time and I am not sure how to buy online insurance.

    1) I am worried I am being scammed by a company called NowCompare.com They are helping me get the cheapest ex-pat cover, RegencyForExpats.com - while I work in France for a year. If anyone can verify the mixed reviews I have read that would be great...

    2) If anyone has any other recommendations for good international health insurance companies, that don't break the bank, that would be swell. I don't really want to use travel insurance unless it's really good. I want to be covered as if I was living in Europe (equivilant to a hospital plan/inpatient cover).

    Thank you so so so so much!!!

    submitted by /u/OrchidDonar
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to insure my truck in the event that it's totaled?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 05:40 AM PST

    I'm not concerned about an at-fault scenario so much as I am if someone else were to total my truck. It's my understanding that I would be compensated with the actual cash value as determined by the insurance company.

    My issue is that I drive a Ford Maverick, which is worth significantly more than MSRP and cannot be readily replaced.

    Would ACV factor in the actual cost of buying a Maverick with comparable miles (~45k) or am I more likely to be offered something closer to MSRP (25k)?

    Is there something I can do preemptively to modify my insurance to bridge that gap?

    submitted by /u/Traditional-File-143
    [link] [comments]

    To file, or not to file... That is the question?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 04:41 AM PST

    Hello!

    So I was rear ended recently and have rear dashcam footage of the incident. The other party is clearly at fault. It's small damage, cosmetic, that I want remedied. The car was mint.

    In NYC for mall accidents there are no longer police reports. The other party insisted we summon the police anyway. After the police arrived they advised to handle it without insurance as both our premiums would go up.

    My question is: should I handle its as such?

    Are premiums going up if the other party tries to avoid repair work cost and I am forced to go through his insurance?

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/MosesKyle
    [link] [comments]

    Car has been scrapped, can I leave my insurance on it until I get a new car?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 04:17 AM PST

    Instead of cancelling my policy and getting a new one can I just keep my cube insured until I get a new car and simply transfer the policy over. I intend on getting a new car by the end of the week.

    submitted by /u/LJamH
    [link] [comments]

    What is considered betterment?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 01:11 AM PST

    What would be considered betterment with regards to my personal auto? Within the last year I replaced the injectors, spark plugs and tpms sensors in my car but I'm not sure if those will be considered or not during the claim process.

    submitted by /u/svetik077
    [link] [comments]

    Minor Accident + Additional questions

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 09:33 PM PST

    So today I was in an accident. As was coming out of a parking space in a food plaza, I'm looking behind me to see if there are any cars. A couple pass by and as the last one goes pass, I start backing out. About a quarter of my car gets out the last guy suddenly reverses backward into my car. He starts to leave and I chase him down for his insurance/info. I chase him and get him to pull over in the next plaza across the street. Then trade info and do standard procedure. Then he mentions to give him a call later to settle it(I'm gonna assume he wants to negotiate under the table/ privately without insurance.) That being said

    1. Could I be at fault here? Maybe 50/50?
    2. Should I just file a claim/ or negotiate with him and if the latter are there any risks?

    Edit: the guy seems to be from a fairly large company in which I'm sure he has some form of ownership. And his was a company vehicle would he have an advantage over me?

    This is the second accident I've been in and the first one was not my fault, and it has been only 2-3 weeks. The first case hasn't even concluded yet. Edit : Some guy backs into my parked car and hits and run

    1. Would any of this stain my insurance and make my insurance go up?

    Thank you for advice

    submitted by /u/Constant-Day3906
    [link] [comments]

    Could I still get my preventative care visit covered?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 07:09 PM PST

    (Arkansas) Cigna Insurance

    This is kinda long and complicated — sorry!

    I recently went to the doctor for GI pains (that have since went away) and they didn't find the cause. This is because they booked my appt with the wrong doctor, my gyno instead of my PCP, and an ultrasound was done. They work in the same building. I guess I can take part of the blame for not catching any of it ahead of time, but what the heck?

    An important detail to point out is that I have a genetic mutation that ups my chances of getting cancer. I used this to asked my gyno if I could get a referral for a colonoscopy (doctor recommended preventative care) and the referral was sent. It was touched on that it would be my next step to figure out the cause of my pain but we mainly talked about cancer and the importance of early screenings. The diagnosis code used in my referral pertained to my ultrasound results about my lady parts (results irrelevant).

    The issue is that I just found out that under my insurance's preventative care, the colonoscopy would be completely covered, but I have already went to the doctor for GI pains and a referral was sent.

    Could I visit with my PCP about preventative care I need to take in the future and mention the colonoscopy referral there, recommending a (different) doctor/facility? I'm not sure how much insurance would want to dig. I don't want to do anything I'm not supposed to but I am trying to make this more affordable on myself….

    Thank you for reading and please be nice!

    submitted by /u/ta25786424
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment