• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 10, 2022

    Accounting The truth about the new lease standards

    Accounting The truth about the new lease standards


    The truth about the new lease standards

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 06:48 AM PST

    Outrageous fun!

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 08:14 AM PST

    When you spend 3 hours trying to figure out a variance but make no progress

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 06:54 PM PST

    Send help

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 07:01 AM PST

    The understaffing at big four firms has gotten out of hand. I'm an intern who is currently working my second busy season audit internship with the same firm. I accepted a full-time offer starting later this year. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you I am doing the work of a senior associate as an intern. This leads me to believe the actual senior on the team must be doing the work of a manager. At what point do these firms lower their recruitment standards and bring in more qualified people to alleviate the pressure on their staff?

    submitted by /u/PJNorgamChase
    [link] [comments]

    When interns ask you questions all at the same time

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 09:09 PM PST

    After a month working as accounting intern, I understand why this field can never be fully automated

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 06:02 PM PST

    When you have taken so many CPA exams that this question on your 3rd graders homework actually confuses you ����‍��

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 12:18 AM PST

    Who’s the GOAT in the accounting world?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 06:06 PM PST

    Like basketball player have MJ

    Astronauts have Neil Armstrong

    Engineers have Bill Gates or some shit.

    Who do we look up to? Who's the greatest accountant OF ALL TIME?

    submitted by /u/PricewaterhouseCap
    [link] [comments]

    TIL we all have fake jobs (thanks to the infamous accountant song)

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 07:08 AM PST

    I think I’m gonna go back to school and change my major.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 08:06 AM PST

    I graduated with a degree in accounting with a 3.7 gpa last fall. Im currently an intern and the work is extremely confusing. I am being yelled at and being called stupid by my co-workers who are training me. I am losing my sanity everyday. I dream about talking back to them and just roast the fuck out of them.

    In all honesty I am seriously considering going back to school and getting a different degree this summer. A degree that complements with my accounting degree but I will not work in a accounting firm. Im so fucken angry.

    submitted by /u/MIAchamps
    [link] [comments]

    Switching careers at 27. What are some of my options?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 06:34 AM PST

    Some background info - I'm a married 27 year old with a spouse who makes nearly enough money to support us both at this current stage in our life. She just took a new job doing what she loves while getting a substantial pay increase. This gave me a little bit of flexibility to change things up. We are, however, planning to have kids within the next 2-3 years so I'd like to at least be pulling my weight by that point.

    Edit: I should clarify that I am perfectly okay with taking classes during that time period while working. Full time school just wouldn't really be much a realistic option, I don't think.

    I have a BS in Hospitality and have worked in hotels the past 6 years. Most of that time I have been in management positions. I hated it the last 3 years so I recently found an entry level industry bookkeeping position for slightly less pay (went from 50,000 to 45,000 per year in a LCOL area). I've been here since November and honestly I am loving it. The hours are better, I feel like I have plenty of time to complete all my tasks, and I get more satisfaction out of what I'm doing. Being an introvert, working behind the scenes is making me a happier person overall.

    I would like to pursue accounting as a career and use my current job as a jumping off point, but I really don't know where to begin. I have looked into going back to school, but I want a clear plan before I invest all that money/time. I'm pretty certain I'd like to stay in industry rather than going into public accounting.

    What are some of my best options or steps to succeed at this point? Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/backbynewyears
    [link] [comments]

    TIL, anyone on this sub could be an FBI agent

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 03:02 AM PST

    Thought this was appropriate

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 05:06 PM PST

    Partner emailed me

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 06:27 PM PST

    I got an email from my partner on a recent audit I did that I did a very good job and to keep up the good work. My HR manager even called that day after I got the email to congratulate me. Idk why but I always have this impending fear of being fired. I started in November, is this a sign I'm on track to being good?

    submitted by /u/Needcpa
    [link] [comments]

    Has an ex-employer ever destroyed your soul so badly that now even if you’re at a new job, you feel burned out?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 06:07 PM PST

    Asking for a friend.

    submitted by /u/anon66783
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone notice that if you browse this sub long enough you see the same questions and complaints over and over?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 08:39 PM PST

    Just pointing this out because all I do is scroll through reddit and have no life.

    I realize this post will be my elevator into downvote hell, but oh well.

    submitted by /u/demoninthesac
    [link] [comments]

    YETI per charge hour

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 06:35 PM PST

    When your parents are graphic designers…

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 09:13 PM PST

    What do you want?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 12:24 AM PST

    We all know that turnover is at a near all time high. Opportunities for more money are out there and that could mean leaving your current position or using another offer to get a bump where you're at.

    What I want to know is, aside from increased comp: what would make you enjoy your job and life more right now?

    Specifically, what could your managers/senior managers/partners be doing to make this job more bearable?

    I used to take people out for drinks and nice dinners. In the virtual world I tried Zoom happy hours. Pre-covid that worked really well to strengthen team bonds and keep people together. It was stress free time that we expensed. COVID virtual happy hours have been a bust though...

    What could a manager do to make your work life better? And also what ideas do you have for virtual team building that aren't terrible?

    Sincerely,

    Dude who wants to make this job fun again

    submitted by /u/captaincampbell42
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment