• Breaking News

    Friday, December 31, 2021

    Is it weird I love processes? Entrepreneur

    Is it weird I love processes? Entrepreneur


    Is it weird I love processes?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 06:13 AM PST

    I'm a "professional COO".

    I work with business owners who are underwater and who need systems to get out. Also those looking to process map their entire company in order to one day sell.

    I find that nearly EVERY SINGLE business owner I work with HATES talking about processes.

    Yet I absolutely love it…

    I love finding the bottlenecks, pounding them out, and setting them to run on autopilot (meaning without the business owner).

    I guess that's why I'm in the field I am…. But gosh darn, why do visionaries hate this so much? Lol

    submitted by /u/sambrowny778
    [link] [comments]

    I think the metaverse will spur a renaissance in offline businesses and real world experiences, what opportunities do you think it will provide?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 04:44 AM PST

    As we start hearing more about digital worlds, headsets and virtual offices all I can think is that the value of real world experiences and connection will increase. Im convinced that there is a huge opportunity for offline, low tech, highly visceral and connective businesses.

    I'm interested to hear from this community of entrepreneurs where you see the opportunities from the oncoming metaverse.

    submitted by /u/LL112
    [link] [comments]

    I did $550k in revenue in my second year in business (190% growth) - here’s what I learned

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 01:28 PM PST

    I started a marketing company in October 2019 and we've grown like crazy ever since. Last year, I did a post about our first year in business that was well-received, so I wanted to update it for our second year in business as well.

    Who we are: We give small/medium businesses agency-quality marketing at a price point they can afford.

    2020 Revenue: $192,447

    2021 Projected Revenue: $382,826

    2021 Actual Revenue: $558,207

    2022 Projected Revenue: $1.1 million

    More detail on 2021 revenue:

    Flat rate/project revenue: $172k

    Monthly recurring revenue: $384k

    Net Profit: $80,000

    Client Roster:

    • 16 current clients (same as last year, interestingly)
    • 1 of our clients is responsible for $190k of our revenue

    Team:

    This year, my attention really shifted from doing the work myself to building a team that does the work. Do I still jump in and do things myself? Yes. But that's getting rarer and rarer.

    This is absolutely the biggest hurdle when running your own business. You can be good at what you do, but starting a business around that thing is totally different. Read the E-Myth and you'll understand. Most of my day is spent managing people, and running the business, and solving problems/putting out fires. Luckily I love managing people, it's been one of the great joys of my life to see my team develop and grow.

    We had personal and family emergencies, mental health crises, illnesses, you name it we faced it this year. I had to let some freelancers go due to poor performance.

    From the start, I didn't want to start an agency with a whole slew of full-timers. When agency life is good, they hire up. When clients leave, they have to do layoffs. It's a nasty cycle and I wanted to be very, very careful about hiring anyone full-time, so we use a core team of freelancers to do the work as it's needed.

    When I work with a client, I don't want to have my upcoming payroll looming in my head. I want to be able to walk away, or do the best thing for THEM, not because I'm nervous about feeding mouths.

    However, we grew enough to where a full-timer made financial sense - and it also helps prevent the higher churn you get with freelancers. It was SCARY to hire someone else. It's a big responsibility. I also waited until the workload was simply untenable for me. However, she's kicked all kinds of ass and I don't have to worry that she's on top of things. She's saved me a ton of time and enabled me to focus on other aspects of the business.

    It's worked so well, we're now actively hiring for our second full-time position (shameless plug here).

    Another change - we hired a freelance Account Manager for some of our accounts, as asking a marketing strategist to do project management, account management, and marketing is too much. It's worked out, even though I was nervous since this is the most client-facing role - that I was doing myself previously. It's like replacing you… but again, I saw immediate time savings once we hired the position.

    I promoted our Project Manager to Director of Ops, as she has excellent insight into the business and had ideas for how to improve things. We adopted an agile framework (borrowed from computer engineering) and it's streamlined things tremendously.

    Lessons: Give real feedback to the team, in the moment when the thing happens. If it's a big deal, say so. There is no annual review with freelancers, and you shouldn't wait that long anyway.

    Double-check their work until you KNOW they have it down. Even then, check in regularly to make sure they are feeling good.

    When getting out of the business, you'll be the blocker for reviewing. I can't tell you how many days of my calendar were JUST for reviewing work, and I still couldn't keep up.

    Every penny you spend on GOOD people will be earned back tenfold. Take the leap. DO IT!

    Marketing / Sales:

    I see a lot of posts from younger people who want to start their own business, especially marketing agencies, but my advice is to wait. We have done absolutely zero marketing - all of our business was word of mouth and referral.

    We spent the last two years really honing our offerings and what true value we can give to small businesses. We developed a 6-step strategy service that we'll start selling in earnest in 2022, to not just bring in more sales but to add some predictability to the pipeline. Besides, having our revenue heavily weighted to our one major client is NOT where I want to be.

    I bought myself a present after a year and a half - previously, our domain was my name as a dot com, but I wanted the business name instead (which was a premium domain at a $4k price tag). I finally bit the bullet this summer and I'm very happy about it.

    Self:

    Your business is absolutely a reflection of you. When you're stressed and feeling overwhelmed, you CANNOT take it out on your team or your clients. It's really hard, especially on days where you have a million things to do and somehow everyone's asking 15,000 questions.

    On January 25th I turned off email notifications on my phone. I wanted to be fully present and disconnected after work hours and on weekends. I still work about 2-4 hours each weekend, but I do so consciously, instead of things just coming at me all the time. For the most part, when I close my computer, I am done for the day.

    I'm a big, big proponent of taking care of yourself. I get 7-9 hours of sleep per night. I don't eat as well as I used to, but I do make sure I eat one piece of fruit every day and get at least a serving of leafy veggies each day.

    Exercise is essential. Before I started my business, I used to work out first thing in the morning. However, that's ALSO when I do my best deep work. So I tried working out in the afternoons, when my energy is low and my brain isn't as quick. But I kept not doing it, because I don't like working out after I've eaten. Exercise comes before getting deep work done, so it got moved back to the mornings and voila! Now I work out consistently.

    I take supplements - piracetam, Alpha GPC, Brain Juice, vitamin D and C, and magnesium. I had to stop drinking so much caffeine due to a health issue, so I drink mudwtr in the morning and Recess at night.

    When my stress was really acute (before I made the FT hire), I was taking ashwagndha and ginseng. While it decreased the sharpness of my stress, it also made me lose the drive / motivation to really push hard when I needed to. I stopped taking it once I noticed this effect, and I knew my workload would decrease with the new person.

    Friendships have really taken a hit. It's hard to see friends when I'm working a lot, and most of my friends don't really understand what I'm doing. I have just one or two close friends now, and a very good relationship with my boyfriend. He loves discussing my business and helps me think through things - he also knows my weaknesses or when I'm being impulsive or impatient.

    My boyfriend takes priority and when we spend time together, I don't get distracted by my phone. I have not updated or looked at social media in the two years since I started my business. It's a total time waste.

    Clients:

    In March, we made the decision to only serve B2C clients, as B2B is not our specialty. I've turned down potential contracts, which was hard, but it's much easier to focus on your area of expertise.

    I am obsessive about doing the right thing by my clients. I constantly tell my team that I would rather break even on a project and do it right than try to squeeze extra cash out of it and do a crappy job. I've fired clients who aren't a good fit or who treated my team poorly, and I've given refunds to clients when I didn't feel we did the right thing by them.

    I'm a big believer that there is unlimited work out there, and finding the right fit is more important than making money. Fortunately, we are making good money while treating people well.

    -

    Thank you for reading! I hope this is helpful - ask me anything, I'm an open book.

    submitted by /u/cleanenergy425
    [link] [comments]

    Upholstery cleaning

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 09:22 AM PST

    Hello everyone, I got no one to talk to. So I have to get it off my chest. I clean carpet and upholstery professionally. It's my business. I had my dad come help me bring some stuff in the house and wait in the car. A guy comes out and asks him if I can clean one upholstery cushion. Normally it's a $125 minimum to do a job like this. But I was going to charge him just $50 because he's the neighbor and they paid for their daughter up stairs. By the way this all on New Year's Eve. And when I went in to do the job for $50, she said no I'll clean it my self and had an attitude. So normally I don't work for people like that, because I know from the past that it always ends with a problem with them being not happy. Then instead she wants the whole big upholstery piece for $50. So I told her $125 and she didn't want it done and I left on good paths. My mom and dad are telling me I have no clue about business and I lost out and how everyone will talk about in the buildings. They won't stop and it's bothering me. They were the ones telling me 2 years ago to clean couches for $85 and now people and I charge $125 for couches. I hate when people tell me what's best for me, when it's my company and I know how things work. And they don't stop badgering me and complaining how I'm wrong. Lol now they want me to apologize for being wrong

    submitted by /u/djnduchdnd
    [link] [comments]

    Do You Know Any Billionaire Habits?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2021 05:18 PM PST

    I know billionaires consider their time gold. I know ther'e very proactive and are doers, action takers and keen time managers.

    I would like to know if any of you have adapted a millionaire/billionaire habit that you benefited from?

    submitted by /u/Yonathandlc
    [link] [comments]

    Lessons learned from my first Kickstarter as a scientist turned entrepreneur.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 09:33 AM PST

    I'd like to write this down while my thoughts are still fresh, and also in time to benefit from any suggestions or feedback you might have.

    Me: background is mostly in academia, no real significant experience in entrepreneurship/marketing/etc.

    This is the campaign site, it's essentially a hardware gadget for a niche audience:

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bettergeiger/better-geiger-radiation-detector?ref=3vhmv1

    I want to focus here on marketing/promotion because the hardware development is very project-specific, and furthermore specific to doing a project right now because of the crazy chip shortage. If I did this project two years earlier or later it probably would have been much easier.

    Here are my main takeaways so far:

    Kickstarter itself is an incredible attention-gathering machine. I was debating whether to do a Kickstarter or not, or just try to cobble together a first batch of units to start selling. My thinking was that if I go straight to amazon then I am faster in getting (hopefully) positive reviews and momentum there, and that a Kickstarter would slow that process. On the other hand, Kickstarter has a ton of financial advantages in that I can essentially get a lot of pre-orders. This was important, but the attention Kickstarter itself generated turned out to be much more valuable than I initially realized, and I'm extremely glad I did it. Despite a lot of effort on a lot of avenues roughly 60% of my support was generated by Kickstarter itself.

    Reddit is an amazing way to get attention if you're willing and able to provide value in return. I am fortunate enough to be able to offer some technical insights on a topic that people are curious about - https://old.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/re0yi6/i_have_a_phd_in_nuclear_engineering_my_career_is/ - and also I put a lot of time into answering many (hundreds) of questions and trying to be as thorough and interesting as possible, but also genuine and not getting overly fixated on promoting my product. People can smell that a mile away. I did that main AMA and also a few other smaller ones with the same formula in mind - I genuinely wanted to answer peoples' questions and provide value, even if it has nothing to do with my product. I think that people respond well to that and in return I got a lot of attention to my project. Honestly I would have enjoyed the process and interactions even if there wasn't a self-serving component to it. Roughly 15% of my support so far came via reddit. This is overall not a formula for everyone, depending on what the project is, but something to consider, there are a lot of niche subreddits and they might be interested in a deep dive about our project or your life experience.

    Facebook ads are a grind - all of my experience is somewhat situation-dependent, but the money I spent on facebook ads had pretty poor returns. The fact is that the audience is on average quite old, majority 50+ or so. I suspect that this makes Kickstarter advertisements less fruitful there because early adopters and Kickstarter-interested type people tend to be younger. I barely broke even on my cost there but I'm still glad I did it because there is no replacement for experiencing first hand the process of running ads on a given platform. If I had an off-the-shelf product on amazon or whatever maybe facebook would be more fruitful. Overall facebook was a negligible part of my support.

    Google ads are complicated - I could throw together a facebook ad pretty quickly and it was running. I did not realize Google has a slow ramp-up and learning phase (7 days), and because of this I probably missed out on a lot from this avenue, both in terms of marketing and learning experience. If I did it again I would pay attention to that sooner so that the ad campaign could gather steam earlier. Overall google was a negligible part of my support.

    Personal contacts are important - I did not expect such positive feedback from my personal contacts. I sent out an e-mail to a decent number of people, basically any professional or personal contact I could come up with who might have even a tiny interest in the project, either because of the technology (as they might have worked with similar things) or just because they know me and might be curious about what I'm up to. I also put one post on my personal facebook and on linkedin. I did not make any effort to build artificially add friends or contacts, generally I do nothing with those platforms and just have a modest number of contacts there. Still I was surprised at how much support and positive feedback I received, maybe 5% of the overall picture so far.

    What's left are not exactly lessons learned, but things I would contemplate for next time:

    I didn't put any significant effort into getting my product on any blogs or influencers or tech websites or whatever. ...maybe this was a mistake, but on the other hand it seems challenging to break into that stuff. Still, if I did it again I would probably try harder in that direction, maybe with an affiliate program of some sort.

    I'm glad I didn't do any cheesy paid services or cross-promotions - The spam rolls in quickly after the project goes live, people offering to cross-promote, or do paid marketing, or whatever. The cross-promotion thing just seems disingenuous to me, maybe it would have generated a tiny bit of revenue but I'd prefer to stay genuine with what my voice is and what I care about and promote. I also don't have any regret ignoring the spam offers for marketing, I think if I wanted to put more effort in that direction I would have personally tried to reach out to more online platforms.

    What do you think? Does your experience match mine? What do you think is right or wrong about my assessment of my experience? Is there something I should do in the coming last few days of my campaign?

    submitted by /u/BetterGeiger
    [link] [comments]

    Is Making Profits Outdated in Modern Startups?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2021 05:09 PM PST

    Sarcasm intended in title.

    If we look at the new world of IPO nowadays, every company seems to attract billions in valuation but making millions not in profit but in losses.

    -Deliveroo? Got extremely lucky in 2020 by surge of demand in food delivery and still made over £200m in losses. And never been profitable in its lifetime.

    -Casper Sleep? A lot of press hype, also never profitable.

    -Uber? Lyft?

    And don't even get me started with WeWork disaster.

    Profitable blockbuster IPOs like Transferwise, Bumble seem to be a rare breed.

    This horrific picture looks similar to the Dotcom bubble, I'm not the only one seeing this, right? Every company just sticks a "tech" sticker on their name and then valuation blows through the roof, even when the core operatio of that company has nothing to do with tech (WeWork and Casper).

    Now my question is, venture capitalists surely aren't stupid, they are all Ivy League materials. They have seen what happened in 2000, so why are they still injecting cash into these valuations as if they have no better use for their money?

    Are they trying to pump and dump? They get in early, then use press coverage to hype up the demand and then unload their shares onto retail investors?

    The argument seems to be that they are losing money now because they use it to buy market share but once they are a dominant force they can stop the cost of customer acquisitions and start making profits.

    Fine, 12 years of Uber's existence and it's still nowhere near being profitable, i can turn a blind eye on that and assume in some years time they can cut down on advertising and other customer acquisition spending. But how can their valuations be justified? I mean, $82 billion for a loss-making company???

    I hope someone with silicon valley knowledge can explain to me, greatly appreciated. Thank you

    submitted by /u/roaringmillennial
    [link] [comments]

    Business lessons schools don't teach you

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 11:45 AM PST

    Story 1: Shoe business

    Years ago, two sales staff were sent to Africa by a shoe manufacturer in the UK to investigate the market potential and report back.

    The first said: "The market has no potential – no one wears shoes."

    "The market has huge potential – nobody wears shoes," said the second.

    * Lessons learned: Each situation and case comes with both advantages and disadvantages. A good businessman is one who sees the advantages in the difficulties and knows how to take advantage of it.

    Story 2: The seller of roasted chicken

    The roast chicken seller had a great day at work. He proudly lifted the last chicken on the scale and turned back to the customer: "This one costs $6.35."

    "The price is reasonable, but this one is a bit small," replied the woman who bought it. "Don't you have a bigger one?"

    After thinking for a moment, the salesman quickly put the chicken back in the pantry, paused for a few seconds, and then took it out again.

    "This one is a little heavier. Price is $6.65," replied the chicken seller timidly.

    The woman pondered for a while and then made the final decision: "Oh, I've figured it out. I'll take both of them."

    => Lesson learned: Don't deceive customers, because you never know what awaits you ahead.

    Story 3: Buying dishes

    A couple was walking through the shops. The wife saw a high-class tableware and expressed her desire to buy it. The husband criticized the item as expensive, so he didn't want to spend the money. The salesman looked over and whispered a sentence to the husband. After listening, he no longer hesitated, immediately spent money to buy.

    Why did the husband change so quickly?

    Because the salesman said: "This tableware is so precious, your wife won't let you wash it".

    => Lesson learned: Customers' views are difficult to change, it is important to know how to take advantage of opportunities to change customer mindset.

    Story 4: The hawker of cow's milk

    A customer went to buy cow's milk one weekend morning.

    While walking, he met a street vendor selling cow's milk by the roadside, he approached and asked for the price. The street vendor replied: "1 bottle of $3 , 3 bottles of $10 ".

    Without saying anything, he took out $3 from his pocket to buy 1 bottle, then bought it 3 times. After buying, he was very pleased and laughed loudly and said to the hawker: "Do you see, I only paid $9 to buy 3 bottles of milk."

    The hawker didn't say anything, just smiled and thought to himself: "That's great! Since applying this pricing method, I have sold 3 bottles of milk in just a moment."

    => Lesson learned: To sell a lot of goods, you need to understand the psychology of customers, thereby creating a unique sales method.

    Story 5: The blind beggar

    Blind man sitting at a busy street corner during rush hour. Beside him was a cup of money and a cardboard with the words: "I am blind. Please help me".

    Passers-by are still rushing to move, no one gives money to the blind.

    A young advertising agent passed by and saw an elderly blind man with an empty cup. She also found that people were completely unresponsive to the presence of the blind, let alone stop giving money.

    The advertising agent took a pen from his pocket, turned the blind man's cardboard from front to back, wrote a few lines on it, and left. Immediately, people started dropping money into the cup. Soon the money was pouring out.

    At this time, the blind man turned to a stranger standing beside him to explain what was written on the cover.

    The stranger said: "The cover said 'Today is a beautiful day, you can see it, but I can't'."

    => Lesson learned: Sometimes just by choosing the appropriate advertising language, you can connect and change the behavior of customers.

    Courtesy: Grind Success

    submitted by /u/Awesome163
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a viable business one could own and operate without one bit of labor, perhaps hiring a team to do everything?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 01:02 PM PST

    I saw someone on here once saying they owned a technology business and even though they didn't know how to do web development, they outsourced every contract to someone overseas and made a bundle doing so. I got to thinking that maybe there's a non-tech business idea where something similar could happen. Perhaps hiring a cleaning crew at minimum wage and conceivably never lifting a finger as a business owner (other than bookkeeping).

    submitted by /u/NeonGreenMothership
    [link] [comments]

    How should I value my startup?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 01:53 PM PST

    Hey guys so I recently started my own company. It's called RealMe (https://realmeproperty.ca/) and we focus on making real estate investing more accessible to people by fractionalizing residential properties. The idea is to allow people to invest into a house the way they would invest into the stock market. So rather than owning an entire house you can own a fraction of specific properties.

    There probably isn't a definite way to calculate startup value but here is my most knowledgeable guess. I think the following is a fair way to calculate it but I would love to know everyone's thoughts and if they know a more accurate way.

    Pre Revenue (Source):

    • Return on Investment (ROI) = Terminal (or Harvest) Value ÷ Post-money Valuation
    • Post-money Valuation = Terminal Value ÷ Anticipated ROI

    Post Revenue (Source) Discounted Cash Flow :

    NPV= nt=1 CFt/(1+r)^t​

    CFt = cash flow for each period

    r = discount (interest) rate

    t = year

    N = total number of years

    Thanks once again for your help.

    submitted by /u/dryadnymph
    [link] [comments]

    How to move on from entrepreneur?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 07:16 AM PST

    I started a business at 15yo, going well by 18 - there's been ups and downs and it's certainly been a fight, but I think it could be considered successful. I'm 28yo now.

    The business is in tech, based in the UK. I've made money in the very low millions over the last 10+ years, it's enough to pay myself and some family over the years but it's limited and not super successful. The company has never needed more than two or three employees.

    I want to move on and work with a team of colleagues in another tech industry. I'm not sure if it's just for the work-life change, industry change (within tech) or is it because the success of the company feels limited, It's unlikely to scale up anymore but unlikely to stop as is. It hasn't needed my time day-to-day for a while.

    I've been finding it hard to find another job for about 4 years, although I've only been half looking really if I'm being really honest with myself.

    I don't know how much to sell myself, or what to specifically sell myself for.

    What role? I done so many, and been successful in some. At what salary? I've been offered both end of the spectrum. I got second line interviews for a £38k role and another borderline consultant role at £130k but got neither of them in the end.

    How honest should I be? When I've talked about my genuine experiences I think it oversells me, I've been told it's too good to be true that I'm applying for XYZ role or they couldn't afford me or I'm not specific enough in any one role - other than generalist CEO by recruiters - but when I have applied for such top level roles briefly, my CV gets put through but the competition have much better company names on their history, although similar skills. I've gone for lower roles simply because I'm new to this I have little history outside my own business or consulting, and I'm not super bothered about the salary necessarily as long as it's fair for the role.

    I've tried being less honest by not mentioning I founded the company and shown a realistic breakdown of the roles I've done within, showing career progression within the company. This is got me the furthest, one company found out, others just didn't work out.

    The companies I've applied to so far tend not to go anywhere for an actual full-time job, but some have resulted in consultancy instead. This is what I've been doing most recently, but it doesn't give me the day-to-day team that I want.

    How honest should I be? Should I be fully honest but much more humble about my experience? I'm also not sure if I should be going into programming/software engineering (maybe senior level?) or into management, I considered Product Management and Business Finance also, assuming c-suite is out of reach due to my history.

    Edit: second attempt at posting, first time was auto deleted due to throw away karma. If theres a better subreddit it for this let me know!

    submitted by /u/throwaway-moving-on
    [link] [comments]

    As a 17 years old, how can I start?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2021 11:28 PM PST

    Hello entrepreneurs,

    As a 17 years old guy I was always interested in the world of entrepreneurship, looking for opportunities to make money and hopefully give my parents a comfortable life once they retire

    I'm currently in my senior year so i have a strict schedule due to studying but if I could learn some habits that entrepreneurs follow it would hopefully make my journey easier

    I'm currently trying to develop my communication skills, i can comfortably hold any conversation with an adult no problem

    I listen to podcasts everyday to better myself

    What are some other stuff you wished you have done earlier?

    Tips/advices are highly appreciated

    submitted by /u/Euphoric_Clock2366
    [link] [comments]

    Too Late to Start Dropshipping?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 11:24 AM PST

    I'm trying to figure out if it's too late to start drop shipping. It seems like a lot of people are doing it (unless my social media only shows me drop shipping now).

    I've been buying (mostly locally) and reselling on eBay or locally for profit for a few years now but I want to up my game a little bit and take that time I'm spending (finding products and such) out of the equation.

    submitted by /u/Expert_Candidate_903
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone with Shopify dropshipping experience willing to answer a few questions? Looking to get a product to market ASAP

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 12:59 PM PST

    As stated in title. Willing to pay for your time. Prefer to chat today if possible.

    submitted by /u/psnf
    [link] [comments]

    How should I get readers for my Email Newsletter

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 12:58 PM PST

    I'm in the process of starting a newsletter that sums up economic events into a 3-minute digestible read (for anyone interested you can sign up here:https://mailchi.mp/c64c6c7ba447/moneyshift). How can I grow an audience without spending on fb and google ads just yet? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/fundful
    [link] [comments]

    How to save for retirement as an entrepreneur?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 06:57 AM PST

    Sorry if this is an ignorant question.. I was wondering if there is a preferred method you guys and gals use to save for retirement? Should I open a 401k myself with Vanguard or something? Would it be beneficial to use a financial investor to manage my retirement funds? Non-entrepreneurs typically have the benefit of company matching contributions up to a certain percent... If I open a 401k myself with Vanguard or whatever, is there a particular plan type that I should look for?

    submitted by /u/DJScrotum
    [link] [comments]

    What's the better domain for my clothing brand store?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 12:39 PM PST

    . Com is sadly taken but not used apparently so should i go with (name)apparel.com or (slightly changed name).co? What's your opinion and why? Also any ideas or feedback is much appreciated

    submitted by /u/LefterisTz_
    [link] [comments]

    I want to make a company like hard jewelry

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 12:31 PM PST

    I recently bought all the materials I need to start learning how to make silvery jewelry myself. I have a plan once I get skilled enough to start using printers and furnaces instead of my hands. I'm assuming for 2022 my investment will be about $3000 total. I'm guessing it'll take me about a year to get skilled enough to make my own designs

    My only anxiety is that hard jewelry is too popular for my company to ever get any attention or recognition. I'm scared I'll never make any profit because they'll just outperform me. Is it even worth it to pursue?

    Here's their Instagram:

    https://instagram.com/hard_jewelry?utm_medium=copy_link

    submitted by /u/Alexle0
    [link] [comments]

    Today is a GREAT day to send an email/text to your clients!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 11:27 AM PST

    NEW YEAR, NEW YOU!

    Today is a GREAT day to boost your last-minute sales by using the "FRESH START EFFECT"

    Researchers have found that we tend to motivate ourselves into good habits by using a new week, month, year or national holiday marker to put past behavior behind us and focus on being better.

    Angles:

    • Buy my course & use it for entire 365 days to improve yourself.
    • You have 365 days to lose weight after you by me ebook
    • It's a FRESH NEW YEAR! - New YOU is waiting!

    Does this actually work? Yes.

    submitted by /u/satish_gaire
    [link] [comments]

    Where to start learning digital marketing?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2021 09:34 PM PST

    Me and my brother are in the process of starting a webshop. My job is marketing. Are there any good guides on the internet/books that you can recommend for a complete beginner? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/vicke1230
    [link] [comments]

    Struggling to see the most clear way to be my own boss (2 working software products)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 08:30 AM PST

    Hi All, I am at a major crossroads and need opinions. I tried to be as brief as I can, but it's still a fairly long question.

    I am a product manager with a background in E-Learning and UX. (I do everything except code which I have freelancers for)

    Here's what I have right now

    1. A b2c quiz app (ios, android + a creator on web app) with very sophisticated features which makes no money and has a handful of users (but we never did serious marketing)
    2. A b2b exam app (ios, android and web) for which I only have 1 paying customer (but I would need about 50 to live off it)
    3. A b2c habit tracker app I am working on but nothing is live yet. Was supposed to be a tiny project for 2-3 weeks but now has been dragging on since July..
    4. I also have a history facts website with a 80k large facebook community. It doesn't take up more than 1hr per week but I guess I should mention it.

    I do this all on the side now. I am still not 100% energywise since a burnout in early 2020 I got after trying to do everything at once because my former partner was all talk and no action. Now I work 3.5 days a week in a well paying job I absolutely hate. Also, I am going to be a first time dad in Aug 2022 when I'll be 44. Yes, I am old. :-)

    I feel like I have 8 months until my window is up to make something happen. After that I'll be in Baby mode for several years.

    My dream is to be my own boss and make enough to feed my future family.

    Where would you go from here?

    I guess the obvious choice is to forget about products 1, 3 and 4 and focus completely on getting customers for product 2 (b2b exam software)? The problem there is that I have no sales or marketing experience. However, I can design and create a working mobile app or web app, lead a team of devs quite quickly and efficiently.

    I worked full time 1.5 years on product 1 and it feels like a colossal waste of time and money invested to throw away such a complex working product. But that's probably the price I have to pay now, right?

    Feel free to be as blunt as you can. Maybe I just need to hear it from several others. I can take the criticism as long as it helps me to see what I need to do.

    Thanks for any constructive advice

    submitted by /u/Nervous_Brilliant441
    [link] [comments]

    Best Way To Set Up A Subscription Based Delivery Service for Hummus Company?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 08:30 AM PST

    Hi all,

    Long time lurker here and loving this sub!

    I have a hummus company that is doing very well locally. After 1 year I finally found my own location and want to start growing my clientele.

    I'm located in Savannah, which has quite a lot of gated communities, mainly for retirees. They usually don't leave the community and if so, not very far.

    I wanted to start a delivery service, kinda like Hello Fresh, where they would pay weekly/monthly subscription and receive a hummus box with different flavors, maybe some fun add ons, etc.

    I'm wondering if anyone have any experience with that, and can give me some pointers.

    Mainly I'm wondering about the following:

    1. Is there an easy platform where they can input what they want in the box every week? Say $15/w gives them 2 hummus containers, and they need to choose which ones 2 days before the delivery date. Or if they want to add additional products, say I'm collaborating with local producers and my customers would want to add that to their bag, is there something automated like that that I can use?

    2. Right now I'm pitching it to one gated community, but it's still pretty big (8,000 residents). Is there a website that can do route planning automatically? Say I put all the delivery addresses in and it can just give me the best way to deliver?

    Thanks for reading all the way through!

    submitted by /u/iamapianist
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment