• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 31, 2021

    Accounting In honor of the last post, my shitty attempt at the scariest shirt I could make

    Accounting In honor of the last post, my shitty attempt at the scariest shirt I could make


    In honor of the last post, my shitty attempt at the scariest shirt I could make

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 04:54 PM PDT

    What are the current guidelines for my sons Halloween Candy tax?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 12:09 PM PDT

    Should I take 30% of the volume of candy he will generate or should I allow him itemizations for being a good boy these past few months?

    submitted by /u/PunMuffin909
    [link] [comments]

    Hello friends!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 08:52 AM PDT

    Just a simple man making his way through Excel

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 03:53 PM PDT

    All the time.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 06:29 PM PDT

    Chances of getting offer rescinded from Big 4?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 07:29 PM PDT

    A classmate is freaking out about possibly getting his offer from Deloitte rescinded because he's likely going to fail a class in the last semester of our Master's program. I don't really know where else to ask this question and wasn't finding too many answers on the topic besides needing to meet the offer let cut off. The problem is he doesn't know what the cut off is and a GPA requirement wasn't mentioned anywhere.
    He had a 3.4 GPA when applying/when they made the offer for a Tax Associate I (he has a tax internship + working as a TA + working on the CPA exams + finishing his master's right now). However, he's expecting to finish with exactly a 3.0 or 3.045 (some number that doesn't round to 3.1).

    Will he get his offer rescinded if it becomes a 3.0? He's working crazy hours right now, about 70 I think, plus he's taking 12 credit hours, and studying for the CPA so it's understandable that his GPA might tank at the end imo.

    submitted by /u/Objective_Tomorrow77
    [link] [comments]

    Happy Halloween nerds! Total revenue minus total expenses! I got all the groans at work on Friday as the Net Prophet!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    How would you account for the Roblox $1M free burrito giveaway?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 06:00 AM PDT

    "$1 Million in Free Burritos From October 28 through October 31, beginning at 3:30 pm PT / 6:30 pm ET each day, the first 30,000 Roblox users who visit the cashier in the virtual Chipotle restaurant in costume each day will receive a free burrito code for use on orders placed via Chipotle.com or the Chipotle app at participating Chipotle restaurants in the United States. Limit one free burrito per player."

    Presentation

    Marketing expense or reduction to revenue?

    Recognition

    • Should accrual have been booked when they originally committed to the plan or not until the burrito code are actually obtained? Or book no accrual and only recognize the burrito vouchers when actually used by the customers?

    • When is the debit to the P&L?: Immediately in the period the promotion was conceived, when the burrito voucher is earned, or when the burrito voucher used?

    Measurement

    Do you estimate the amount of burrito vouchers that will go unused and reduce the amount you record?

    submitted by /u/RHJfRnJhc2llckNyYW5l
    [link] [comments]

    For the REMOTE workers - can you really work from anywhere?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 08:02 AM PDT

    What is your company's policy for remote work? Can you work from anywhere or do you have to work from your official home address?

    I've heard of a 90 day work from anywhere, in the world, options. Meaning you can spend 90 days/year working remotely from anywhere in the world. Is this common practice for remote workers?

    American perspective

    submitted by /u/bobrossproballer
    [link] [comments]

    Where do the top candidates go after college?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 08:01 PM PDT

    I've seen the memes of big 4 taking anyone good looking and with a pulse lol. But where do the 4.0 students from a top 10 college go to with their accounting degree??

    Do they go big 4 too?

    submitted by /u/yungdumcollegebum
    [link] [comments]

    What makes accounting a stable/secure job or career?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 02:04 PM PDT

    Can anyone tell me why/what makes accounting a stable and more secure job or career to follow? Do recessions not hit accounting/accountants a lot?

    submitted by /u/GrandKnightMaster
    [link] [comments]

    This is how you secure a full time offer.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 10:05 PM PDT

    Should I share something from personal life that is largely impacting my mentality?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 01:17 PM PDT

    To sum up, I have an intense stalker. Police reports have been filed, working on order of protection, will be without vehicle for awhile, may end up moving depending on how all plays out. Seems like every aspect of my life is being impacted. Guess I feel like my mental capacity is being maxed out.

    I feel like I need time off to figure things out but not sure how I even could with as much as I have to do. Maybe take some half days this week. Feel like it wouldn't be approved anyway. I've just never been in a situation like this and it is making me feel so trashy. Been with the B4 firm a few months and don't want it to define who I am. Never had issue of personal life impacting work in prior jobs.

    Would it be appropriate to reach out to career coach or HR and share this? Worried it's going to make my work quality slip while I'm dealing with everything and may need to be away some during several days to take care of things.

    submitted by /u/Super_Breakfast_3014
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody leave a job after a few months

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 10:31 AM PDT

    Left a State Audit job after 2 years due to frequent travel. Took a new position with a local firm that's been around a century doing audits and helping with tax. Long story short, I was lied to about remote work and 40 hour weeks outside of tax season. I almost turned the offer down due to uncertainty about both, so the partners understood my requirements. I've been here a month, and my mind has already left the building. Has anybody left after a job after only a few months? Any tips on how to explain it in new interviews? I'm trying to make it 6 months doing the bare minimum, but I don't know if I can last that long. My old job will take me back, but I don't want to travel again.

    submitted by /u/TheTrashAccountant
    [link] [comments]

    Final ACA exams tomorrow!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 11:02 AM PDT

    Alright boys and girls this is it! Final 3 exams Monday Tuesday and Wednesday then fingers crossed I'm qualified!

    submitted by /u/Lovinghandhold
    [link] [comments]

    I’m at my wits end with this homework. I understand that students shouldn’t come here to bum for answers, but I just want to know what I’m doing wrong.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 06:33 PM PDT

    Edit 2: Turns out the program was marking me wrong and right at the same time. It was telling me I was wrong because I didn't have "Paid Dividends" towards the bottom (I guess it's normal to have them last). It was the correct figure though and I got full credit. Thanks for the help in my mental breakdown!

    I've been stuck on this one problem for over a week. I've messaged my Professor several times and she's trying to help me. I've don't what she's asked but the answer keeps getting marked wrong on the program.

    I'm supposed to find paid dividends. I know the Year 2 Retained Earnings = $360,200 and the Year 1 Retained Earnings = $290,800. The net income = $122,000. Since retained earnings was only effected by the net income and dividends, would I just subtract the difference from net income? I keep getting (52,700). Can someone just explain to me why I'm wrong!?

    EDIT: I'm an idiot and wrote $122,000, but it's $122,100. Sorry!

    submitted by /u/TheComplayner
    [link] [comments]

    Am I making a mistake choosing this major?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 03:38 PM PDT

    Im 28. I've done manual labor (military) and I absolutely hate it. Im going back to school and was considering an MIS degree but I don't really care for the subject. Prepping for that major I've found that I'm pretty good at accounting and though I don't love it, I also don't hate it. It sounds like a stable career with numerous opportunities and the pays decent. An accounting degree also seems to be a valuable asset, even if you dontstay in the accounting profession. That said, I'm considering switching my major to accounting.

    Is this going to be a mistake? I'd love to find something I'm passionate about but I just can't find that anywhere and I feel time is running out. To me it seems like the next safest bet is to find something you're good at and just tolerate it until retirement. Is it a poor choice to choose this career simply because you're good at it and it pays well?

    submitted by /u/disgoesintrash
    [link] [comments]

    EY Corporate Card

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 05:43 PM PDT

    I am currently an auditor at a mid-tier firm and will be moving to EY to work in their forensic practice. I currently have an expensive travel card (chase sapphire reserve), since my firm does not provide a corporate card. Does EY require employees to use their corporate card for all expenses? Do individuals employees get any credit card points? Can someone give me a brief description on how the EY corporate card works and how everyone uses it? I want to cancel my card this month before my next annual fee is charged. Thank in advance!

    submitted by /u/concentrated-water
    [link] [comments]

    Leases...

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 09:28 PM PDT

    I am...I am studying this now...i...have no...idea what I'm doing...does it get better? Up to this point I have been doing great. Scoring 95+ on everything. Currently a year away from bachelor's..then here comes leases and wham.

    submitted by /u/Effective-Video3408
    [link] [comments]

    Complete Financial Careers List. Are we missing Anything?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 05:36 AM PDT

    PwC or Deloitte for Audit in SF

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 10:18 AM PDT

    Deloitte seemed pretty cold and corporate but will pay me a little more. PwC seemed okay and seems to offer a bit more flexibility. I'm pretty confused so any advice/insights would be great.

    submitted by /u/libsmad1331
    [link] [comments]

    Meeting with a employee of a local firm I interviewed with, what does this mean?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 08:38 PM PDT

    I met with a local Accounting firm a month back and I have been following up and last week the manager asked me to come back in again this Tuesday and I will be meeting with a fellow employee as well. What kind of meeting will this be do you think? I just never had a time where I met with a fellow employee rather than manager for a second interview. Note, this is my first interview process for a job for my degree.

    submitted by /u/BlackOrchidFan
    [link] [comments]

    Fellow accountants, what strategies do you use to keep up with your emails at work?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 08:17 PM PDT

    Have an offer from BKD and CBIZ. Which firm is better holding all else equal. Any input would be super helpful. Thanks!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 08:16 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment