• Breaking News

    Friday, September 10, 2021

    Legal Advice My niece is being abused by my sister.

    Legal Advice My niece is being abused by my sister.


    My niece is being abused by my sister.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 03:52 AM PDT

    My sister has lately been mad and irritable lately so whenever my niece makes a little mistake like forgetting to put away the dishes she beats her. She has marks all over her arms, and legs. I was wondering how I can go about this, at this point I do want to call child protection because me and others have tried to talk to my sister.

    Please answer: Could I lie and say I live in there apartment building and heard crying/screaming, or would they check to make sure I live there because I don't. What will they ask when I call. Can I stay anonymous? Do I have to say I'm her aunt?

    State: Minnesota

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/skrtskrt1221
    [link] [comments]

    Threatened by HOA for a private home sale.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 04:18 AM PDT

    This happened in Florida. My brother sold his rental home in May of this year (in a very desirable neighborhood) privately to a family without listing it on MLS or a agent. He was contacted by the family through a work colleague of his. Yesterday the HOA sent him a letter stating that they are going to sue him because he didn't list the home on MLS and that private sales outside of family is against HOS rules (they have one sentence about laws of home sales but nothing really about private sales, just to inform the HOA of the sale, which he did).

    We both think the someone in the HOA is upset that he sold the home to immigrants and they are trying to find a way to kick them out, as this neighborhood is 99% older white folks.

    So can a HOA forbid a private sale of home?

    More background:

    So my brother inherited a home outside of Orlando FL from his Father in law (free and clear) in late 2019. This home is in a older white middle class neighborhood (3 bed 1 bath). He rented the house out to a family friend while their home was getting rebuilt so when they left in January of 2021 my brother didn't know if he wanted to rent or sale. But the issue was the homes interior was very out of date (looked like it was from the early 80s). So him and I started to remodel the home to rent or sale.

    So come April we had to stop the remodel because of shortages and money was getting tight, but his co worker told him that his uncle from Iraq was looking for a home and had some cash, but was getting out bid. So my brother told him to get a appraisal and since it was a cash deal he will cut him a break of $5k off the appraisal. Which the home was appraised at $170k and he sold it to him for $165k as is. In June

    Now the HOA isn't all that active and you basically pay them to upkeep the pool and club house. They have a CCR but many don't follow it (big one no renters, but 6 homes are). Also on the sale of homes it doesn't say anything about private sales, just that the agents must be license in the state and follow all laws. Which taking to his sister in law, their been a few private sales over the years.

    What started this is when the new owners went to pay their dues (due on October 1st) and get the cards to access the pool (changes every year). The lady apparently denied them and threw a fit (a typical boomer Karen type). And we both think it was her that sent the letter herself.

    submitted by /u/Snoo-1331
    [link] [comments]

    Can I take civil action against three big YouTubers who stole my content from Reddit and profited from said content?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 03:48 PM PDT

    I write fictional stories for r/nosleep.

    Three different YouTubers, all with a huge following, used one of my stories (one animated it, one read it, and another reacted to the animated video) and as a result gained millions of views (each video has more than 1.5 million views with one of them approaching 3 million), thousands of subscribers, and, as ads were enabled, a considerable amount of money.

    All without permission.

    I emailed two of them, and the other I couldn't find contact info for. I've received zero responses and now I'm here wondering whether I can take legal action for the fact that people stole my content and made a lot of money off of it, while I, the original creator, am left ignored and with nothing.

    It's offensive, to say the least...

    I live in California if that's relevant. Thank you all in advance.

    submitted by /u/HorrorMode
    [link] [comments]

    Work refusing my doctor’s accommodations, asking me to convince my doctor to modify them

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 06:49 AM PDT

    I am working for a mid-sized company with over 100 employees in Ohio, USA. Recently, I've have had a health condition start to relapse due to the conditions of my job, which require long stretches of time without food, water, bathroom breaks (due to a high degree of PPE in addition to just the way the processes are led). I was initially encouraged by HR after discussing my issues to go to my doctor to get accommodations, to which they were very concerned and wrote a letter just stating that I need to have lunch (30 minutes) between 12 and 1pm as a requirement.

    I received a follow up from HR saying these requests could not be met, with the modification that they could accommodate a guaranteed lunch (or, in fact, a break at all) between 11 and 2 pm, no exceptions. However, they also told me that I need to personally go to my doctor and explain that these accommodations are all I need and get a new letter, since the accommodations as they stand aren't possible. However, this accommodations that they are telling me to request instead don't actually meet my medical requirements at all. I even brought up the cases of people who are diabetic, have timed medications, and other conditions and that legally they wouldn't be able to discriminate against those conditions and I wouldn't be the first person to have a health concern and they told me "they're working on it but our company cannot accommodate any of that at this time." I was even asked if I explained to my doctor how hard it would be for the company/team to have the accommodations I received met, which... I mean, my health doesn't change and problems don't disappear depending upon how my company operates, so I don't understand how I would do that. I can't alter what I'm prescribed because it's inconvenient, it's not like I'm happy with having my health concerns either or that they don't inconvenience me.

    Anyway, is what they asked for legal? It just generally gave me a bad feeling, and I don't feel comfortable going to my doctor and telling them to write a note for accommodations that I genuinely don't think I can medically handle. At that point they seem pointless, because some days that could mean 6.5 hours without food or water and that's definitely not compatible with what I'm dealing with. Advice?

    submitted by /u/Slight_Addition1214
    [link] [comments]

    (FL) Car rental company claiming windshield damage. Refusing to provide proof. Now threatening collections and suspension of driver's license for up to 3 years.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 04:06 AM PDT

    Rented a car in CO, May 2021. There was a small mark when returned but even the person checking couldn't tell if it was a scrap or mud smear (took pictures but it was so small it doesn't even really show up). I refused to sign admitting there was damage and was told not to worry about it and they returned my deposit. In July I get a letter stating they had to replace the windshield because of the damage. Requested documentation from SafeLite stating where the damage was and degree of damage. Only provided receipt that it was repaired two days after return. Company is now charging $721 for window and admin fees. I know get an email stating that if I don't pay within 3 days then it goes to collections and I am placed on "do not rent" list. In addition, they state "per your state's Financial Responsibility Law they will suspend my personal driver's license and/or personal vehicle tags for up to 3 years or until your debt is settled". Are my options just to pay? Is this legal? Thanks in advance for any info

    submitted by /u/contenttob
    [link] [comments]

    My naked neighbor broke into my house and i dont know what to do.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 08:53 AM PDT

    I (26f) woke up this morning to my neighbor, naked and standing with my blanket in the bedroom doorway. She was clearly on drugs and asked me who I was. I yelled, "who the f are you?" I told her to get out of my house and she started to back away and then stepped back into my room and ran and got onto my bed. I screamed at her to get out and spent about 5 minutes making her get out of my house. She ended up taking a towel or blanket off my floor and after pointing her in the right direction, multiple times, she finally left.

    Now I have no idea what to do. I am not sure if i should call the police or not. Somehow my outside cameras didnt capture her getting in. They are motion sensor ones and I think she honestly moved too fast for them to even register that she was there. I dont really have anything to prove that she was in my house other than my word and the blanket she moved to my bedroom.

    So my question is, what do I do? There are children in this neighborhood and I don't want her to go into any of their houses.

    submitted by /u/itstimetobeatbpd
    [link] [comments]

    [MI] - Hospital lost dentures during surgery - 8 weeks to replace - No responsibility taken

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 08:15 AM PDT

    My mother called me today and told me that the hospital lost her dentures during surgery. I want to see what type of compensation or other recourse we have, maybe even filing some sort of complaint with a medial board or something.

    The earliest the dentist can replace them is about 8 weeks, and the hospital is being dodgy about taking responsibility or doing anything except apologizing. My mother lives on SSI disability and doesn't really have tons of money to hire a lawyer, but *maybe* could if that was the only recourse. We are really hoping they will pay for the replacements at the minimum.

    As part of the recovery she has chewable pills that she can not chew, she has to suck on them which causes the bad taste to remain in her mouth for minutes causing her to get sick. Likely nothing we can do about that, just want to paint a picture on how bad of a situation they left her in.

    She is also going on vacation in a few weeks, and unless the hospital finds them, it's going to be a crappy vacation.

    submitted by /u/McogoS
    [link] [comments]

    [California] I fell out of a spaceship at work, resulting in a concussion, broken elbow, and multiple broken ribs. Workers comp no longer wants to pay me because I was an intern. Am I entitled to money **after** my scheduled end date at the company?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 09:25 AM PDT

    I was seriously injured at work during my internship at an aerospace company. I missed the last 2 weeks of work, effectively ending my internship. During those two weeks, workers comp paid me 2/3 my wages. After my planned end date, my case worker was unsure what to do, but told me they were going to move me down to the state minimum payment (about $200/wk). My case manager has recently changed, and the new manager wants to pay me nothing, since I would not have been working anymore anyway.

    It has been 6 weeks, and I am still not cleared to return to work by my doctor.

    My question is, what am I legally entitled to after my scheduled end date with the company? 2/3 my wages, state minimum, or nothing?

    submitted by /u/feelin_raudi
    [link] [comments]

    An unlicensed nail technician charged me $250 for a nail course, then never showed up

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 11:54 AM PDT

    Good afternoon!

    I recently signed up for a nail course. This happens to be in New York City by the way.

    The technician charged me $250 for a deposit, I sent it, and we agreed upon September 5th as the class date. I set the date with her for the 5th on August 18th, about 3 weeks in advance. I let her know I was extremely busy and work full time.

    On August 24th, she texts me asking if I have availability on August 29th as she has an opening. I say no, as I worked.

    Day of the appointment, I text her 3 hours before to confirm. No response, her text doesn't even go to delivered. I send her an Instagram DM, same thing. No response. She never called me in advance to let me know she wasn't making it. I get to the salon and she simply isn't there, nobody is.

    She messages me the next day stating her phone broke. I say "okay, I get it, I'm very busy and I work full time/go to school so I don't know if I can reschedule but I'll try to find a date". She doesn't answer. A few days later I realize my schedule is too packed and ask her for my deposit back as she was a no call/no show. She refuses to give me my deposit as according to her, she already purchased the nail materials and she "explained the situation" (which she did a day later with no prior contact, and she didn't show up).

    After all this, I end up finding out that she is not licensed by the state to teach courses or even do nails to begin with. She works at a salon with many other unlicensed hair stylists and nail technicians.

    How can I get my money back? Can I take any action against the salon or her? She simply will not answer me at this point.

    submitted by /u/Accomplished_Egg160
    [link] [comments]

    What are my options 5 years after the fact?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 12:20 PM PDT

    Thanks for nothing POS subreddit! Don't come here for real advice! Consult with an attorney!

    submitted by /u/5yrslater
    [link] [comments]

    trying to call to get a public defender and the phone just keeps ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 10:23 AM PDT

    went to the commissioners office in my city and they approved me to get a public defender and gave me a phone number to call. i call that phone number and they said my case is in another city so call this other number instead. i call that number and their automated system says to call another number. finally i call that number and it seems to be the right one as their automated message system says to press an extension to apply for a public defender and they will transfer me over. so i do, and the voice says i'm being transferred over except it just keeps ringing and ringing....and ringing. i waited a half an hour until eventually i just hung up. this is my first time dealing with all this. should i just wait longer while it rings and it will eventually connect me? or is there something else i should do?

    my city is glen burnie, maryland but my court date for the preliminary hearing is in annapolis, maryland in case that affects anything.

    submitted by /u/sp00kysabrina
    [link] [comments]

    [WA] I quit my job 6 months ago and my employer said I'm still employed so I haven't been able to collect a PENNY of unemployment.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 01:26 PM PDT

    I quit my job 6 months ago due to the extreme harassment and abuse I experienced from my coworker and employer.

    The EEOC is currently investigating on my behalf and I am going to try and shoot for sueing (I developed SEVERE PTSD, to the point I cant even leave my house alone without being heavily drugged on my anxiety medication. July 2020, before I worked at that abusive hellhole, I was diagnosed with ptsd at a level of 68/85. This was due to some childhood trauma, so not similar to what I experienced at my previous workplace. May 2021, after I experienced the abuse, I was reevaluated and diagnosed at a level of 83/85.)

    So for the past 6 months I was trying to apply for unemployment, as it is physically and mentally impossible for me to work (I tried to find a new job, quit within the first 2 weeks due to severe panic attacks and hyperventilation attacks and constantly being on guard and in constant fear).

    I got a call from unemployment a few weeks back saying I couldn't collect any unemployment from the past 6 months since my employers say I'm still employed and perfectly fine to come back to work (I haven't been contacted by anyone at my previous workplace, and, again, I quit. 6 months ago.)

    I'm currently living penny to penny, owe hundreds in medical bills related to the previous employer (therapy, medication, psych evaluations). I'm thankfully able to get rental assistance for a few months, but otherwise, I'm living on absolute scraps.

    Still planning on suing my previous employment (EEOC is leaning in my favor and I have a nice amount of evidence, including audio and emails), but how can I fix the unemployment issue? I'm wanting to try and get some back pay so I can pay off my medical bills that are almost headed to collections.

    Thank god for cheap fast food/gas station food, but it's very unhealthy and making me sick.

    Please help, y'all. I'm really struggling. My previous employer screwed me over.

    submitted by /u/HarassedAndExhausted
    [link] [comments]

    Employer hasn’t paid me for 2 pay periods

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 07:35 AM PDT

    Three weeks ago, I added my banking information so I can get paid through direct deposit. However there was an error in the system resulting in my account number missing a number(the one at the beginning). Two pay checks have been deposited into that account. Last week, I brought this up with my manager and supervisor. Although they promised to fix this and have a manual check ready for one of those missing pay periods, I still haven't received my money. I've only received one direct deposit into my account for this pay period(I get paid weekly). I have no idea what to do. Any advice? Edit: I'm from California

    submitted by /u/Throwaway162448
    [link] [comments]

    [FL]The mechanic shop my partner works at new management is forcing them commit fraud, how do we protect ourselves?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 11:41 AM PDT

    The old manager was replaced with some one who doesn't know really anything about how to run a mechanic shop and is forcing people to cut corners to save cost.

    • Putting on the wrong tires for the cars
    • not replacing defective parts to save cost
    • hiding defectives in brakes to allow them to leave the shop

    We can't afford to quit and my partner is afraid that he can loose everything he has been certified to work on if this gets out. How do we protect ourselves?

    Want to add these cars are being sold as used cars at a used car dealership.

    submitted by /u/VidereNF
    [link] [comments]

    BC, Canada - What can I do if someone I met online as a teen is using underage photos of me for revenge, harassment and stalking 10+ years later?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 08:05 AM PDT

    I met this individual online in 2009 and we talked through Nexopia, Facebook and MSN (unfortunately I don't have any of those records anymore) for a matter of maybe a couple months. I unfortunately sent him explicit photos of myself during this period. At the time, when I decided I no longer wanted to talk to him anymore, he sent my photos to a Facebook friend of mine (As far as I know it was just that one individual). Following that, I blocked him on Facebook and deleted my other accounts. He is still currently blocked on Facebook.

    Fast forward to 2016, I started receiving anonymous phone calls at all hours of the day/night, multiple (sometimes 15-30) times per month, which still continues to this day, in 2021. When I would initially answer some of the calls between 2016-2018, he would say to me "bigvanilli I love you, I want to be with you", etc. For context, I own a small business so I generally try to answer all phone calls. When I would answer his calls, it sounded as though he was possibly calling me through Skype, WhatsApp or VoIP. The last time I answered his call in 2018, I said "sorry you have the wrong number, this isn't bigvanilli" to which he responded "oh, this isn't [bigvanilli's business name]?". I initially thought that it was someone I did not know trying to harass me, as I am a young female who is known in our area for my business.

    In 2019, I purchased a different phone number for my business, and the phone calls now happen on both my personal number and new business number. Again, I don't answer these anymore.

    Moving on to summer of 2021, I notice in my booking system for my business, the name of this individual who I conversed with in 2009. He has gone on my website and signed up for my email subscriptions, which then created a file for him in my system. It was then that I realized that most likely the phone calls have been coming from him, but again not 100% sure as the phone calls I receive are all anonymous.

    However, this week I received a message through my business page on Facebook (which is considered a separate entity from myself), a message from who I believe is this individual again (either they deactivated their profile after sending the message, or I can't see their profile because this individual is blocked on my personal account and my business and personal account are linked as I can't see their page and it just says "Facebook user" as their name), stating that they still jerk off to my photos but they will never spread them around and that they are for their own personal use only, followed by a ":)". This was followed up 12 hours later by another message asking me to "call [them] a pervert just once:)". I have not responded to either of these messages.

    I do intend on filing a police report as I have his name and email address. However, I am currently in the process of trying to obtain a job in law enforcement myself and I am concerned this could affect that process under the circumstance that I sent explicit pictures to someone as a minor 12 years ago.

    Edit: word

    submitted by /u/bigvanilli
    [link] [comments]

    A dealership basically scammed me. What should I do?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 08:05 PM PDT

    So I went in a dealership about a month and a half ago in Vegas and tried to get my first car. I'm 19 and I have better than average credit, I also gave $3,100 down on a car. They said the bank was going to approve me and told me I can take the car home and IT'S MINE. The car sales team also knew I was moving to Texas in about a month but said it was okay to take the car because our deal went through. They said when the bank calls they're just going to ask me how much I gave down on the car and what my monthly payments were going to be. The bank calls me a few days later and absolutely grinds me with questions I was not expecting. They asked why I work in Texas but have residency in both Texas and Vegas. I responded with, "I work in Texas and have been living in Vegas for school and my Parents. But I will be moving to Texas for next Semester and to make work travel easier." The dealership said I was not approved because I said I was moving out of state. They then said if I give them an extra $1,500 they'd guarantee this issue would go away. They told me I was fine to move to Texas after I wrote them the check...

    Today they called me and said they want the car back, and want me to drive it back from Texas to Vegas. They also said since I've had it for a month they will give me back my down payment but will charge another $1000 for using the car this month. Is there any legal action I can take? If so, would it be worth it?

    submitted by /u/Alkalinexx
    [link] [comments]

    Police officer took phone and deleted video when recording interaction. (California)

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 10:16 PM PDT

    This happened to my mother. My mom got her car hit and the driver tried to pay off my mom with cash. The highway officers that came to the city socialized happily with the woman driver and made my mom uncomfortable acting like it was her fault. She started recording the interaction and the officer brusquely took her phone and deleted the video and told her to sit in his police car.

    The insurance company also decided that it was the other driver's fault and brushed off the behavior as the officers being "low class."

    Would a letter of complaint make any difference? Is there any course of action to take?

    submitted by /u/dewystrawbub
    [link] [comments]

    [Texas] AC was out for 19 days, landlord gave us one window unit for a 2 story, 4x2, so we bought another one out of pocket.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 11:24 AM PDT

    Today, they entered the duplex without anyone answering the door (I'm at work and my brother was taking a shit), and stole our window unit and left theirs. Can they legally enter my house if they're not let in (it was a maintenance guy, not the owner).

    submitted by /u/peytondp3
    [link] [comments]

    Boss Tells Me Unemployment Is NOT An Option.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 08:31 AM PDT

    In Florida for reference. I've been employed by a smaller privately owned restaurant since December 2019. Got sick August 18th and took an at home Covid test that came back positive. Took another August 23rd with an even more obvious positive. Sent photos both times. I had a telehealth visit with my doctor and she prescribed me some meds to help me get through and suggested I get the regeneron injections, which I did. Started to recover and told my manager I was ready to return by September 9th.

    I was told that sales decreased 40% and that I would be on call for a couple of weeks. Aka, I'm not working since we have so few employees and everyone is always trying to work. My manager works regular shifts with us and has a vacation coming up so he's not surrendering his good shifts I'm sure.

    I sent him a text today to ask when I'd be put back on and if I'm not I'm going to have to figure out unemployment for the time being. He told me that unemployment is not an option and that tons of places are hiring and he understands if I need to find a job elsewhere. I have a toddler and will be job hunting, but the money I made here was the best I ever have and everything I've come across would barely cover childcare to make it worth it, but I'm working on it.

    He then turned around to tell me he could give me one shift a week on Saturday day shift, but didn't think it'd be worth it for me to commute and pay my babysitter. I live ~1hr away, but it was worth it before I was out sick.

    Since he backtracked and offered me one shift a week now can I still apply even if I don't accept that considering it'd bring me from my previous ~$1200/week down to ~$100 (~$55 after paying babysitter and gas) which just isn't sustainable.

    submitted by /u/dontyouweep
    [link] [comments]

    Am I eligible for a restraining order against violent former room mate?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 12:02 PM PDT

    BACKGROUND: I (23F) lived with my former friend "J" (28M) for almost 4 years and got along well until I started a new job where I made good tips. J became increasingly more passive aggressive and judgemental of me for making more money than him but we never outwardly fought or had confrontations about it. I just brushed it off as jealousy since he really hated his job at the bank. In Summer 2020, we took on a new room mate "R" (25 F) who we all got along with very well. In spring 2021, J had his appendix out and couldn't work. He become increasingly more hostile in the house.

    A series of minor miscommunications (over dishes, who was gonna take out the trash, etc) lead to J become increasingly more aggravated at me and R, and I began to look for housing elsewhere. I posted on a queer friendly housing network for my city not knowing that J lurked on said network. J then confronted me by kicking my door open, physically cornering me, and screaming in my face saying I "betrayed" them and I was "trying to make him look bad online" by looking for new housing because they thought everyone knew we lived together. He took my keys and blocked my path to my phone so I couldn't call for help. I was terrified since he is over 6 foot and almost 300 pounds where I am 5 years younger, female, and 5'1. I was convinced he was going to hurt me. I was crying and begging him to give memy phone so I could call my dad to come get me but J wouldn't let me let me because he didn't "trust me to tell my parents the truth". He told me I had to leave and that the house and my room were "his" and I didn't deserve to live there. He threatened to throw all my belongings in the street as well. He finally stopped an left me alone when the landlord knocked on the door to see what the commotion was. My dad came and got me out of there safely and J had some random person take over my room and demanded rent money from me despite him not being the landlord and me not living there at the time. After I left, He continued to send me hateful messages claiming all our mutual friends always hated me and the only reason I was "allowed" to be around was because he defended me. He tried to tell me that he was the only "real" friend I ever had and that I had fucked everything up and now I was going to be alone for ever. I messaged said friends he claimed hated me and didn't want me around only to find out they had no idea what J was talking about and didn't even know I wasn't living with J anymore. He has since tried to isolate me and get me alone in public so he could physically intimidate me and "confront" me.

    Flash forward to now (2 months later), and J violently forced the other room mate R in a similar fashion and R reached out to me and I helped her find safe housing. I also blocked J on everything since he had been stalking my social media accounts since he forced me out. J somehow found out I helped R find safe housing as well and became further enraged that I had blocked him. J has been going around messaging at least 10 of my friends saying that me and R are "violent abusers" and that we are "actively abusing him and putting him in danger". The only thing I've done since he forced me out was block him on everything. I'm so disturbed that J would blatantly lie and throw words like abuse around when all me and R have done is block him/get away from him. Both me and R are abuse survivors and this has been extremely disturbing and re traumatizing for us both.

    I really need advice on how to stay sane in this situation. Or some comforting words. I'm terrified of leaving the house and going in public bc I'm afraid I'll run in to J and he will try to physically corner me and scream in my face again like he did that night he forced me out. I live in fear of seeing him and what he might do to me but I don't know if I'm eligible since he didn't actually physically harm me and we were not in a relationship. I personally felt extremely unsafe and like the situation was violent and can be violent again since he continues to harass me ans now by proxy of my friends. Luckily my friends don't believe his lies. I have the date and location where the altercation happened but no tangible evidence or police report.

    submitted by /u/bigdaddytexas420
    [link] [comments]

    Old lady whose cats I helped care for wants to leave me her substantial estate?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 01:23 PM PDT

    An older (68) conservationist that I met through my work in animal rescue has apparently put me and my friend in her will to act as live-in caretakers for her property/animals when she passes, which she seems to think will be relatively soon due to health conditions she hasn't elaborated on to us in too much detail yet. Today she told us she would like to leave us her entire estate that was originally going to be left to her great-nieces and nephews, she says because they're already rich and she would prefer for her money and property to go to someone who would put it to use in establishing an animal/environmental non-profit out of her rural property. This would be life changing for me, of course, and I'm more than willing to carry out her wishes.

    My question is, where do I go from here? I want to have a hard copy of her will so I know how to plan my life, and I want to know if there's anything legal my friend and I should do ahead of time, particularly in the event of her nieces and nephews disputing anything. They're the only ones that I think would be an issue because she never married or had kids. How should I phrase that? What is reasonable for me to ask for? Should I get her lawyer's information too? I don't want to seem pushy, but if this actually is going to happen I need to know so I can plan accordingly. We live in Louisiana, for reference.

    submitted by /u/converts
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment