• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 30, 2021

    Accounting Oh so close

    Accounting Oh so close


    Oh so close

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 01:21 PM PDT

    I work as a financial auditor. When reviewing cash deposits, I found that one of our employees accepted this $100 bill.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 03:23 PM PDT

    PwC to allow all employees to work fully virtual until at least next June, allow Consulting/Tax employees to live anywhere, and require vaccines to enter a PwC office for all employees.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 01:13 PM PDT

    Being virtual will not affect compensation unless you change locations (base pay only affected).

    Prior covid diagnosis does not preclude you from getting vaccinated.

    submitted by /u/throwaway64615109
    [link] [comments]

    Emailing a client about an 1120 I've been asking them to look at since 8/15

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 10:21 AM PDT

    my managers reaction to me charging my time to the client and not eating my hours

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 10:28 AM PDT

    What’s the easiest career path for an accounting major that guarantees six figures?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 07:56 AM PDT

    You can call me weak if you want but I'd like to have time for my hobbies and loved ones as much as possible while still earning six figures. If it's attainable then why not? I've been networking with big 4 and I'd like to at least start there. I have no problem working hard but curious about this. When I say easiest I mean both in terms of the work and the work life balance.

    submitted by /u/Jazzlike_Award_671
    [link] [comments]

    Accounting Dirty Talk / Flirting

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 11:49 AM PDT

    I was just wondering if anyone else had some ideas for some comical accounting Dirty Talk?

    My feeble attempts so far:

    • How about we split your assets down the middle and I can reconcile your variance?

    • You're like a beautiful piece of land, I don't see you ever depreciating.

    • It looks your journal entry was incorrect, would you like me reverse you and input my entry?

    I know someone out there has better! :)

    submitted by /u/themonkofbeer
    [link] [comments]

    PwC diversity executives mocked Chinese accents, dressed as 'bat from Wuhan' during company trivia event

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 06:05 PM PDT

    Why our profession is shit

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 08:29 AM PDT

    It makes no sense to me that in a market in which there is a limited supply of skilled labor and an abundance of demand, that companies are still able to pay subpar wages compared to the rising cost of living, drive employees to work overtime, and normalize stressful working conditions. The only explanation I can think of is that, as a profession, we are allowing it.

    We are also so obsessed with career progression that we will take positions that "set us up well" for success at the expense of good working conditions, only to find that we never really "get there". wonder why :p

    submitted by /u/PhoenixHiker23
    [link] [comments]

    PwC offers U.S. employees full-time remote work

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 06:32 PM PDT

    No love for Big 4s on Tinder either! ��

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 11:22 AM PDT

    My job forgot to give me my bonus for passing my CPA after promising they would when I almost left for another position. Should I bounce?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 04:17 AM PDT

    WFH has been great for accounting. I try to fill the gap in my schedule with recreational activities. How do you spend your day?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 05:01 PM PDT

    Do people graduate and actually know what they are doing right after... cause I feel like I’ve learning nothing

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 04:16 PM PDT

    Been thinking about how I'm about to graduate from business school in a few months. Yet I feel like I don't know shit, not accounting or business in general. I wish I can say I know more than I think, that what I tell others anyways, but I don't actually feel that for myself... how much value did you bachelors degree have for you?

    submitted by /u/depressedchildd
    [link] [comments]

    How about a Pizza Party for all the work you do

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 10:23 AM PDT

    Meet the Firms is tomorrow. Any last minute advice? (I’m a college junior; this is a message I received)

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 07:19 PM PDT

    I'm super committed to audit, you guys think I'm partner material?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 09:29 PM PDT

    Hows accounting job market in Seattle?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 07:30 PM PDT

    Specifically public accounting. Is it competitive? Considering relocation. Any info would be appreciated. Thx!

    submitted by /u/swtpumpkin
    [link] [comments]

    Just got my first-ever accounting summer internship offer.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 04:37 PM PDT

    After applying to over 20 firms in different locations. Finally got my first offer today. Can't wait to gain some practical experience in an accounting firm.

    -had no experience in accounting before this, only worked a couple part time jobs, still in uni as well.

    submitted by /u/Lion291
    [link] [comments]

    Accounting - O&G Industry - Salary Concern

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 08:42 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I was curious about what the entry level accounting pay is for these oil and gas companies coming straight out of college.. does anyone have a estimate or idea? I was hoping to get around $70k+ from them, but I don't know if this is even possible..

    • Chevron
    • ExxonMobil
    • Phillips66
    • Halliburton

    I am just really unsure since COVID happened last year and many of these companies have decreased compensation levels.

    submitted by /u/CPAInTheArea
    [link] [comments]

    Any time I hear an auditors talk about automation and auditing:

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 06:44 PM PDT

    Someone thinks our profession is dying and gonna get automated quick.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 01:10 PM PDT

    Fellow PWCers, do the webcasts always sound this cringe?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 12:11 PM PDT

    First one I've actually watched and Tim Ryan is really something else.

    submitted by /u/wavywiggins
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment