• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 1, 2021

    Accounting I'm Done

    Accounting I'm Done


    I'm Done

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 03:55 PM PDT

    I'm officially calling it quits on this career track. I've been screamed at, cussed out, and bullied. I've worked 80 hour weeks for people who can't be bothered to say "thank you." It's hurt my mental health, and my marriage, and the compensation is just not in line with the suffering.

    To those of you who can keep up the fight, more power to you, good luck making partner.

    submitted by /u/eminently_weird
    [link] [comments]

    Dude I don't even know how to do my own taxes

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 06:01 AM PDT

    YOU SHOULD JUST QUIT

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 09:41 AM PDT

    unpopular opinion: the majority of the people who advise people to quit point blank are just trying to live vicariously through the OP because they are miserable in their own job and want to quit too but are too chickenshit to do it themselves.

    *edit

    some of you are taking this as a tirade against quitting, which absolutely is not the case. sometimes, quitting is exactly the right move.

    i am just calling out the folks on this sub who are like YOU SHOULD JUST QUIT to every OP who runs into a problem in their professional life. i call it chickenshit because they may hate their job too, but would never dare quit themselves.

    it's easy to give bad/irresponsible advice when you're not the one that has to live with the consequences.

    submitted by /u/o8008o
    [link] [comments]

    First day of intermediate was yesterday…

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 07:19 AM PDT

    How do you guys sell yourself in interviews when you have low self-esteem, anxiety and depression?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 03:28 PM PDT

    I've been fortunate enough to line up a few interviews last month. Even though I practice beforehand, I feel like such a fraud whenever I answer their questions. It just feels like I'm lying the whole way through the interview. When I get off the phone/video call, I just feel terrible. I haven't been able to make it past the 2nd round of interviews and I don't know how to work through this.

    I'm currently at big4 and actively looking to leave because I can't stand working 60+ hours a week anymore. But the more interviews I do, the less likely it looks like I'll be able to find another job. I feel hopeless tbh.

    How have you guys overcome this?

    submitted by /u/zestiest1
    [link] [comments]

    My boss always tells me how late he works

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 10:20 AM PDT

    Every time my boss calls me, he makes it a point to state how late he worked. For example, "Yeah I was working late last night until like midnight." This has happened ever since I started working here. It seems like he takes pride in working late, but I honestly think he's just inefficient. Whenever he calls and brings up how late he worked, I just ignore him. Mind you, this is in industry and I have no issues completing my work by 5:00.

    Has anyone ever had a boss like this/is this normal?

    submitted by /u/careermove12
    [link] [comments]

    This is what I imagine every time industry and public battle about accounting…

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 04:51 PM PDT

    Hey guys! I’m taking a personality assessment for an accounting job. Are we supposed to be pro or anti-costume?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 07:27 AM PDT

    Public bad

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 10:25 PM PDT

    Public Bad

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 07:54 AM PDT

    100k salary forever

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    I honestly don't want to be manager and keep my 100k salary forever. How long will it take me to retire if I saved half my income after taxes

    submitted by /u/arichnader
    [link] [comments]

    An insane amount of controllership job postings in the last day alone(LinkedIn)....

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 05:45 AM PDT

    I have no dog in this fight because I'm only a lowly A1 staff but for all you experienced phuckas out there, I'd honestly just recommend applying and testing out your luck so I can live vicariously through you...

    Ok Ciao.

    submitted by /u/Novicept2
    [link] [comments]

    My left eye will not stop twitching

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 07:23 PM PDT

    It's been 11 hours. I've been running through the 17th century user interface that is GoSystems qualifying these freaking returns, and Im not gonna lie Im loving it. I feel like a genius when I finally figure out what random button at the bottom of four nested menus solves whatever problem there is.

    Problem is, a large amount of caffeine has been consumed over the course of the day. Now my eye wont stop twitching. Anyone had to deal with busy season eye twitches before?

    submitted by /u/c_mallard
    [link] [comments]

    The basics of Debit and Credit - A guide for newbies

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 02:42 PM PDT

    Here's all you need to know -

    Increase in Assets/Expenses - Debit

    Decrease in Assets/Expenses - Credit

    Think of it like assets and expenses have a DEBIT balance, i.e. when they increase, they are debited, and when they decrease, they are credited.

    Increase in Liabilities/Income - Credit

    Decrease in Liabilities/Income - Debit

    Think of it like liabilities and incomes have a CREDIT balance, i.e. when they increase, they are credited, and when they decrease, they are debited.

    submitted by /u/stargater2
    [link] [comments]

    Can you become a CPA if you smoke weed?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 07:43 PM PDT

    In the state of California, it is legal to smoke weed. We have dispensaries all over the state and they check your ID before purchasing cannabis.

    I wanted to know because I'm in the process of taking FAR, and they requested a background check and fingerprints as well since it is part of the application process. I have purchased few times from dispensaries myself after they legalised it in Cali.

    My friend applied for police academy and was rejected because of that reason even though it is legal in Cali to smoke cannabis. This is the reason why I'm asking.

    My application was just approved and I have selected a date for FAR.

    submitted by /u/SadEmploy
    [link] [comments]

    What jobs are available after moving away from PA for tax people?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 01:57 PM PDT

    I feel like it's a little more unclear of what options are available to us after leaving public accounting rather than with audit, so if anyone has some background or experience on this it would be really helpful.

    submitted by /u/cls22090
    [link] [comments]

    Is being an accountant really a shitty job??

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 06:38 PM PDT

    Im constantly seeing people complaining about their accountant jobs, i was considering the possibility of being accountant but now I'm just wary about the alarming amount of people not liking it

    submitted by /u/Shakesreare
    [link] [comments]

    A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn since I’m trying to leave big 4

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 09:22 PM PDT

    She basically disowned me for not having my cpa (when she gave up on hers too which was really hypocritical) and not doing 2 busy seasons (as I only have one) and basically made it seem that all other opportunities would be total shit without a license. I want to die. Like seriously that conversation destroyed my confidence and outlook on the future.

    submitted by /u/Beginning_Excuse_594
    [link] [comments]

    I just received a job offer at another company that is both a big promotion (Manager to Director) and a switch in function (Accounting to FP&A). Advice needed...

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 06:29 PM PDT

    Hi there -

    I'm very excited to start this new job and I want to really knock it out of the park. Great company and great pay, but I know it's going to be a lot of work with tons to learn. I wanted to solicit your suggestions on a couple of topics:

    • Switching from Accounting to FP&A - I've read all of the blogs that say the same things ("looking at the past to looking at the future" yada yada). Do you have any suggestions for resources to actually develop "FP&A skills" (however you wish to define that). For instance, is pursing the AFP's FP&A certification worth it? I'm wanting to get up to speed as soon as possible.

    • Personal/Mental - I'm naturally a very anxious person with a massive imposter syndrome mindset. So, I'm excited about the new job and then I turn around and freak myself out. I'm thinking of getting a career coach to at least help me think through the transition. For those that did it, how did you find your career coach? I'd think it'd be ideal to find one with experience with the accounting/finance industry, no?

    Thanks in advance for any helpful advice you can share with me and anyone in a similar position. If you have any questions for me...go ahead and ask.

    submitted by /u/Shaqlemore
    [link] [comments]

    How is additional paid in capital not $8700? If 600 shares of $10 par value stock get credited $6000, shouldn’t the remaining $14.5 (for $24.50 market price) x600 shares be credited for $8700? (Part 2 of the question in the photo)

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 05:16 PM PDT

    Do you know anybody who got fired from public? What was the reason?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 08:21 PM PDT

    Are the big 4 REALLY as bad as all of you say it is?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 07:58 AM PDT

    I graduate in May and was wondering if the Big 4 is as much hell as everyone makes it out to be. I know absolutely NOTHING about the job market. I have a desire as well to move over to Europe one day and work there. I know at least 2 of the big 4 have operations over there as well. So I thought go there and deal with it.

    So is it bad and border line abuse or is it just a meme?

    submitted by /u/TheHumbleNerd
    [link] [comments]

    Recent grad needs help

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 05:29 PM PDT

    So I just graduated spring 2021 and I've had a hard time getting a job. I feel like I'm good at writing cover letters and resumes and decent at interviewing. I've had a fair share of 2nd interviews and have been really close to getting a job but always a more qualified candidate has been chosen.

    For background my resume isn't great, I went to a low tier college and I didn't have an internship because I was busy working my way through college. I don't have too much relevant experience.

    I took a small break since the post-graduation rush of chasing employment is crazy. I interviewed this company I really really liked and got a 3rd interview. The process took two months and I'm devesated I didn't get the job. I was so sure I was going to get the job and I'm at my wits end at my current job. The only thing getting me through the last few weeks have been imagining quitting and getting this job.

    I thought maybe I should I try to land an internship instead of a first job but many companies hire interns a year in advance. I haven't networked (big mistake I know) and I just need advice. I'm not sure what I'm looking for because I feel like my resume and CLs are written well and interviewing is decent for me, besides just pushing through and keep applying is there anything else? I don't really know how to network past school acquaintances.

    submitted by /u/Sherufanir011
    [link] [comments]

    I don’t want to go to work because my senior is a micromanager

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    I get so much anxiety thinking about how I'll be micromanaged during the day. I want to throw up

    The only good thing about my job is the salary but the beauty of that ceased way too quickly.

    submitted by /u/No-Smell5410
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment