• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 9, 2021

    Accounting "I just don't know why we haven't been able to hire anyone"

    Accounting "I just don't know why we haven't been able to hire anyone"


    "I just don't know why we haven't been able to hire anyone"

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 08:44 AM PDT

    Every time.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 06:03 PM PDT

    So what are you getting paid?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 06:39 PM PDT

    Just curious where everyone's wages sit after reading the "hot" post about a partner not being able to find staff. Trying to gauge where I stand to be completely honest for the long term. Just barely started my first job in public after passing all my CPA exams and it sparked my curiosity.

    Just to give some background :

    Location : California , Central Valley MCOL
    Degree : Bachelors in Accounting from SJSU
    Relevant Experience : 2 Years in Private as Accounting Manager
    CPA : 4/4 Passed / 150 Credits Completed

    Firm Size : Mid / SmallCurrent Job: Staff Accountant 1Pay : 63k Salary Yearly + Benefits

    How's everyone else looking ?

    submitted by /u/HPB_TV
    [link] [comments]

    Which one are you?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 05:55 AM PDT

    Company forcing people back into the office?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 04:13 PM PDT

    Hi I do accounting at a real estate firm. Starting next week they are requiring everyone back at the office full time with the option of one day to work from home.

    I put in a request to have 3 days in office and 2 days home, but I was denied.

    Im kind of upset by this decision since it will not impact my job at all and I now feel they don't value my wants as an employee. The office has no COVID requirements in place anymore wearing masks, distancing etc.)

    They say the reasoning to force people back into the office is because we are in the business of real estate and have to set an example, but I think it's kind of reckless.

    Anyone else experiencing this or have any input?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/soccerbabe68
    [link] [comments]

    Somebody in my org just emailed our entire finance org (well over 2000 people) regarding a past due invoice �� Should I reply all?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 09:36 AM PDT

    Apparently some invoice is a year past due and this dude just rage replied by adding three very large email directories. These include emails for interns up to the CFO. This is great.

    submitted by /u/TheLeBronConspiracy
    [link] [comments]

    Calling all "Non CPA" Accountants...

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 06:38 AM PDT

    To the accountants that did not pursue the CPA, did not obtaining it hold you back in your career? Do you regret it?

    I'm currently finishing my undergrad and planning to go for a masters so I'll be eligible to sit but I don't think I'll actually pursue the license. I have no interest in working in public. My professor essentially told me I might as well change majors if I have no plans to go for the CPA, and now I feel a little defeated.

    submitted by /u/diamondtideez
    [link] [comments]

    Dating and romantic relationships at Big 4

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 03:57 PM PDT

    How easy is it to find a boyfriend/girlfriend at work if you work for Big 4? Does it happen often? Dating apps are full of sketchy people, but meeting people organically in real life and cultivating relationships seems difficult if you spend most of your time at work. So the best candidates for romantic relationships are people that work at the same firm. If this is something you've gone through or you know someone who has done this, please share your stories!

    submitted by /u/unwritten_pages
    [link] [comments]

    Are dreams billable?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 05:09 PM PDT

    An important note came to me in a dream. Thinking about billing a .5 Planning for it.

    submitted by /u/keqpi
    [link] [comments]

    Good luck on 9/15

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 06:56 AM PDT

    Now taking suggestions to fill out my white board

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 09:49 AM PDT

    [CAN] CPA CFE on Monday - Stressed and Depressed

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 09:21 AM PDT

    Anyone else feeling a crushing sense of dread?

    Only a handful of days left. I've hit my limit for writing and studying and can barely focus, but feel like if I stop studying I'm a big fat phony and will regret it on the exam, so as a result I just sit at my desk, staring at a random feedback guide, stressed out and dicking around on my phone while feeling guilty about being on my phone.

    I feel like this exam has taken over my life and I don't know how some people are so calm about it. I feel depressed and anxious and I can't focus on anything.

    Also if I hear one more non-accountant patronizingly chuckle and say "you're smart, you'll pass" I will lose it. Capstone 2 has taught me that I am a moron.

    submitted by /u/Robo_Beaver
    [link] [comments]

    Data analytics

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 04:32 PM PDT

    Is there any advantage to getting a masters or certificate in data analytics or data science? I am a tax accountant but I also audit. I am interested as adding that knowledge for my career growth. Is it worth it?

    submitted by /u/yesname1
    [link] [comments]

    How much trouble am I in?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 08:36 PM PDT

    When billing time to a client I accidentally put it under September time, it was in august. It was 20 minutes, I think my rate is 117 per hour. They didn't bill the client for it this month. Normally they have somebody who reviews the time

    submitted by /u/MotownMondays5
    [link] [comments]

    Oh, you’re a CPA… you must love numbers!

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 06:22 AM PDT

    Not a huge fan of "numbers," not sure how a person could be. They're not very exciting. They don't make me laugh or make me happy… they're just there.

    What's your response when people say you must love numbers?

    submitted by /u/Corporate-Clown
    [link] [comments]

    Seriously the entire platform

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 08:32 PM PDT

    The Partner: "These 28 review points and additional analytics should only take like an hour to do, let's get it done today!"

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 06:36 AM PDT

    What is a skill in excel that every accountant should know? What skill set should an accountant using excel possess before they claim the title “expert”?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 03:33 PM PDT

    I felt pretty proficient when I wrote a spreadsheet with 8 different nested sumifs and again when I wrote a similar formula to streamline 1095C reporting. I am self-taught in excel, currently employed as a staff Payroll accountant (in school finishing my bachelors), and I feel comfortable with using most areas of Excel except VBA and Macros only because I haven't had time to dive into them. I'm just interested in hearing thoughts from more experienced individuals about what a baseline is for the position.

    submitted by /u/notclevergirl
    [link] [comments]

    When your workpaper has review notes

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 01:49 AM PDT

    thinking about quitting

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 03:43 PM PDT

    hey everyone, I'm 21 and have about 50k saved up. I'm about a year away from being CPA eligible, but frankly I hate my job in accounting. I know you guys obviously can't make my life choices for me but I was curious to hear other people's experiences

    I'm a CS minor and I'm thinking about just dropping out for a year and doing math and cs in the countryside somewhere with cheap costs of living and then going back to college. I already got A's in a few of the harder CS classes like proofs and linear algebra

    submitted by /u/hardwood_12
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to land an internship at a Big 4 if I didn’t attend the meet-the-firms?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 08:05 PM PDT

    As a Jr. Staff Accountant… is there such a thing as making 100k from here?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 02:59 PM PDT

    My buddy was working as a Jr. Staff Accountant for a semi prestigious jeans manufacturer in Southern California. I don't know what he was making, but he left that job and said he's not humoring opportunities that pay less than 100k

    This is insane, right? Don't Junior Accountants make like 60k if they're lucky?

    submitted by /u/10teja15
    [link] [comments]

    Which one of you overqualified fucks can actually do this?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 07:47 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment