• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 31, 2021

    Accounting "You can ss 179 land right?"

    Accounting "You can ss 179 land right?"


    "You can ss 179 land right?"

    Posted:

    Potential Idea to circumvent the CPA exam.

    Posted:

    Do you think it would be possible to legally change my last name to [Last Name , CPA]. I might be able to skate by and my kids would be certified at birth.

    submitted by /u/FrodosSkinSack
    [link] [comments]

    When you're applying for a job in your 30s that says "hands-on" or "we need someone to roll up their sleeves."

    Posted:

    Never fails

    Posted:

    Breaking: PwC says "start when you like, leave when you like"

    Posted:

    I saw this few days ago

    Posted:

    Big 4 - I literally cannot get up to do any work after being destroyed in busy season. I’m a “high performer” how long before it takes for me to get a PIP?

    Posted:

    How long can I leech off the company and not do work before they can me? They think I do a good job, but not for long muhahahaha

    submitted by /u/enquisate
    [link] [comments]

    When you feel like dog shit from the COVID vaccine so you have to take a sick day but you’re happy as fuck to have a day off during busy season - and at least it’s not a heart attack at age 57.

    Posted:

    When they tell us to act with integrity

    Posted:

    When you're miserable, exhausted, and on the break of crumbling under the weight of busy season but at least you have moderate priority for the vaccine

    Posted:

    Getting 10 review notes on 3/31 deadline

    Posted:

    Giving my notice today. 2.5 years, got my license. I'm done. So long, suckers!

    Posted:

    April Fools!

    Fucking kill me.

    submitted by /u/Capslock91
    [link] [comments]

    5/18 at 12 pm

    Posted:

    Just finished the T3 Return deadline season in Canada and all I have to say is WTF?? Who actually likes working at an accounting firm...

    Posted:

    So I am the front desk "administrator", technically I am only a receptionist but I was given a bunch of admin responsibilities. I wasn't properly trained due to my manager being let go when I first started.

    The T3 documents being sent to the CRA were forced upon me, never had any tax background and was just told "what is in this file, mail to the CRA" well I have been doing that and today I found out I was doing it wrong and it was missing a bunch of things.

    So I was breaking my ass to get it all redone, didn't eat, didn't drink, no break, I don't even think I peed today.

    And I worked from 8-7. I don't get paid a lot and I feel so exhausted already and tax season just begun.

    Now I see why everyone either had no family or is miserable at my work.

    People who chose the accounting life, what the hell?

    submitted by /u/Strange-Profile7441
    [link] [comments]

    Happy year end! (Mostly government people)

    Posted:

    Graduated with an accounting degree, first job out of college is as an inventory receiver. I've been thinking of whether I am wasting my time or not with this job. Advice?

    Posted:

    Hi all,

    So I graduated with a B.A. in accounting in December and my first job as a graduate is as an inventory receiver at a warehouse. I feel like the title is a little misleading since I am not actually physically receiving merchandise or doing any manual labor, per say, I have guys who do that. Pretty much, as deliveries come through, I gather up the paper work (Purchase order, invoice, and packing slip), and update the inventory, making sure the costs and quantities are correct, the item description matches, and if the items are specifically tied to a customer order and not stock, then I pull up the customer ticket, print labels, hand it off and leave the ticket to our dispatcher for delivery. It's pretty much a desk job through and through.

    Overall, I like the job and it's a good fit for someone who is introverted since I have my own area, I am left alone, no micromanaging, the people are cool, and work life balance is good. The only down side is the 35K pay which I hoped I would be able to at least a bit higher. As well as the doubt about whether or not I'm putting my degree to adequate use and what paths are available to me.

    When looking ahead, I feel like one day I would like to work in an office for an organization that would make me have some meaningful purpose other than solely lining a rich mans pockets, like working in a place like a school or community center, non-profit, etc. Is the type of job I'm in now still helpful if I want to work in an accounting department in such a place? Do you think I am veering off course with this job?

    For reference, I am 26 years old. I started school in 2012, changed majors multiple times, before taking 2 years off to recoup, changed my major to accounting where I found I did good at and graduated in December. Not interested in pursuing CPA or working in Big 4. Live in a city.

    submitted by /u/nonamestrangerdude
    [link] [comments]

    The indoctrination persists...

    Posted:

    Disaster of an Internship

    Posted:

    So, back in January I got an opportunity to intern at a tiny local CPA firm in my area. They knew I haven't taken a tax or audit class yet, but insisted to put me right into audits and tax returns. I was much slower than the CPAs for obvious reasons. They didn't like the fact that I asked so many questions (which I thought was normal for interns) and they were some of the most fragile people I have ever worked with. Both partners did things differently and it would be like the world was coming to an end if ONE review note had to be written on our review. They laid me off due to performance, my school schedule and lack of experience. I feel like shit because this is an internship in my career field. Is this how it really is in the field or did I just stumble onto a bad egg?

    submitted by /u/ThrowMeAway814298
    [link] [comments]

    Any Auditors from Crowe Chicago (Or Midwest) Here?

    Posted:

    I'm about to graduate with my 150 hours (Thank God!!) and wanted to hear from anyone on this sub that worked in audit at Crowe in the midwest specifically? I'm mulling multiple locations for their audit practice and wanted any idea of culture? exit opportunities? % of ppl laid off%? etc.

    I've researched them on fishbowl and other company review websites but hard to find any reliable first-hand knowledge of someone who worked in those offices.

    submitted by /u/Sure_Accountant
    [link] [comments]

    I present to you 2021 R/Accounting Shitpost

    Posted:

    I remember when this sub had like 100k fewer subscribers where people occasionally had a discussion, but now it's like a second Instagram that's only useful for memes lol.

    I still remember when the holy grail accounting recruiting guide came out ; O (sorry I'm getting emotional)

    Legitimate questions have 2 comments, then a shitposts has 1.7k upvotes lolol.

    This sub has slowly morphed into Instagram and easily has the least of most professional subreddits when it comes to information these days

    (Just getting emotional ;( )

    We have 2.3k people online and apparently only 3 of you are capable of offering any insight on anything hahaha

    submitted by /u/theelegantprof
    [link] [comments]

    About To Get Fired For 'Poor Performance', How To Prepare For Unemployment?

    Posted:

    Long story short, after Covid and working from home, I made mistakes, and they documented everything on excel sheets and emails. (Just small mistakes like numbers being wrong and entering the wrong information) Due to the nature of the work, non-profit, I make occasional human errors (3,000 invoice a year, on top of that I have other work). I believe her true expectations are for me to do them all perfectly without any review. So too many mistakes from her pov. I an unable to fulfill her expectations. I tried my best to 'improve' on the program. Before work from home started I wanted to work my best, I had nights where I voluntarily I worked till 8PM-1AM (just because I wanted to good for the company). I only sleep 5-6 hours on weekdays due to stress from this job and the pressure she puts on me, and I really feel this is a 1 job 2 people should be doing. I now go to the office everyday by myself alone and work through lunches and until 6 or 7 to finish the work, it doesn't help they don't allow me to work from home anymore as I have 2 less hours everyday to do the work. I also don't feel like I can use my PTO, I only used around 10 last year and a a couple times this year but I don't feel like I can use any of it cause 'we have to finish the work'. They already posted the job I applied to online. Do I need to document all my work too in order for shot an unemployment? (How extensively is the state going to check, NY btw, and am I going to have to save and screenshot almost everything? What extent should I go? I am applying for new jobs right now so my time is limited. Save the excel sheet that tracked my work, screenshot all the invoices I did? (3,000 per year).

    submitted by /u/kotachendoge
    [link] [comments]

    Badly need a career change and advice from all you lovely accountants

    Posted:

    Hello there,

    I'm one of the many people going through a life crisis and reevaluating my career. I've worked as an SLP (speech language pathologist) for about a decade now. While there are some good parts about it, overall the profession has a lot of negatives that have finally pushed me over the edge.

    On the plus side, I have a good idea of what I do want in a career going forward. As a very introverted person, I really want a career that allows me to work independently and alone for extended periods. Now, I'm not an introvert who dislikes being around people - far from it. I do need some "extrovert time" too, and it's enjoyable up to a point. However, SLPs generally have to collaborate and interact CONSTANTLY with all kinds of people do their jobs, and it's utterly exhausting. It's rare to find time to just sit and do some work quietly. Usually the most draining part is handling the parents and colleagues. Accounting and all professions obviously require some interaction with clients and colleagues, but it's the relative amount of interaction that's important. Despite the downsides of accounting (and yes, I know what they are), the ability to work alone quietly really attracts me to the profession. It's not the only favorable characteristic, but it's a big one for me.

    I've searched for other career change posts in this subreddit, but I'd still like to get any advice and feedback from anyone who's willing to share. You can privately message me as well. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/visualQz
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone ELI5 Big 4 Core Tax

    Posted:

    I've been here since last October and still don't know what I'm supposed to be doing. Basically I know we help the auditors with the income tax line item, we do compliance work and provision work. What do these jobs entail big picture and how do I fit into that big picture as a 1st/2nd year associate?

    All I do is tick, tie, and copy and paste in excel. How do you learn big picture what you're supposed to do if I just receive basic tasks?

    submitted by /u/newstaff123
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment