• Breaking News

    Monday, October 12, 2020

    What has COVID19 taught you? Sales and Selling

    What has COVID19 taught you? Sales and Selling


    What has COVID19 taught you?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 02:49 AM PDT

    I sell cars

    Pre-covid19 we always felt that going with a customer on a test drive is critical. We have to protect our asset, we need a trained professional to highlight the vehicle good points, deal with objections blah blah.

    Due to COVID19 we introduced solo test drives as a more common option and the thing that we have discovered is not being there on the test drive appears to result in better results then being there.

    The test drives do tend to last longer, which is fine. However the customers are selling themselves the car without even knowing it. Like for example I sent a customer out on a test drive on an Explorer and he came back going "Did you know you can press a button and the mirrors fold in?" I go "yes" he goes "That's so cool" and he bought...I'd have never brought that up because it wasn't identified as a feature he cared about.

    But we find by removing the sales person, and giving the customer as much time as they want they sell themselves the car.

    From an asset protection, some years ago we had someone steal a car during a test drive. He pulled out a gun and said the car mine, sales person was like "Aight" and he was let out.

    The thing is on every test drive we require the person test driving to give us a copy of their drivers license, and if they currently have a car want a copy of their insurance...and what's a sales person going do to stop a guy from stealing one of our vehicles? Absolutely nothing (and we wouldn't want him to either)

    What about damage? Or car accident? Well isn't that we pay for the insurance?

    Also funny enough the only test drive this year that has resulted in a car accident...the sales person was present.

    So its just an interesting thing we learned, my GM said even post COVID19 he intends on offering solo test drives.

    Also another side benefit, the sales person isn't stuck in a car with the customer. They can be doing another things. I've set appts, done follow up, etc all when a customer is test driving a car. I can't do that when I'm with my customer on a test drive.

    submitted by /u/sting2018
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else get turned off when interviewing and they keep asking about old accounts you've worked with

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    As in, how many accounts can we close super quickly based on your relationships from previous jobs.

    Not sure if its just me but focusing on this makes me feel like the interest in hiring me is less about my skills and experience and more about quick revenue potential. It only seems to happen when I'm interviewing with smaller companies. Does anyone else cringe at this?

    submitted by /u/dirtyduo
    [link] [comments]

    Scientific Method + B2B SaaS Sales = 274 opps in 3 months

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    I like to apply the scientific method to all of my projects and it's also true for my sales and growth funnels. How?

    1. I create a list of assumption I want to test and devise strategies on how to test them
    2. I run monthly experiments (varying approaches, templates, channels and prospects)
    3. I thoroughly examine the results
    4. I double down on the good ones and stop the bad ones.

    This type of mindset was crucial over the past months due to the uncertainty brought by covid. My results after 3 months were 274 opportunities generated with qualified prospects. Moreover, we still onboarded a whole "new team".

    Here is one of the approaches I tested - feel free to steal this play:

    Step 1: Find relevant lists of companies online that fit our ICP

    For this, I found online resources that provide company data based on relevant information. There are plenty of ways to do this, from searching Google to using Crunchbase or requesting them from sites like lists.amplemarket.com.

    Step 2: Find contact information (emails, phone numbers) of the prospects I want to target.

    Here, I use a lead enrichment tools like (ex: amplemarket.com, Clearbit, etc)

    Step 3: Filter the list of companies by tools they use (tools we compete with and/or tools we integrate with)

    For instance, our product integrates with a CRM, we could look for companies that use that CRM and are not using any of our competitors (let's say for example Mailchimp or Sendgrid)

    Step 4: Created a unique sequence per each tool integration we were targeting.

    Here we also used a sales engagement tool like Outreach, Salesloft, or Amplemarket to craft these personalized messages at scale.

    This type of approach allowed me to double my qualified opportunity rate from one month to the other. I hope this helps and would love to hear your feedback and how you are currently thinking about sales and growth.

    Anything interesting you have been testing for B2B SaaS sales?

    submitted by /u/mgdo
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the turn over rate at your company?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 06:13 AM PDT

    I always hear sales have people lasting a few days etc. How true is this.

    submitted by /u/DrBigKnob
    [link] [comments]

    I’m somehow constantly getting customers that can’t qualify for credit...

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    In my line of work we get warm leads from a variety of sources. I usually don't have any control over the leads and they are handed out in a round robin style system.

    For the past few months I've noticed that my sales have tanked tremendously to where I'm barely meeting a quarter of my numbers from last year in Q3/Q4

    I started to look at my pitch, my close, and my process to see where I was losing most of my business and after analyzing most of my interactions I've noticed that I've always lost the sale at the point of financing. It seems that I keep getting leads that want our product and are completely sold but when it's time to pay for it and apply for finance... none qualify

    I looked at other financing avenues but most of the people I come in contact with have minimum wage income, horrible credit, and of course abysmal income/debt ratio.

    It seems that only me and a few other sales people are struggling with this otherwise everyone else is making the most amount of sales ever. None of their clients ever needs financing they all usually pay cash... and if they do finance I've overheard some of the talk and they're making $10k+ per month in income.

    I mean seriously... what are the odds I keep interacting with people that live in trailer parks and have zero money and horrible income, while everyone else is working with 6-figure earners?

    Does it sound like I'm just being given the short end of the stick here? Should I take this as a sign to find new work?

    submitted by /u/_TYFSM
    [link] [comments]

    Outreach.io users - how do you track booked meetings back to sequences? I can't seem to export the data?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    How to sell PV in D2D?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    I just joined a company selling and installing pv systems to houses. Guys in my team have quite nice results and are making a decent money. I'm having a tough time since I sold only to 1 customer a service worth about 8k$ (I'm from Central Europe, here it's quite a lot of money), and yet I can't go any further. I do D2D regularly, yet prospects don't want to buy, they want me to schedule appointments for next year. But I do need them now. Also had some prospects i had scheduled an appointment last week, all of them ghosted me, not a single phone call answered.

    Is there anyone working in PV sales? Can you give me some advice? I'm seriously tired. Yet I don't see myself in any other job since I'm studying and this job is time-flexible. Yet I spend about 30hrs a week on it..

    submitted by /u/Doer_
    [link] [comments]

    Just applied for outbound food sales rep and I have some questions.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    Hello I just wanted to ask some basic questions before my interview so that I do not look like a fool. I have worked in the restaurant industry for 10 years and want to make a transition to a job with better growth and work environment. I have had one really good interview so far but I do have a few questions.

    1. What base salary should I be aiming for? I understand the company gives you a base salary and then a percentage on sales but I don't wait to aim super high or low. (Oregon Area)

    2. What does an average day look like as far as dealing with customers and following up on leads?

    3. Is it a stable job? Are the minimal sales requirements pretty ridiculous?

    I understand that everyone is going to have a different view based off of region and experience but I would appreciate and insight I can. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Chefbigandtall
    [link] [comments]

    BDR interviewing for an AE position

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 11:43 AM PDT

    Hey All,

    Broad post here. Current BDR with around a year of experience. Interviewing for an AE position. What would be the best way to frame myself to get the job? How to discuss closing when I do not have any experience running the full cycle in B2B (Closed in B2C prior)?

    Any advice appreciated. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/PineAppleRuler
    [link] [comments]

    Warning a rep

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    As a manager (or as a rep) what are your thoughts on going off the record to tell a struggling rep to start looking for a new job before a termination becomes a realistic possibility?

    submitted by /u/JohnEThree3
    [link] [comments]

    Is 14 meetings/month a lot for a new SDR?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    Hi all!

    Recently have been interviewing for an entry-level outbound SDR position for a marketing intelligence SaaS startup. The hiring manager seems to like me & has told me that I will be advanced to the next & final round and basically said many times that he thinks I have a great chance at the position..

    I am coming from a non-tech background, have sales experience but little cold-calling and pretty much none of the traditional prospecting processes using prospecting software. I was told that I'll be given a meeting quota of 14 meeting per month targeting a new territory that they're going after (Middle East). The training is basically a week long & it's mostly me watching/reading material on my own and it's basically "what you make out of it"

    Is that quota considered a lot? I'm expecting that the first month or two will just be me getting used to the job -if I get it-, but how much cold-calling & effort should I expect myself to be doing to hit these goals monthyl? Are these goals realistic?

    Don't get me wrong, I have no problem putting in the work needed. But at the same time, I want to avoid any red flags that I might be unaware of just due to me being inexperienced in tech sales & not knowing what my expectations should be. The product itself is solid & the company has been growing and has offices in 4 different continents targeting companies from all over the world.

    I'd appreciate everyone's advice, I know that outbound sales is basically a hustle, but I'd like to avoid any unpleasant surprises that I might be getting myself to by having feedback from people in the industry.

    Thanks all again! :)

    submitted by /u/FoggyTaco
    [link] [comments]

    New to the company, my manager has quit with no notice and I don't know how to move forward

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    For context, the company I'm now working at went into administration last year but subsequently had been bought by a larger company so this year we are re-launching with a lot of optimism.

    Currently, the team whole team is quite small with about 15 - 20 of us in various roles including the CEO and other higher-level members of management.

    I have come into this role as an SDR which has been a role that wasn't well defined as the team is so small I think they wanted to figure out the role as we went along. When joining the company I was coming in to essentially help the current Marketing director with more sales as that was not his speciality and wanted to be more focussed on Marketing. With this there was no official training it was just kinda doing the job but asking lots of questions as I went along.

    I have been here for just over 2 months now and this marketing director has now left.. this is significant for me as he was the go-to guy for me to ask all my questions and just to know what I should be focussed on, on nearly a daily basis so I was never really that independent as I relied on him a lot.

    He left last Friday with absolutely no notice and it has completely thrown me off. My CRO who is a manager I'm close with has said to me that he doesn't want me to feel added pressure, but at the same time we have a new girl joining the sales team this week and I don't feel like I'm equipped enough or know enough to train her myself. I don't know if it will even be the case of me training her myself as I haven't spoken to my manager about it yet.

    The reason I am finding this so stressful is that our sales team was being developed with me learning from this guy and now he's gone. In addition, as we are relaunching this year it's fairly stressful for us all trying to meet targets etc which makes me even more nervous.

    Upon speaking to my dad and friends they said its a great opportunity for me to step up into that sales role but I just feel so unequipped to take that step with my total of 10 months in sales experience 8 of which from my past BDE role which was not a good experience for reasons I won't go into today.

    I don't want to leave this company as I think it's a great opp for me to be at a growing company at this size but I just don't know how I'm going to thrive enough for them to realise I can be a great asset moving forward due to my inexperience.

    Any advice if anyone has ever been in a similar position or even just any advice on how to best approach this.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/ogjsb
    [link] [comments]

    TikTok saved my business! If you need leads PLEASE consider using TikTok. It's worth it.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    If you're struggling for sales and not on TikTok I advise you to create an account TODAY!!

    In ONE month I gained over 11,000 REAL followers organically on my business account, had 4 brands contact me about partnerships, and doubled my email subscribers list. Now, almost 70% of my leads come from this app alone. Mind you, all this happened IN ONE MONTH 🤯

    These numbers might sound crazy (but I have screenshots for proof lol). In 28 days my videos amassed 336,525 views, I gained 11,066 followers and my profile was viewed 8,329 times! Not one single cent was spent.

    You may think it's an app for kids (believe me I did too) but there are whole communities ready to connect and purchase. Over 30% of TikTok users are over the age of 30! 🧔🏾

    There are wayyyyy too many benefits for me to try and list here. But if you're struggling for leads and customers on Facebook and Instagram like I was when I first started, I encourage you to try different social media platforms!

    submitted by /u/Aspiringplantmom24
    [link] [comments]

    Paternity Leave?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    I work as a sales Consultant in Toronto, and my wife is ~ 6 months pregnant. Our income situation will be ok with both of us going on leave.

    I am curious to hear from those who have done it. How long did you take off? Is there something you regret doing/not doing?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Bonsee
    [link] [comments]

    Just had an interview for a job I was excited about

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    10 minutes in I hear the loud obnoxious roar of a lawnmower outside of my window. Apartment walls are paper thin. No escape hatch.

    Went alright otherwise. <3 you 2020

    submitted by /u/palameda
    [link] [comments]

    Dealing with customer?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! I have a page with 4k on instagram And i'm trying to sell a Healthcare product, the page is about healthcare ao I guess everyone is a potential client?

    I've read about copywritting and created a decent ad, but before I post it, I tried with a shitty ad(didnt know it was shitty at the time) and some ppl contacted me.

    The thing is that, theres so much that I don't know, I don't know how to deal with them if being contacted.

    I understand that I need to put with the person words: "whats the problem they have" "why is it important, the value to them or why it bothers them in daily basis". And "what are the consequences of not solving it quick"

    Is there any book that talk about this? I've read how to influence ppl and ... but that is more like a life thing and not sales by text, by chatting.

    Or any advice you can give :)

    Thanks in advance r/sales !

    submitted by /u/TheManBehindItAlll
    [link] [comments]

    SDRs working Europe, especially large accounts on the continent, what is a typical number of meetings you'd get during the summers?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 08:59 AM PDT

    I hear Europeans take their summers more seriously than Americans do. From the months of say June to August, what is a respectable number of meetings to get if you are working a role where the companies you target are in the Fortune 500 and big company range?

    submitted by /u/Available_Force672
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys, a bit of advice/discussion thread on how to start winning new clients in this climate (Selling B2B during COVID) UK-based

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 03:59 AM PDT

    Recently started work at a digital marketing agency.

    Sole job is to win new clients, not up-sell existing ones/make sure they're happy.

    Can't get through to anyone on a call, just customer service reps.

    Trying lots of different things (made a fancy-looking marketing newsletter offering free value, cold emails, etc.)

    Any advice/similar stories welcome!

    submitted by /u/SnooPets1514
    [link] [comments]

    Long term- what offers higher salaries? Pharmaceutical sales or medical device sales?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    1:1 with senior AE

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 01:09 AM PDT

    Tomorrow I have a full houer with a senior AE. What questions should I Ask? It can be about channel deal, direct deals, prospecting.. basicly anything. As a 26y old this is a great opportunity to gain some more knowledge.

    It is very career related as I am to move to a different country and sell there and this 1:1 is part of preparing me.

    submitted by /u/Japparbyn
    [link] [comments]

    Beating top producers

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 04:15 AM PDT

    Anyone in a space where you're competing against a lot of others that are out-producing you? Average annual sales in the area is ~7, competing against a lot of people doing upwards of 50 and a few doing 100+. In a field where experience is important, how can you add value over these people when you're talking to the same prospects and directly competing with them (other than more communication and customer service)

    submitted by /u/Stupidquestions2014
    [link] [comments]

    Bdrs and Sdrs

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:04 PM PDT

    Hey guys I'm a BDR and I have been struggling the past few months. Crust reason is the number of people I'm getting on the phone second is when I do it seems harder and harder as each month goes by to engage prospects.

    I work at a UCaaS/CCaaS communications company. Is anyone else experiencing something similar and how have you delt with it? Any advice would be appreciated.

    EDIT: UCaaS, CCaaS

    submitted by /u/TheRealStormzo
    [link] [comments]

    How to get leads on Reddit?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    Hi Guys!

    Please let me know how to get leads through reddit?

    submitted by /u/perrygrande
    [link] [comments]

    Wait for promotion to AE or Move to pre-IPO company?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 10:33 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I am currently a SDR at a growing post-IPO software/tech company. Been there 1.5 years and it's great. In February-March, they are going to promote a few of us to an SMB AE role (100k OTE) due to expanding headcount. A few of us will get promoted based on our performance in these next couple of months.

    However, I have a chance to start at as an SMB AE with another company (pre-IPO) that's growing rapidly and just finished successful rounds of funding. I would start in November-December (100k OTE as well)

    I like my current company and the relationships I've built with people there. However, I fear that something could happen in February and I would continue being an SDR until middle of next year, especially since we may be "competing" for this role.

    Should I wait it out at my current company and continue being an SDR till the beginning of next year? Or move to an AE role now with the other company that will guarantee me a spot as an AE soon AND that's pre-IPO?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Fastpakii
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment