• Breaking News

    Friday, October 9, 2020

    Things will get better. Please hang in there. Sales and Selling

    Things will get better. Please hang in there. Sales and Selling


    Things will get better. Please hang in there.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    COVID has fucked shit up. I just want to send some good vibes this morning to my brothers and sisters currently selling or looking for their next opportunity.

    Things will get better. They will probably get worse before getting better, but they will get better. Please hang in there. Sales is the world's oldest profession for a reason. We are tough and resilient. Do not let this virus put you down and break your morale.

    It's out of your control

    Fired, layoff? Don't be hard on yourself. Poor performance, being put on PIP? Don't be so hard on yourself.

    submitted by /u/SalesAficionado
    [link] [comments]

    A list of closing techniques I have compiled about 7 years ago

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    Can’t set a meeting during COVID

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:03 AM PDT

    I've been a BDR prospecting into nonprofits for a very large ERP company since June 2019 and have had no problem setting meetings up until this quarter that started in September.

    Now it seems like all nonprofits have gone on autopilot until further notice since they've been hit so hard financially.

    Up until now, I've been a huge believer in the idea that you just have to find the right prospect, but even that is impossible right now so Id thought I'd come here for some talk track critique.

    My talk track is as follows:

    "Hi this is hunterdub from [ERP] how's it going this afternoon?"

    "I am reaching out to you because we work with a lot of other nonprofits similar to [org name] and was curious what you're currently using for your accounting software?"

    They answer

    "How's that working for you today?"

    They usually answer something generically positive

    "Ah OK so usually when I see someone using [competitor] they come to us for better integration and better reporting. The reason for my call is to see if you'd be interested in taking 10 minutes this week for a quick call to see what other nonprofits are doing/ what else is out there and how we can be a resource for you in the future?"

    If they object and say something like "not right now" I come back with " I completely understand and wouldn't be calling you today if I thought you'd be changing systems anytime soon. We just understand these decisions come down to relationships and timing and we'd love to see how we could be a resource for you and your organization down the road"

    This has been my go-to since starting and has given me a lot of success, but now It can't buy me a meeting.

    I know it's probably been put on this sub a lot, but I was curious thinks there's anything wrong with my talk track or had any critiques for a talk track to just sell a meeting?

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/Hunterdub
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone used a one on one sales coach? If so, how was it?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    Apologies if this has been asked as I'm a Newbie (to this sub and to sales).

    But I would love to get some one on one feedback on my approach and ways to improve.

    Does anyone recommend any good sales coaching services?

    Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/The_Big_Shawt
    [link] [comments]

    When mass dialling - leaving a little additional detail (a message) with reception VS just name and number?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:10 AM PDT

    26-year-old SDR B2B and wide range of products for all company sizes. my workload includes outreaching accounts on mass with a few personalised approach to key enterprise accounts.

    The least favourite thing for me is leaving details with reception matched equally with emailing a generic shared inbox. At most I'll leave a name and number hoping they will tell the prospect I've called acting as another touch point to my emails VM and LinkedIn.

    However, for time and productivity that's all I do, I keep reception calls short and focus on mass dials with only those key accounts getting really personal approaches. I wonder if anyone has had more success with another approach for reception when calling on mass?

    Today I was thinking maybe leaving a longer message when mass dialling that is different from the emails I sent but more specific.

    For example: I've shared a generic email personalised only to their industry but say I leave a message with reception tailored to the prospect pain points "<name>, <number>, <regarding pain point your sub-industry is facing>" and nothing else with the hopes they go "oh they could help with that and here I can see what they do, I'll give him a reply"

    I appreciate this will make a small difference and from my personal experience not wasting time is more important than leaving a message to reception but was just wondering if anyone here can share their best practice or think it's worth it.

    submitted by /u/ImBadAtSales
    [link] [comments]

    Farewell Soldiers

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:17 PM PDT

    I started out in food service making minimum wage. I've been in sales on and off for about 10 years now. I have some college, but dropped out 3 times to focus on work and really dedicate myself to learning and performing at a high level and move to a management position at every company I landed in. I've done B2B, B2G and a small bit of B2C I'd rather never think about. I made a great living by keeping a positive attitude, learning as much as I can and always asking my employer, "what more can I do to add value for you?"

    While being an inside sales manager, I also developed and managed a B2G business' purchasing team. We worked with public agencies constantly and had a good idea of their RFQ/RFP processes.

    My current B2B supply company is down 40% and I went from one of many Outside AEs that focused on community relationship building and consulting on establishing indirect spend purchasing systems and integrating them into our platform. Lots of meetings with new businesses and non-profits to consult and when I wasn't doing that I was shmoozing at business networking events (and running a few) and enjoying fancy free food and drinks. I loved every aspect of my job despite the 60 hour weeks.

    Now my job is to sit in an office and manage a list of key accounts and many accounts that are dying because of Covid. The vibe in the office feels like a sinking ship.

    I applied to be a public purchasing manager qnd was accepted. I'll be making 30% more than my Covid salary (but 30% less than my pre-Covid OTE) plus all the amazing benefits that being a state employee provides. I'm excited for this new adventure and I'm happy that my career in sales allowed a diverse enough skillset that I didn't need a degree for a 6 figure income outside of sales.

    Keep grinding bros, keep doing more than your job description, and never stop learning.

    Peace.

    submitted by /u/Lidzo
    [link] [comments]

    How to motivate a good sales rep that has had some bad luck lately (I am a sales manager)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    We have a strategic product that my sales rep has taken ownership over and he has done a great job setting up opportunities for several big orders. All three of them have collapsed at the final hour due to various factors, only a small portion of which were under his control. What's the best way to keep him motivated to keep engaged with this strategic product and keep bringing in these opportunities? I don't have any means of creating a special $incentive for this, so I am looking for coaching techniques. TIA

    submitted by /u/WatDuztheFoxSay
    [link] [comments]

    What is it like in Mortgage Sales?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    I've heard mixed reviews on one side I've heard that it's a boiler room type job and that they fire half of new recruits. On the other side I've heard it's hard work but you're paid 75k plus first year after you put in the hours. I'm finding very little information on it online.

    The offer I'm considering is with Newday USA it's 60k base plus commissions.

    submitted by /u/MasterLemonMoonlight
    [link] [comments]

    I always get the "the markets tough right now" response when talking about how hard it is to find another job - BUT if the position is open on the companies website, then clearly they are looking for somebody... so what gives?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    Ive applied to over 25 different position in the last 2 months or so. Ive got 1 call back... ONE. Granted I understand the position I have been applying for is a little different than my current (still sales but i am trying for SaaS sales, right now I am in Verizon retail sales) but I hear absolutely nothing except for emails telling me we are moving on. Most of the time when I apply a lot of the Job Requirements listed match with what I do now.. so like what the heck?

    submitted by /u/alljobs11
    [link] [comments]

    SDR -> AM -> AE, would AM be a good experience? Especially as I like the company

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    I am 26 and have been an SDR just under 1.5 years. However, there are no sales roles internally to move into currently.

    There is an entry-level AM role as the function is just being created now.

    This is good as I think it would good to try it out now, help me personally to learn the AM skills and have those client-facing responsibilities that I have not had as an SDR role.

    Plus I do love this company and the work I do hence I am keen to stay whereas I feel staying in the SDR role won't look as good or be as helpful for my personal development as being an AM for 1-2years.

    If I had to move company I'd probably go another industry as an SDR again which encourages me to learn the news skills as an AM now while the opportunity is here.

    Question: Is SDR->AM->AE okay or is it harder career path? If not possible or much harder to find a role, as I am keen to learn the skills anyway, am I right in thinking SDR->AM->SDR->AE will always be possible?

    submitted by /u/ImBadAtSales
    [link] [comments]

    Appointment setter email setup question

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    I am about to hire my first SDR/appointment setter. The position is just part-time and the person I am hiring is local, but they will be working remote from home. I will need to set this person up with a phone number and an email address but had a question on the email part of it..

    Pros: I was thinking of setting the new hire up with just a general email address because the sales cycle for my industry is long and I sometimes receive replys from prospects 6 months-1 year after I have sent them a cold email. Another reason is that this SDR position is part-time, and because of that I see the potential for higher turn-over and would hate to lose the chance for new business from a prospect replying to someone's direct email who no longer works here.

    Cons: The only con I can think of is that it might look better to have someone reaching out with cold emails from an email address with their name because it might look more personal.

    Should I set this new hire up with their own email address ("firstname.lastname@mybusiness.com") or set up a general email address ("sales@mybusiness.com") they can use?

    submitted by /u/Berghoff92
    [link] [comments]

    Growing a business is tough. Have 1-on-1 conversations with growth-marketers that sincerely want to help you grow.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    I started off my career as a software engineer. After working for about 6 years, I decided to try my hand in entrepreneurship.

    After building 6 solid products without much traction, I am slowly realizing that "**build it and they will come**" doesn't work.

    These days, I spend most of my time learning marketing and sales. I feel like marketing is becoming the new coding. In a world where building products is becoming easier every day, marketing is becoming more difficult. And more important.

    I started growthchat.co to learn how other people are growing their businesses. If you are a marketer, salesperson, or founder, let's connect at growthchat.co. we are 3,240 strong and 1-on-1 calls are happening every minute.

    submitted by /u/zackdaly1
    [link] [comments]

    My Sales Manager doesn't want me to use Sales Engagement tools. How do I convince him otherwise?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    I'll try to make this as concise as possible.

    I'm a BDR. My territory is central and west coast.

    In my first month, I've delivered 1 meeting, which was a small opportunity. The other BDR hired alongside me, who works in the Northeast, has delivered 13 meetings. I've talked to him, tried to understand his workflow, we're pretty much doing the exact same thing, only his inbound (MQL) leads from website visitors are much more responsive.

    My MQL leads range from college students downloading for a class, confused people who have no idea what my product is and have nothing to do with IT, and flaky consultants who are testing out a demo in their own home office for a client of maybe 10 users (too small to deliver to an AE).

    On top of all of this, my company has not fully integrated their Salesforce CRM to work with the SDR tools I need to do my job efficiently. Despite the fact that they are paying for tools like SalesLoft, Outreach, and automated lead sourcing tool. Prior to me arriving at this company, the SDRs were logging everything manually into Salesforce, and copying and pasting from word documents / creating templates in Outlook. My manager prefers that I work this way, and has slowly been restricting my access to SalesLoft, which is the primary tool I use to log calls and send emails.

    The only issue with SalesLoft is, as I mentioned, my company has not integrated the email tool to work with Salesforce, so even though the emails are sent out -- they aren't logged until I go in and manually enter them in the CRM.

    As for our automated sourcing tool, the leads being imported to my CRM are irrelevant titles. Maybe this is the nature of being an SDR, but it seems like a waste of time for me to be contacting people who aren't involved in network / system administration. If my solution isn't relevant to the people I'm calling, there's almost no chance they are going to refer me to someone who does handle it. And if I can't find someone with that title through what the sourcing tool has provided me, I'm up a creek without a paddle.

    Now, since my leads are total crap, my territory is in dire straits due to Covid, it doesn't seem to make sense why I would be restricted from access to tools to increase my outbound prospecting volume. I don't even have ZoomInfo to source phone numbers and emails, rendering SalesNav essentially useless outside of inmails.

    Is this typical of what anyone else here deals with? Is it worth disagreeing with my manager that copying and pasting emails from word documents all day is not going to help me be successful? He seems to believe that emails sent through SalesLoft will get sent into spam.

    What would you do in my position, assuming I want to stay at this company and work things out?

    submitted by /u/HarveyMcSon
    [link] [comments]

    Easiest/fastest way to get an SDR job

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:37 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, wanted to share with you the best way to get an SDR job. No experience necessary.

    I did this with zero sales experience, an irrelevant degree, and at a small no name school with a 90% acceptance rate.

    This stuff isn't really rocket science. Its not meant for the sales vet. So if you've been in sales a while, you wont learn anything new here (spoiler). This is more for the person who just discovered the SDR role and is struggling to get interviews.

    Sometimes I'll see SDR job postings with 500+ applicants and think to myself "do people really think this is the best way to get a job?"

    The SDR role isn't about "qualifications". It's about showing that you're a hustler whos money motivated but is also coachable.

    SO

    - Go on LinkedIn, search for SDR jobs.

    - Create a list of companies you'd be interested in working for

    - Do your research on the companies. Filter out companies that have a bad product, capped commission (unless you don't mind), poor promotion history etc.

    - Find the sales manager, or VP of sales. Shoot them a well thought out DM. The key is to make sure it's well thought out. How would a sales person reach out to a prospect? You reaching out via DM w/ a solid message and call to action shows you're already miles ahead of the people pressing the "apply now" button.

    (You could also find their email with Skrapp.io or something similar and shoot a cold email. I said DM just because that's mainly what I used)

    - Ask for a phone call

    More likely than not, they wont take a phone call with you. But I still ask every time because its a sales role we're applying to!

    BUT

    What they will do is introduce you to their TA team, which automatically puts you at the top of the list for interviews.

    Imagine going into your first interview from a referral from the VP of sales? What kind of advantage would that give you?

    And from there, you just have to kill the interviews. Interviews can be tough, but the fact that you cold DMed the VP of sales will give you a HUGE advantage.

    I did this for EVERY company I "applied" to. At one of my interviews, the VP of sales came into my interview with the SDR manager, shook my hand, and told me how impressed he was.

    Full transparency guys.. you're gonna get ignored A LOT. Statistically, majority of the DMs I sent were never read.

    But my logic was "If I send 200 DMs, I'll have a job" and I was right.

    That's the logic you should have too

    That basically covers it guys.

    The SDR role is fantastic. Its certainly a grind but the pay off is huge.

    If its something you're interested in, this is the template guys. Go do it!

    submitted by /u/BigMac197
    [link] [comments]

    Sales Manager Interview for Class Project (Need Help)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 12:11 AM PDT

    Hi posting this somewhat in desperation, basically I procrastinated for an assignment due on Oct 19th so I'm here looking to see if anyone can help me out. (This is kind of embarrassing lol )

    I'm looking for a sales force manager to interview (over Skype or whatever online method you would prefer to use.) Basically there's a bunch of preset questions related to your job that I need to research. I could e-mail these beforehand. I would only need about 30 minutes of your time and willing to pay for your time as well if you desire. This is kind of a hail mary, sorry if not supposed to post this here. Thanks for reading, have a good day!

    submitted by /u/mcbaevid
    [link] [comments]

    How do you sell when things aren’t “good”

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:03 PM PDT

    What's up guys! Hoping to get some perspective and advice here.

    So, probably isn't an industry specific issue- during COVID it's been disastrous for a lot of people in sales etc. I'm in finance so we have been open the whole year.

    During covid, things have been crazy and busy most of the year, but that caused us to become severely impacted, short staffed, etc.

    Service levels for the clients has been practically dismal compared to normal operations procedures; closing cycles have been doubled and tripled, and just general things are no longer simple. I know a lot of people in my industry specifically have been dealing with this, but now it seems we're specifically so far gone there's no light at the end of the tunnel. I am 100% commission so I "eat what I kill" but because of the situation, I can barely take on clients let alone feel comfortable doing so.

    I know the products and services are usually really good, but it's been a disaster for months now and I'm burning relationships with people that took years to foster over a single deal- pretty discouraged needless to say..

    So how are you guys doing? Any advice on how you are selling knowing things are not necessarily going well? Competition is cutthroat as ever in finance, so clients are easily pulled elsewhere when we aren't doing a good job..

    What's keeping you in the game and how ?

    Appreciate the feedback!

    submitted by /u/jadefinitelyfeeeel
    [link] [comments]

    "Sales honestly isn’t a career. You either burn out or around long enough to become a manager/trainer, etc. "

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:33 PM PDT

    Someone commented this on one of my threads and it got me thinking.

    Do you agree with this statement? Disagree?

    submitted by /u/horowitz_bernstein
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Sales Freelancers

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    Gist of this is that I sell websites, currently have more leads than we can manage ourselves. So we're looking for someone willing to take $200 per conversion. We have a sales call template and will provide you with a strategy. That being said all that we ask from you to do is mark who you've called, put your name on the referral form, and then email us your payment info and who you referred. Payment comes on conversion. Contracts available to guarantee that.

    submitted by /u/blazikenburner
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to try out sales part time?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    I want to go into SAAS sales but I'm honestly not sure if it's for me. I'm a bit of an introvert but I'm also super determined when I want to do something. I know I can learn how to sell but what I'm not sure about is whether I'll like it. Is there a way to try it out and see if it's for me? I'm willing to try anything just to get my feet wet and feel it out. I currently work as a software engineer making decent money so I'd like to not quit if possible.

    submitted by /u/ladidadi82
    [link] [comments]

    ADP or Paycom?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:21 PM PDT

    I have two offers from ADP and Paycom (after one year of looking for a new job..) and I'm wondering if anyone can provide any insight into the company culture and opportunities to move up in these companies/compensation? They both gave me their compensation structure, but from Glassdoor it seems like Paycom's can vary a lot just based on your territory and manager? I'm also a woman in her mid 20's if that makes any difference.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/throwaway12349222
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment