• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 3, 2020

    Remember, Grasshoppers, It's a marathon, not a sprint. small business

    Remember, Grasshoppers, It's a marathon, not a sprint. small business


    Remember, Grasshoppers, It's a marathon, not a sprint.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    That said, the elite marathoner runs his/her race at a very fast pace and pushes thru pain and distractions.

    submitted by /u/manwithavandotcom
    [link] [comments]

    Question about vehicle wrap

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    I have my pickup truck that I had before I formed my LLC and it's my primary work truck since I've been in business.

    Are there any liability issues with wrapping a vehicle with my business info while it's owned by me personally rather than my business?

    Located in US, Indiana if that makes an difference.

    submitted by /u/seriously_a
    [link] [comments]

    What do I Need to Hire My First Employee?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:44 PM PDT

    Hi, everyone!

    I recently started an LLC. I want to hire employees for my business, but, even after researching, I am still confused on where to start. I am a purely remote business based in New Jersey. I have not reached the nexus for my state for sales tax. What do I need for hiring my first employee? Is there a special process for remote workers? I am confused!

    submitted by /u/SnooStrawberries3445
    [link] [comments]

    Starting my own online webshop, I don’t know how to find vendors

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:56 AM PDT

    I live in Europe and I want to sell exotic beauty supplies online. Such as soap and argan oil. The products that I want to sell are only made in Morocco. I don't know how to find a good vendor that can sell me high quality beauty supplies. Does anyone here had experience with this?

    submitted by /u/peachyluigi99
    [link] [comments]

    J.P. Morgan's Single-Use Accounts (SUA)

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:32 PM PDT

    I received a generic letter from a client informing me that they are switching over to J.P. Morgan's Single-Use Accounts (SUA) platform for issuing payments to vendors. It doesn't give any details about how this program will work but says I will be contacted by J.P. Morgan in the near future to discuss enrollment.

    Previously, this client has paid by check. With about 30k (USD) worth of billing a year, I prefer this method because there are no fees.

    I'm a consultant and bill this client by the hour. I have no direct overhead costs for any of my clients.

    Has anyone else dealt with this program or have some more information about what fees, if any, I can expect?

    submitted by /u/EssTeeEeVeeEeEnEss
    [link] [comments]

    UPDATE: Started a Small Business During Covid

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 06:36 AM PDT

    Original Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/smallbusiness/comments/j2p5x7/started_a_small_business_during_covid/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

    Wow, thanks for all the support and comments and questions

    We just wanted to say hard work beats talent every single time!

    Yesterday a local publication emailed us and said they wanted to interview us!

    Our Interview is tomorrow.

    We are incredibly excited and just wanted to say to all the small businesses out there to never stop grinding. Momentum when in effect is an incredible thing.

    EDIT: Any tips for doing an interview as a business?

    submitted by /u/cpthegame
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! I flipped a property and just now at closing realized the property was personally under my name instead of my LLC.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    So basically, I bought a property to flip. I provided the hard money lender my personal information INCLUDING my business information. Signed documentation, got funded, etc.

    So I got the house, finished remodeling, and successfully got a buyer. At the closing, I noticed that none of my business information is on there.

    I contacted lender and they never added any of my business information (did not notice this when signing the lender information, was too excited about my first flip).

    My business provided the funds to acquire the property (spent about $60,000 total including remodeling costs).

    So now, I am going to be provided a 1099-S (Proceeds From Real Estate Transactions) and will have to report the sales price of the property.

    Now, the LLC is a partnership. The LLC provided ALL the funds to acquire, remodeling, and sell the property.

    How do I go about this? Lender and title can no longer change any information on any documentation since technically I personally bought the property (even though the LLC is the one that provided all the funds).

    So how do I go about this? Can the LLC report the 1099-s even though it has my personal tax information?

    submitted by /u/hoyeay
    [link] [comments]

    More Than 50 Thousand SMEs Receive Loans To Sustain Their Businesses During The Pandemic

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 12:52 AM PDT

    Since the beginning of the pandemic, more than 15 thousand small and medium-sized companies (SMEs) found an option in Mercado Pago to keep their businesses running and 7 out of 10 who applied for a loan did so through Mercado Crédito.

    submitted by /u/arminham1967
    [link] [comments]

    Learning the first time

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 03:07 AM PDT

    Hi, I've been wanting for so long to have my own business, it doesn't have to be big but fulfilling and can provide me financially in the long run. I was never a business guy before, so I have a plan to start to become a reseller of someone's product to learn about business.

    What do you think? Any advices?

    Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/basit342
    [link] [comments]

    Inventory real time sync for brick and mortar plus online

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:53 AM PDT

    Searched and can't seem to find a good solution.

    Brick and mortar store open 7 days a week, plus online sales. We use square and WooCommerce. The integration is pretty spotty and definitely not real time.

    We have large restocks 1-2 times weekly, and the products Available change often. Think produce, or cut flowers. Perishable and availability constantly fluctuates.

    Anyone have a setup like this with real time inventory from brick and mortar to website?

    We've started managing inventory in 2 places and only add what we have tons of stock of online. But it's a terrible and messy solution.

    submitted by /u/Forestoftheunicorn
    [link] [comments]

    Small business questions

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 06:52 PM PDT

    I have been pondering with creating my own business. I'd love to create a small boutique in which I would cater to infants (clothing, books, etc.,) and post-pregnancy/pregnancy essentials. I do know that there are millions of these boutiques, but my intention is to only utilize product from other insured, compliance following small-businesses and suppliers around me. Nothing from large, retail chains.

    I aim to set up in a community without many shopping options, to provide this service. My question, is what kind of insurance do you think I might need? I'm Canadian-Ontario if that helps.

    Would my suppliers all need insurance of their own as well? Also, what kind of loan from the bank do you reasonably see me needing to borrow? I know there is a lot to take into account, but I'm having a lot of struggles finding resources around me that can provide accurate information.

    Thank you, truly!

    submitted by /u/thatshortginge
    [link] [comments]

    Unexpected income - looking for high ROI investments in my business. What's the best business expense you've ever had?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:34 PM PDT

    I have a small business doing a particular type of process improvement. Typically, I make only about 40K/yr from it, and income from other sources. This year I'm forecasting nearly 100K in income.

    Since I didn't really see this coming, I'm now looking at this income, and at the related taxes (I'm a sole proprietor). I'm happy to pay it when it comes down to it, but I figure if there was ever a time to invest a bit into my business, now would be it. Both to grow my own business, and hopefully to support a few local smaller businesses too.

    I can't incorporate this year. Many of the expenses I could actually use (like a new laptop), I can't expense wholly this year (Canada - a laptop would be 50% expensed and 50% of that on the first year (which makes 25% of the total) - so maybe $250 - not enough to make a significant dent.
    So I'm wondering - what's a business investment you've made that was 100% worth it?

    submitted by /u/Extra_Negotiation
    [link] [comments]

    My first lesson

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    My first lesson so far in the few months my Etsy has been open :

    Don't cut corners, at least until you know how to successfully do so

    The kind of person I am means I want to start something, I assume it will go right and then I'll go for it. Not completely a bad thing if you have the confidence and tools.

    Now that I'm making sales I'm hoping for the best but looking back, it would have been ideal if I'd have thoroughly researched and thoroughly tested. Anything I did do was probably not as intense as it could have been. I know my habits outside of business so I should have worked on curving those before diving in.

    I could also be being too hard on myself because this is all new. Maybe you've experienced that as well. Being your biggest critic.

    submitted by /u/Baudilaire
    [link] [comments]

    Which credit card processor do you use?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    Which card processor company do you use? Are there any alternatives? I've heard many of them charge quite a bit.

    submitted by /u/gritsandbacon
    [link] [comments]

    What if I can build a Search Engine for business! No data will be lost! Refer back to all information at any time whenever you want. No more asking different departments for your answers. Imagine Google for your enterprise.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 01:24 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I am running a startup and I often find my team often asks me questions that I have no answer too. Although we discussed on the topics earlier. I feel that we loose valuable data over time and we have no way to store it.

    So, what if we build a system where all meeting details will be captured and then we can go through at any point of time and then build our own organisational Google.

    As, I am already running a text-analytics company I thought it can be done easily. So, here goes my wild imagination.

    1. Create a BOT that will join all the meeting platforms and record the meetings.
    2. Store the meeting data and retrive information, use NLP and AI to categorise the data.

    So do this, we have build the first version of the product -

    1. An AI-BOT that joins all the meetings on Google Meet, Zoom, Microsoft Teams.
    2. Action Items + Summary + Highlights + Decision Points + Questions + Metrics
    3. Full-Transcript + Speaker information.
    4. Meeting notes share functionality with others.

    This also servers as a personal NOTE taker. And I personally feel with this, we can save 30% of our daily work time.

    Eventually we can use this data as a Google for enterprises, do data will be lost and you can always refer back to all your information. In the future, we can build a search engine for your enterprise.

    If want to check out the first version of the application here is the link - www.rechord.ai

    We are in BETA, so if please excuse us if you will encounter any problem.

    submitted by /u/Snoo-38443
    [link] [comments]

    Feedback on my startup Idea

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 04:52 PM PDT

    Hey guys, i have been working over the past month on my startup idea, you can see the entire idea below, it would be really great if i could get some feedback on how you guys feel about the idea.

    Our Mission is to design a website and an app that will give students aspiring to study abroad a transparent and a convenient way to browse through various universities and see through the pros and cons of the courses they are aspiring to study in each university. Further, this will be a platform where prospective students will be able to interact with students already studying in various universities. We do this by partnering with different universities. We also match students with the option of the best 9 universities suited to them which we decide based upon not only their educational profile but also on interests like food habits, social life, climate, living costs and college fees. Furthermore, we aim to provide students with an in-depth analysis of the pre-requisites required for the courses in which they are interested in studying (This could be done by offering courses like python, mat lab etc learning which would make it easy for the students to follow their program of study). Furthermore, we aim to scale up this idea by providing language courses(if required) and also services like preparation for exams like ielts, gre , toefl, sat, gmat etc. Further more we aim to tailor specific services for specific countries, like in india the paperwork required to apply for universities specially in countries like US and Australia is not straightforward. So, we aim to make this process much easier. We intend to do this for each country specifically based on the particular problems faced by prospective students in that country. We do that as we scale.

    submitted by /u/davidsilva64
    [link] [comments]

    12 Acre lot inside the city

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 02:34 PM PDT

    I have recently purchased a house in a city with a population of roughly 250,000 and the house is sitting on 12 acres of land. The house and garage(s) occupy about 1-1.5 acres then there is roughly 6 acres of trees then finally the remaining ~5 acres of marshland, all quite level with a gentle grade to the marsh which lies at the back of the property. This land is about 5 minutes to the city center, mall, and university with 17k students. I would like to do something on this land to subsidize the mortgage and renos taking place on the house.

    I do have some cash available and I own another property closer to the university that is a rental currently.

    The lot is just over 200' wide and ~2600' feet deep. and there is an old freight car in the back a couple hundred feet from my house im considering turning into an airbnb, but im looking for other ideas, so, does anyone have an clever or outside the box ideas the make a small side hustle?

    I should add the city is not allowing subdividing the property at this time

    If anyone has an questions let me know and thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Natedog193
    [link] [comments]

    I’m worried my website/product doesn’t “pop” enough. Am I marketing correctly?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    Hey everyone! Just came across this subreddit, and as a lot of you know, the stress and sleepless nights shift quite a bit, but after finally getting over the year king hump of preparation and setting things up, I've launched my small business. I've used FB ads and although it says it's reached almost 1k people, almost no one has clicked on the link, and beyond that, no orders. I've been posting on social media's, reaching out to different companies trying to get a post on their page up, but it still seems like I'm stuck in the spot of waiting for the first order to come through. I guess my question is how should I market better.

    submitted by /u/zombipwnr45
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips advice please

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    Hi This will be a long text.

    I am an educator. I opened my own school when the district I worked with failed to recognized the value of neuroscience education. My school is based around that. I worked with kids with special needs. Many of these kids have been with me for years and it's time for them to strike out on their own. I am fiercely protective of my students because many people undervalue or underestimate their abilities. Especially the ones that are less verbal. And my kids are very kind and respectful people. I teach them this. But I also know that If I tried to set up some kind of job for them, there is a good chance that they might get a job coach that just ends up doing their job. My kids are also super just whatever about life. When it comes to people who don't know them. So they won't resist someone else doing their work. More time for them to just be.

    So I have decided I will laugh them small busisness. Where they make stickers or shirts.

    One student is a gifted artist. So I'm setting up a shop for him that will feature his art and his art will he turned into stickers. iPhone cases. Shirts etc. I got the cricut. His mom is super excited.

    One student is pretty non verbal but if you tell him information about someone and say can you find me a gift for them. He'll be able to come up with someone amazing. He had a real imagination. We got him a 3D printer

    And one other student is just a fun person. But also non verbal except for few phrases that are her own. She has a real flair. And I know she'll love making stickers and more. Her business will be her.

    Before I start anything I'm asking for any help. Any thing to look out for.

    I was going to start instagrams for all of them. With Shopify and possibly do some tik tok BTS for people.

    But really I don't know anything. I just know I want this for my kids. I never want them to lose their voice.

    submitted by /u/lyricreaux
    [link] [comments]

    New clothing brand in 2020

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    Hi, new to the subreddit. I am currently a UK entrepreneurship undergrad with a weird messed up situation caused by covid. Essentially, I've had a business idea since I was 17 (21 now) and finally found the niche that would bring customers. However like most young entrepreneurs, inexperience is something that could damage my business career in the long run. I very much have the mindset that I want to run this business with silent partners only as money and people never end well. Basically my point is, do you guys have any advice on new business start ups especially in clothing? Are there any experienced clothing line owners in this subreddit?

    submitted by /u/_Throwaway54_
    [link] [comments]

    Decent Insurance Policy Vendors for a Small Cyber Security Startup

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    Hello Folks,

    I am looking to start up my LLC as a Cyber Security Consulting firm, where I will be supporting potential clients in the Cyber Security realm. For right now, this will be a one man show. Most companies require you to have some type of errors and omissions insurance. I was wondering if any one knows any decent insurance companies that could sell me a decent plan without breaking the bank? I would like an insurance vendor that is easy to deal with, where i'm not jumping through a bunch of hoops to make contact with someone. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/thereaper20
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to get my financial house in order

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    I've been in business for just over a year. Sad to say I have paid ZERO taxes on anything. I'm working up a spreadsheet on all my business expenses, deductibles, gross income for the business, what I pay myself for a salary etc. Which is pretty much what's left after business expenses.

    At this point, my business is not profitable. Almost everything earned in the business after expenses is my salary. I'm trying to divide up percentages of use for business vs personal Like my home office which is 22% of my square footage. Cell phone, travel, etc. My main confusion right now is self-employment tax, SSI tax, and medicare.

    My business is an L.L.C. so I guess, technically my business is a separate entity than me. From what I gather I have to pay income tax on my salary, That's fine. I won't have any tax to pay on profit for my business since it isn't profitable yet. but I will have to pay my income taxes.

    What confuses me the most right now is the SSI and Medicare tax. Do I have to pay it twice, One for me and one for my business, then somehow deduct what I paid personally as a deduction. The internet is confusing switch information. And the IRS reads like greek.

    I started this business after a layoff and I'm building the plane as I'm flying it. Any information on how to figure this tax stuff out would be greatly appreciated. Explain it like I'm five while I browse YouTube. or if you have any links that can actually be understood would be great as well.

    ATT I can't afford an accountant.

    Thanks in advance. Confusedly yours Dijiwolf

    submitted by /u/Dijiwolf1975
    [link] [comments]

    Sanjuan’s Art

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    I am donating to breast cancer and want to promote my business some more. I wanted new customers ! [Sanjuan's Art ](www.sanjuansart.com)

    submitted by /u/sanjuansart
    [link] [comments]

    Timesheet and Expense Software / App Recommendations

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    Recently a coworker and I started our own engineering company after losing our previous jobs due to COVID reasons. We're doing well and growing so I want to make things more seamless and legitimate as I'm using excel to track everything right now. I'm hoping for recommendations on software and/or apps for timesheets and expense tracking / submitting.

    My requirements are as follows:

    • So far only 2 of us. Needs ability to expand employees.

    • Input time to various projects and project tasks.

    -Track and use bank time acquired from over time.

    -Track and use Vacation and sick time.

    -Submit expenses such as equipment purchases, travel, meals, vehicle mileage etc. and be able to attach receipts.

    -I DO NOT want to have to clock in or have a GEO fence. If it's included but not necessary for use that's fine.

    -Management review / acceptance

    If it also includes things like chargability and other metrics to track projects and employees that would be great. I'm hoping something like this exists for us as I'd like to get started with something now that we can grow with and not need to change in a year.

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/DidyKongRacing
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment