• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 15, 2020

    RANT: Admin work Sales and Selling

    RANT: Admin work Sales and Selling


    RANT: Admin work

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    I'm getting crushed by admin work. I'm so tired. Credit requests, billing errors, explanations, change orders, calls with buyers about process, and on and on.

    I miss the selling part of sales :(

    submitted by /u/SPQC
    [link] [comments]

    Why do most LinkedIn Sales Gurus have weak resumes and seemingly limited experience?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 08:52 PM PDT

    I'm in the Enterprise SaaS space so speaking from that POV. I get a lot of these Gurus offering sales advice mostly to the tune of "pick up the phone" "personalize your messaging" etc. nothing profound ever and with the exception of 1 guru who was at IBM for a few years none of them come from a true Enterprise B2B company (usually a few years here at there at some small companies). Maybe I'm just missing the boat, maybe the guru space is where the money is or maybe I'm not the target audience? But a lot of them claim "B2B SaaS Thought Leader" Then again what else is better than selling sales to sales people looking for THE number ONE to increase [insert generic sales metric].

    submitted by /u/churnin_buttah
    [link] [comments]

    Angie’s List is Hiring remote sales!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    Hi all :)

    I've been with AL just over a year and hands down it's the best job I've ever had. I'm hitting over $200k this year. We get a base plus commission. We get pto, amazing benefits, and you can work from home. We sell advertising on the website. If you have questions hit me up, here's my referral link for remote jobs:

    https://grnh.se/15c5ad082us

    PM me if you apply so I can fast track your app!

    submitted by /u/gemineye42
    [link] [comments]

    Always check name pronunciation

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 08:29 AM PDT

    This is seriously the easiest thing in the world to fix when cold calling or hopping on a call with someone for the first time.

    No matter the language or nationality, you can seriously just look it up and usually there's a YouTube recording of how to say the name.

    I've received three callbacks from insurance companies where I requested quotes where they pronounced my name wrong, and it's a fairly normal name that you'd hear/see on occasion. I even have a famous actor with my first name and it's still pronounced wrong!

    No gatekeeper is going to take you seriously or patch you through if you pronounce their name wrong. These are table steaks, team. End of rant. Happy selling

    submitted by /u/monchlar
    [link] [comments]

    I am not confident with cold calling and can use any pointers...

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    I am approaching 1 year in my advertising sales job for a TV station, and this is the first outside sales job I have had. I thought it would be a piece of cake for me to cold call people (its not).

    The training team really wants us to focus on calling with a Valid Business Reason and do some research before hand, or just call with a great hook that sounds like they should really want to meet with me. That is where I over complicate things and get in my own head that I cannot think of a good enough VBR to where I will sound qualified, and I just don't call. (BAD!!! Bad bad bad!)

    My station sales manager tells me what has worked for her for years is just a simple cold call greeting of "May I speak with the person who takes care of marketing decisions." "We work with many others in your industry to help them with meeting their goals through a strong marketing strategy and I want to see if we could do the same for you..." "When do you have available this week to where we can talk for about 30 minutes and see if I cant help you out as well..."

    So- I feel like I am torn between a solid VBR and a simple generic pitch. I am someone who naturally over complicates things and has major anxiety with every day things, which makes this task even more challenging for me. I want to succeed. I want to do well.

    What are some tips for me to succeed? What is a better way to go about pitching myself to get an appointment or two? What do I say!!!!????
    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/elleynads
    [link] [comments]

    Advice needed: Selling in Spain is harder than ever. What to do?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    I guess some of you are international users. Let me provide you more details:

    I'm starting up a digital marketing agency in Spain focused in making creative campaigns and influencer marketing. I have experience making them, but not selling them to prospects. Due to things in life, coronavirus put me in a tough situation, and now this is the only way I see to live.

    I'm kind of worried because time is passing, and my proposals are being discarded. Even people don't answer me. What would you do in my situation? I've tried different approaches, but seems none of then worked so far. I contact them through LinkedIn, their own website, cold calling, cold emailing, and even in person.

    The industries I try to approach are: gaming, online shops and grocerie stores.

    The message I usually send is something like this in LinkedIn:

    "hey there, this is Flipasqcanteo from X agency,

    We help businesses like yours grow their sales by making campaingns in social media. Here's an article about the latest tendencies in your sector and how it will impact in your situation.

    Keep in touch"

    All my strategies are from SNAP selling, as that's a B2B focused book, but doesn't work. Perhaps is the current situation in spain, but looks as an excuse for my incompetence.

    I would appreciate some feedback from outside, I know I'm doing something wrong but I don't see it.

    tl:dr: None of my selling strategies are working and I'm starting to have much anxiety.

    submitted by /u/Flipasqcanteo
    [link] [comments]

    Currently an RSM in SaaS - what’s next?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 08:53 AM PDT

    Right now I'm an RSM selling software to help companies manage their fleets. I joined the team right before the pandemic. Before this I spent 4-years building a book of a business in a transactional, high churn B2B industry. In my previous role I consistently ranked in the top 10-20% of 200-300 reps while also exceeding target. Before that I was an SDR for 18 months where I won the annual award for SDRs.

    My current comp plan puts me at about $115k at 100% of quota, which I have a fairly decent shot of hitting especially given the pandemic. This doesn't include another deal I turned over to a different RSM.

    I have it pretty cushy here especially after I helped break into a few strategic accounts, 3 pilots running simultaneously (more than the other RSMs who joined at the same time), & 1 waiting on a contract all within 7 months in a new industry. The drawback is that there's just not enough active prospects at any given time to support 4 RSMs. Even more so considering that 3-5 year contracts in our industry is incredibly common and one of our products is mandated by federal law.

    I should be happy here, especially considering how it's the polar opposite of my previous role with no micromanagement at all. But I'm bored, the OTE is low, & there's not enough opportunity in the market to keep me busy.

    I'm starting to look for other opportunities but I'm not sure what to do next. Maybe cyber security or big data? I'd like to move into true enterprise since I've already worked with a few fortune 100 companies. Or maybe consulting instead.

    What would you guys recommend I do next? Where should I go?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/gimmechimichangas
    [link] [comments]

    Is this normal at startups like mine or should I look elsewhere?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 08:16 AM PDT

    Hey all - I personally don't post much but I was curious on anyone's opinion on this - to make sure if I'm just making excuses of my thoughts are valid.

    Started out originally at one start up as a bdr and was eventually promoted to an AE when they let go of a bunch of people and got rid of the BDR role.

    Was in the AE role for 6 months until I was let go in another purge for truly unknown reasons (I was the only AE on the team to hit and exceed quota 2H)

    Interviewed a bunch for 3 months, and March roles around still no work and COVID is kicking up and some fear sets in.

    Eventually got some offers because I wasn't being considered for AE roles because I only had 6 months of closing experience, so I took another role as a BDR.

    The manager at the new company promised during the interview that we typically win more deals over a competitor who usually goes into bake-offs with us and they do fugazzi stuff to try and win deals (massively undercutting deals, badmouthing, etc)

    One other thing that was mentioned was due to my background I would be considered to a quick promotion in 3-4 months and the amount of opps coming through the door (making it sound easy)

    Took the job because I needed one and the product seemed more needed than the other offers, and knew covid was not gonna go anywhere....AND boom I was right. Covid hit us hard in NYC.

    Onboarding was horrendous which I try to give them the benefit of the doubt cause this is something we never had dealt with - but honestly didn't learn much.

    Months go by, and my outreach to prospects is going no where even though our product was actually NEEDED as it helped companies move from person-person interactions to digital ones.

    Some things I start to notice:

    • we are UK based, we would win and dominate Europe with a completely different use case (a need for GDPR)

    • US market thinks our product is cool, but it's a micro service, large finserv orgs mention they want the full platform rather than a point solution (they don't care about GDPR here rather than bottom line)

    • Marketing keeps pumping out UK based content that doesn't work for the US, so no strong case studies that the US cares about, really not much to work with

    • Leadership mentions they want to win the US, but product and marketing aren't moving fast enough to make the changes prospects ask for

    • Only 3 out of 10 US AEs hit quota, with most of em not making a single dime since they've joined

    • Only 1 BDR out of 5 in the US hit quota (we get awarded the same amount of "points"/payout whether we bring in a 10 person company opp that's potentially a 10k deal or a enterprise opp that's potentially at minimum 500k) this BDR does straight up automated work for only midmarket and below transactional accounts. I personally only do enterprise accounts of revenue of a billion and up (things move way SLOWER with these accounts)

    • quotas are increasing even though most bdrs are no where close to hitting quota

    With that all said, I've had 3 territories adjustments in 6 or so months here, and my direct manager was demoted to an SDR with a new global SDR director being hired without noticing they were getting themselves into when they came on.

    Really feel that I've been lied to since we are technically behind in product and marketing and prospects don't seem to care as much as I put efforts out there.

    Wondering if this is normal and things would adjust in any other startup, or should I start looking elsewhere now?

    submitted by /u/chasuhsan
    [link] [comments]

    Ride out job or look for a new one? Shitty boss flakes on every plan

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    So I've (23 y/o) worked for a pharmaceutical company for 7 months. I haven't met anyone that I work with in person, since it's all been remote and we meet weekly for zoom meetings. My boss has been planning trips to come down here to meet me, train me a bit, and just take a look at the territory and meet with some of the institutions I've been in the works with.

    Every time he makes plans he will message me the day of, or night before, to let me know he can't make it. It's literally gotten to the point where I just kind of smirk because I know he's going to come up with some BS reasoning for why he can't come, and have started placing bets with my gf and family on what his next excuse will be.

    It has gone from airlines canceled flight due to COVID, wife is sick, child got COVID exposure during day care, my ID got stolen out of my truck, etc. They're just absolute BS excuses that he literally waits the day of to tell me when I schedule meetings with large companies that he asked me to, to meet with them. It's gotten to the point where I fear it's hurting my chances because these businesses probably get the idea that we're unprepared, or unreliable. He has literally canceled the day of with the largest consumer in the US of our product, 5 times, twice in the past 2 weeks.

    My question is I'm making a fairly decent amount on salary, and have gotten some business on my own. I don't necessarily need his help to succeed or need him to help me out, I think I've managed to do well all on my own. My question is whether or not I should just keep riding this out and getting paid as long as I can, or just jump ship some where else? I feel like having a solid leadership, mentor and boss would provide large benefits and help me, but I feel like I can't rely on him to help me at all. Often times he takes 3-4 hours to reply to a text, or won't ever reply.

    Would you advise me to ride it out during covid, or should I try to jump ship and join somewhere else?

    submitted by /u/615huncho615
    [link] [comments]

    Any of you in Fintech?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    Interested to see if I have any fellow fintech sales guys here. I'm actually a Sales Engineer within fintech. Figured it wouldn't hurt potentially network with a few of you.

    submitted by /u/osscie39
    [link] [comments]

    Fall From Grace: From Multiple VP of SaaS Sales offers pre COVID to barely getting interviews for AE roles. What should I do?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    Background: spent 8 years in management and strategy consulting, then 2 years in IT consulting Made the transition into sales with 2 years as a sales engineer, and about 4 years as a Sales Director at two early stage startups.

    2020 started off as a phenomenal year- planned to get married, destroyed my Q1 quota as an RSD at a SaaS startup for utilities, and bought a house.

    To top that off, I was offered VP of Sales at my company at the time, and a VP role at another company an earlier in the year. I turned both offers down because of the wedding, new house, and extremely healthy pipeline I spent a year building from scratch.

    COVID hits in April- wedding cancelled and I along with the entire sales team was laid off (even though no deals were cancelled and the company was flush with cash).

    I networked my ass off and landed another Director role at a small traffic safety software and consulting firm with an old colleague. Way less pay but at least it was something. Come to find the long term opportunity just isn't there, so I'm on the hunt again.

    It's been such an uphill battle. Applying for Director and AE positions, but barely getting anywhere. Very few interviews, many rejections. Taken the following steps:

    • Leveraging my network, but in all honesty it hasn't been helpful since everyone's in a holding pattern
    • Joined Revenue Collective which has put me in touch with some new people, but has only translated to one interview so far
    • Constantly retooling and rewriting my resume and cover letters, customizing each one for each application
    • Wrote a SaaS Sales Playbook demonstrating all my knowledge in building and scaling revenue for startups
    • Connecting with recruiters, who've all said I'm one of the better candidates they've seen, but don't have anything right now
    • Contacting VP's of Sales with customized outreach to start a conversation

    I think the biggest knocks against me are weak network, no name brand startup experience, and in that weird purgatory between AE and VP.

    Any tips or advice? Anything else I could be doing? Should I just wait this out or keep grinding away?

    submitted by /u/duffduffxx
    [link] [comments]

    Backing out of a sale to make more money on another offer?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    I'm moving next weekend, and I'm just throwing all of my belongings in my car and going. I've decided to sell some of my old stuff to decrease the clutter I have to deal with and make some money that I need right now. I've decided to try out selling on Facebook Marketplace instead of Craigslist, which I've never done before.

    Last night someone showed interest in buying quite a few video games in agreement to the listed price of $10 each but wouldn't be able to pick up until late tomorrow. This morning I woke up to another buyer interested in buying all of the games. I told them I already had someone else interested in the games. Then the second buyer offered double the listed price and he would come pick them up now.

    As someone just trying to get rid of things and needing the extra cash, I decided to break my first sale and second buyer came, got the games, and paid double.

    But now I feel like scum.

    When selling in places like craigslist or Facebook marketplace or other similar places, what's the best way to approach this type of situation? Do you have any experiences like this?

    submitted by /u/deypglez
    [link] [comments]

    SaaS sales Vs Ad sales

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    Guys I'm an enterprise AE selling a SaaS platform remotely (inside sales) for close to 2 years with a startup.

    I'm curious to learn about ad sales (Amazon, Google etc) and what you think about the opportunity. Would be great to know if someone's moved between the two worlds as well. I'm interested to understand how it's different from SaaS and thoughts on the scope etc

    submitted by /u/govindvp91
    [link] [comments]

    Just fucked up an interview for fumbling the question "describe a time you recieved push back from a customer and how did you overcome it"

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    I'm in sales!!!! How do i fumble this question!! And the worst part is I cant even think specifically how I can put this into words!

    submitted by /u/alljobs11
    [link] [comments]

    Alternatives to Lusha?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    Hey folks,

    I've been using Lusha for a year and I like it. (For those who don't know: It's a Chrome browser plugin that will find emails and direct dials for LinkedIn profile pages.)

    However, sometimes its database isn't as big as I like.

    Are there any similar apps I should check out?

    submitted by /u/justshowingup
    [link] [comments]

    Marketing available for home services

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    Hey sales!!

    I'm a top rep at Angie's List. I'm happy to help anyone who needs a bit of a boost (especially from Covid) in home services for the coming season. Don't let winter destroy your pipeline! We still have tons of traffic (this year has been craaaaazy) and can hook you up.

    I won't set anyone up without at least a 10:1 ROI. Let me run numbers for you! Hit me up: Morgan.brown@angieslist.com

    Our top categories for this season are: roofing, remodel, electrical, plumbing, hvac, paint, chimney!

    submitted by /u/gemineye42
    [link] [comments]

    Different sales conversion rate calculation methods?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    Hi guys

    I was wondering if you can help me out understanding the benefits of different conversion rates in my sales funnel.

    Little background:I have a sales funnel with 4 stages (Incoming contacts, met contacts, won contacts & lost contacts).

    Currently I have defined 3 different ways of measuring a conversion rate:

    • Closed conversion 1

      • Taking all closed contacts (=all won + lost contacts)
        • Calculation: Won contacts divided by closed contacts (regardless of the incoming date - so the contact could have been created in 2017 but got converted to won in 2020)
        • Example: 10/100 = 10%
    • Open conversion 2 - Taking all contacts in pipeline (without lost contacts) within a certain time frame

      • Calculation:
        • Conversion Incoming to won contacts: Won contacts divided by incoming contacts
        • Conversion Met contacts to won contacts: Won contacts divided by Met contacts divided
      • Example: 100 incoming contacts, 50 met contacts,10 won contacts within last 90 days
        • Inc to won: 10/100 = 10% (only contacts that came in within the last 90 days AND we met within the last 90 days)
        • Met to won: 10/50 = 20% (only contacts that we met within the last 90 days AND we won within the last 90 days)
    • Open conversion 3 - Taking all contacts in pipeline (without lost contacts) within a certain time frame

      • Calculation: Incoming to met to won contacts within a certain time frame
      • Example: Inc to met to won (100 incoming contacts, 50 met contacts,10 won contacts within last 90 days). It's basically the same as Open conversion 2 but would only consider contacts that came in AND we met AND we won within the last 90 days)

    I'm struggling to decide which method I should choose.

    Thanks for your feedback.

    submitted by /u/k4_led
    [link] [comments]

    Those of you who never thought you’d end up in sales

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 09:34 PM PDT

    How did you end up there anyways?

    submitted by /u/Permatheus
    [link] [comments]

    Help with sales aggression!!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    I'm trying to work on my aggression as a salesperson. I'm converting from a customer service rep. In this position, I primarily waited for clients to respond However, this method has been causing me to miss a lot of sales opportunities.

    I'm trying to sell a Saas product, what are some tactics anyone can recommend when trying to get a client to commit to a sales dates? For example, if a client says we can't pick this up until q1. What should I send to keep the deal alive and in their mind?

    submitted by /u/zeta2012
    [link] [comments]

    Christmas Gifts

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    Every year my company has a list of gifts we can give to our clients as a thank you for the year. Only thing is this list is usually pretty crappy and honestly embarrassing quality when giving these out. My boss said it's OK if I forego the usual gift list this year and purchase actual gifts.

    What do you guys give your clients as an end of year thank you besides a bottle of booze lol.

    submitted by /u/Makalaman004
    [link] [comments]

    MPS at Stryker

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    Anyone an Mako Product Specialist at Stryker and could offer a little insight into what the typical work schedule is?

    submitted by /u/understood_pasta1
    [link] [comments]

    Tech events in 2020: let’s partner up

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    A lot of the best tech conferences will be conducted online this year. It is a good opportunity to find new ways of making useful connections and learning from the best in the industry at these events. Do you plan to attend some of them?

    Here is the list of biggest events in October-December. Let me know if you are planning to be there. Let's see each other online and discuss our partnership possibilities.

    submitted by /u/followthewhitechaos
    [link] [comments]

    3% of revenue too low

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 06:05 AM PDT

    Curious if my comp plan is weak. I sell technical consulting and development services as a Sr. AE. I get 10% of GP on my deals, and GP is always 30%, so I essentially earn 3% of revenue sold. From some searching this seems low comparatively speaking but I cannot find a lot of data. Looking for input and/or resources please.

    I am on target to sell $2.8M in services revenue.

    Tyia!

    submitted by /u/qcm171513
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment