• Breaking News

    Monday, October 12, 2020

    Promote your business, week of October 12, 2020 small business

    Promote your business, week of October 12, 2020 small business


    Promote your business, week of October 12, 2020

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    Post business promotion messages here including special offers especially if you cater to small business.

    Note: To prevent your messages from being flagged by the autofilter, don't use shortened URLs.

    submitted by /u/Charice
    [link] [comments]

    Could I legally offer my employees either health insurance, or a flat year end bonus, or a bonus equal to the avg cost of the business contribution to all employees who have health insurance?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    See title

    submitted by /u/Frumpagumpus
    [link] [comments]

    How to handle shoplifters in brick and mortar store?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    We have a brick and mortar store in a mall and we seem to have developed a reputation as being easy to steal from it something. We have been noticing and catching more and more kids shoplifting.

    We catch them and call mall security and the cops if we can. But it doesn't seem to make much difference. Kids get a talking to. Maybe parents come down on them. But it's just a cycle.

    I have half a mind to put up a wall of shame and publicly mark these kids. But that's a) unprofessional and b) probably flirting with legality given that many are minors.

    I'm just frustrated. The cumulative impact of these $5-$30 thefts really adds up.

    submitted by /u/ThroughTheEsses
    [link] [comments]

    My simple ways to a better business environment.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 09:12 AM PDT

    1- No biased based on hiring. 2- Give employees space to breathe. 3- Give Support when needed. 4- Remember without people there won't be a business.

    What would you add?

    submitted by /u/Sujita_G
    [link] [comments]

    Single-member LLC: is it better to get individual or small business health insurance?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    It's just about time to renew my health insurance and I was wondering if it would be lower cost to have my LLC buy the health insurance?

    Right now I'm taxed as a sole proprietor so I wouldn't be eligible, but starting next year I will elect to be taxed as an S Corp and pay myself a W-2 salary.

    Will that make me eligible to buy small business health insurance, and if yes is it lower cost overall than individual?

    submitted by /u/Asatsuki
    [link] [comments]

    Where do I start?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:25 PM PDT

    Hello everyone. I hope your day is going well. I would like some advice on where to start with my new business. Let me give you a background.

    I am a therapist and have been in the field for a long time. My friend and I want to start our own therapy office. We figured out all the "fun" stuff like name, consumers, credentialing etc. We both know the business from the inside pretty well and both have been in leadership roles for a good bit. But we have no idea how start our own agency. What insurances do we need? What do we need to learn about taxes? What about accounting? Do we write a business plan? How do we learn that? Do we need a loan?

    We have the opportunity to create this while we are both working elsewhere and we want to be as prepared and as successful as we possibly could.

    Any advice, articles, trainings and any other advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Psy_chai
    [link] [comments]

    What to do if I co-mingled my personal and business money

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 03:18 AM PDT

    Looking for advice. I operated as a sole proprietorship for about a year, then formed an LLC. As a naive rookie, I used my personal credit card to buy business items (but added only those business items to my business quickbooks) and one of my incomes fed into a personal account. What should I do? Should I make a new LLC and keep things clean from the start? I realize this pierces the corporate veil and opens up some new risk. I am not concerned about the accounting side because I have not written off any personal items on my business taxes, nor have I used my business card to pay for personal stuff. I am just worried about the liability. If I stop these habits now, can the corporate veil ever recover, or is my business forever tarnished legally?

    submitted by /u/bobcoolpants1243
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone here run a hiking and camping travel business? Researching starting one and would love to know what issues I need to think about.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    I'm in the exploration stage of a group hiking/adventure travel company. I would set up day trips and possibly weekend trips for groups of people who want to hike and camp who live in my city of are visiting. Looking for any kind of insight. This would be a part time business. I would imagine starting with 20 day trip hikes and 6 weekend trips. Hoping to get groups of 8-12 people per trip.

    submitted by /u/jeb7516
    [link] [comments]

    Weebly, squarespace or Wix?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 01:22 AM PDT

    Hi! I'm starting up an online subscription box business and not sure which e-commerce plan is most worth it! They're all quite pricy but I'm hoping it'll be a good investment, any advice?

    submitted by /u/badbitch599
    [link] [comments]

    Sourcing various clothing to compare?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 01:10 AM PDT

    Hey, I just want to know where to start sourcing hoodies from various places to compare quality and fit.

    I'm looking for something more premium than Gildan, Hanes or those other generic brands.

    Thank you for your time <3

    EDIT: In case I wasn't clear, I was looking for blank clothing (no design) so that I can do the sew in the design myself

    submitted by /u/sadgasm98
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else experience this?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    More of a rant than anything, I guess.

    So I own an IT service company (MSP for those in the industry) and I feel like my family sometimes doesn't take it seriously.

    Like my mother in law will send me job postings or tag me in job openings she sees on Facebook.

    I usually either ignore her or say I don't really have time for that and she always seems kind of dumbfounded. Like she doesn't understand that my business is supporting my family.

    She thinks I don't work at all just because I don't work a normal 40 hour week and punch a clock at a job I hate like she has her whole life.

    Anyone else have people in their life that think your legitimate, money making business is some sort of imaginary pipe dream? Drives me nuts.

    submitted by /u/seriously_a
    [link] [comments]

    Starting a business

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 09:34 PM PDT

    Hi guys, I just got the idea of starting a business of my own but I don't know where to start. All I have is an idea of what I want it to be. It involves food and I know I have to do something extra for that. I'm probably too young to start a business but I figured there was no harm in doing sone research on it now. If any of you have any advice, that would be great. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/____lamp
    [link] [comments]

    How to source specially designed baby clothes using my own designs?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    A bit of a background for myself, I am a 24 year old single mother of 3 children ranging from 5 to 3 months old. I graduated in 2018 and I am currently working as a legal sectary (but I am on maternity leave) I own another small business selling custom designed prints, invites, party accessories etc which provides me with a small income so I have some (but limited) knowledge about business. My day job is not my passion and I am extremely passionate about this business idea and would love for it to work to provide a better living for my children and I. I would appreciate any advice.

    Right now this is just an idea that I have been dreaming about for 5 years, but I have finally decided to try and achieve it. I am in the UK and there is a huge gap in the market for premature baby clothing and accessories. There are a number of shops who sell premature baby clothes, but the designs are often basic (neutral) and a VERY limited range. They are not "pretty" and don't typically look like clothes you would want for a baby, but your options are limited if you have a small baby so you end up buying them anyway. Also a lot of these clothes aren't in small enough sizes and you're left dressing your baby in clothes that are too big for him/her. I have had 3 premature babies (33 weeks, 24 weeks, and 30 weeks) they ranged in weight from 1lbs-5lbs. This is how I have noticed the gap in the market and I have lots of experience with premature babies.

    What I want to do is start a premature baby clothing company focused on selling clothes that are affordable, fashionable and practicable. I will also have a charity element to my business, donating a portion of profits to baby loss charities.

    I have created strong branding and purchased a domain already, but for now this is all I can do and it very much remains a dream as of now. I have created some paper products for premature babies (such as milestone cards) which im selling through Etsy and they're doing very well, however I would bring these to my website when I start it.

    I need advice regarding sourcing the clothing. I have some money to put towards it, however I have no idea if its enough. Im also able to sew quite well - I have thought about creating the clothes myself but if the business takes off, I wouldn't be able to make large quantities alone from my sewing machine. So I am looking in to purchasing wholesale from china. However, these would need to be custom designs as I can't find any on the wholesale websites that are suitable. It is very hard to dress premature babies as more often than not, they have at least 3 wires attached to them at all times. This means that the outfits need to open up fully with poppers all around so you can dress them without removing the wires. I would also want my own custom patterns on the clothing. How would I design these to send to the suppliers? Would it be as simple as drawing a picture and explaining to the supplier what I want? I have all the sizing measurements already. I would be stocking 4 different sizes.

    In addition to the above, I would also like advice on whether it is better to make and sew these myself or if wholesale is the way to go. I assume if it took off and I had large order quantities with me making them myself, I could employ a seamstress (or several) to help?

    submitted by /u/Mangovanilla1
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to Avoid a Lawsuit...

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    My wife just bought a yoga studio. The pst owner used Spotify for music during classes. About a week before he sold it, he got an official letter from one of the music publishers about copyright infringement.

    Long story short- it is classified as a public performance, and you have to pay for licensing.

    I'm trying to find some solutions- any specific services where we can pick music from?

    submitted by /u/wbrady75565
    [link] [comments]

    $2000 investment ideas

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    Hello guys! I am an online hustler and have managed to earn $2000 from scratch. Now I am thinking to invest my money into some business. If you could share me your thoughts about how you would go if you were in my place then that would be great. ☺️ Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Potatodollar
    [link] [comments]

    Using a registered agent service will remove my personal name/address from the public state LLC lookup page, right?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    And it will replace it with the RA service's office name/address?

    Sorry, young+new business owner here. I used my name and address as the registered agent, but I'd prefer to not have my personal info public like this.

    I want to provide open proof of LLC registration for my online e-commerce business, due to so many retail scams on Shopify these days. So I was thinking I'd link to the public LLC webpage for my state, but I just don't want my personal name+address out in the open like this.

    All I need is the basic $99 Zenbusiness RA service, right? https://www.zenbusiness.com/r/register-cora/purchase-plan

    submitted by /u/mewefa
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions needed - Looking to purchase a cash counter and sorter machine

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    My dad owns a cash-only restaurant and spends quite a bit of time each night sorting and counting the cash. I thought I would surprise him on Christmas with a machine that sorts the bills to all go the same way and counts. Any suggestions? Open to new and used

    submitted by /u/activecat1
    [link] [comments]

    Taxes!

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 03:10 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a book on doing taxes for a small business or just generally a book on accounting that relates to running a small business.

    submitted by /u/crampsandwich
    [link] [comments]

    Can you ship lip balm in an envelope?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    I'm thinking of selling lip balm but I don't know how shipping works, I heard that shipping in an envelope is cheaper than a box but I don't think that you're allowed to ship lip balm in an envelope and also how much does shipping from Canada to the US cost for something like lip balm?

    submitted by /u/DecaffeinatedTanya
    [link] [comments]

    How to start selling my artwork?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    Hi! So, I used to take digital art commissions occasionally and the marketing was mostly through word of mouth & tumblr. That was a few years ago now, and I am now focusing on traditional media, pencil drawings + coloring with markers and posca pens.

    I have an etsy shop and redbubble with some of my old work, which do sell occasionally, but I don't know how to market my work now. Here's the kinds of stuff I'm drawing. I just don't know what to do. Do I make my own website now? Do I wait until I have more pieces? Do I sell only the originals or also scan them so I can make copies or put them on redbubble or similar if I ever want to?

    I am just so lost. I HATE the business side of things but I need to make money somehow!

    submitted by /u/eritated
    [link] [comments]

    How do I figure out state requirements to start my Car Detailing business?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    I want to start my own mobile car detailing business. I found a few - I'll establish an LLC and register with the department of revenue.

    But some of my friends are saying I'll still need a business location even if its a mobile business. Where can I find a list of all requirements specifically for starting a Mobile Car Detailing business in Wisconsin?

    submitted by /u/shittyusernamee
    [link] [comments]

    Starting a new business

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    so during quarantine I thought of the idea to start a business that incorporates my own brand, Retro Clothing and Vinyl under one roof. due to me still being in school (im 17) its hard for me to go out and make money to make this happen. so i just have a couple questions

    1. I cant think of a name at all, does anyone have any good name ideas or good tips on how to find a good name
    2. what should i do when i start the business?
    3. what are good ways to get the words out there

    Will Respond to all comments as soon as i can

    cheers

    submitted by /u/FS1874
    [link] [comments]

    Grocery sourcing

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    I am opening a small grocery store up and am having alot of issues with sourcing groceries, I have signed up with multiple wholesalers but only one has allowed me and account and the selection is quite limited. My question is what should i do to secure produce? And what have you done to secure produce?

    submitted by /u/callsfromtheabyss
    [link] [comments]

    Provide Your BRUTALLY Honest Critique of Our Company Website Part2

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    This subreddit has been very helpful in giving us feedback in building out our site in the past. As we move toward the end of 2020, we have added new services to our business and have revamped our website to reflect a new/modern feel.

    We would appreciate your brutally honest critique of our site. ALL feedback will be considered into he final version of the site.

    Thank you in advance!

    www.kassatrade.com

    submitted by /u/kassatrade
    [link] [comments]

    Question about wholesale & licenses

    Posted: 11 Oct 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    If a wholesaler is selling shirts with logos on them that they have the licenses for, are you allowed to resell them, or do you also need your own licenses for the shirts as well?

    submitted by /u/gypsyhearted
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment