• Breaking News

    Friday, October 9, 2020

    [Pennsylvania] failed underwriter job assessment Insurance

    [Pennsylvania] failed underwriter job assessment Insurance


    [Pennsylvania] failed underwriter job assessment

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    I completed a test provided by a potential employer and failed miserably 63%. The job was for a PL underwriter position. My issue is the test was mostly claims based questions. For example, if this "type" of accident occurs will your renters, homeowners, auto provide coverage? I worked for two major carriers and we were not to answer these type of questions due to variables involved. Underwriters were required to pass off to claims as soon as we knew there was a claim involved. We could answer basic questions like dog breed exclusions, type of eligible business exposures on premises, inspection results, etc. This test had nothing risk related or underwriting task related. It took me two hours to complete and now I am just flat out frustrated. Should I say something regarding the questions not relating to an underwriter's job function? Your thoughts on claim determination questions on an underwriting test?

    submitted by /u/ImpressiveSuspect8
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance jobs that have flexible hours for a disabled person?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    Hey all! I'm not sure if this is the right place to put it, but recently this year i was diagnosed with a moderate to advance form of heart failure. I've found myself getting tired a lot. I need longer periods to recover.

    Is having a part time job a myth in the insurance world? I'm seeking a 25-32 hour a week job. I'm fine with getting a paycut in accordance to hours.

    I also have a degree in Finance with a focus in risk management, but only 2 years of customer service experience in a fast pace western union/check cashing shop.

    Thank you for any help :)

    submitted by /u/Tangentkoala
    [link] [comments]

    Rental property claim

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:48 AM PDT

    Hello fellow redditors. I have a question regarding the process of rental insurance claim.

    Couple days ago my tenant had his broken vehicle towed. The towing truck is heavy and caused a huge dent in the drive way. The truck driver told my tenant to follow up with him about this incident later. Now days have passed he is completely ignoring our calls. I do have some photos taken before the driver left and his first name and company info. What can I do now beside filing a claim using my own policy?

    submitted by /u/banzaiklaus
    [link] [comments]

    Car insurance help in Ontario Canada

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 11:25 PM PDT

    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this or if it will even be seen but here goes nothing.

    Also yes I'm using a throwaway just cause you never know who might see this.

    My family has two cars, the family van which is a 2008 Honda oddesey and a recently required 2005 Honda Civic which originally belonged to my grandparents and was transferred over to my mum as an early birthday gift for me but here's the problem I recently received my G2 drivers licence and am now eligible to drive by myself but the insurance company wants to charge my family ~$850 dollars a month for both cars because I'm a male under 25, and my mum and I being the only two licensed drivers, she can't be put as the primary driver for both cars and my dad doesn't drive so I can't be put under his name as the secondary driver which is leading to the crazy high insurance so my question is could we put it back under my grandparents name (or any other family members name) and just have me drive it around even though they live about an hour from us or would this fall under insurance fraud if I got into some kind of accident?

    tl;dr: can we put a car under another family members name and insurance (who doesn't live with us) while I drive it or is it bordering on fraud?

    I'd be happy to answer more questions or clarify anything to the best of my ability because I know it's a bit confusing the way I typed it. And any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Consistent_Ad4094
    [link] [comments]

    Ran over downed wire from another car accident

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:43 PM PDT

    Earlier tonight I was driving on a dark highway and didn't see a downed wire that was the result of another car hitting the pole on the opposite side of the highway (driver fled). My car ended up spinning out and I have about 1500$ in damage.

    Is it worth going to my insurance. I had a police report filed but have not contacted them yet. I hope that this would at the very least go under uninsured motorist or comprehensive?

    submitted by /u/agitated_pessimist1
    [link] [comments]

    Auto insurance check me and to body shop?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:31 PM PDT

    I had an insurance claim and they sent out a 2 party check to me and the body shop after I found out the estimate that my insurance made I decided to pay cash to the body shop and got my repairs done which was $4k And the shop said once I receive the check that they are willing to sign over the check to me because it says me and my body shop name on the check, so I can cash it and keep the money. Is that ok to do?

    submitted by /u/Hernandez_sgv2
    [link] [comments]

    2 at fault car accidents

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:21 PM PDT

    Hi so my first car accident was august 24th of 2020. My second one being October of 2020. But were my fault and I'm under my parents insurance. I already know the consequences and no I wasn't on my phone, drunk or not paying attention, it's a long story. Insurance is probably going to drop me but I have a question. I live in Florida. I'm 19, female and I'm a college student. Transportation is a pain here and Uber is expensive. I already knew where I went wrong and I'm reflecting on my mistakes. Is there any other way of transportation that I can rely on? I want to get a motorcycle endorsement and practice till I'm comfortable on the road but honestly now that I'm thinking about it, it's really scary. I'm drowning in debt and like I said Uber is crazy expensive. Any advice? My dad refuses to let me drive till insurance is settled and we wait a year for things to slow down.

    submitted by /u/Joylalala520
    [link] [comments]

    What type of insurance do i need for zip car rental for a couple hours?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    Live in a major city so no need for a car so don't already have any type of car insurance. What type of insurance do i need to protect against the major claims (> 100k damage to property/death/other cars etc). (aka the non fender bender types of accidents)

    I already have the 9$ zipcar insurance.

    usa/wa/seattle

    submitted by /u/This_Wrangler
    [link] [comments]

    CPCU Certification

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    I saw The Institutes had a CPCU Course/Exams but their ratings were extremely low at least for the online 500 Course. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to go?

    Also, I'm not a member of Insurance professional so I'm unable to post in that sub

    submitted by /u/JiraiyaKun
    [link] [comments]

    Reporting an accident, no claim?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    Hi there!

    I was talking to my family and this question came up, what happens if you report an accident to your insurance, but choose not to file a claim? Do your premiums go up? Does it just depend on the kind of accident?

    I live in Oregon, but I'm also curious to know what it's like in other states.

    submitted by /u/missnomad
    [link] [comments]

    A tree fell on my car at the mechanics what should I expect?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    A tree fell on my mom's car last night during a bad storm, will the mechanic's insurance kick it back to us or will they pay? Her car is high milage so only has basic coverage. To complicate things it is possible that the tree was not on the mechanic's property but rather the neighbor's property.

    Edit: I am located in Massachusetts, US.

    submitted by /u/Animallover4321
    [link] [comments]

    Best Insurance Certifications for a Consultant? (not insurance license)

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    Hi, I am a consultant with some insurance clients. I would like to get some certifications to make myself more knowledgable about the industry, that also don't take a long time to get (6 months or less):

    • Do AINS or CPCU take long to achieve?

    • Are there any others you would recommend?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/IIgolddoubloons
    [link] [comments]

    What Am Liable For?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    I'm from Illinois, had an accident this Tuesday October 6th with a person insured with Allstate, I was making a left turn, she ran a red light and scuffed the bumper of my car, looks like less than $1000 in damage. I had dashcam video of the accident and proof she ran a red, at first the adjuster jerked me around, then a few hours later he calls and says they are accepting liability, but only 70%. Because he was rude the last call I asked to speak with his supervisor, the supervisor just called a few minutes ago and he bumped up the liability to 75% on their end. I'm starting to come to terms with just accepting the 25% liability on my part. I know I have to cover 25% of my repairs, my question is do I have to cover any of the repairs from the other party that has 75% liability. Since I'm confident that what I have to pay in repairs for my car will be a lot less than my deductible I'm choosing to not go through my insurance at all, but the damage on the other car involved a broken headlight and a damaged front bumper and I know the headlight for the car I hit is $600 by itself without labor and shop fee's. Just want to know if I'm responsible for 25% of the other party's repairs? or if the Modified Comparative Negligence law in Illinois also extends to vehicle damage? and should I keep fighting for liability from their end?

    TL:DR Other party's insurance is taking 75% liability, am I liable for 25% of the repairs of the other party's car? should I keep fighting for more liability from their end?

    submitted by /u/TheBasedJuan
    [link] [comments]

    Denied claim despite adjuster

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    Hello all

    My wife and I are selling our house (and have since moved). In July, we had a full asking price offer fall through because 2 independent roofers stated we had roof damage and required a replacement prior to closing. Both roofers said it will easily be covered by insurance. Our insurance adjuster canceled twice because of 'weather' and refused to meet with either of the roofers due to CoVID. The second weather event upset me because it was a very sunny day, and the adjuster had claimed he would contact me that night regarding rescheduling. I had to push back closing because of this, so I contacted him that night. He was clearly at a bar or a very crowded social area. I contacted our insurance company both documenting that neither day had any chance of rain or clouds. I requested a separate adjuster and ended up having this individual out. The separate adjuster claimed our roof was sufficient and denied the claim. The adjuster also estimated the roofing damage was from 2006 (????) despite us having a roofer assess the roof when we bought it (2015). We said okay, and we relisted.

    We have now dropped the asking price and are on separate offer. The roof was inspected by now a third roofer who also stated that we had roofing damages requiring a new roof. We are now working with our insurance for a second adjuster to meet with this third roofer. The insurance company is fighting back by saying they sent and adjuster out 3 months ago, and they cannot have adjusters meet with roofing companies due to CoVID.

    I'm extremely frustrated because this will cost about $15,000 out of pocket. I'm more frustrated that they cannot have 2 individuals meet outdoors to discuss the roof. I'm a physician, and I worked throughout CoVID with inadequate PPE. I isolated, and I did everything I could to protect patients by limiting my contact to the outside world. So I cannot fathom how 2 people cannot meet to inspect damages outside, where you can readily social distance. Hell, I'll pay for both the adjuster and roofer to get CoVID tests.

    Is there any legal action here? Or do I just place poor reviews for this branch of an insurance company? I'm just so frustrated by this because the house we bought (another State) also had 'hail damage'. The roofing company said it was a tough call, and they didn't know if the sellers insurance would cover it. Well, turns out it wasn't an issue and was covered super easy.

    submitted by /u/demooo
    [link] [comments]

    Second Look - Claims handling

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    I'm an agent. My insured got a call from them (she gave them my number) and I spoke to them but I have never dealt with this before. They are saying a vehicle was in a hit and run and the license plate comes back to my insured. The name is spelled different however. Same name they just added 2 letters to the first name and changed one in the last. My insured never owed said vehicle. Second look wants my insured to send a notarized letter saying this and a letter from me also stating this. Does anyone know what happens if she doesn't respond? They said they were calling on behalf of my insureds carrier (Nat General) but they weren't the insurer at the time of the loss. I'm baffled on how to advise my client. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you! Location New Orleans LA

    submitted by /u/rayray6718
    [link] [comments]

    Auto insurance wants $550 for cancellation

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:29 AM PDT

    Progressive charged me $180 for the month I was in. Since I got in a wreck on private property and given a ticket. they bumped my rate up to $800 a month. (Not a typo).

    I assumed I would get a refund for the rest of the month by switching to a different insurance. Boy was I Wrong. They wanted $550

    I can't pay $800 a month I'm 20 years old making 14 an hour, that's two weeks of work for me and I have rent. Now the bill is in collections. My credit score was 760 when my bank pulled my credit and this wrecked it.

    What do I do?

    submitted by /u/Global-Implement-336
    [link] [comments]

    How does GAP insurance work?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    I was recently involved in a car accident. It was not a bad accident but because of the nature of the damage to my car it was deemed a total loss (car is totaled). I still owe $2,200 on my car loan, and my car insurance company deemed my car worth $11,000 which will be the payout I receive before the collision deductible.

    My confusion is my car insurance company said they will be paying off the remainder of my car loan, and will then issue me a check for the remaining $8,800. It was my understanding that by having gap insurance the $2,200 i still owe to my car loan would be covered. Did i totally misunderstand what gap insurance is, or is my car insurance doing something they are not supposed to do by paying off my remaining car loan balance?

    EDIT: per bot, I live in Maryland, USA.

    Thank you for any and all help!

    submitted by /u/soundncolor
    [link] [comments]

    I used my Dads health insurance card...is he going to see?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    So I'm only 21 and used my dads health insurance card BCBS, I had a UTI and didn't wanna tell my parents so I just went to urgent care. The problem with this is I usually only go to my pediatric doctors office but they are closed on certain days and I couldn't wait. My dad got something in the mail today from BCBS but hasn't opened it yet.

    I'm really scared, my parents are super strict and in the past I've had UTIs and my parents would just accuse me of having sex and just shame me for having a UTI, if they see the EOB what should I say?

    submitted by /u/throwaway56788943
    [link] [comments]

    Improving Grade on Progressive Snapshot

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    I downloaded progressive snapshot on my phone and within the first eight days of driving, I had many events designated as "hard brakes."

    Since then, I've corrected my driving, and had about two weeks with less than three events. But, my grade hasn't gone up at all. How long does it take to get an improved grade?

    The amount of miles I've driven with just a few events far outweighs the first week I drove with more events. It looks like it's cumulative rather than looking at improvement or an average over time. Anyone know how the algorithm works exactly?

    submitted by /u/theTrueLodge
    [link] [comments]

    I was in a auto accident in California, the other driver took fault. The insurance is saying they are only going to cover 90% of the damage? Is that legal?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    Mural damaged by contractor

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    My house is getting worked on currently after some lightning damage. The contractor fell down the stairs (he's okay) but also dropped his dolley which hit the wall and made a large hole. This wall has a mural that we paid a few thousand for an artist to paint. How do we go about fixing this? Do we get reimbursed for just the wall or additional for the art damage? Does insurance handle fixing this or the contractor?

    Another question: they are having to rewire and tear open another wall that has another mural. The mural cost wasn't included in our estimate, but the inspector did see the mural and mentioned it will most likely be damaged.

    I apologize if this sounds like a dumb question, but I've never dealt with insurance before.

    submitted by /u/hoopupperhoo
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance agent claims my insurance was cheaper with life insurance bundled...

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    Hey guys, so I've been shopping for auto insurance, and I got into a weird situation.

    I had a quote for about $350 every 6 months online, and I had issues doing it online so it forced me to call in. I talked for a bit, they asked for my premiums from my previous company ($460) which I thought was kind of weird.

    They called back and got me a quote for $410. Here's what was weird

    1. They said it was higher because my speeding ticket didn't show up correctly on the online quote (believable).
    2. They said it was cheaper, so they bundled me with life insurance.

    I felt kind of sketched out by those two combined, so went back online, and did it myself and checked out and paid for the $350. I checked the documents at the end and lo and behold the speeding ticket wasn't on there (I triple checked to make sure I entered it into the quoting software). I'm prepared to pay a bit extra, not sure how they'll adjust that. I e-mailed my agent just to make sure (not the same guy that I talked to on the phone).

    But for the second one, does anybody know if there's EVER been a case where this is true? I can't believe in any world that there is a situation where paying for an additional service would make something cheaper. Why would they offer it if that were the case?

    I'm used to dealing with those scams all the time with Comcast (it's cheaper if you buy phone and TV!) because they'll just raise the price on me later. Did I make the right choice?

    submitted by /u/Draoken
    [link] [comments]

    Need to get a wisdom tooth removed. My dental office took X-Rays yday but didn't have an oral surgeon. Called the oral surgeon & they said they will have to take different Xrays & cant use the ones from the dental office & that this costs an additional $150. I'm a broke grad student wtf do I do

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:15 AM PDT

    Hi everyone. Yesterday I had a dental exam from a place that didn't have any oral surgeons and they took my X-Rays. They said that I need to get my wisdom tooth removed asap because they're impacted and I am in a lot of pain. I didn't know that you needed an oral surgeon to take out the wisdom teeth (I'm not from this country so I'm not really sure where to go for exact treatments) so I went to my dentist. Called up the oral surgeon's office today and they said that they will have to charge me additionally for X-Rays because my insurance plan has already been billed for the X-Rays from the dental office yesterday and that it will be $150. This is a huge dent in my expenses because I am a graduate student that lives on a stipend of $10,000 per year. Is there any way I can go around this? I'm so exhausted and confused and in pain, I just want to get this thing removed.

    submitted by /u/tt48760
    [link] [comments]

    Am I required to pay for a car that I won't use if I'm on my parent's policy?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    Tried to set up insurance for a new (used)car under my parent's plan, as I'm still a dependant under them. I was however told that I would also need to pay for her 2017 Kia Forte ALONG with my 2011 Elantra, due to "the possibility of me driving it," which honestly sounds like a huge scam to me. I can't even drive the Kia seeing as it's a manual, and I'd honestly never even want to, so basically I'm asking if it is normal to be forced into paying for a car that is not even mine?

    submitted by /u/SwiftyVG
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment