• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 13, 2020

    I hate the TV above the fireplace Real Estate

    I hate the TV above the fireplace Real Estate


    I hate the TV above the fireplace

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    Atlanta Houses Overpriced?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 06:11 PM PDT

    I seriously don't understand how people are paying so much for houses in Atlanta. We make well above the average ~200k a year but can't find any decent houses close to the city for less than $500 / 600k

    The median household income is around 65k so I don't see how house prices actually translate here.

    submitted by /u/fitfun123
    [link] [comments]

    Seller sold outbuilding to cover mortgage payment and car payments one week from close. Buyer is ticked and listing agent is taking the seller’s side.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    A little more info- the outbuilding (shed) was mentioned in the features section of the MLS and nowhere on MLS was stated "outbuilding does not convey". Close was extended a week and a half because the seller waited until the last minute to make repairs. Therefore the appraisal was ordered later because some of the repairs NEEDED to be made for the appraisal to come back "as is". Several attempts to reach out to the listing aide and ask for updates on repairs for this reason went unanswered. Now the listing agent is stating that the MLS has "all information deemed reliable but not guaranteed" as a blanket cover and the shed is personal property and not real property. With that mindset, nearly everything stated under features could be up for grabs unless specifically stated on the contract. Good lesson, I suppose but wow.

    submitted by /u/mrsjensen
    [link] [comments]

    North Carolina Real estate agent sabotaging my house from to other potential buyers!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 06:49 PM PDT

    Im selling a house here in North Carolina and was under contract with let's say Adam & his realtor Chris. Adam had an inspection done and his inspector came back with many small issues. We couldn't come to an agreement on a price so the deal fell through. A couple weeks later I accepted an offer from another buyer Sergeant and his realtor Susie. Buyer came in at full offer and the inspection was disclosed to the buyer and they still wanted the house so much that they bought new toilets and a chandelier. I also agreed to give the buyer 10k towards repairs. Then the next day the buyer bails without any reason which is perfectly fine. Fast forward a couple days we put the house back on the market and Adam and Chris come back with another low ball offer and proceeds to tell my realtor that he called our previous potential buyers realtor and talks all kinds of crap about the house to make them back out. The realtor then proceeds to say in a text that he plans to sabatage any other deal in the same way if we don't sale his buyer the house. What if anything can be done about this guy because I'm starting to think the buyer, realtor, and inspector may be running a scam.

    submitted by /u/HenryOdin
    [link] [comments]

    [USA] My no-contingency offer got accepted but I want to back out now. Haven't paid earnest money yet. Do I still need to pay that amount?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    I made a terrible mistake and placed an offer on a house that I terribly regret. It got accepted today. My offer waived off any contingencies. I am expected to pay the earnest money tomorrow. Am I still obligated to pay it if i changed my mind? Can the seller sue me for this?

    I feel extremely bad for myself and the seller. Instead of getting excited after hearing we got the offer, we are filled with doubts.

    submitted by /u/bar_mitzvah
    [link] [comments]

    [UK] What to do when your vendor isn't cooperating?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    My partner and I are in the process of buying our first house. Its a real "fixer upper" and we're looking forward to that challenge.

    Our mortgage deed has been signed and have signed everything we need to sign so far, but our vendor seems to have gone very quiet and seems to have stopped cooperating with the sale.

    We arranged for a structural survey to take place on the house as there is a sizeable crack in one of the walls. The vendor advised us that it was just a crack in the plastering but regardless, we will not continue with the purchase until we get the all clear from the surveyors. That got arranged but on the morning of the survey we got a call to say that it was cancelled as the vendor was ill and forgot.

    It has now been over a week. Our surveyors cannot get in touch with her, neither can we. We have been on to the estate agents to ask them to chase but so far nothing.

    We plan on giving the vendor the benefit of the doubt but the lack of cooperation is starting to get annoying.

    What can we do from here? If this carries on we'll have no option but to pull out of the sale but obviously we'd rather not have to do that. We're getting a bit frustrated as the vendor made it very clear that she wanted out of that house as soon as possible. Advice would be greatly appreciated!!

    submitted by /u/demonichazes
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for a fist time apartment renter, please!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 03:39 AM PDT

    I've been renting rooms in student digs so far. I've only had direct contact with the landlord, and never worked with an agent.

    We are 3 young working people who will be moving in together, and we are looking to work with a rental agency. We have no idea what to expect and what to look out for, and none of us have people to ask for help. What is a good base line in regards to space and amenities?

    If this post is not applicable here, can someone please recommend an alternative sub?

    submitted by /u/casiokendielied
    [link] [comments]

    What to expect at closing? Documents?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    I'll try to sum this up as best as I can. Both the sellers lawyer and my lawyer have put no effort into closing this as they both forgot to order the abstract of title a month after I asked. As a result I fired my lawyer(who was a friend and doing it for free but cost me a months stay in a hotel by not getting abstract so had to fire to.cut out the middleman and get this myself) and I am now closing without an attorney on my side. Sellers lawyer said once he gets the abstract we close a few days later. I know he got it last week because I got a copy myself to go over. He never called to set up closing so I'll chalk it up to busy or lazy. I'm calling today to discuss closing in an effort to move things along as I need to.reserve the motel for another week if we cant close and it's just about booked up. I want to.make sure he has the current land survey at closing which he said he would get. I also want to get the number for total to close as I'm paying in cash and need to write a cashier's check.so in addition to remaining balance cost of pro rated taxes deed transfer and register and also the title company said he could write the title insurance that I am purchasing as well. Is there any thing else that I need to ask if he will have that we need to make sure we are ready? Or anything I'm missing? I understand that this guy is a professional and I'm an idiot but the fact is he hasn't done anything so far and when I've been talking to him even after our 3ed conversation he was convinced I was his client and my attorney was sellers attorney so he had paperwork all messed up and I want to treat this as if he has no idea what hes doing and be prepared as I can so that the deal closes promptly and smoothly.

    submitted by /u/Sosimples
    [link] [comments]

    Under contingent what to expect?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 10:48 PM PDT

    House finally under contingent took 30 days I thought it would of been at this point sooner but here we are. Did get what I was looking for in price so that part worked out. Now that we are here what should I expect from all of your experience? I have 5 days after the closing date to leave dunno if that matters. First time seller.

    submitted by /u/plexedout
    [link] [comments]

    Homeowner Insurance with original metal roof

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 02:56 PM PDT

    Quotes that I get regarding homeowner insurance seem to vary pretty widely from $1200/year to $2,500/year and I think the most likely reason is my 1920 house still has the original roof. Well, except for an addition that has a 3 year old metal roof.

    Does anybody have any suggestions for good places for getting homeowner insurance with an original metal roof. I'd really like to be able to bundle my home and auto insurance, but so far every place with a decent auto quote has had a horrendous home insurance quote.

    submitted by /u/RiverYuppy
    [link] [comments]

    Open concept? Can I learn to love it?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 05:16 AM PDT

    Hi Reddit - y'all have been super helpful through this process and I really appreciate any insight as I've never bought or sold before.

    We've been looking for a solid year in the Midwest. We have specific needs with my elderly mom (she is moving in, needs a workable layout).

    We started this search with must haves we are now considering giving up. We wanted a central location, but we found a nice house about 25 minutes out in the suburbs. We also never liked the idea of open concept because we're not the most clean, but we found a house that is lovely except it has an open living dining and kitchen.

    Can I learn to live with this? We'd have a loft area for TV and a basement for TV so we could learn to spread out? How do people live with the totally open feel with smells, sounds etc? I'm worried I keep nitpicking every single house to the point we can't find one.

    submitted by /u/AshleyNicole212
    [link] [comments]

    How hard is the Keller Williams interview

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    I recently passed my exams and I have a interview next week at Keller Williams and I'm just wondering what I can expect

    submitted by /u/Melvin_1st
    [link] [comments]

    Does Sellers Market = Appraisal Nightmare?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    Curious - in a sellers market where everyone is in a bidding war, are MOST houses appraising lower than the accepted offer?

    Seems like sellers must be conceding and coming down on the price in negotiations, after the appraisal?

    Otherwise all the closings would be cash or offers with very large appraisal guarantees??

    submitted by /u/UnknownEntity2007
    [link] [comments]

    Is this normal? My lender keeps making mistakes and it’s driving me insane.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    I'm not sure if this is typical.

    Every single document I've had to sign contains some issue: spelling errors, incorrect addresses, the wrong name (they keep calling me "Sheryl" on phone calls and in emails), and even the wrong amounts! Who the flip is Sheryl???

    I have to read each form with a fine tooth comb TWICE anticipating revisions.

    And then everything about my lender is an emergency.

    They also submit documents for signature at odd hours of the day (5am on a Sunday, 11pm on a Tuesday, etc) and then they demand I sign them IMMEDIATELY with back-to-back phone calls.

    We missed our first closing date because the lender sent over one document at 11:30 PM and demanded we sign it by 12 AM or risk delays. Guess what? We were asleep and woke up to missed calls, texts, and a mountain of voicemails.

    Why? Why can't this be done during business hours?

    submitted by /u/ohlookahipster
    [link] [comments]

    Home style loans

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    What do y'all know about home style loans? I heard my lender say it was based on the perceived appraisal of the house after repairs. What does this mean exactly. Say I afford a house at 300,000 I find a house for 250,000 but it needs a a rehab. Is my cap for home improvement 50,000 or since it is based on the perceived value of the house after renovation is my cap higher, because the equity already put into the house will even out what I can afford in monthly payments?

    submitted by /u/BobbysueWho
    [link] [comments]

    House in escrow - we haven't been staying in the house. Someone unplugged chest freezer - wife's stored breastmilk all went bad. Any legal course of action?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Looking for some advice here: We sold our house and have been in escrow. During this process, we have been staying at my inlaws to avoid people coming in and out because of covid.

    We have a chest freezer in the garage that has 3 months of my wife's pumped breast milk. Today, 10/12, I went to check on the house, after not having been back for about 2 weeks, to find that someone unplugged the chest freezer and everything in the chest freezer had melted and I'm pretty sure has gone bad. Anyone who has had children and dealt with pumping will understand why this is incredibly frustrating to say the least.

    I talked to my agent who said the only people who have been in the house since September 30th was a PG&E person to check on some gas issues (we are going to try to get in contact with this person but are not optimistic). The appraiser, on 10/10, who says they did not go into the garage. And the stager earlier today, 10/12. Our agent was at the house for all of these visits.

    Also, when I got to the house today, I found the door to my garage unlocked. I don't know how long it was unlocked for but it's not the first time I've found it unlocked and both times were an oversight of the agent.

    Our agent is basically telling us that we are shit out of luck because we don't have anyone who could've unplugged the freezer.

    We normally wouldn't care about the couple hundred dollars worth of food but my wife spent countless hours in the middle pumping to create that breast milk and now we are out of breast milk and have to purchase formula for our baby.

    Does anyone here have a thought on any legal action we could potentially take? Could we go to homeowner's insurance for this?

    Any insight or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

    cross posted in r/legaladvice

    submitted by /u/bigdaddyh
    [link] [comments]

    Loan pointers for land purchase

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    I am planning to buying raw land for future development for residential lots. Any bank that would help loaning amount?

    Land value about 1M seeking 50% loan. Place: Suburbs of Tampa, FL / Near Plant city

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Rajkumar99
    [link] [comments]

    How long does the other party have to respond to an addendum?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    My home (I'm the seller) appraised for less than the price on the purchase contract, so I sent an addendum to the buyer. Buyer has not responded. Closing date on our purchase contract is in 2 weeks. My realtor has no answer for me. What happens if they do not respond? Does it get cancelled on closing day if there is no resolution, or can I rescind the contract due to no response? I'd like to re-list my home ASAP if they are no longer interested, so I'm trying to figure out my options. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Adelta0030
    [link] [comments]

    Feel like closing is going to get pushed out; ghosted?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    Feels kind of defeating. We were approved through our lender, then came the appraisal which needed some peeling paint addressed(not a whole lot)

    Last I'd heard, the sellers seemed willing to handle the paint. On top of that, there was some issue where the estate wasn't put into a trust which needed to be done also prior to closing. It seems the closing attorney is also handling that.

    Our date was supposed to be October 26th. When I touched base with my realtor today, he said the sellers agent has yet to respond to anything over the weekend(call, text, email). Apparently it's an old lady handling their end. Been a week with almost no news, really.

    He said no news is good news, but wasn't sure if closing would proceed apace. I feel with only two weeks to go, there's no feasible way that date sticks.

    Same thing on the lender side. Just astronomically quiet.

    Any idea how far this could get pushed back? Its frustrating when you're waiting on pins and needles for this stuff, but nothing is happening. Hard to plan to pack and get ready to move for your first home when you've no idea what's going on, when clear to close may happen or if your original date will stick.

    submitted by /u/Moridianae
    [link] [comments]

    Composting toilet and gray water system vs septic system

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 11:29 PM PDT

    Do you need a real estate license to purchase and rent out properties?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 11:25 PM PDT

    Hello I am fairly new to real estate but its a serious question.

    submitted by /u/Apprehensive_Package
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a house without a realtor

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    I am planning to buy a house. It is on a 1 acre plot of land.

    I have been paying rent on this house for 7 years for a family member that lives there.

    The person selling it (that I have been renting from) is a fairly close friend, came to me with the offer instead of putting it on the market, and I believe he is offering me a good deal at $120,000.

    I've looked at comparable recent sales and they were $126,000 and $145,000 and $152,000. There aren't any comparable houses currently for sale for less than $163,000.

    I believe the loan that will be needed for purchasing a $120,000 property will amount to smaller monthly payments than what I am currently paying in rent ($950/month).

    The person living in the home is fairly handy and fixes most of what needs to be done around the house. No major work is needed. It is about a year away from needing new siding.

    The property is near a major road (but not on a major road) and it is not far from a major highway. For now, I'd just be happy to own it for the house and for the other work I could do on the property. The area certainly has the potential to develop and become desired for a future sale when I am no longer in need of the house.

    The seller has prepared what he calls a very standard short contract and I am meeting him this week. He is not expecting me to sign immediately upon handing me the contract, we are just getting together for a chat and he's bringing the contract for me.

    My question for this sub is - anything I should check for in the contract? anything I should ask him?

    I have plenty of experience reading contractual language but zero experience in land/home buying outside of going through a realtor to purchase my own home.

    Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/NewAltWhoThis
    [link] [comments]

    Appraisal came in same as asking price. Thoughts?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    How much faith do you pros put into appraisals? The appraisal came in at exactly our offer price, which was not a round number, making me wonder about how all of this really works. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jeffus
    [link] [comments]

    Is buying in a wealthier neighborhood always the best investment financially? Should I sell?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    For context I grew up in New Jersey in a neighborhood with 8/10 schools, 100K+ household income, where homes average (SFH, 3 bed/ 2,5 bath,) around 500K-600K. When my wife and I brought a home, we brought in an average neighborhood 5/10 schools, 70K+ household income, average house prices of 350K. As I think about the economy with a diminishing middle class and a society of either poor or rich townships made me wonder should I sell now to buy in a richer neighborhood as a better investment?

    For context, my parents brought a home in 1994 for 250K and now it's worth 600K while our family friend brought a home in another township (4/10 schools, lower middle/-middle class) for about the same price and is only worth 350K now.

    My wife (90K) and I (105K) have no debt, and feel maybe we could maybe just make it in terms of affording an older home (maybe smaller) in a richer neighborhood with benefits of being able to sell easier, better schools, location, etc.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/HastroX
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment