• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 8, 2020

    Hiring Ex-convicts small business

    Hiring Ex-convicts small business


    Hiring Ex-convicts

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    I learned from an HR consultant that someone who has a criminal record, but has not committed a crime in the last 7 years, is no more likely to commit a crime than anyone else. That said, what are your thoughts on hiring such a person? Personally, I am for it.

    submitted by /u/CLING333
    [link] [comments]

    For those that have been working as a VA, what would be the better option?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:07 AM PDT

    So I've decided to start up my own VA business but I'm stuck as to what I should call it. Originally I was going to call it "Outsource*****" but I'm not sure whether I should now because it's meant to be a virtual assistant business with Mabey some services out souced. I don't want it to be a full-on outsource company. So I'm not too sure how the name would work out even though it is unique compared to the other VA companies.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/jackbowls
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I learn the basics of setting up a small business?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    Simplified explanations are welcome as well as any websites, videos or book recommendations.

    I'm trying to figure out if I should apply to be a Sole Proprietor or an S-Corp and where an LLC fits into all that. And how to maximize the use of either.

    I'm trying to figure out if I need to setup a whole new bank account for my business and if it needs it's own credit card.

    How do I determine if something is a deduction or an asset for my business etc etc.

    submitted by /u/Gaius2045
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to hire

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:01 AM PDT

    Hello I'm looking for help I need someone to hello me run google ads I have 0 experience and I need someone that knows how to set up google ads and products listing and everything

    submitted by /u/Jeremih2710
    [link] [comments]

    What is the importance of small scale industries?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    We should never underestimate the importance of Small Scale Businesses. As per the statistics, there are 97% of Firms are small & medium businesses and 3% comes under the large-scale business.

    So, what's wrong in targeting 97% of the firms and contributing to the huge percentages.

    Hence, small scale industries matters!

    One major benefit is they are important in creating employment and economic development. It improves the development of the nation by expanding metropolitan and provincial development.

    I think it is the best sector to target for business and that's why people also targeting it for getting more engagement.

    What can else we can note?

    submitted by /u/empowerdtech
    [link] [comments]

    Seller’s permit

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    Hi! How long does it take to get a seller's permit in CA? I filed for it about a week ago and was wondering the process.

    submitted by /u/sassyasssyd
    [link] [comments]

    How can I get a single day stand/ shop at a mall in my area for my product.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:16 PM PDT

    I started a small business since the pandemic started I have made about 2000$ since I started I was wondering if anyone had any information on how I could have a single day stand in a populated area to showcase my products I know they would do amazing in front of people and they're already doing pretty great online I tried looking up some stuff but I had a hard time because I wasn't quite sure what to even call something like this if anyone has any information if you answer any questions that would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Mmaryy25
    [link] [comments]

    Advertising my art business

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    Hi all! I'm an artist, and I have just started making my side business more full time. The majority of my work is original and commissioned paintings. I have always had a hard time with the marketing side- it is not my forte at all. Does anyone have any tips on advertising as an artist? I have a website with my portfolio, instagram and an etsy shop, and pre-covid I'd do in person shows (can't wait for that to be possible again!). I have a very solid customer base among friends and family, and I'm looking to expand. I'm wondering if there other effective social media or websites that are geared towards fine artists? Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/boatgirl11
    [link] [comments]

    Request

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    I lost my job at the restaurant because of this covid shit weeks ago...I was thinking the second stimulus is gonna come sooner bit guess I was wrong ....I live with my son and dog and I'm already behind schedule on Bills..I started wet fasting a week ago drinking water everyday just so I can feed my little kid and dog ...Omg I dont think I can last for a week and can't imagining being homeless...can't imagine my kid and dog going through this ...I know it may seem like a handout but i need any help I can get right now to pay some bills at least to keep a roof over my son and dog's head ..

    submitted by /u/iknowmyname20
    [link] [comments]

    How much do you make a year from your business?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    For a small business can you expect to make in the 300-500k a year range? What does that typically look like as far as revenue vs profit? Is there somewhere that provides these statistics?

    submitted by /u/ladidadi82
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for American Interviewees for Research on Work Benefits and Savings

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    Hey! We're a User Experience design team conducting research on American employee benefits. Our goal is to help a new financial business reduce financial stress in the American workforce by providing more workers with penalty-free short-term savings options - kind of like a 401(k).

    We need to interview employees and employers in the manufacturing, supply chain, warehouse, and health care industries. Specifically we'd like to hear from 1) business owners who now or in the past have employed more than 50 workers 2) C-level HR representatives employed by the above businesses 3) workers in these industries who are classified as W2 and earn less than 75k per year.

    These interviews will take roughly 15 minutes by phone or on zoom. Your identity will remain fully anonymous.

    If you're interested in helping us out, reach out below, or send us a PM. We're looking forward to learning about your experiences and feelings! Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/chairmanwow888
    [link] [comments]

    Acquiring healthcare for workers

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    Hello all!

    I started a delivery contracting business back in 2012 and have been growing steadily ever since. In the past year however, we have jumped from under 50 employees to roughly 75 full time or full time equivalent (yay! and scary!). We are facing the dreaded (for business owners) ACA requirements of providing healthcare for all employees or paying the ~$2k/employee fine. I am excited to offer health insurance options for employees, but am very nervous/unaware of the costs associated with doing it. I'm a software engineer by trade and so have largely automated most of the business so that myself and two managers can run the whole operation smoothly, but with this comes the lack of expertise that many similarly sized companies would have in matter such as this.

    I'm wondering if anyone who has crossed this bridge could share their experiences, or point me in the right direction for brokers/companies that could deal with this? I'm largely looking for a hands-off approach long term and would like someone else to manage the healthcare details outside of the company.

    You guys rock!

    Edit: I should probably mention that we have employees in twenty-one states and growing, so that might throw a wrench into some of the more simple plans.

    submitted by /u/Zetricks
    [link] [comments]

    Booking app/program that can send appointment reminders?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    Hey all. We are currently using Insight, and the main thing we like about it is that it sends out automatic appointment reminders to clients. However it's a pretty expensive program and I'm currently the only one using it - we recently started booking our own schedules, and the others have turned to just using schedule books and emailing their clients reminders themselves. I'm way too scatterbrained for that lol.

    Just curious if there's anything else out there with similar capabilities, or what y'all do.

    submitted by /u/passthesunchipss
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on profitability of accounts

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:15 PM PDT

    I have a service company. We are facing increase sanitation costs due to covid. I have created a spreadsheet where I use formulas to determine which of my accounts are costing us the most money and then determining which accounts to raise, how much to raise and which to consider dropping altogether. am also taking this opportunity to rate which of my accounts are more profitable / valuable to the company. We may have a terrible shortage that forces us to cancel customers with high sanitation costs so I need to determine which accounts are essentially better for business. When I compare the accounts I have accounts that bring in more profit than another BUT the percentage of the income that is profit may be less. Let me explain:

    Customer A: Revenue - $1050

    Profits (after expenses) - $450

    The profit is approximately 43% of the revenue.

    Customer B: Revenue - $1325

    Profits (after expenses) - $525

    The profit is approximately 40% of the revenue

    Customer A has a higher percentage however Customer B is still bringing in more profit. Which would you consider to be more valuable? By choosing customer A profits immediately drop.... what am I missing? With limited resources I may have to drop customer B regardless, but if my supply opens back up should I consider customer B or customer A more profitable for my company?

    submitted by /u/witlesstwit
    [link] [comments]

    Is W2 income in business checking account bad.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    I opened a DBA and business checking account in 2019 as I was planning to freelance , but got a job on W2. I did not dissolve the sole proprietor entity. All my paystubs were directly deposited to my business account . I filed income tax for W2 income.

    I would like to know if I should file a tax return (schedule C) for my entity with no activity and no income for 2019 and 2020.

    I want to start a small business now. Should I transfer my money to a personal checking account and use this account for business or Should I close this account and open another business account.

    submitted by /u/somiat
    [link] [comments]

    If you were going to survey or interview users of your mobile app to solicit honest feedback, determine what is liked, not liked, and where the app could go moving forward (and if pivoting is required), what are the top 1 or 2 questions you would ask?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    If you were going to survey or interview users of your mobile app to solicit honest feedback, determine what is liked, not liked, and where the app could go moving forward (and if pivoting is required), what are the top 1 or 2 questions you would ask?

    submitted by /u/pokemon_yo
    [link] [comments]

    Moxie.xyz - platform for home workouts and classes created to help trainers go virtual during COVID

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:09 PM PDT

    Feature on their business and how they started their business during COVID

    submitted by /u/dotxyz
    [link] [comments]

    Software recommendations

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    Hey folks,

    I have my hands in a lot of areas right now. After over two years of having a single client to deal with, my contract with his business has changed and slowing down. I'm a graphic designer and photographer. I do it all, but I'm planning on narrowing down my specialties to find tighter markets.

    My problem is keeping track of jobs, schedules, customers, clients, sales, invoices and all that. I'm on Fiverr, Upwork, selling digital files on Etsy and Amazon, in-person sales, stock photo/illustration sites,,, all that; I need some type of software or spreadsheet that can consolidate all this information by customers, dates, channels, invoices, income and expenditures. Does anyone know of an "all in one" business organizer that's easy to use and doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Or something that can be easily modified for my needs?I had Quicken for awhile, but it didn't do what I needed and wasn't very helpful.

    I want to keep all the platforms and customers on those platforms separate from each other for organization purposes, But I also want to be able to consolidtate all the sales and expenditures.

    Hopefully all that makes sense. Any one have any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Dijiwolf1975
    [link] [comments]

    We need help with our pricing

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    We make and sell high end, limited edition mechanical puzzles directly to adult collectors around the world. I am struggling with pricing and could use some advice.

    • We are growing quickly: by revenue +356% last year, on track for +192% this year
    • We are a small shop with ~10 employees
    • We manufacture most of the product
    • Production is highly skilled work; difficult and slow to scale
    • We don't have solid numbers on manufacturing cost; still working on those systems
    • We are nowhere near able to fulfill demand
    • Our work sells out within minutes of being posted on the site
    • My current approach with pricing is to cover overhead and add a bit of profit to fund growth

    I have been slowly raising prices but have not yet hit any resistance. I have no idea what elasticity for our product is. I'm worried that if I raise them too high it will damage goodwill and sales will fall off a cliff.

    Our product is here: www.cubicdissection.com

    I have no idea where to go from here and I'd appreciate any insight. Thank you very much in advance!

    submitted by /u/cubic-dissection
    [link] [comments]

    Owners - How much staffing is painful?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:28 AM PDT

    Hi Owners,

    I met with medium shop owner and I was very surprised about one of his current problem: staffing.

    Because of its location he shared he may have 10 times more clients depending on the weather. So, everyday, he check the weather and call extra workers based on hand-made estimations. If he messes up, in one way or the other, he looses money.

    As a developer, I wonder about a tool I could create to help him. To do that, I would love to have your perspective: is it an isolated problem?

    If you have time, I have a few questions:

    • What about you? Do you have the same issue?
    • If you have this problem too, how painful is it to deal with?
    • What would you expect from a software to help you on a daily basis?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/tbll75
    [link] [comments]

    Starting a small business and need advice

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    So I'm starting a business but there is so much going into it. I'm having a hard time getting money to start it bc I'm a minor and I can't get a job for multiple reasons. I've budgeted and everything set up everything. It's just the supplies and other things I need so does anyone have any advice or anything. It would be a big help. Thank you :) (if I sound like a Karen message me so I can apologize to everyone who reads this)

    Edit: I'm sorry for how this is worded I'm really bad at wording things and I was half asleep. I've budgeted what I need for supplies etc. I just need advice on how to get the money since I'm dirt poor and can't get a job. But also any other advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/GoobyisQueenPotato
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for even just an ounce of advice

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    Hi, I don't really know where to start so here we go..

    After being fired last year for trying to have a "side hustle", my husband decided to start a business in sealcoating and asphalt repair. Yes it was stressful, especially when all I could do was stay home most days and take care of our 2 toddlers, plus try to get some bookkeeping/accounting up to date for the business. Oh and take care of social media and I guess the marketing aspect as well. When we have sitters on the weekends I'm also out there on the job with him.

    So that season ends actually really well for a new startup, we were even able to purchase another truck with a snow plow and other snow equipment (which ended up being junk, including the 40 year old truck we call Helen Keller) But luckily we had some good snow and we managed to survive the winter.

    Needless to say, all this hard work/good luck kept us motivated and excited for the new season, even though most of our money went towards trying to get the new truck up and running again (as of right now it's sitting in the driveway with the ignition drilled out and the steering wheel off) Then corona happened. I guess you could say it has helped us because we were able to get the ppp loan and unemployment when we typically wouldn't have ever qualified for.

    Here's the number one problem we have: Lack of employees! My husband likes to plan jobs like he's a damn superhero, only to find out it actually takes 3 times as long when he has to do it by himself (obviously). He still does that and it's driving me nuts. Every employee we've had has basically just been a piece of shit and stopped working or tried stealing from us.

    His dad bought him a 550 a few months ago, turned out it was a loan and the damn thing isn't going to last another year. You also can't get personal insurance on it, has to be commercial. Oh and where we live you can barely even have a small trailer on your truck and if you do it has to be empty. Oh and the first week we had the truck it broke down then spent 2 more weeks in the shop, and the jobs we had scheduled required asphalt so he couldn't work.

    Oh and the other everyday trucks transmission went out so there went another 2 weeks worth of work, plus about $4500.

    There is constantly something breaking or going wrong, it can't possibly be normal for a small business. Is it bad luck or are we just stupid for not listening to the signs the universe is trying to send to us?

    So as of right now, we have several jobs that need to be done, no employees so my husband is out there by himself dealing with shit customers who have been rescheduled over and over. And no money.

    What the hell are we doing wrong here? Any and all criticism is much appreciated

    submitted by /u/whenambersbored
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment