• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 10, 2020

    Got my first SDR role at an SaaS company that sells market research software. Any tips? Sales and Selling

    Got my first SDR role at an SaaS company that sells market research software. Any tips? Sales and Selling


    Got my first SDR role at an SaaS company that sells market research software. Any tips?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 03:35 AM PDT

    Hey guys!

    Finally landed this awesome role. I'm new to B2B sales — especially when it comes to selling market research/consumer insights software — and wanted to know the best tips/strategies to excel at my new job.

    The primary form of outreach is via cold emails, but cold calls are encouraged as well.

    I know I'm in a sales role, but from what everything I've read on this subreddit, my job is to primarily qualify leads, create interest in the product and set up meetings, with the AEs doing the actual closing and product demos; feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

    If that's true, how much research should I be doing before reaching out to the decision makers? How much information should I be giving them, what should my general outreach process look like, and what would be the most effective ways to ensure a high probability of setting a meeting?

    Any tips or strategies shared will be greatly appreciated. I really wanna kick ass in this role and prove myself since I'm new to this space. Thanks in advance guys!

    submitted by /u/tenderviolence
    [link] [comments]

    How do you guys deal with the negative stress after a lost deal?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 02:19 AM PDT

    Will submitting a BDR application on a Saturday hurt my chances?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    So my dream role opened a position last night, and I'm wondering if it would be best to apply now or Monday. My concern is that I'm not sure if they will look at them in order received, in which case I may be among the first to be reviewed. My other concern is that they look at them from "most recent received." Any advice?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Sidesalad37
    [link] [comments]

    Presentation feedback wanted

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    I want to become better at telling storys in my presentations. That is why I practise on my free time by recording myself. Please tell me one thing I should focus on improving.

    I used to have a monotone voice. With practise that has become a lot better. Now I am looking for the next thing to improve.

    I have just started leading sales meetings and find it very enjoyable. And as a 26y old beeing in enterprise sales at a big tech company I have many years ahed of me to improve. Thank you in advance for helping out on the Journey.

    https://youtu.be/cs1x8Bc5C4U

    submitted by /u/Japparbyn
    [link] [comments]

    Average Time from Interview to Offer/Rejection for MM/Enterprise Roles?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 04:46 AM PDT

    I just interviewed at a few companies for MM and Enterprise Sales roles. Every job I have ever received I have heard back in 48 hours or less. Well, its been about 1.5 weeks and have heard nothing from either. Not sure how hiring decisions are made at this level.

    Curious to what you all have seen in time frames in overall interview process and/or time from final interview to decision.

    I have followed up once, and am currently going to fill my funnel up with additional opportunities, but wanted to see what everyone has seen/experienced. I am in SMB and attempting to move up to the next level.

    submitted by /u/DarthBroker
    [link] [comments]

    Negotiating and reading people

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    What are some good books to read for getting better at negotiating and books on how to read people and body language?

    submitted by /u/brickteeth
    [link] [comments]

    What LinkedIn copy do you guys use for automation.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 06:14 AM PDT

    What LinkedIn copy do you guys use for automation in terms of first connection message to follow ups to basically securing a meeting.

    submitted by /u/Fun-Analyst1717
    [link] [comments]

    Experienced Account Manager. What is my path forward?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    -12 years in logistics management covering roles in operations, account management, planning.

    -$100k salary with bonuses up to $30k based on corporate revenue targets. The high base is simply the result of my long tenure at a F350 and various promotions as I've moved between departments. It isn't necessarily reflective of my current role as a Senior Account Manager. Younger employees in this role make less. $0 commissions at my company.

    -I do make sales by growing my existing accounts, but my role doesn't have hard growth targets, revenue goals etc. The role is primarily focused on building relationships, gaining market intel for our pricing team, and ensuring excellent customer service by solving daily service issues to maintain our customer relationships.

    -My weeks are spent meeting with existing accounts to discuss service issues, outlook forecasts, growth lanes, mode shifts, site expansions, billing disputes, and equipment needs. I love meeting with clients and there isn't much pressure to sell each month. Our sales cycle is long and complex.

    I enjoy business strategy and see myself becoming a sales director or VP sales. Is this feasible? Do I need a more standard sales role with clearer targets and commissions to have a competitive resume?

    $150k-$250k is my long term income goal. Are there account management roles with $100k-$130k base plus attainable commissions out there? Where should I look for that? Is my best bet getting into some sort of tech sales for logistics software? My minimum salary is $75-80k to support my family and our lifestyle.

    My main concern is that my experience as an account manager at $100k isn't preparing me for a commiserate role and salary if I got laid off or wanted to leave my company. Where do I go from here?

    submitted by /u/TurnandBurn_172
    [link] [comments]

    Best Sales Meme/Humor IG & LinkedIn Pages?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    Looking for the best sales specific Sales Meme/Humor IG and LinkedIn Pages. Some I already follow are sales banter, overheard sales, and sales humor on IG, Thedailysales on Linkedin.

    anything else out there?

    submitted by /u/helpplease12223
    [link] [comments]

    Communication platform recommendation for small teams?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    Can you recommend a communication platform(Slack, Teams, etc.) for small teams?

    submitted by /u/Persil1
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for a struggling rookie Account Executive?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:26 PM PDT

    I'm a month into a tech sales job. I have good bosses who push with positive reinforcement. The issue is that now we are more independent and I'm starting to lag behind our team. I've made a handful of closes this week but the rest of the team is ahead of me. I see closes every day from my teammates and I struggle to connect with clients, they hardly pick up, or I get hung up on.

    Being new to the role and industry obviously has an impact but any advice to get through slumps?

    submitted by /u/Rocketpie
    [link] [comments]

    Would I fuck myself out of a deal by giving my customer multiple bids from other providers?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Effectively I'm in a situation where the customer is still locked into a contract and doesn't have high urgency to switch until the price is substantial enough. I am in the position where I will get paid regardless of whatever provider the customer goes with, so that isn't the issue. The problem is that I originally "pitched" this customer on my favorite vendor and I 'feel' if I say "I will negotiate on your behalf for the lowest possible price with multiple vendors" that I potentially could fuck myself out of this very large account because I may come off as maybe biased?

    Why do I feel this way? I don't know. Logically it should make sense because I'm giving customers choice and coming off as more of a consultant. But if I position this incorrectly and the person decides to just go straight to the vendor, I could lose this deal completely.

    I haven't sent this proposal yet to the customer, but I wanted some insights from others.

    My industry is telecom in channel sales if that helps.

    submitted by /u/Bodacious_Dad_Bod
    [link] [comments]

    How does one effectively incentivize channel partners to exceed targets?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:47 PM PDT

    New to the indirect sales business having been successful in software B2B sales. You can give the channel partners all the tools they need to sell, but how do you incentivize them when you really want to get aggressive?

    submitted by /u/MungoMoss
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get them through the last 2 inches of the sales funnel?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    I have three customers that are on the cusp of buying. All three told me they were going to buy. All three have told me they're eager to get started. Not one of them has actually completed the purchase. How do I drive them to that last 2 inches of our sales funnel so that they will actually make the purchase?

    submitted by /u/SmartyChance
    [link] [comments]

    What's the OTE for Account Development Reps at Google via Adecco?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    I see a lot of Google ADR's on LinkedIn that's contracted by Adecco. Curious if anyone has any insight on the OTE breakdown

    submitted by /u/productivegapyear
    [link] [comments]

    Sales Engineers - How often is the role affected by layoffs?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    Because it's close to the revenue stream do they get laid off a lot during down turns? What about pre-sales and solution architects?

    submitted by /u/careeradvice9
    [link] [comments]

    How often do you get hit up by recruiters?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    Simple post, just curious how often recruiters reach out to sales professionals? I'm new to sales working at a startup tech company as an SDR. Already had a few hits on my LinkedIn so I was curious how often it happens to more seasoned Sales professionals. My brother for example is in Tech as well but on the development side. Specifically cloud and he gets hit up at least twice a month by recruiters.

    TL;DR - new to sales how often as a profession are you being recruited by other companies?

    submitted by /u/jraubo24
    [link] [comments]

    Guys, I need your help! Girl thrown into hardware sales...and yes, the boring kind!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    Hi guys

    I need some advice here.

    Times are tough everywhere, as a result we had to retrench staff and there are now 3 of us left. The sales manager, myself and the admin girl. Boss has now moved me to front of reception to do sales.

    Problem is, I feel super awkward. My sales confidence is not lacking - I can sell. But now we have 100 doors to sell, frames and tools?! I don't know how to sell these. On Facebook I've posted ads and got a few sales, but not enough to keep business running.

    If we don't sell all 100 doors we close shop. I can't let that happen, I have a small baby so I need this job. I am appealing to you all - what can I do to sell these items? What methods do you know to work?

    I am based in the office so can only network on Facebook and online /calls. So here's what I need to ask:

    1) what is the best way to market doors and frames 2) what is the best way to seal the deal once the customer is there with you? I've lost a few who were "just looking" but in Facebook seemed super keen to buy 3)any streategies that have worked for you personally you care to share?.. 4)tips for a lady selling hardware (I know it sounds flippen hilarious!)

    I am trying. I even taught myself to use a cordless drill and how to spraypaint..haha. Trying to take an interest in the tools and all that.

    Even if you have just one line to comment, please do. I will read and take everything to heart.

    Thanks guys :) x

    submitted by /u/MissMixy
    [link] [comments]

    How do you set yourself apart from other reps at your own company?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    Inside sales in the tech sector. AE/BDR combo role.

    I work with a tech solution that has great reviews, in an industry that has, fingers crossed, so far not been affected by Covid-19.

    What are the ways you differentiate yourself from your colleagues?

    I'm sure we've all been there. You warm up a lead for 6 months only for Bill's completely random cold call to somehow directly connect with the lead's cell phone while they are stuck in traffic with time to kill.

    How do you combat this when you can't do much about the colleague's behavior?

    submitted by /u/AxeOfTheseus
    [link] [comments]

    What percent of deals should close based on initial quarter pipeline?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    I've heard different metrics but I'm looking for basic rule of thumb. If you start with 50 deals in pipeline in the quarter, how would manage expectations based on closed won, lost, and pushed out deals? Our sales cycle is anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months.

    To give more detail for those who want it- we started Q2 with 68 deals and closed 33. We closed 6 deals in-quarter so they weren't part of that initial 68. 90% of the 35 that didn't close just got pushed to Q4. Obviously the area for improvement is knowing how long something should take but I wanted to understand if this is bonkers bad projection or kind of standard.

    submitted by /u/dachinabox
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't I close?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I work in D2D sales for a security system company that sells B2B and B2C. I have become very good in scheduling meetings for both business and homes, I normally have at least one meeting per day. The sales cycle is very short, and the close should happen during the first meeting. The problem is that after I go through the security mapping and solutions presentation, I cannot close the deals. The industry standard for close rate for closing is 33%, mine is less than 10 percent. It is better with business, but it gives me tremendous amount of anxiety when I start closing during B2C meetings. How would I get this closer to industry standard? The main problem is that in the end the customers say that they want to think about it over night or see the other solutions. My collegue told me that I have to raise the emotions more with B2C customers, and this feels somehow manipulative for me. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/pjooter95
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment