• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 7, 2020

    Does your business have brand guidelines? small business

    Does your business have brand guidelines? small business


    Does your business have brand guidelines?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    Are you proud of your logo and visual identity? How do you know it's "good?"

    submitted by /u/theveggieserif
    [link] [comments]

    I run small bbq business

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:37 AM PDT

    I really have no idea where to start for my business the most essential things I want to invest in is in a commercial kitchen hood But my business is outside Anyone has an idea of how can I get something like that. the bbq produces a lot of smoke with grease hood must me easy to clean

    submitted by /u/zadkiel1107
    [link] [comments]

    Starting a new leather products business

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:12 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Me and my childhood buddy are starting a new leather products business. ( We had a successful tshirt ecommerce in our college days)

    So the idea is to buy ready made leather products from a nearby area that is known for manufacturing. Bigger brands out source to this area. So the quality is assured.

    We plan to brand it and then sell it.

    We are planning to start an e-commerce store and then start a retail store.

    We are planning to invest around $3000

    I am sure there is more than it meets the eye, I would love to receive guidance on how to go about and what strategy should I be using.

    I know this is a vague question, but any starting point would help the two 25 year olds.

    EDIT : I am a pilot and he is a builder. So we will be doing this on the side.

    submitted by /u/Iamtkapse
    [link] [comments]

    Mental health is a growing area of concern, what measures are companies taking to protect the mental health of their staff?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    I run two companies - one is bricks and mortar and one is software.

    I've been thinking about this for a while now, and would like to know what other businesses do.

    As mental health is a growing area of concern, what measures are companies taking to protect the mental health of their staff?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/RugySWC
    [link] [comments]

    Being fair to my partner, help

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 02:48 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm trying my best to be fair to my partner.

    It's an art business and the design, idea etc all belong to me. I pitched it to her for opinion and she said she's interested in being involved.

    I include her to make suggestions and be involved in the decision making process of designs . I also taught her how to replicate our signature item but when I wanted to diversify she said due to work life balance she can't be involved in other designs.

    At the beginning she was very motivated for about a month but then she withdrew herself due to personal issues. I told her to take her time and figured I'll make our share 30-70%.

    But then she helped a lot in terms of marketing. She brought in connections with 3 influencers and they shared our product. I suggested 1 influencer that I know of and I think that influencer agreed to work with us out of kinship, they're from same country. Then she got her cousin to help us get published on a magazine. She also produces, packages and sends out orders as long as they're our signature collection.

    I built the website and she completed the "about us" and FAQ sections.

    I brought in the most part of capital.

    She also found us a cheaper supplier and took very nice photos for us (we both did)

    Objectively, what do you think her fair share should be?

    Edit: she has a full time profession. I'm babysitting to fund the business and planning to make this my main income when it's self sufficient.

    submitted by /u/kourabie
    [link] [comments]

    Starting remote desktop support business

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    I do quite a few of computer repairs a week and want to start focusing my time fixing pc's remotley.

    I just want a client to be able to pay upfront before starting a remote desktop repair session. (plus if they can pre-book appointments somehow, but not a deal breaker).

    Howver I'm having a hard time with my googling skills, emails to the major remote desktop players have resuted in them trying to sell me thousands of dollars a month software which I dont need.

    My website is developed in wordpress, I thought there would be easy way to achieve this.

    Anyone know of a solution or a way to make this work?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/davvyCrocker
    [link] [comments]

    Boomr HR Solution Terminating Contract with International Customers. Similar/Better Alternatives?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:33 AM PDT

    Boomr Gave me the 30 day heads-up they've been purchased and will be terminating my account because I live in Canada.

    I've seen a bunch of reviews, but there's a lot of pros and cons with each platform. I'd really gotten to like Boomr (despite some finnicky business for Android).

    submitted by /u/asovietfort
    [link] [comments]

    Buy the building?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:23 AM PDT

    My wife and I own (and she operates) a specialty Gluten Free bakery. We currently have an 850 sq ft retail shop where we do both retail sales as well as bake for a number of wholesale accounts. Doors have been open just over 2 years and even with Covid, we're doing amazingly well. We've been talking about the need for a larger space and have been looking around at rentals in shopping centers in our area. Currently, we are paying just over $1800 a month for rent and CAM charges and can afford up to 3K with no changes to our business. My wife would like to expand our bakery to also be a small cafe\bagel shop as there is a LOT of demand in our area for something like this and no one else is filling that demand. This past weekend we came across a small commercial building nearby thats for sale. There are 2 retail units in the building at 1900 sq ft each. One unit is empty and the other is a dry cleaner shop. The building is listed for $679K but I think I can get it for around $600K. The cleaner has a lease through 2028, wants to stay in the building and currently pays $3400 a month in rent. Obviously, I would get a structural engineer to do a very thorough inspection of the property before making any commitments but it really seems like a no-brainer for us to try and purchase the building instead of renting. The unit that we would be moving into was a Delicatessen up until a few years ago so there is already a commercial kitchen, but we would need to do some construction to make the kithchen larger to meet our needs. If we can get the mortgage, after construction and moving costs, our portion of the monthly "rent" would be less than what we pay now for a much smaller space with no equity.

    Thoughts? Am I crazy?

    submitted by /u/dragonzim
    [link] [comments]

    Rant/discussion

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:34 AM PDT

    I have no false realities that running a business is easy in any way or the chance of success, no matter how hard you work, is gauranteed.

    I moved 1000s of miles, changed jobs, getting married, and am buying a brand new built house in an old neighborhood that I absolutely love (besides the neighbor giving us shit about a skinny unhealthy palm tree on the property line where we would like a fence, to block his ugly fence he won't let us replace).

    But honestly my new job is more on the business/pharmacy side of healthcare. I'm a RN, but I work more in logistics of getting a very expensive medication to the patient. I email/call doctors/nurses/patients/families/ pharmacies all day and night. I travel a lot, sometimes out of state, to see patients and start them on meds. I love this job and it beats working the hospital floor wiping poo for 12 hours while getting yelled at about cold meatloaf as you keep them alive.

    But while moving, traveling, getting married, and building a house over the past few months I've had to deal with a lot of different companies. Insurance, wedding stuff, hotels, gyms, contractors, boat sales, and the list goes on and most of them are on the smaller side because I try to always support small business.

    85% OF COMPANIES HAVE NO COMMUNICATION SKILLS. I don't expect a reply to an email in an hour, but within a day maybe two shouldn't be crazy Also when they do reply, they usually don't even answer the question I asked. Just gloss over it and ask me about payment or confirm appointment. I give physical labor contractors a little more lee way because if they're a small business on a big job, but seriously in the day of easy access to communication, most of the business' I deal with are horrendous.

    I couldn't imagine if a doctor/pharmacist/ patient emailed me about their meds, not getting back to them within 12 hours of a business day.

    I have always toyed with the idea of figuring out something to start a business with and the more I deal with others, I feel like I could definitely succeed. This is also easy for me to say sitting in my salary position without ever doing it haha.

    TLDR: COMMUNICATION SUCKS

    submitted by /u/oatmeal_huh
    [link] [comments]

    My side hobby has started making money. Where do I begin to figure out how to add sales tax, report this income, decide what I can write off, and file as a sole proprietor?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    I'm a total and complete noob at anything financial. But my hobby has turned into definitely a small business, and I need to protect myself from an audit or anything like that.

    My business is strictly services, no actual exchange of goods.

    Thanks SO much for any advice!

    submitted by /u/okaybutfirstcoffee
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to share my free B2B lead generation tool?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:44 PM PDT

    Best way to share my free B2B lead generation tool?

    Long story short, I had trouble finding custom boxes and packing materials for a small glass whiteboard company, so I created a B2B platform focused on generating quotes quickly and efficiently for the packing and corrugated box industry. It started as a little side project, and then it grew. I've talked with many small to medium sized manufacturers excited to sign up and use the tool. Just this week I've been getting quote requests coming through and passing them along to manufacturers and distributors. I'd like to share the tool with as many as I can but since it's really just a labor of love right now I don't have a huge budget. What's the best way to keep growing this tool organically? Here's the link to the tool if you'd like to check it out! Quobiz.com

    submitted by /u/DMac-77
    [link] [comments]

    Are you glad you started professionally baking?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    I am in the beginning stages of starting a at home baking business. Down the road I may move to a storefront. I am wondering, for those of you who started baking professionally, are you glad you did? Did it change your passion for baking? What would you go back and tell yourself at the beginning?

    submitted by /u/TheFancyBagel
    [link] [comments]

    How start-up trade contact for Gold and Timber

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 01:57 AM PDT

    l have long sermoned people , luck is when preparation meets opportunity . But this time around am the victim . l am on a Rotary trip for the Polio and back to school session 2020 - 2021 in an African country . l came across and autonomous but very poor community but very reach in Gold , timber and white and black pepper being one of their main agricultural activity , to serve the local neigbouring markets .l have been cornered for potential buyers in return to build their comuunity and l have no idea where to begin . You advice will be a step getting me into the business world .

    submitted by /u/greerjovan
    [link] [comments]

    Creating a website for a starting business

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    I need some guidance in creating a website with no coding experience (basically a beginner) that is SEO friendly and is cost effective. I'm open to all suggestions. Thank you, you all stay safe and take care.

    submitted by /u/CJG2318
    [link] [comments]

    Need some advice on an idea, building a paid group platform.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 04:46 PM PDT

    Hello everyone. So I built this simple paid group platform. It lets a person create a Facebook like group, but instead of it being free like on FB, people need to subscribe and pay the owner of the group a small monthly fee. Say $2 or $3 dollars. The money goes directly to the owner's Paypal account. No middle man. Anyone administering a Facebook group will understand that this solves the Spam problems. Still, I feel like the idea is not very good and that nobody would pay even a dollar when they are used to joining groups for free.

    Should I continue with this idea? The software is ready and works well, but no Homepage or marketing plan. What is your opinion on this?

    submitted by /u/estebansaa
    [link] [comments]

    Besides Elon Musk, what are some other examples of individuals or companies who were exceptionally successful in a highly competitive industry?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:29 PM PDT

    Ideally on a similar scale to Musk where they jumped right past the competition

    submitted by /u/burgeroburger
    [link] [comments]

    How to Grow your Business on Instagram in 2020

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:23 PM PDT

    Instagram

    Who doesn't know a thing or two about that social media platform.

    25 million businesses are on Instagram trying to get a share of the 1 billion+ users on the platform.

    Are you using Instagram for business?

    If you are not, then you are missing out on the 200 million+ users who visit business profiles on Instagram everyday

    Did you know that Instagram for business has features to help grow your business?

    Find out what Instagram for business is and how it can help you grow your business faster.Read More

    submitted by /u/ConfidentBlogger
    [link] [comments]

    How do I go about finding an investor?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    I am a small business owner and I am ready to take my business to the next level but I will need an investor to do so. I will need an investment of $20,000 for 7% of my business. Can anyone offer some advice on how I should go about finding an investor?

    submitted by /u/complicatedfairy
    [link] [comments]

    staking method at Swap Hub

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    When you pool with Uniswap, LP tokens will be automatically transferred to your MetaMask wallet. You can earn profits from mining by staking this LP token on Swap Hub. You can access Swap Hub from the URL below.

    https://swaphub.finance/

    submitted by /u/shlok6988
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best bank for small business?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    I need to choose a bank (UK) as a small new business with very little experience, which one has the best resources to help me out and what are your experience's of them

    submitted by /u/wishfullbeggar
    [link] [comments]

    Staying motivated after losing investor

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 02:37 PM PDT

    My friends and family are a little tired of me reddit, so I hope you will listen🙂

    This is going to be a little long. TLDR: if you had an initial or early setback, how long did it take you to recover and relaunch? Whether you did or did not stay the course, do you regret your decision?

    I registered a food business right before covid really hit us. It did, but I got to work on recipe development and testing, getting a tiny focus group together, testing containers, sourcing supplies, setting up contracts and scouting locations. I even started running proper ads on social media.

    I saw we'd need an injection of cash (~$5,000) to get us to launch, so I reached out to traditional lenders. They were not lending to new businesses. That's fine, I said. I'll pound the virtual pavement. I pitched on an angel network and I started reaching to investors directly, through LinkedIn mostly. A few responded with lots of advice, including saying where I might have better success (if I'd been in business longer, it turned out). One, a personal contact, was surprisingly nasty, but I don't dwell. Most ignored me. After maybe 7 weeks I set up a crowdfunding campaign, then one investor overseas gave me a "yes" for the full amount and at the terms I suggested.

    I deleted my campaign with a quickness! I was glad to, because it was a last resort (I felt a little guilty about "free" money in these times). We spoke, video chatted, they did their due diligence and we were finally ready to move on. Just as we were about to sign, they had to pull out.

    Like most entrepreneurs, I firmly believe in my idea and my early testing shows viability. I also believe in the impact it will have on the community (through causes we would align with), and I want to realize that impact. That's kept wind beneath my wings, so I am resuming my search in non/conventional ways.

    The idea of doing this for, say, 3 more months is daunting, so I would love to hear from anyone who's had a setback when they were starting out or early on. Whatever you say will be appreciated. Please note I am not in the US, so there are suggestions that I won't be able to follow up on. I am looking for anecdotes (whether motivational ones or ones that tell me to stop dreaming/get real).

    submitted by /u/thebittiestbits
    [link] [comments]

    Question on tax/where to found company? (US or UK)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    Hey guys, so basically I'm about to legally start a small tech business (Deals with domestic software development) I'm free the UK and my partner is from the US, we were wondering which one is the best to legally start the company as to pay the least amount in taxes and such?

    ANY help would be amazing, we're both puzzled!

    submitted by /u/International_Age_53
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice about starting a small business

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 04:34 AM PDT

    Long story short; a few months back a workplace accident that severly impaired my ability to work in my original profession. I will probably get some money in the end because of this, but I have no idea when, neither can my lawyer say anything concrete. Also it would be nice to do something productive with my time again. Tryed getting a different job, but given that I have a permanent injury and no college education, I didn't have much luck.

    Now my emergency money is running out and my folks really depended on my income, when I worked abroad. The past months I really didn't know what to do and I still don't, but I started thinking about owning a business, but it's really overwhelming and I have no idea where to start.

    Unfortunately, even If I could afford to hire some people to do the actual installation and buy more tools, I don't have the contacts needed to start a contractor business, so pretty much anything related to my trade is a no go.

    I have a 4-5 thousand euros to my name. Can I realistically start a business from this amount of cash? I don't expect to be the next Microsoft, I just want something that could make me enough to get by. Can you guys recomment anything that fits my criteria and would have enough demand?

    submitted by /u/MurkyMistake
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking about moving my small business from the US to the EU

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    My husband and I have a totally online business which supports us well.

    As I look out over the horizon... between the US. Brexit and the EU... clearly the EU is the only adult in the room.

    Luckily, my husband is a first gen from Ireland, so he automatically gets dual citizenship in Ireland, which means all 27 countries of the EU.

    Any thoughts on moving a business from the US to the EU? More specifically, Dallas to the Netherlands?

    submitted by /u/KimbaXO
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment