• Breaking News

    Friday, October 9, 2020

    Constant hounding after my mom’s death Real Estate

    Constant hounding after my mom’s death Real Estate


    Constant hounding after my mom’s death

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:31 PM PDT

    My mom passed away less than two months ago and since then I have received multiple texts (on both my and my mom's phone) and at least ten letters from real estate agents and investors asking me to sell the house. I have absolutely no plans to sell since I lived with my mom at the time of her passing and can't imagine moving anytime soon.

    Is there a way to stop this? Quite honestly, it is very upsetting and I am tired of receiving them. Do I just have to deal with it and hope they stop soon? Do I need to get my lawyer involved? I get that some people would want help in this situation, but it feels like I'm being harassed at this point.

    I don't know if this is the right sub to ask this question, but I'm not sure where else to ask. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/nczipp
    [link] [comments]

    The worst part of home buying is the money lost when the deal falls through

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:34 AM PDT

    My partner and I recently tried to purchase a home, and now we're out $1500 after inspection and title search. Turns out the house had a failing leach field and undrinkable well water. The title search had already been completed, so we're on the hook for that, and of course the inspections (which are more expensive when you have well and septic as opposed to city sewer/water).

    Edit to clarify: I don't regret getting the inspection. I'd never buy a house without one, but I do hate the lost money.

    submitted by /u/hitzchicky
    [link] [comments]

    Got our keys today!

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    I just wanted to say thank you to those in this sub. It was definitely beneficial and a peace of mind to ask my questions here.

    Best of luck to those house hunting!

    submitted by /u/positivefeelings1234
    [link] [comments]

    Using realtor's time - how do realtors feel about showing properties to buyers who are not actively shopping?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    I love real estate as a hobby. I love looking at some interesting homes in my area, to get interior design ideas, compare real estate values, etc, but I am not actively in the market to buy anything.

    I debated if it's wasting an agent's time just to go look at homes for this purpose, from time to time.

    Last year I was not actively shopping at all, but in the course of looking at some homes, I ended up buying 2 homes that turned out to be great investments. This year I was not actively shopping, but ended up buying a future dream home as well. I ended up transacting in about $3 million in real estate in the last 12 months, even though I had no intention to do so originally.

    After those deals, I honestly think I'm done buying for now. But I still want to look at homes. There is a small chance that if I do stumble onto something very interesting, I might buy it, but I don't have any firm plans to do so.

    How would you feel as a realtor, if you had me as your client? I would share the fact that I am not buying anything in particular, but like to look at homes. You would know that I did end up buying homes in the past just looking at homes, but don't have any plans or need to buy anything for now. Would you think I would be wasting your time if I kept looking at various homes and don't have any active plans to buy?

    submitted by /u/UIUC_grad_dude1
    [link] [comments]

    Housemate still stays the night even though she moved out last week.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 12:32 AM PDT

    Last week, one of my housemates moved out. I was away for the weekend & didn't know what happened. I was pissed off because she left without warning & it screwed the rest of us that are still there in terms of rent having to pay for her share.

    This afternoon, that said housemates arrives & says she's going to spend the night there.

    Can we still ask her for rent?

    submitted by /u/88toddler
    [link] [comments]

    Q regarding earnest money (waiting for closing day) NJ

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:52 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, , My wife and I are purchasing a condo. We submitted an offer in late July and after inspection, appraisal and back and forths we are waiting for closing.

    The problem right now is our lender. We were supposed to close on August 28th and our lender keeps pushing it back. It is now Oct 9th and we still don't know when our closing is. We were supposed to close this past Friday, which I took off from work, only to find out halfway through the day that it was getting pushed to Monday because of a discrepancy with the closing disclosure. Then this past Monday it got pushed to Wednesday because they couldn't get in touch with my former employer. Wednesday was pushed to Thursday (yesterday) because now they claim they need a document from the HOA and today I'm in limbo.

    At this point I'm in the red at work. The company I work for downsized 25% because of covid. Me being absent takes a huge toll. I care about my job and it sucks when I take off for no reason because I know what goes on and how much damage im causing by not being there. So at this point I decided to not take off and to only close during hours after work. Fine.

    Thing is I'm also very much done with the lender and the property and would very much like to pull the plug. I don't even want the condo anymore. My wife either. Our lenders negligence took that from us. Why can't lenders be held responsible for pushing the closing so many times?

    The contract clearly states that "time is of the essence" and yet, we're over a month overdue for closing. Is there really no way for me to back out and keep my earnest money becuase of lenders negligence? What steps could I take other than sitting out?

    My current landlord is already booking to show the apartment I'm renting. I have to be out in one week. What am I to do in this situation?

    Any help if greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/oxidax
    [link] [comments]

    Down payment

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:58 PM PDT

    I had a question but no luck on finding an answer. My parents have signed papers and whatnot as well as put a payment down for buying a new house. As they were in the process of this they kept pulling their credit score to show proof etc, which apparently lowered their score in the process. Now someone is asking them to put 2-3k usd more on the downpayment. Can they do this? What should one do? We were supposed to have it locked in and move by next month but now we are unsure what to do.

    submitted by /u/lnue
    [link] [comments]

    Seller had 30 days after close to remove items, items still there

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    (as a preface, I called my attorney but they are closed until tomorrow)

    Hey yo! I'd like your opinions on my situation. Purchased house on sept 8th after 52 day closing. Contract stated "Buyer agrees to giving the seller 30 days after closing to empty barn" Tonight is Oct 8th, exactly 30 days after closing and the barn is still 30-40% still filled with tools/junk. He only started moving stuff out about 3-4 days ago claiming "I was out of town the last two weeks for some stuff"

    As I see it, starting midnight, those items are now my possession. I'd say there is close to $2-3k worth of tools and lots of random junk (picture frames, old dolls, scrap metal, etc). Do you think It would be within my rights to bill the seller for having to clean out his junk? I don't want to take all that heavy metal and crap to the junk yard nor pay for it to be removed. If I could, how much do you think I could charge? Id say you could fill 2 medium sized uhaul trucks of junk.

    Could I run into any legal trouble by going through his old stuff he left and taking his tools? For reference, there are tools like a table saw, drill press, motor lift/jack, nail gun(s), scaffolding, etc.

    TLDR: Seller left ~3k of tools and lots of junk after closing, is it mine now?

    submitted by /u/i3uu
    [link] [comments]

    Closing Costs When Buying a Wholeseller

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:54 PM PDT

    How are closing costs normally handled when buying a wholesale deal? I am viewing a property tomorrow marketed by a wholeseller, and I am curious if the buyer usually pays for the attorney, title, etc, or if those costs are split, or if the wholeseller pays them. What would you consider the norm on a wholesale deal? I know it can vary deal to deal.

    submitted by /u/onthemove1901
    [link] [comments]

    What is the average number of homes to look at and/ or make offers on m?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    My husband and I have looked at around 20 houses in person and at least a dozen more online. We've made offers on two that didnt work out; by Monday we'll probably make two more. There's a lot of great houses in our area, but they also get a ton offers and are gone very quickly. Im not sure when our good luck will run out as far as there always being another house we like the next time we look.

    I'm starting to feel really antsy about it though, like we just need to make a choice already, but my husband is very indecisive and scared of offering more than asking price (in case he somehow loses more money than he should). I just last week convinced him against asking sellers to pay closing.

    We have until February before we really need to move, but our target was some time in December. I also feel like we're starting to waste our agent's time at this point.

    submitted by /u/doveclyn
    [link] [comments]

    First time paranoid homebuyer!

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:38 PM PDT

    I am a first time house buyer but i am getting paranoid about the fact that my realtor might up the price for his commission. Can this happen? How can i have transparency and protect myself? Or ami just acting paranoid!

    submitted by /u/Striking_Insurance16
    [link] [comments]

    Seller needs to stay after closing because their seller is delaying moving out?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    This is a fairly complicated situation, so I hope I am explaining it well enough.

    There are three parties involved:

    Party #1: OP

    Party #2: The seller

    Party #3: The seller's seller

    -----------------------------------

    Party #1 is closing on a property on October 16th and we were planning on fully moving in by end of October (~2 weeks to comfortable move in). This date was chosen because Party #2 said they are able to move out earlier after discussing it with Party #3. However, the contract between Party #3 and Party #2 is written November 2nd and it seems like it's a verbal agreement of sorts for Party #2 to move in earlier.

    Party #3 informed Party #2 that they will not be able to move out on their verbally agreed date and will need to revert back to November 2nd. This cascades back to Party #1 and now we will certainly need to stay past October 31st as Party #2 won't move out till after November 3rd.

    Party #1 already allowed Party #2 to stay 5 days after closing so that they could move out. But now it's looking like they will need to stay about 14 additional days while they wait for Party #3 to close.

    So now we need to speak with our landlord and ask if we can stay an extra week and pay a daily rate of sorts. What happens if he doesn't allow us to do that and asks for the entire month's rent?

    Also, our agent said we can charge them a daily rate of our Principle, Interest, HOA, and Taxes. Is this the best approach?

    Ultimately, I want the best solution for all parties and I don't want to kick out Party #2 to a hotel or something for a few weeks. But I also don't want to put my family in an awkward situation.

    submitted by /u/Yeet-O-saurus-Rex
    [link] [comments]

    Who pays “banks attorney”?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    Buying first home and as expected people and bills come out of the wood work. I've got my attorney, the seller has their attorney, and I guess the bank needs one too to represent them at close? Who pays them and (betting its me) how much do they cost?

    submitted by /u/buffaloop567
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the latest you can close on a house? Closing delayed due to bank issues

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 09:23 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Long story short, the bank made a mistake and theres a chance tomorrows closing may be delayed until Tuesday. This would be awful as we had painters and furniture scheduled to come over the weekend. They said there is a chance they can get it done in time but it would be a stretch, what is the latest there is a chance to close?

    submitted by /u/Joe_Tazuna
    [link] [comments]

    Closing Costs

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    I am particularly having trouble with the escrow fees. Can some one please clarify why i would have to pay 13 months of property taxes?

    • Homeowner's insurance for 5 mo. 625
    • Property Taxes for 13 mo. 11,504
    • Initial Escrow payment at closing 12,129

    Saved up for good down payment but the realization of how much cash to close has me questioning everything. 6k closing costs plus the $12,129 escrow im having a hard time understanding.

    submitted by /u/austinvill10
    [link] [comments]

    Real Estate Agents, have you ever handed a client off to someone else and for what reason?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    If you're a real estate agent, have you ever had a client that was so hard to deal with that you ended up breaking off the agent/home buyer relationship? If so, whats your story.

    submitted by /u/Periodicowner123
    [link] [comments]

    First time home buyer. Please help!

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    Hope this is okay to post here.

    Hello all,

    I initially posted this in a local subreddit but wasn't getting much help. Some of the post has Denver specific things in it but general information on how this process works will be so helpful.

    As the title says, here in the next few months I am hoping to buy my first home.

    I was hoping any of you could share some info/advice, realtors to avoid or seek out, help with the first time home buyer process, ANYTHING!

    I've heard about using CHFA but, I have absolutely no idea where to start. Do I get prequalified first, then reach out to CHFA? Should I contact a realtor and have them direct me through the process? Who should I prequalify through? Should I use a bank I have an established relationship with (Bellco, Chase) or like Rocketmortgage? Or something similar. Should I avoid a "build" situation (new neighborhood developments where you have a say in certain design elements)?

    Please help. I am so excited about this but I feel like I'm walking into a cave with no flashlight so to speak.

    Thank you so much in advance.

    I am located in Denver CO.

    submitted by /u/sauceyyy924
    [link] [comments]

    House with Crawl Space Issues - Am I Crazy?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    So this house we liked a lot, things moving along great. But we had some doubts as to work done in the crawl space.

    Long story short, I got the structural engineer over. He went in the crawl space. I went in the crawl space. And yeah - this work is absolutely not "professionally done" at all. This should be fixed.

    It isn't just that the crawl space doesn't have any vapor barrier or ventilation (at least it isn't wet in there - sandy soil), but the house had like 5 additions, and each time the work to tie into the foundation was just ... awful. Completely amateur work.

    This is in a shore area, so very likely it was a little cottage/seasonal that they blew out several times to make into a house.

    Anyway, we documented this. Went back to the sellers. They are willing to come down (without any negotiation) close to 10% on the deal, and cover my closing costs.

    Am I crazy for considering coming back with a number around 15% or even more, and hope they bite? They very much have this hanging over their heads.

    submitted by /u/Natural_Conclusion
    [link] [comments]

    Should I low ball

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    Property is located literally in the middle of nowhere, 30. Minutes from closest store.... Been on the market for 121 days Seller dropped 3.5k off last month House needs new carpet, literal yellow nicotine stains scrubbed off wall, and water damage repaired Listing agent stated she thinks it should be condemned, I know I can fix it all myself I know it's a sellers market but something like this i believe calls for a low ball offer.... what percentage wise is considered low ball?

    submitted by /u/dyinginthesnow2
    [link] [comments]

    Buyers want to take possession three days early.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:28 AM PDT

    Our buyer's lender was delayed getting the CD out and now tomorrow's closing has been pushed to Tuesday. They have nowhere to go and nowhere to store their stuff (in the middle of the month?!). They requested that they be able to move in on Saturday and transfer utilities to their name to show willingness to close the deal.

    Thanks to this sub, I can confidently say NO THANK YOU to that noise. I do feel bad for them and they have been beyond decent but... NO.

    Do you guys think it would be a bad idea to at least let them park their uhaul in the driveway to help them out a little bit, or should we just make them wait till closing regardless? (The dude is already getting mail there which annoys me so... I could really go either way on this).

    I want to be kind but I also don't want to open ourselves up to a nightmare. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/betty965
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a bad time to buy a house?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:53 PM PDT

    My family (located in Las Vegas) are currently renting and were looking to buy a house about 6 months from now but their landlords are getting older and are deciding to sell their houses and said that they have until the end of November to leave. They are now getting ready to buy a house because they don't want to rent again and get stuck in a lease.

    People have been saying it's a horrible time to buy a house but they really don't have any other option right now.

    So my question is, is it a bad time to buy a house? What should we look out for? What should we do?

    submitted by /u/rysecornelius
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, probably a very naive question. What are my options if I don't want to rent, don't want a tiny home, but also don't want to drown in debt for the next thirty plus years?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    I've worked very hard to climb myself out of debt and I am in very good standing, and I hate the thought of starting all over again, but I am so tired if renting and tiny is too tiny. Any and all advice is welcome - if my question is really stupid please don't be too harsh on me.

    submitted by /u/Berrellie
    [link] [comments]

    Is LoanDepot.com and AmeriHome the same company?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:11 PM PDT

    I just noticed that LoanDepot.com and AmeriHome uses the same address for processing hazard insurance updates. Here is LoanDepot.com's servicing info: https://www.loandepot.com/about/loan-servicing. Here is AmeriHome's: https://loanadministration.net/policies/AmeriHome-Servicing-Contact-CL-January-2015.pdf .

    Oddly enough, if I click on www.mycoverageinfo.com, which is a link on LoanDepot.com's site, I can input my AmeriHome info and the site pulls it up.

    submitted by /u/Qacer
    [link] [comments]

    Closing disclosure signed - USDA

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    FTHB here. Getting a bit anxious so I hope someone can shed some light as the answer that I got from my loan officer wasn't too helpful.

    Basically, we are (were?) supposed to close tomorrow. The closing disclosure was signed back on Tuesday. Yesterday I asked my loan officer what's next. He said that if everything goes well with the escrow company we should be fine. Today I asked whether we could close tomorrow, and his answer is that they're still waiting for the USDA (???).

    In your experience, with USDA or otherwise, how long does it take to close after the closing disclosure papers have been signed? I know they should be signed (and usually are signed) at least 3 days before closing. But how much longer could that be? And moreover, what exactly is it that happens in that period of time?

    submitted by /u/26666666
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment