• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 17, 2020

    Accounting You guys don't play golf or travel??

    Accounting You guys don't play golf or travel??


    You guys don't play golf or travel??

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    FAR

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    Closest I’ve seen to a “perfect” CPA run

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 05:19 AM PDT

    I'm in tax and have this hanging up by my desk

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    PwC punching the air right now

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    Full disclosure: found on insta

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    String of Firms Imploded Have Something in Common: EY Audited Them.. While it wasn’t possible to pinpoint why EY has had so many recent audit clients with scandals elements of EY’s business strategy might help explain.. EY focuses more than other firms on auditing young, fast-growing tech companies

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    ACCA gang please stand-up

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 06:49 AM PDT

    Big 4 Tax Associate- Exit Opportunities?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    What are some common jobs outside of public accounting people generally transition to at this level, or are the quality exit opportunities exclusive to seniors and higher? Also, what do those positions pay? How long does one need to stay in public accounting to secure the best oppportiuntiy for oneself to transition to one of these jobs? Also, are certain companies constantly recruiting (obviously depends on state of economy) big 4 talent? Lot of questions, but lmk. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/PomegranateAlive
    [link] [comments]

    How much do you have in savings/investments/debts?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    I am curious how much my fellow accountants are saving/investing given their income & how fast you paid off your student loans if you had them. I'm trying to get a moderately accurate idea of my next few years financially. I can start.

    Age: 23

    Job: started as an associate in June. Finished up a master's degree in May.

    Income: $3,300 a month net of retirement/HI/withholding. (40k net a year)

    Expenses: ~$1,600 a month.

    Savings: measly $4k.

    Debt: only student loans... Just under $30k w/ no interest due until December.

    I was a full time intern December 2019-August. In that time I saved about $12k, almost all of which was used up during my 9 month program on living expenses, so I basically started my job with -$30k.

    I am thinking if I can save about $1k a month, putting the remainder toward student loans, by the time I have about $10k I can put all extra money toward student loans and potentially pay them off in 2 - 3 yrs.

    I've basically been on the precipice of breaking even since I started college in 2015. The only time I actually had more than a few thousand in savings was when I was working as a full time intern... I'm looking forward to actually having my bank account in the 5 digits soon

    submitted by /u/quentin_taranturtle
    [link] [comments]

    [CAN] Wanting to make a fairly drastic career switch to CPA - advice

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    So as the title says I'm looking to make a pretty drastic career switch from working within the social services field (pay sucks, hours suck, benefits suck) to accounting. I have a 3 year advanced college diploma in my current field but I don't believe it would transfer to a university degree at all (some programs I've looked into my college can take off 1.5-2 years). Anyways I've been debating doing accounting and trying for CPA designation. Looking to see if anyone has made such a change and what obstacles you faced, did you feel the switch was worth it, and any other general advice! If it matters I'm an early 30's woman

    submitted by /u/Ogmomofboys
    [link] [comments]

    I need your advice guys

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 05:09 PM PDT

    I'm applying for accounting and finance program and I chose Budapest as my destination, the institute name is Budapest business school (university of applied sciences). What do you think?

    submitted by /u/nsuejeheue
    [link] [comments]

    B4 Audit - Thinking of leaving after 1.5 years

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    I've always got good/ honest advice from this subreddit in the past so here I am. I've been thinking of leaving Big 4 Audit after 1.5 years cause honestly I just don't like it; I don't see my self in audit in the future or in the industry. Don't ask me why I got started in the first place; it's a long story. The office I'm in is notorious for overwork & underpay and promotions are tough. All this combined really turns me off too. I'm not in a bad shape financially, thankfully. I can always start working with my father + I have also been working on an idea I've had and might set up a Company. My only concern is that in a few years if my idea fails, will finding work be impossible? I'm worried that this will affect future work possibilities.

    submitted by /u/kush73728
    [link] [comments]

    Work makes me think I have some kind of learning disability.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    Hi,

    This is not meant to be funny or a meme.

    When I ask someone to help me with an issue and they start explaining something to me i hear words but don't actually understand them. I ask questions for clarification but the same thing happens. It's even worse when someone shows me their work or does a step for me. I see but don't understand what they did. I tell the person I need to fully review what they did before I understand it. I try to do so but basically come to conclusion 10 minutes later that I don't have any idea what the person did.

    I know I should take notes and I do - and this does help with low cognition stuff like steps and process - but taking notes won't in itself make me understand new concepts faster.

    I'm told I shouldn't spin my wheels but if I were to ask someone for help any time something tricky comes up I would quickly become unpopular in the office. The other day I spent about 90 minutes trying reconcile 3 tax transactions to a balance.

    I've recently begun my second staff level position in public accounting, less than a year's worth of experience. I've no illusions about myself. I'm not going to get to partner or manager within any reasonable time, if ever, but I'd at least like to be a mean level competent staff. Just a meat and potatoes level employee.

    It's like I'm telling my brain to work and my brain responds with, "bro, are you serious right now? I'll be back when you get this accounting shit out of my face."

    Edit: regarding the tax transactions, I called over a neighbor after giving up, and he, with no background knowledge of the file basically solved it in less than 5 minutes, barely even thinking about it as he did.

    submitted by /u/upchuk13
    [link] [comments]

    Why big4 force macros in excel for large sets of data instead of proper programs for that tasks (python, r, etc.)?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    Cheapest way to hit 150 credits on a poverty budget?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    Hi all, I can't spend too much money on classes because I have a baby on the way. I want to take cheap online classes to fulfill the 150 credit requirement but I don't know which classes are accepted. An older coworker of mine said that community college courses are a no-go. I live in California. Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/SenatorLelandYee
    [link] [comments]

    Is it better to work as much as you can when you’re young?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    Like I'm in B4 audit and I'm thinking of asking permission from HR so I can do food delivery weekends

    submitted by /u/freedybox
    [link] [comments]

    Which tax service is “best” in your opinion?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    For me, I'm torn between M&A and SALT. Is there a better service than these?

    submitted by /u/SleepInTheGrave
    [link] [comments]

    LPT: Don't Use Twitter or Tik Tok for Tax Information

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    Serious question: can an accountant afford a certain type of car?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    Can an accountant afford a bmw m4? Fuck college im done with this shit and who cares what i major in ima work till i die At least i can afford a nice car while im at So serious question. Can i afford a bmw m4?

    submitted by /u/NoobNoob__
    [link] [comments]

    How can I learn more about accounting / the business field?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    I spent the majority of my undergrad convinced I wanted to become a doctor, so I mostly know about medical related stuff in terms of career paths and just general knowledge about the medical field from all the research I've done in pursuit of becoming a doctor.

    However, recently, and after much thought, I've decided to switch to business with a concentration in accounting. I love it so far and I feel I've made the best decision for me as a person, but I want to know more about the different paths I can go down in the business world; for instance, since I'm only working on my pre-business courses right now, I can still choose between accounting, finance, real estate, marketing, information management, or economics.

    Many people on here have been recommending investment banking and I have absolutely no clue what that is or if it's even possible for me to get into that field. Since I was a kid I've been sort of obsessed with houses and buildings, so I think real estate would be a suitable field for me, however I'm unsure of whether or not it's an economically stable field to go into.

    After so much research I knew pretty much everything about the career paths in the medical field (E.g. to become a doctor you need 4 years of premed courses and then 4 years of medical school and then about 2-5 years of residency depending on the specialty)

    I want to be on that level of understanding in terms of business. I'm an extremely picky person and don't want to end up in a field that I dislike, or have missed any awesome opportunities. I'm also extremely introverted and hate socializing so I would prefer a career that caters to that.

    submitted by /u/kataccountant
    [link] [comments]

    Big 4 Tax vs. F250 FLDP

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    Hello /r/accounting, I have a Big 4 Tax internship next spring when I start grad school. I just got an offer to do an F500 co-op next year, which feeds into a 3-year FLDP. I'm not expecting any issues doing both the co-op and grad school, I'm more curious about career choices after I graduate.

    I've talked to lots of tax public accountants who come on campus for events, and I feel reasonably certain that I would be a good fit for tax. One of the areas I could rotate in with the FLDP is tax.

    I'm gonna go in with an open-mind into my Big 4 tax internship, but would it be so bad if I went the F500 route instead (if I am given an FLDP offer)?

    I like the flexibility of the B4 (national recognition, offices all over the country), which is a strong plus in my mind.

    EDIT: Another plus for B4 is the various amount of industries I'd experience, while for FLDP, I have to be sure that I like their industry.

    submitted by /u/GloBoy54
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment