• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 14, 2020

    Accounting Why are people like this?

    Accounting Why are people like this?


    Why are people like this?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    There's an interesting overlap!

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    First years during their busy season

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    Yeah, that’s now how it works.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    Got my first FT offer!

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 03:10 PM PDT

    I'm so excited! My resume is pretty bad comparing to my peers, so I didn't bother to apply BIG4 and this "Top5 accounting firm 😂"is my target company.

    I'm so ready to complain about public accounting on this sub!!

    submitted by /u/accy312help
    [link] [comments]

    CCH just told my firm that our tax software has coronavirus

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 02:26 PM PDT

    To all clients that submitted their data late and then we have to beg them for e-file forms:

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    Does anyone else listen to heavy metal/screemo while they do their mindless accounting job?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    Just curious what y'all listen to all day while we wage slave together

    submitted by /u/noonematters2
    [link] [comments]

    Absolutely loathing my career choices

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    Every time I visit accounting sub, it physically makes me sick and jealous, seeing all the people working at public accounting firms. I wasn't able to get into public accounting because I was too dumb during college and only applied to big 4 because I thought good GPA + experience would get me into these firms but I was wrong. I got rejected from all of them. I became depressed and just took a lowly clerk job and then a mediocre staff accountant job. Even after passing my CPA in the midst of the pandemic, I doubt public firms are even hiring. All I see are just ONE posting for experienced hires for almost all the firms. I'm pretty sure there are 200+ applicants for these attractive positions. I also see job posting EVERYWHERE, preferring either big 4 experience or just a public accounting experience. I see people with big 4 getting offers every week. I truly believe big 4 experience >>>> CPA EASILY. It must be nice to have perpetual employment and have companies actively wanting you. You guys have it truly good. When you guys suffer remember that there are beta people like me who would kill for that position. Fight on dawgs

    submitted by /u/ryan95227
    [link] [comments]

    Are you sure Excel isn't great for data bases?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    GODDAMNIT!

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    Are there any NON big 4 public accounting firms that offer 40-45 hour work weeks year round?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 07:04 PM PDT

    What is 10/15 a deadline for for in tax?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    I'm a college student and want to email connections I made during recruitment events. What is 10/15 a deadline for? Do accounting professionals celebrate this as much as the 4/15 deadline?

    submitted by /u/purple5555
    [link] [comments]

    OPs in r/tax after learning about loopholes

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    10/12/2002. Edit: That was supposed to be an interesting title.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 05:36 PM PDT

    Client scanning ability

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 03:58 AM PDT

    When and how to reply to emails? SOS

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 10:45 PM PDT

    New hire here. I've been messaging managers and senior managers about engagements and whatever else. They've always been helpful but at one point, I'm not sure if I should keep emailing them back. It seems like some emails don't warrant responses because the conversation kind of... ends?

    So, when does an email require a response, do I respond to every email with a thank you or short note, or are there emails that don't require as much of a response? Casual emails maybe?

    submitted by /u/myownminithrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    Big 4 making people take unpaid leaves during WFH

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 10:30 PM PDT

    So this September I got into one of the Big4 firms (audit) and my main engagement should have started on 26th October. However, recently I was told that the start date was pushed back for a month, and I have to get booked otherwise the firm's HR told me that I have to get unpaid leave for that one month period. Is it a common practice in Big 4 during WFH? Is it legal?

    submitted by /u/IVIaXuIVIaJI_RJ
    [link] [comments]

    Crowe vs. RSM offers?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    I am a graduating senior with two offers from both Crowe and RSM in Chicago, both audit. I am struggling immensely with which one to choose. They are both amazing opportunities and I've been researching and comparing for over a week now and the decision is due soon. Can anyone speak about their experience working at either? From what I can tell, they both are amazing places to work, however Crowe is offering more. Some specific questions I have:

    What is the culture like?

    What is the technology like (I've heard that RSM is outdated) and how does that affect things?

    What are the clients like?

    What is busy season like (how many hours)?

    How much emphasis should be put on the rankings of the two?

    How fast do you move up/does the salary raise?

    submitted by /u/accounting_throw123
    [link] [comments]

    All time low

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    I've been working at a small public accounting firm for about 3 months now. I'm being paid hourly since I just got out of college. I had not expected this when I got here. This work is brutal af and so are the hours. Today I found myself hugging some freshly printed work papers just to feel something warm.. I need to find another profession... do any of y'all do this?

    submitted by /u/Chemistry_Careless
    [link] [comments]

    Are you secretive when looking for a new job?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 06:02 AM PDT

    I have a final round interview next week and I think I outed myself to my current firm when I put in my PTO request. This got me thinking, how open are you with your coworkers when searching? On one hand, I am concerned about negative backlash like a negative reference. On the other hand, I'm glad to possibly getting tf out of here.

    submitted by /u/TheTrashAccountant
    [link] [comments]

    How do you greet an interviewer at the start of the interview

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    Hi, good morning. Nice to meet you. What small talk can I talk about that's not weird.

    submitted by /u/bananayougurt
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone this recruiting season get B4 offers? & how quickly?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    Henlo !!

    Anyone this recruiting season interview for full-time audit positions at big 4 firms (in California) and get offers yet?

    Also how long after your final round did it take before they called you with the offer?

    TY :)

    submitted by /u/assuranceWOOP
    [link] [comments]

    At least 10/15 is on a Wednesday

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment