• Breaking News

    Friday, October 2, 2020

    Accounting Seems about right

    Accounting Seems about right


    Seems about right

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    I feel attacked

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    Why do partners shit so loudly?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:55 AM PDT

    Every day at around 9:30 after my first cup of coffee I take my morning poop. It's probably my favorite part of the work day but today as I was walking down the hall towards the bathroom I noticed a partner not too far behind me. I had a bad feeling because I've shit next to partners before and it's never fun. Anyways I walk into the bathroom and hold the door open for him and he gives me the typical "morning (my name) how's it going today?" small talk. I was really hoping he just had to pee but unfortunately we both end up walking towards the stalls. There are only two stalls in our bathroom so we each pick our respective stall and lock the door. As I sit down and quietly try to poo in peace this guy is pushing and grunting and ripping ass as loudly as possible with absolutely no shame. He has to eat like complete shit because this was definitely not a solid poop, but it seemed like it was the norm for him. He quickly wipes, and is out of there in like 2 minutes tops. The funny thing is this isn't an isolated experience. Partners always seem to shit so fucking loudly and confidently and it blows my mind. I can only hope to be that carefree about my bowel movements in public restrooms at some point in my life.

    submitted by /u/Anxious_Octane
    [link] [comments]

    2 months in I think I’m ready to become a Partner

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    It's coming

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 08:38 AM PDT

    It's heavily implied

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    WFH Interns bringing fraud to the Senior’s attention

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    Directors & partners suddenly scarce on this sub?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    Obviously this sub is mostly juniors & senior with a sprinkling of managers. But still.

    ...but I get the feeling directors and partners have become rather scarce on here in the last couple of months? Perhaps I'm just imagining things.

    (Shout out to the tax partner in the partner shitting loudly thread tho - representing)

    submitted by /u/AnomalyNexus
    [link] [comments]

    Protip for dating.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    At this point, I'm hesitant to say I'm a tax accountant. I just say I work in finance to make it sound cool. Last girl I went out with asked, what do you do? I told her I'm in tax accounting. Her reply was - sounds boring. I knew from that moment the date wouldn't go so well. Then she blocked me. Oh well. Thank you, next.

    submitted by /u/ConversationHeavy263
    [link] [comments]

    ��‍♀️

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    This during close....

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:33 AM PDT

    My fiancée told me I couldn't stop saying it won't balance in my sleep and how my files became unreadable

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    Where all timesheet defaulters at?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 08:32 AM PDT

    Curious about getting a raise after only working for 3 months

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:46 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    This may sound like a humble brag especially given the climate and the lay offs so I'm sorry in advance.

    I work for a mid-tier public firm and they sent out raises the other day. I only started as an associate a few months ago (but interned for a year in 2019) so when my coworker messaged me about their raise the thought didn't even cross my mind that I would be getting one this cycle (they always give out raises in September), however shortly thereafter I received an email with one.

    I am just wondering if that is normal- for associates who start in the summer to get a raise a few months later just because it's that time of year (or perhaps attributable to working the 7/15, 9/15, and 10/15 deadlines), or if normally they get skipped the first year and get their first raise the next cycle?

    Thanks in advance and apologies if this is a silly question.

    submitted by /u/quentin_taranturtle
    [link] [comments]

    EY's (in)famous prerecorded video interview

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    Good God, that was awful. There's just something incredibly awkward about talking to a little green light at the top of your computer screen.

    Anyone else have experience with this? My answers improved near the end, so I was thinking a callback might be possible, but it's been a few days now. Does anyone know what the timeline usually looks like?

    submitted by /u/Waxley
    [link] [comments]

    If I see one more Becker ad with Easy Pete on youtube I might lose it.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    Were any of you afraid to leave public accounting?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    I feel like this is all I know, but I want out. Also, I don't know what I want to do. I know I don't want to do public anymore and I'm not interested in doing consulting. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Unable-Scallion
    [link] [comments]

    How hard exactly is it to join the FBI/CIA?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm working in public right now and just need the experience portion to get my CPA license.

    I think like a fairly large portion of the population, joining something like the FBI/CIA would be a dream job. That being said, I obviously understand the insane competition in hiring within these orgs.

    Apart from just the numbers game, what other traits can really separate the good candidates from the rest? I don't think I'll ever join either of these programs due to a couple reasons (light drug use in College, and non confrontational personality), but a man can dream right?

    submitted by /u/spacesuit249
    [link] [comments]

    excel help: need a quick way to select a bunch of items in a data filter drop down menu

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    basically the title. i have to select like a hundred different account numbers from a data filter drop down menu that has like i dunno 500 different accounts. its gonna take forever to go one by one and check it against a list to make sure i have everything.

    submitted by /u/ecommercenewb
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of nonsense is this?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:54 PM PDT

    Watch "The accounting oligopoly: What’s next for the Big Four? | CNBC Explains" on YouTube

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    Thank you to the /r/accounting community

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:23 PM PDT

    You guys are hilarious, have taught me so much throughout college, grad school, and now as a full time public accountant. I've landed jobs and been able to participate in small talk with accountants before I had requisite experience thanks to the past 5 years of misery-lurking on this sub.

    it's a beautiful thing having somewhere to commiserate. The memes are always spicy and this basically feels like a faceless, jaded family.

    In 40 years we are all going to be "working from home" in Fiji at a time when we can be 100% remote. We will reminisce aloud about the crazy hours we worked in our 20's and 30's and the destruction of our first and second marriages to the first year associate who called to relay an open item list.

    The associate will nervously chuckle along while trying to figure out if listening to us ramble on about "covid," whatever that is, is billable time. They'll try to be personable and ask us how the weather is, while shivering with the heat off in their childhood Nebraska home, the only place they can afford to live on the salary we provide them. We will not feel guilty that we make 10x what they do because we put in the hours and climbed the ladder. Besides, they seemed to like the $50 visa gift card provided at the mandatory virtual Christmas party. Although we were about a bottle of whiskey in so it's kinda fuzzy.

    Either way though, we earned this. We will enjoy our pina coladas and not be ashamed that we have 36 years on our third wife. We are in love and this one is gonna last (she doesn't complain like the last 2!) Life is good and it's all thanks to this community.

    Good night love y'all

    submitted by /u/quentin_taranturtle
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment