• Breaking News

    Monday, October 12, 2020

    Accounting How my interview went this morning

    Accounting How my interview went this morning


    How my interview went this morning

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    pffft...(so salty)

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    From r/madlad

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 06:25 AM PDT

    “I will be taking time off from 3 social media sites, but you can find me on 3 other social media sites. I will then use social media to brag about taking time off social media.”

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 05:48 PM PDT

    @EY ��������

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    If you think they give one milli-fuck your nuts #EY #PTO #36M

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    This is me lmao

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 08:40 PM PDT

    Pretty sure I could power thr sun right now

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    I don't really know what I'm doing

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    My last year of college I really started to doubt the choices I made by going into accounting. A part of me was really interested in politics but feared the instability and low pay. But the start of senior year or hit me really hard. No matter what it was too late to do much. I couldn't really afford to change my major. The poli sci program at my school wasnt great so I would have needed to transfer, and I definitely couldn't afford that.

    I'm started at a big4 2 weeks ago and wow it's really hit me that I don't want to do this. I have passed 2 parts of the CPA exam. I just started.

    I guess my question is how soon is too soon to leave a big4? Obviously I'm not going to leave in the few months. My original plan was do about a year or 2 to really pay down my student loans then go into non profit work. Basically I have no idea what I want to do and I'm scared. I'm scared I wasted 4 years of college. I'm scared about this job. And I'm really scared about my future and I just don't have too many people I can talk to.

    submitted by /u/Bay_20
    [link] [comments]

    [Serious] Are you happy with how much money you make?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    I've always felt like for the type of work and the hours we pull, accountants are underpaid and underappreciated. Although I'm talking from a public accounting perspective - industry might be different.

    So, here is what we will do-

    Post the following in the comments:

    1. Age
    2. Level (A1, A2, A3, S1, S2, S3..., M1, M2, M3..., SM1, SM2, SM3.... (fuck you if you are a partner) - Industry people just post whatever your title is.
    3. Low, Medium, High COL
    4. Salary + Bonus
    5. Are you happy with how much you make? (Yes/No)

    At some points, I literally just stop giving a shit because I realize I do not get paid enough to deal with the amount of bullshit I have to deal with on a daily basis. If I got paid what I think I should be paid I would - but I don't. So here I am fuckin around on Reddit at 8:30 am on a nationally recognized holiday Monday that my firm does not give employees off instead.

    I have friends who are in other industries whos jobs literally seem like they walk through fields of dandelions while eating Munchkins every day at work. Granted, I make about 15-20% more than them (estimating) but they never work past 5 or on weekends. EVER. For me, 15-20% isn't worth it and I don't understand the people in the firm who justify to themselves that working all weekend is just part of the job. These people are brainwashed.

    submitted by /u/Endura_GW2
    [link] [comments]

    Only looking like you're giving 110%

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    I knew a guy who gave 110% all the time. He died of a brain hemorrhage a few weeks ago. Not saying the job killed him, idk what else was going on in his life but it certainly didn't help.

    So I thought it's smart to only look like you're giving 110% when bosses are around then revert back to putting in the bare minimum and slacking off at every opportunity you get.

    Is this doable in public accounting? I know Big 4 firms track billable hours, so how feasible is this approach in our industry?

    submitted by /u/Mustang9512
    [link] [comments]

    When you finally pass all four sections of the CPA exam and can move on with your life:

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    How do people interview while they’re still working?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 07:19 PM PDT

    Say you that you're a B4 auditor in busy season, how do find time in your day to have a 30 minute to 1 hour interview? Do you just do it during lunch?

    submitted by /u/throwaway0183619
    [link] [comments]

    Thought this belonged here

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 08:03 PM PDT

    Putting in notice right before 10/15

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 06:25 PM PDT

    I work in tax. I want to be out of this asap. New job starts November 4th and I wouldn't mind having a a few extra weeks before then. Scale 1-10, how unprofessional am I if I put in my two weeks notice tomorrow? Should I just suck it up until the 16th?

    submitted by /u/wearekinetic
    [link] [comments]

    Shout out to my tax brethren. How we doing heading into the last 3 days?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 08:16 AM PDT

    Corporate/International tax here. Somehow, despite everyone being more productive/chargeable in May-August than most years re lack of PTO, central training etc, we're still in the same fucking crunch time as last year.

    Charged 33 hours this weekend and I don't think I even captured all of the time spent. Still waiting on PBCs from two clients. And 5471s can go fuck themselves with a cactus.

    Personal highlight so far was sending a return to client and getting back "Thanks, but I don't see any reference to the Chinese subsidiary we incorporated in November 2019. May not have mentioned this previously - is this relevant?"

    Laptop nearly went out the window at that point.

    How's everyone else getting on?

    submitted by /u/darkseid365
    [link] [comments]

    Career Options RSM vs. KPMG

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    Hey everybody!

    I am almost at my 150 credits for the CPA Exam and I currently have two different job offers from RSM in auditing and KPMG in tax. I'm just curious what people's opinions of these firms were that have worked for them.

    I have been interested in Forensic Accounting but I feel like starting my career at a big four could open more career opportunities in the future. Please feel free to shoot out any advice you may have! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/OnionKnightSerDavos
    [link] [comments]

    Criminal Court Case Accounting

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 09:44 PM PDT

    Does anyone here have experience with accounting for county and/or city courts? I'm designing an accounting system to be used in the criminal sect of county courts and I'd love to hear feedback from others who've worked in the area whether it was day to day, year end closing, or auditing. The clerks who'll use the system on a daily basis usually aren't accounting savvy so I'm curious about what other accountants would want or expect.

    submitted by /u/rare27
    [link] [comments]

    How do people have time to find a wife when they are working in public accounting?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 05:08 AM PDT

    Since by the time you get home from work, your free time will mostly be used up by cooking and cleaning, and watching shows/playing video games

    submitted by /u/ChefWardell30
    [link] [comments]

    Download Stats Solutions for Accounting

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    New product needs a budget...the crazy got out

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    I've created a new product and have recieved enough capital to apply for a provisional patent and to have 125 parts made. I hope a formula is available, unlike my golf game my nomenclature is sub-par and I appreciate any articulate feedback.

    My sales goal is $30,000. Production cost is $20 Sales price is $50

    Question(s);

    How do I calculate the quantity of parts needed to sell every month for 1 year to generate $30,000 AND production cost starting with 125 parts? Does any of this make sense? Is any of the following correct?

    $30,000 / $30 (profit) = 1000 parts 1000 parts x $20 (cost) = $20,000 (production costs) $30,000 - $20,000 = $10,000 (profit after production costs) 3,000 parts to be sold to generate $30,000 250 parts sold per month $5,000/month production costs

    If sales starts with 125 parts and a $30 profit is this even possible in a years time. Maybe the question should be how long would it take.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/dykem2
    [link] [comments]

    Do I belong here?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 06:52 AM PDT

    Seems like nearly everyone on this sub either currently works in Public or started their career there. Is there anybody else on here that went the full-alternative route?

    I work as continuous internal audit and quality assurance for a sponsored research administration department. My job seems to be nothing like any of yours based on the posts, but I use the principles learned in my Accounting degree every day.

    So, am I still an Accountant if I went straight to alternative industry and have a 37.5 hr work week working for a university?

    submitted by /u/skullduggery38
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment