• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 29, 2020

    If you meet your out-of-pocket-max, then lose your job and get Obamacare(?), do you have to start over or did you still meet your premium? Insurance

    If you meet your out-of-pocket-max, then lose your job and get Obamacare(?), do you have to start over or did you still meet your premium? Insurance


    If you meet your out-of-pocket-max, then lose your job and get Obamacare(?), do you have to start over or did you still meet your premium?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    Did I waive my right to written estimate from auto body shop?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    Not sure if this is the right place, but I am from Florida and I had an at fault accident in July and dropped off my car at the body shop of my choice. They sent me these forms to sign: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tjHFI9inFxwYlnQ-RMxk8Ss1mbzcII4/view?usp=drivesdk and I signed and sent them back. They verbally communicated a vague estimate of $10000-11000. I asked for written estimate but they didn't send me. I didn't push for it because I didn't know better and asked them to start repairs. The insurance has paid $11000 so far.

    Two days ago the body shop suddenly hit me that a supplement of $3095 is pending and they haven't received a response from the insurer and that the car has been repaired and ready. The insurer is delaying reviewing it and I'm afraid at the end of it I might be sitting with a $1000-2000 bill because the body shop said that they reported some of these charges to the insurer from Day 1 but haven't been paid for it.

    So now I'm reading about Florida's car repair rights and it says:

    https://www.fdacs.gov/Consumer-Resources/Consumer-Rights-and-Responsibilities/Motor-Vehicle-Repair

    1. That I have a right to a written estimate before any repairs are started but I also have an option to waive my right in writing. My question is, did I waive it from what you see in those forms (page 3 is relevant I think)? If not, would this help me?

    2. That the body shop can't charge more than 10% of agreed upon written estimate if the repairs exceed it. Is this 10% unlimited or is it limited to $100 like I see in some websites like the Orange county website here: https://www.orangecountyfl.net/Portals/0/Library/Open%20Government/docs/Motor%20Vehicle%20Tips%20FAQ.pdf (question in page 3)?

    Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/CogInTheWheel
    [link] [comments]

    Got told my application got declined due to where I live?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 09:03 PM PDT

    Hello! I'm in California! So I've had Kaiser Permanente as my HMO since 2018. The only thing I really changed was my address, but I only moved a town over. I got laid off in June and let my insurance lapse July/August, so I should had it back starting September 1st according to the ID card they sent and the email the sent me as well, as I got rehired this month. The entire time I've had Kaiser, my work/home has been out of their coverage area, and the only reason my employer offers it is because our home office is in a Kaiser area. I have coworkers who still have it and live in the same town as me. I literally changed my address while going to doctors appointments while pregnant and they never denied me coverage.

    Today I got a letter dated 8/19 stating that my application for reinstatement was rejected due to my address being outside of the coverage area. When I called them, they said my coverage is pending and is set to start on the 1st. Just three days ago, I got a new ID card, and on 8/20 got a email stating that I was getting a new ID card and my coverage was set to start on 9/1. Should I worry about not qualifying for Kaiser anymore? My HR department is off for the weekend and I won't be able to ask and I need to purchase something off the market place by 9/8 if it's not possible to reinstate me through Kaiser.

    submitted by /u/badwlf55
    [link] [comments]

    Medi-cal vs Employer Insurance

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    As one living in California, I was able to obtain Medi-cal, and thus my health coverage is free. I called to ask about my plan and essentially everything is free with no deducible/co-pay. I do not pay anything every month.

    I recently got a job, where I am offered employer coverage for around 200/250 a month (Anthem Gold PPO), which is a great deal supposedly. I still technically make the yearly max in order to qualify for Medical.

    The conflict is ... I do not know if I should opt into my employer coverage. Considering Medi-cal is free, I'm wondering why I would start paying for my employer coverage. I know I am missing things, obviously. I am assuming it is more difficult to find good providers with Medicaid? Can someone offer me a brief explanation

    submitted by /u/sophialove39
    [link] [comments]

    I reported a person for insurance fraud

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    I gave an anonymous tip on the website and choose to stay anon and not be contacted.

    Is there any way for them to find out it was me? A couple people knew. Will the tip be able to be read verbatim to the fraud or lawyers etc.? United States

    submitted by /u/13ernard
    [link] [comments]

    GOT A SPEEDING TICKET PLEASE HELP

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    So I'm 19 and I got a speeding ticket today I'm not so worried about paying it, I'm more worried about the insurance going up. my name is under the vehicle I was speeding which is my car but my moms is on it too will her Insurance go up too? The thing is I'm also on another vehicle with my dad the insurance is Insanely high already because I got a speeding ticket about 3 years ago will the Insurance go up on that as well or only effect my vehicle. And if it does go up can I take off my name off the vehicle I live in Kansas if anyone can help please let me know.

    submitted by /u/Hzyze
    [link] [comments]

    (IL) home insurance question: just found out my insurance company raised my premium by 50% because my credit score went down a bit due to purchase of a car. Do they all do this? I want to drop them.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    Not sure where to post—Trying to enroll in an insurance plan through my employment, HR is claiming I need to retroactively pay the premiums form time of my benefit eligibility date?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 06:14 AM PDT

    Hello reddit. I'm sorry if this is not the correct subreddit for this question-I will delete and repost elsewhere if someone can guide me in the right direction.

    As the title says, but probably does a poor job explaining, I am trying to enroll in an insurance plan through my employer. I was hired back in late April and have been under the impression that I would need to wait after the 90 days probationary period in order to qualify for benefits (Medical Coverage)

    I have reached out to my Human Resources department about enrollment and the HR Manager informed me that I have been eligible for benefits as of 7/1, although she was under the impression it would have been 8/1. Apparently, if I would like to enroll in the Insurance Benefits now, I would need to retroactively pay the premiums from July and August as well.

    I have not chosen a plan and have not been given the opportunity to do so until I've reached out to HR about this the other day.

    The premium is $150/mo, so that's $300 I'd be paying, on top of this month's premium, for insurance that I never had or utilized.

    Is this legal or a legit demand? I never had the insurance to begin with, never chose a plan, was never given an insurance card or even a notice of becoming eligible; nothing.

    Any suggestions on how to move forward would be so appreciated. Thank you all so much.

    submitted by /u/accountno25
    [link] [comments]

    Need Inventory Insurance / Protection...

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    So, I run a small operation selling stuff on eBay...

    I buy worldwide, overseas, China, via Alibaba...

    Is there a way to protect myself from buying products from bad Alibaba sellers? For instance, if I buy (outside of the Alibaba trade assurance agreement), and they / the seller do not deliver, what can I do to protect myself from such a loss? Is there insurance to cover this type of loss?

    Second, if I sell to someone, who then does a return with a rock in the box, considering eBay will not cover me as a seller (they never do in these instances), what are my options? Can I buy some sort of insurance to protect myself against this shit?

    -ABS

    Iowa, USA

    submitted by /u/AnotherBrokenSpirit
    [link] [comments]

    Car insurance fraud?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    Need some advice or just tell me what you think. 2.5 years ago I got into a huge accident, messed up the front of my car really bad. Took it to my friends dads shop to get fixed. Went through my insurance, got fixed. I noticed some problems after but nothing huge so I kind of just ignored them. Fast forward. My parked car gets hit, lady admits fault, go through her insurance, great. Except today I got my car back and they said that due to underlying issues they won't fix it, and say that the people who fixed my car before didn't do it right (glued bumper, bent rod, etc), and that maybe it's insurance fraud. I had my speculations that my friends dad didn't do the greatest job and since it's my friends dad... I didnt want to ruin that friendship. But now my car won't get fixed and I had to sign a statement that I know I'm driving an unsafe vehicle. How long could I have been driving an unsafe vehicle? I honestly wouldn't be shocked that it's fraud.

    What steps should I take? I called my friends dad up and explained and he told me to bring it in and he'll fix it, which is a huge red flag to me. I'm considering taking legal action but it's been so long is that still possible?

    Edit: I'm in California

    submitted by /u/shmerger
    [link] [comments]

    At fault driver wants to about insurance claim. But I already notified mine.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    While I was stopped at a light, a truck driver drove by my vehicle and damaged my side mirror. There were no injuries, just body damage.

    After we exchanged insurance and contact information and after I notified my own insurance company, the driver called me and asked me if his boss could pay directly for the damage (the insurance was in a company name).

    My own insurance company suggested I contact the other driver's insurance directly because I have a high deductible.

    Should I just make a claim against the driver's insurance at this point? Or should I consider his request to resolve this independently? Is it too late for that since I already told my own insurance company?

    submitted by /u/lifefreddie
    [link] [comments]

    What do I need to think about?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    The small town I live in (10k people) doesn't offer much for kids after school.

    I've been thinking about opening some kind of after school location for kids to have a safe place to hang out and study, and was hoping folks here could point out things I'll need to be aware of from an insurance perspective.

    I have not landed on exactly what would be offered, and that's part of what I'm curious about.

    How does insurance work if I want to have some couches and tables and a small cafe?

    What if I add a small computer lab?

    Do private study rooms impact things?

    Virtual reality/arcade setups?

    What I expect: the cost of the equipment I put in will scale up how much insurance will cost.

    What I'm most curious about: are there any other "gotchas", like, "the moment you put in an activity where a kid has a higher likelihood of hurting themselves (VR system?), prices quadruple.

    I hope I'm making what I'm after clear; I'm obviously brainstorming ideas right now and want to make sure I won't be ignoring some insane monthly bill that would make the concept extra impractical.

    Edit: Thanks for the thoughtful replied so far; as location has been mentioned: Oregon :)

    submitted by /u/eodnahtanoj
    [link] [comments]

    working while in a auto accident?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    i was doing door dash then i got into a small little bender last night. nobody was hurt and nobody but myself was there at the scene. i left my number at the car i hit.

    the next day i call my insurance and was honest about the situation, my dad hears me talking and he heard that i said i was working for doordash at the time of accident. he gets mad at me after the call because according to him "working while getting into an accident can exponentially increase my insurance". he instead wanted me to lie and say something like "i was coming home from a friends house"

    now i'm not saying he's wrong about the working while driving thing. i honestly don't know how much merit that statement actually holds but i guess i'm just asking what can i expect to see from my insurance or the person whose car i hit. i don't know if it's worth noting but the other person has not contacted me.

    thanks.

    submitted by /u/yunggturd
    [link] [comments]

    Age 18, received a $5,700 refund from college room and board (due to online-only instruction). My family and I are on Michigan's low-income health insurance and they are concerned that this refund will lose us our insurance. Is that true? If so, what do I do?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    My mom's insurance was cancelled due to non payment. Should I add her to mine?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    We're both in NJ.

    She has given many excuses for why she couldn't be on top of the insurance bill but whatever. She's financial okay, so this was not a money issue. She has been shopping for new insurance but has been rejected by a few already.

    She says her final hope is for me to add her to my policy with her as a driver for her car. I did a similar thing for my Dad last year (he had like 5 violations at the time) and even after removing him, my insurance rates continued to rise and I'm scared that will happen again if I add my mom to my policy given her record. Are my fears unfounded?

    submitted by /u/squaremarshmallow
    [link] [comments]

    Out of Network, California AB-72, and self-funded employer plans?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    [USA - California]

    My situation:

    • Hospital was in-network

    • doctor was in-network

    • some nurse who did some procedures beforehand was out-of-network

    The services covered by the doctor and hospital have been covered, but the service fee for that nurse was denied. So I've been hit with a surprise $700 bill.

    I was not notified beforehand, provided an estimate, etc. as required by AB-72.

    HOWEVER -- since my insurance plan is a self-funded employer plan, I am apparently not protected by this law. It only applies to state-regulated plans.

    My questions:

    1. So what does this law really do -- does it force (only) state-regulated plans to foot the bill for surprise bills, or does it also forbid OON providers from sending the bill in the first place?

    2. What happens to OON providers who send surprise bills, then? Do they just end up getting the money from the insurer in the case where the patient is protected? If I'm not protected, do they get the money from me?

    3. In my specific case, what can I do? Should I ask the nurse or the hospital to resubmit the claim under the hospital's name so that it is in-network? Is there some government helpline I should be complaining to? Or am I fucked because my insurance plan is private/self-funded?

    submitted by /u/boomvroomshroom
    [link] [comments]

    very silly car insurance mistake

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    basically, I bought my first car by myself about a year ago when I was 22, and knew absolutely nothing about cars / insurance / life. i set up my car insurance over the phone whilst at the dealer, so I was hurrying, and also uneducated on all of it. I told my insurance company, when asked, that I had leased my car, not bought & financed it, because the difference was confusing & unclear to me at the time. i now know that leasing a car is both not what i did, and that it's usually a bit more expensive insurance-wise. I realized this a little while ago, and have basically not called to fix this because of social anxiety + feeling dumb + stress about the money I've wasted due to this mistake. I'm realizing now that I need to just call and fix it so it isn't a big hassle if I were to get into an accident or something, but my main question is, would I be out of line to ask about a retroactive refund? am I totally at fault here & that money is lost for good? I guess it can't hurt to ask since it was an honest mistake, but just trying to set my expectations / understand if this mistake has other repercussions I'm not anticipating.

    submitted by /u/negativesorbet2152
    [link] [comments]

    Car wrecked, next day lienholder acts fishy and cancels Gap Insurance policy.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    So I need some advice and I thought this would be the best place to get it. On July 27 I was rear-ended and my car was totalled, I called my insurance and theirs so everything could get started. The same day I took my car to the body shop and was given a rental by their insurance company. Fast forward a couple of weeks my car gets totalled out and the insurance company offers me a great deal so I took it. I take the rental back and they paid my lienholder the amount we agreed upon which left approximately $1,300 on the car, but I went through Drivetime and they offered a couple of insurance policies through Silverrock which I took one being Gap insurance.

    So I called Bridgecrest (the lienholder) to see where they were in the process on August 11th which was the day they received payment from insurance. They told me it'd be 5-10 before they had any info so I called them and Silverrock on the 25th. Silverrock informed me that they had sent the gap package over July 28th when I reported the accident to everyone and that Bridgecrest had canceled my Gap Insurance for the largest payout? And that everything was in Bridgecrest hands because they canceled everything from Silverrock. When I called Bridgecrest I was informed to wait another 5-10 days that they're still figuring out everything in the back office. To be honest I feel like I am being screwed and jerked around. Is there anything I should do or contact? I was looking at filling with the SC Attorney General as a business complaint or contacting a lawyer. From the refunds of the other insurance policies I got I should be getting approximately $3,100 and I really need that to help purchase another vehicle.

    Sorry for the long post but I wanted to cover all my bases.

    TLDR: Car got totalled, took payment from insurance, lienholder is bridgecrest and they took payment and canceled the gap insurance I purchased when I bought the vehicle day after the wreck, jerking me around on giving me refund for the other policies that I took and should be refunded for.

    Cross posted to r/legaladvice

    EDIT: Sorry for the confusion but I purchased the GAP Insurance with an Extended Warranty and GPS policy through Silverrock when I purchased the vehicle from Drivetime on 6/11

    submitted by /u/Skeletongotcha
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance Companies that don't sub out some policies

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    Hi, I currently have Progressive for Auto/Renters. I'm looking for a company that does not sub out like Progressive does with "home" to "homesite". Can anyone suggest a company?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Consistent_Nerve_663
    [link] [comments]

    I was involved and ruled not at fault in two accidents in less than 10 days. Damages combine to over 80% of my vehicle value but my insurance refuses to consider a total loss as it's two separate claims

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    I was hit by a vehicle in the side and then rear ended shortly there after before I could have the damages for the first accident repaired. My vehicle is 10 years old with over 130k miles on it and now has had significant damage to the back. The state I live in (FL) has a total loss threshold at 80% however my insurance says my vehicle does not reach this limit as both the damages occurred in different incidents. I'm worried my insurance just doesn't want to total my car as my policy will pay me an additional 20% of the vehicle's value.

    Is my adjuster correct that two claims cannot have the damages combined towards the total loss threshold or do I need to push this further?

    submitted by /u/Husker8
    [link] [comments]

    Need medical insurance because my school is canceling it and im going to outgrow my family coverage.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    Im healthy and going to be 23 soon. Where can i find affordable basic coverage and what should i expect? I live in California.

    submitted by /u/JohnsonandBohnson
    [link] [comments]

    Switched to New York Life Term Insurance, What Can Go Wrong With This Transaction?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 04:16 PM PDT

    My aunt brought a New York Life insurance a year ago, but her income is reduced due to Covid, she no longer can afford the premium, so she asked her agent to cancel the life policy, and switch to Term instead.

    Her agent told her to do a "stop payment" instead of canceling it. (She agreed, although she knew she wouldn't reinstate it as the premium is too high). Then the agent told her that she have to prepaid a month of premium before she got approved. (My aunt did just that after she signed her application). But two weeks later, my aunt received an email with a final form for verification purposes. On the form, everything was correct except that the "premium is higher" from what she signed up for, and when she asked her agent, her agent told her that he made a mistake and the premium should be what's on the final form instead (She agreed to pay the final premium).

    Question: -Why the agent suggested stop payment instead of cancelation? Will it impact my aunt in any way if she do stop payment instead of cancelled it?

    -Since my aunt already prepaid her policy in advance with a different premium that the agent made a mistake on, will it have any impact if she happens to claim her policy as her premium should be higher?

    Thanks in advance for your response!

    -NY

    submitted by /u/MarkaQuestion
    [link] [comments]

    (FL) Rear ended by uninsured driver

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    I am located in Florida.

    I have the same insurance provider as the owner of the vehicle that hit me.

    The owner of the vehicle that rear ended me claims the driver did not have permission to drive their (the owner's) car.

    I saw an attorney that sent a letter to the driver to find out if they have insurance of their own, but the attorney claims they did not receive a response and that the driver may not be at the address anymore.

    What are my options?

    submitted by /u/Best_Clue3797
    [link] [comments]

    Should I file a claim for scrapping car in garage?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 03:57 PM PDT

    Hello! I'm having a hard time finding advice for my situation online so I thought I would turn to reddit.

    I scrapped my car in my garage this morning when trying to back out. It looks like the repair will be around $1500.

    Now I'm unsure if it's a good idea to go through insurance because I already filed a claim for hail damage that was around $5000 only a few months ago.

    My deductible is $500 so this would only save me $1000. Is it worth having the mark on my insurance?

    Please let me know if any more information is needed. Thank you!

    Edit: I'm in the state of Iowa in the US. Progressive is my insurance provider.

    submitted by /u/agentJC
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment