• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 29, 2020

    If a billionaire founder took over your small business and had to work with the exact same resources you had, what would they do differently? small business

    If a billionaire founder took over your small business and had to work with the exact same resources you had, what would they do differently? small business


    If a billionaire founder took over your small business and had to work with the exact same resources you had, what would they do differently?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    I guess what I'm getting at, are the Jeff bezoz, Elon musks, bill gates, Steve jobs, etc. More just playing a different game or more just playing the game better?

    submitted by /u/burgeroburger
    [link] [comments]

    Caused approx $1,000 in damage for customer. They told me not to pay for it. Am I a POS?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 06:24 AM PDT

    Customer had me do work. I have done work on this block and clients have raved about my work. I do work for this person. Long story short, something unforeseen happened and I caused a pretty substantial amount of damage. Probably $500-1,000 in damage. I get there today (about 10 mins ago) and look at the damage. I offer to pay for it. They were forgiving and told me not to worry about it. I feel like the biggest stupid asshole POS right now. What do I do?

    submitted by /u/swm43
    [link] [comments]

    PayPal and Stripe are not available in my country and letter of credit is not feasible for my small shipments. What mode of payment can I offer importers for my small export business?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    I have a home based export business in Bangladesh. I am planning on selling to customers in North America.

    The problem is, Paypal and Stripe is not available here. Bangladeshis cannot sign up for such services. That means the only options for receiving payment is through wire transfer and letter of credit.

    Now I am a small exporter, so bank charges for letter of credit eats up all the profits for a small shipment that we will be doing. Each shipment costs like USD 200 to 300 to the importer including shipping costs. So going that route is not possible at all. The only other option left is to pay for the shipment in full and hope that the importer will honor the payment once he receives the shipment. Which is risky and not possible for us.

    Therefore, I was wondering, are there any other alternative mode of payments that anyone here can suggest?

    Are there any other platforms other than Etsy or eBay that does not mandatorily require Paypal and therefore will act as an escrow service guaranteeing payment?

    submitted by /u/Soapsandsoaps
    [link] [comments]

    What advice would you give a 16 year old outside of the US?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    So yeah I'm 16 and don't want to live a mediocre life I want to actually start to put in the work to create something but just don't know what. Also my country(Moldova) is very poor😭 and there is not much to do here. I know that I want to stop consuming and consuming and actually become a producer. Any advice? I'm also willing to work for free and learn😁 pls help me I'm stuck😢🙏

    submitted by /u/ninjaxdnoob
    [link] [comments]

    Shipping rate help for diverse inventory, is there an easy solution?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 07:09 PM PDT

    We have a business that is starting to be mostly e-commerce. We started a website through Squarespace but are possibly looking to change to Square (weebly) because of the customization we need. The problem we're having with both is shipping rates. Neither site seems to be able to accurately (or even semi-accurately) charge for shipping correctly when customers buy multiple items.

    It was working fine with USPS as it was by weight, but we had to switch to FedEx (due to current USPS problems) which goes by box size and neither website seems to be sophisticated enough to figure out rates if people buy a few different items. It's way undercharging some things and waaay overcharging others.

    I'm worried that we are losing a ton of sales when people see the shipping rates and they're way overcharged. I know they would be a deal breaker for me.

    We have items varying in size and weight from stickers to large (12") ceramic planters. So flat rate shipping doesn't seem feasible and we don't have the margins for free shipping with the large items we have.

    We're pretty new to this (site launched in April but we've been growing this business for a few years locally). The website was launched almost overnight when the lockdown happened and we couldn't sell in person anymore.

    submitted by /u/loserfame
    [link] [comments]

    Small Business during Covid Podcast Looking for Guests

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    I have a small biz podcast focusing on how small businesses have pivoted during covid. I am look for guests! There is a backlog, but interview would be in Sept with episode airing in Oct to Nov.

    Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/c/SharkBiteBiz

    You can also find it on all Podcasting platforms for audio only version.

    Cheers! David

    submitted by /u/dstrausser83
    [link] [comments]

    New small business

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    I have recently made a new business selling handmade gifts that I have sewed! But not many people have bought stuff, does anyone have any advice? It would be much appropriated!

    submitted by /u/Positive_Dreams
    [link] [comments]

    I have an issue

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 07:15 PM PDT

    We own a drapery business. We have a client that ordered some roman shades that are cordless. We gave him a quote and asked us for a discount. We gave him the discount. We made them and then they weren't the right measurements... so we took them back and remade them to fit. Plus added blackout lining for free that supposedly they had asked for but it wasn't written on the invoice. We installed them and they are saying that they weren't what they expected in terms of function. (They still owe us $500ish from that) We explained that the issue is that it's a cordless lift and that getting them motorized would fix it. They agreed and signed a new contract to get them motorized and gave us a downpayment. We ordered the motors... they were delivered to the wrong place and the delivery company doesn't know where they are and we've been waiting for them to figure it out. Calling them everyday with no luck. Today the client sent an email saying they want a refund of their money. I'm a bit of at a loss in what to do. Any advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/plausible_confusion
    [link] [comments]

    Liability for employee using their vehicle for company business

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    I'm having trouble understanding the "insurancese" in the answers I've been given - if my employee is using her car for company business and has an accident, does her car insurance cover it? If it doesn't cover it entirely, do I need to get some additional rider on my business liability insurance? I also have commercial auto insurance for my company van - is that what would cover it? She is an authorized driver for my company van.

    submitted by /u/mommarina
    [link] [comments]

    In store membership accessible online

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 05:25 PM PDT

    I am currently working on launching a new business and I am having trouble finding a feature for our website. I am hoping someone here can help.

    In short we are going to have a store membership in the brick and mortar location and I want people to be able to access their account information on our website, as well as purchase the membership or renew a current one. Additionally it would be great for our employees to be able to scan or enter a number on a card to bring up the information so they can give the member what they deserve or ask if they would like to renew.

    Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Rillean
    [link] [comments]

    Starting a clothing brand

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 08:59 PM PDT

    I'm thinking about starting a clothing company/brand or whatever and I'm thinking of making the clothing by hand because I really enjoy making clothes, I already know how I'm going to sell and how I'm going to package and ship and stuff like that, but theres one huge major issue I have, I need a paypal account. I'm currently a minor, I've already thought of letting my mom run the account but me and my mom dont have the best relationship and I'm scared she would feel entitled to all of my money, and just take all of it. And my dad died 2 years ago and I don't have any other people close to me who are over the age of 18, I'm currently 13 so it's not like I can wait a year or two until I'm 18. So if anyone has any advice or anything that would be great, Ty ! :) <3

    submitted by /u/cyberkisses
    [link] [comments]

    Starting Business/Business Plan Tips?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    For a couple years I've had this dream of starting my own business. I was meeting with someone from my local city hall for a while and she was helping me put together a business plan but things kind of fizzled and I ended up moving to a different town so that stopped.

    I don't want this to be just another dream I have that never happens, I want this to come to fruition. Every time I try to work on my business plan though I just get disheartened because I feel like I don't have the knowledge the fill it out. Currently in school for my AS in business and then will continue on for my bachelors.

    Any tips or advice from you guys will help my moral greatly😅

    submitted by /u/WalkerTj
    [link] [comments]

    Restaurant owners: how are you dealing with social distancing?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    I recently heard on the news something about a contest to generate ideas to help restaurants open back up but I can't find what they were talking about anywhere.

    Restaurant owners, what resources that don't exist would allow you to better serve your customers? I'm a software developer looking to create an app/software to help restaurants manage their businesses during these unprecedented times.

    submitted by /u/livical
    [link] [comments]

    Propace Realty Provied The Best Properties in Pune

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 12:53 AM PDT

    Propace Realty Provied The Best Properties like Blue Ridge Residential Apartments which are designed to provide a premium yet affordable lifestyle at an affordable rate. The apartments range from a comfortable 1BHKs to a spacious 5BHKs, priced at just 3.5 million. This mega township project offers a total of 5000 units spread over 31 towers.

    https://in.pinterest.com/pin/609885974531464556/

    submitted by /u/PropaceReality
    [link] [comments]

    Hi! New business wondering how to get more purchases on my website!

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    Good Morning everyone! I am a brand new business owner & I sell sassy/sarcastic & inappropriate candles. Our page gets anywhere from 500-1000ish views daily, but hardly any purchases. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something we can do better? Our candles are $15 each and we offer free shipping for orders $35 or more. We even offer a 10% discount to those who sign up for our newsletter. Can you please look at my site & offer suggestions?

    Sparks Fly Candle Company

    Thank you so much! We are only a few weeks old, so any suggestions or critiques would be awesome.

    submitted by /u/pukana14
    [link] [comments]

    Online tax lawyer similar to Bench?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 05:51 PM PDT

    I saw a company named HYPE that seemed to be like bench but provided tax lawyers as the service. I cannot seem to find it anymore. Does anyone have experience with this or something similar?

    submitted by /u/dottywine
    [link] [comments]

    Shipping very large heavy items and installation

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    Couple of questions..

    Does anyone have experience with shipping large heavy items? How do you go about it and which services do you use? One of the items I'll be shipping is 60kg (168 by 75 by 31cm). Many of the couriers I've asked don't deal with things that heavy and the others are very expensive (£100).

    Is there such a thing as "business rate"? How does it work?

    Would you ship internationally or use a fulfilment centre?

    My "main competitor" upsells by having people pay for product installation. How do you think they arrange/manage that? I could always have a video showing the process but still curious

    (also asked on r/ecommerce)

    submitted by /u/Purple-lSH
    [link] [comments]

    How do I search for the supplier of a specific brand?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    Hello my friends.I am currently looking for a kid's brand named " Little Treasure ". They make baby onesies. Their logo is a Elephant with some blue hearts.

    What would be the best way to look for the company name that distributes that brand?

    Thank you for your help!

    submitted by /u/jhtduncan
    [link] [comments]

    Why Brand Names Are "Copyrighted"?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    I'm a small business owner and have been trying to trademark my business name and copyright our logos.

    I learned by google search that trademark is for your brand or product, i.e. "Yelp", and copyright is for things i.e. books and paintings.

    But on most websites, there are copyrights next to the brand name, such as yelp.com. Even more confusing for me, it says the logos and images are registered trademarks of Yelp. This is what it says on the footer of yelp.com:

    "Copyright © 2004–2020 Yelp Inc. [logo1], [logo2], [logo3] and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp."

    I would guess that "Yelp" would need to be trademarked, and logos need to be copyrighted. But why is it the opposite of what I'm thinking?

    submitted by /u/GrapeSwisher-
    [link] [comments]

    looking at starting my own small business, need legal education

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    Ok so im looking at starting a small business soon and i was wondering how i could get the legal education i feel i need in order to effectively run the business; mostly things i don't know but seem to have issues finding a good answer on google because i don't know how to ask the right things.

    I plan on hiring an accounting, HR, and general small business lawyer firm but i would still like a general overview of the laws so that i'm not pestering them with questions every 5 minutes about what i can and cant do. Hiring/ firing laws, what can i ask, what cant i ask, what can and cant I fire ppl for, what do i need to do to cover myself in an at will work state from a jaded ex employee suing me because i didn't take into account he was in a protected class when i fired him for being useless?

    What do i need to know about accounting, how do the accountants want my documents, how do i show proof to the federal gov/irs when my accounting firm turns out to be useless.

    Other question like this where i cant simply google every question that pops into my head because i don't know what it is that i do not know.

    This is esp. important for me for the sexual harassment laws/ limits because i'm planing on making artisanal bdsm gear from steel/leather and selling on etsy( among making other things that are not so legally sensitive) i would like to know; things like could i hire models, could i hire body dummies, how could i advertise on esty these models? how do i protect myself legally from a model claiming that i sexually harassed her; when i was using her body as a dummy stand in to form pieces against. questions like these. like i can pretty well answer some of these questions, but i know there are far more issues, that i am unaware of in this legal space, that i wouldnt even know to ask about.

    Is there a class or book that gives a general overview of these laws?

    Once again i'm not looking for a class on sole ownership/partner etc. or other legalities in founding the business, but actually day to day running of it.

    submitted by /u/dauntaesback
    [link] [comments]

    New business

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    So I recently started a business doing yard work. Mowing trimming, weeding. Blowing snow in the winter. I have zero clients so far. Only helped a few friends and decided to make some money now. What's the best way to get clients and market myself so next season I can really make some money? Looking to maybe get a few cleanups for fall this year. Southeast PA. I'm an LLC and have an ein.

    submitted by /u/irishbastard87
    [link] [comments]

    Business start up inquiry

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 04:31 PM PDT

    So i'm thinking of starting a business that will revolve around selling cheap games in a region where a companies usually neglect when there is a huge demand and not even try and put out translations and there is a huge demand from what i gathered.

    1- My primary focus on getting my company out would be ads and i think heavy advertisements with youtubers and influencers that have a good enough following would be great something like 50k-500k followers/subs. This is where i want most of my budget to go. And i contacted several of them and i think 1.5k dollars is enough to start with for marketing.

    2- What i want to know is what would it cost to make a website ? i need to make the website based on my vision and my ideas, and if i hire someone would it be one time or part time and how would i maintain the website.

    3- Is there something that i can read that makes me understand more ? like cost of servers and tech support etc.

    submitted by /u/Reflex_0
    [link] [comments]

    First time leasing space

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    Hello all. I am making plans to finally add a physical location for my business and will begin to look for suitable locations. The issue is that I've never done anything like this and really have no idea what my plan of action should be so I came here for some advice. I know what type space I want and location. The advice I'm looking for is how should I negotiate with the leasing company, what should I be on the look out for, what questions should I ask about the location, etc. All advice is greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/patryk7754
    [link] [comments]

    Own a deli? Am I crazy for wanting to?!

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 07:02 AM PDT

    Anyone here ever owned a deli? I'm interested to hear your experiences. Do you still have it? Why or why not? What kind of store did you have...grocer/sub shop/sit down or take out etc. Whats your favorite part of the job? Whats your least favorite? Whats been your avg yearly sales (in a normal year, not this dumpster fire year) and Whats your avg take home? Google isn't really helpful with this question.

    My husband has a dream of opening a deli and I have 10 yrs restaurant and bar experience...but I'm corporate now. My dad ran a small sandwich shop for a short time but he's not around to ask these questions. I know well how hard the industry is and the ups and downs but for some reason I'm still attracted to it so I'm totally not against the idea.

    I'd like to hear right from the business owners and really start thinking about doing and not just dreaming. Share what you can folks I have lots of questions!!

    Ps I'm in southeast US

    submitted by /u/peechykeeny
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment