• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 29, 2020

    Elon Musk's Timeboxing showed me the key to accomplishing more throughout my day Entrepreneur

    Elon Musk's Timeboxing showed me the key to accomplishing more throughout my day Entrepreneur


    Elon Musk's Timeboxing showed me the key to accomplishing more throughout my day

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    There are always plenty of things I want to get done on any given day, but I've rarely ever able to make it through my list and feel satisfied. That's when I began timeboxing my activities.

    Timeboxing is a technique that was made famous by Elon Musk, who is known to work over 80 hours a week at his various companies. The method essentially promotes blocking out a fixed amount of time for a task and then moving on to your next task once the time has elapsed.

    This technique has been different for me because it forces you to drop your current task even if you haven't completed it. In the long run, this increases your productivity because you can set timeboxes to complete that task in the future instead of spending tons of time on it in one sitting. There's also plenty of assessment to understand how you can work faster with your timebox. I explain this in depth here - https://youtu.be/ARJvh8uZIfY

    I recommend trying to plan your day by creating time boxes and see your overall output increase.

    submitted by /u/BladeV-Cash
    [link] [comments]

    Where do I start?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    Hi all

    So I've recently decided I want to start my own digital product company. I've spent ten years working in an agency, mainly in a client facing role, and have decided that now is the right time to make a move on some of the products I've had kicking around for some time. Where do I start, however? I have a rough idea of what I need to do but just want to make sure I'm not missing something glaringly obvious!

    submitted by /u/ASJ_703
    [link] [comments]

    Question about buying delivery routes

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    Hello, I have a business plan for the next 2-3 years. Just want to run it by some experienced people to see if this is realistic. I have a job that pays 35k a year. I have no expenses and can save almost all of it excluding taxes. Say I can save 70k over the next 2-3 years. There are trucking routes for sale, some cost as low as 70k and cash flow over 100k after expenses including truck lease and other expenses. I found one that cashlfows 107k and the owner already has a driver employed that drives and delivers the route. The route is listed for 75k, I can save for that in 3 years, buy it, and be making 40-50k semi passively hiring a driver for the route. Is there something I'm missing? It seems a little to straightforward. I would appreciate any opinions or takes on this.

    submitted by /u/kingjp2468
    [link] [comments]

    The story of how I build my successful microstartup aCrypto

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 05:44 AM PDT

    Around 2017, a good friend of mine introduced me to Bitcoin. I was very fascinated by cryptocurrency and started investing in small amounts.

    Everything worked out fine the first week, as I was new to everything, but then in the second week, I started to realize there were so many issues. It wasn't easy to trade or even manage cryptocurrency.

    Along the way, I realized that I was not the only person who had been facing such problems, and I decided to publish it on the Google Play Store. I set a goal and built an MVP in the least time possible.

    I decided to build an Android app, as I have been an android developer for five years. I took a week's holiday, sat at home coding nonstop, and released the MVP after seven days.

    I wanted to build every feature at once, but my product-manager intuition kicked in and I cut down the features to the top three that I thought would be the most important (and without which the app would be useless).

    One of the mistakes people often make is to overthink and take too much time to get products out.

    I started sharing it within my company, and it was an instant hit. Nail down the ASO (SEO for apps). This is one of the hardest parts, and it can easily increase your downloads exponentially or break you down completely. Share with friends and colleagues on the company's slack channel, Facebook and Google Plus Communities, ask users to give a review after you solve their issue.

    Customer Support is easily ignored by most, but it's by far the most powerful tool for app growth as well as product growth. So what I used to do was answer each and every email. I used to get over 1,000 emails per month.

    I know, it was insane, but I enjoyed solving and replying to user issues. Along with that, I used to attach a closing questionnaire asking users to give a review on the Play Store if they liked the app. Trust me, this di wonders.

    Instead of starting directly with a paid subscription option, I released all the paid features with a small banner stating "This is a PRO feature and it requires payment soon.". with a remote switch I kept the price as low as $1.99/month, even though my competitors were charging $6-$12 monthly.

    I could test, improve, and make the app robust, and get it ready for subscriptions. You need a lot of testing to do this, as it's in the financial space and I was just a single person and I could turn on paid features at any time, and I could do so based on usage.

    Necessity is the mother of all inventions. For the iOS app, I had to learn Swift. One of the biggest pains was mastering auto layouts in XCode, but I managed to do it all and release it in 35 days sharp and it got a 70% growth rate in a month. Yes, I was surprised myself.

    One of the things that really helped me was catching the uptrend in the crypto world and riding this wave. If I'd waited for six months to start, I doubt I'd have found the same kind of success.

    One of the best decisions I made was to monetize early on instead of waiting until the app had a lot of users. Trust me, it's not at all easy to start charging once you have a large user base. Monetize early on if you are providing a value-added service.

    ACrypto has more than 150K users and 1M monthly sessions and it's fully automated. Of course, the whole cryptocurrency market took a hit and I have moved on to my other micro startups but it was my first success in a long time.

    https://acrypto.io

    submitted by /u/1hakr
    [link] [comments]

    FB leads on phone?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    does anyone have an easy way to view leads generated from facebook ad campaigns on a phone?

    submitted by /u/88jaybird
    [link] [comments]

    To the large volume sellers out there, Whats the lowest payment gateway fee you have ever achieved? How low can we go?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 02:14 AM PDT

    Not asking for which payment gateway to use, just a quick survey to see if anyone has had extraordinarily low rates as I couldn't find much data on how low bulk discounts can go.

    submitted by /u/Coldsteelforreal
    [link] [comments]

    Is audacious hard to spell? Company name help. Have you ever named a company and regretted it?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    I've been racking my brain over a name for the past few weeks. I like this word as I feel it fits my product and industry well. My concern is it's too hard to spell and that will make it harder to find.

    Has anyone else had this problem before. Did it impact sales? What did you do about it?

    submitted by /u/bacey_
    [link] [comments]

    Are you 80% perfect?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    How your mindset about perfectionism can change your life:

    An easy way to get ahead of the perfectionism trap is to set up an 80% perfect rule. This rule allows you to be imperfect in your skills, tasks, or planning. That doesn't mean you don't have to do these at all. It just means you can allow yourself to be 80% perfect.

    What does this mean in a practical sense?

    It means that you are allowed to apply for a job without all the skills required in the job listing. It means that you are allowed to start a project, where you are clueless about some parts of the project. It means that you are allowed to make a plan without having every little task on paper.

    How will the 80% perfect rule change your life?

    Read on Medium:

    https://medium.com/accountably/are-you-80-perfect-3639224726ca?source=friends_link&sk=4dd1b8a30b6660a4c2a757a9e4ef616f

    submitted by /u/manmade41
    [link] [comments]

    I Tried Jeff Bezos' Daily Routine (My thoughts)

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:29 PM PDT

    Jeff Bezos is another one of those incredibly successful individuals who likes to wake up early. He goes to bed early and he wakes up early as well.

    What I like about his morning routine is that he doesn't rush. I am guilty of rushing in the morning. I try to get as much as I can done in the morning so that I am less stressed during the night.

    Bezos, on the other hand, takes his time and enjoys relaxing in the morning. Whether or not you start your day by working in the morning hours or taking that time to relax, the key is to be as efficient with your time as possible, that way you can achieve the things that you want to achieve and enjoy your free time when you do have it.

    Here's a look at the daily routine of Jeff Bezos and some ideas that you can implement into your own daily routine as well: https://youtu.be/yFsI2o106fM

    submitted by /u/Michael-Hevor
    [link] [comments]

    Need recommendations for tools to use for online teaching business

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:08 PM PDT

    Hey all! I'm trying to scale my online teaching business but I can't for the life of me find an app or program that allows me to have:

    -teachers evaluate student progress -track attendance -and to submit homework

    If anyone has recommendations I'd really appreciate it!!

    submitted by /u/SlipTheory
    [link] [comments]

    Ideas on what to do with my webinar?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:08 PM PDT

    I was asked to do a webinar for an association on content marketing for its members. I put together a generic version for practice. It's for consultants, sales trainers and speakers. It doesn't have any selling in it. Just the content.

    I'm happy with the recording. So I should probably take my own advice and "weaponize" it in some way.

    Here's what I cover:

    • The kind of content you need to convert prospects
    • Shortcuts to creating great content quickly - so you can still run your business!
    • Simple formulas for creating compelling blogs, videos and more
    • A how-to system to set your content distribution to autopilot

    Other than the usual LI, FB and Twitter suspects, where would be a good place to get some eyeballs on this?

    https://scm.easywebinar.live/consulting

    Thanks,

    Aidan

    submitted by /u/Drknob6969
    [link] [comments]

    Want to build an immersive experience like Tomorrowland 2020

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    Hi, we are developing a virtual reality music concert experience using you laptop where no VR equipment is needed. At the moment all the background are from codepen, youtube videos, and the likes. I would very much like to create my own backgrounds. How do I do that? Who to contact? Your suggestions would be helpful.

    submitted by /u/misscalmnotsocalm
    [link] [comments]

    SMMA or Wordpress/Webflow?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    Which one would be a better scalable business to run?

    submitted by /u/TheJusa
    [link] [comments]

    How do I sell my goods?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I am a current MBA student going to college, and currently own 2 LLC's (1 is semi-profitable, 1 is a failure but am keeping on trying) that operate strictly in the tech field. However, with my recent downtime I have developed an idea for a food service business. I have made edible cookie dough and brownie batter, and have put it and mason jars to give to family and friends and they LOVE IT. So, I want to start to sell it in mass qualities to help pay for school and get a new car.

    I want to sell the edible cookie dough, but also sell other things such as big Bavarian pretzels (sourced from vendor), dips, and foot long hot dogs (also sourced from vendors. However, I want no indoor seating, simply pickup and delivery (I am wanting it to operate almost like a ghost kitchen). The only equipment I want are cold prep tables, freezers, and convection ovens.

    I am also thinking of adding social aspects to it as well to help boost the brand trust. For every order, we will donate $0.50 to a charity that helps 3rd world countries (girlfriend has been to Haiti 7 times, so this is a personal thing). Additionally, because we utilize mason jars to package our goods, and I assume people have old mason jars laying around, we will pay people $0.50 per mason jar to act as a recycling program.

    I am totally uneducated in the food service world, with the primary problems being finding a location and permitting for the types of food I will be serving. I already have my food handlers license and have looked on the health depts website.

    submitted by /u/blockaywhite
    [link] [comments]

    I will set up and manage / scale your e-commerce Facebook ads for free

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    My name is Steven, I'm 16 y/o and from the Netherlands. I have an agency where I build custom webshops but am looking to also offer Facebook ads services. I have been studying and learning Facebook ads for e-commerce for a while now and am pretty confident that I can help e-commerce businesses increase their revenue.

    However, before I offer this service charge businesses I want to have a good case study. Therefore, I am looking for an e-commerce business that I can help with setting up, managing and scaling Facebook ads. The service is completely free, however I can't pay the ad budget itself for you.

    Please PM me in case you are interested ✌🏼

    submitted by /u/stevenvdh
    [link] [comments]

    General loose process of SBA/funding loan

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    If I'm looking to get a 50k sba loan to buy a business, what are the general income/credit requirements if so. I work in real estate, lenders typically have set criteria they look for income and debt do is it the same with SBAs? and if there's only a certain type of businesses they fund for? Also what are the benefits of a SBA vs Private investor? Any takes and advice helps. Thanks I

    submitted by /u/kingjp2468
    [link] [comments]

    Help Reporters and Bloggers for their upcoming stories and be featured

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    Help Reporters and Bloggers that are looking for information to use in their upcoming articles or stories.

    Write a relevant and grabbing answer and tell them a little bit about your project...

    You may be featured in their next publication!!

    Check this subreddit: r/Help_Reporters

    submitted by /u/SystHub
    [link] [comments]

    Insights I want to share with you based on my own entrepreneurial journey (part 2)

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:51 AM PDT

    Due to popular demand, I decided to share my other insights with you about my entrepreneurial journey thus far. To be honest, I never expected I would get the number of upvotes, DMs, and Reddit awards yet here we are. As explained in part 1 (read here) I originally wrote about 25 insights but I removed most of them and trimmed it down to 11 in the first part. It might be a bit long so I split it in two parts, apologies if it's too long in general. In that case just skip to the insights.

    Zeitgeist

    A very important predictor of entrepreneurial success is timing. This is important to keep in mind. Just think of all the major successful SMMA that were started 5+ years ago. It was a great time to start one then because social media was just about to take off to the moon in general but now you might be late to the game. There were times in my life where I could see certain trends emerging (e.g. fitness) but I never did anything with it for some reason. That has been proven to be a mistake, at least for me.

    Insight #12: try to identify the zeitgeist and leverage bigger trends, timing is critical

    Skills

    Being a digital marketer at heart, but also able to code & understand business/ finance helps me be in a position where I can be an asset to many in business. As a result, I have had many people come up to me asking me to be part of something (mostly declined it though). This is a great position to be in and it's all because I chose, many years ago, to acquire new skills. I would advise you to get clear on what position you want to be in and upskill accordingly.

    Insight #13: decide what part you want to play in a business (eventually) and upskill accordingly

    Relevance

    Related to 'Skills': some of you might be more the generic 'hustler' type of people. Great, but in my experience, these people do not tend to get very far. Because 'doing business' is not a relevant skill when you start something usually. I speak from experience; in my tanked VC business I was with two cofounders; me, a software engineer, and a 'hustler'. The problem we quickly ran into was that while I and my technical cofounder were building analytics, landing pages, and coding up an MVP, the other guy did not understand any of it! As a result, he mostly kept us from doing the work and mostly came up with very generic business 'advice' that we ourselves also understood. I am not blaming him at all for our failure, but in retrospect, it became clear to me that in that business, he just wasn't relevant.

    Insight #14: team up with people truly relevant to the business you want to start

    Money

    This one is big. As I explained in part 1 of this post, I come up from a very poor background. And never having money takes a toll on you at one point. Not surprisingly, I chased it throughout my 20s. And so, I fell for every get-rich-quick thing ever created and known to man. From visiting real estate "gurus" to affiliate marketing BS in dinky hotels, trading options, you name it. I even build a site that actually did about $500 a day in profit dropshipping sex toys because hey, sex sells! But the problem I came across time and time again was that I found out I either was embarrassed by what I was doing or found out pretty quickly it was all a charade. I am now convinced: quick money is slow money, and slow money is quick money. It takes time to build something successful over time, period.

    Insight #15: completely forget about quick money and build something long term

    Know thyself

    The most important insight is by far this: know thyself. Throughout my life, but especially my teens and early 20s I thought I was, at best, average in terms of intelligence. It took me almost 30 years on this planet to find out that I was actually quite bright (±130 IQ). I can not stress enough how much misery, pain, and suffering it has taken me throughout my life because I kept on listening too much to other people giving advice who either had no skin in the game or we're not seeing the entire picture like I was at the time. Full disclosure: when I took a professional IQ and personality test with a psychiatrist for the first time, I broke down and cried like a baby. It finally all made sense why I was the way I was and it helped me a lot. I personally am a big believer in doing a professional IQ test, the MBTI, and the OCEANs test for now. The last one is very important because most entrepreneurs have a very specific combination of personality traits (low on neuroticism, medium on extraversion, high on openness, high on conscientiousness, medium on agreeableness).

    Insight #16: know thyself: take a professional IQ test. Also, take the MBTI test and Big Five.

    Personal life

    One of the reasons me and my girlfriend broke up was because not only was my life going down the absolute motherfucker shitter, I was also working all the time and hardly spent time with her. It is no surprise then, that she eventually lost any feelings she had for me. Trust me when I say that she, to me, was about as close to 'the one' there is. And I fucked it all up for nothing. It still makes me very, very sad just thinking about it. But the same happened to friends as well. If you are always working, you will regret it I can guarantee it so try to somehow balance your life a bit. I know that is difficult for many of you because you are probably a workaholic like I am, but the regrets sting eternally.

    Insight #17: there is more to life than business, spend time with your loved ones, family and friends

    Lifeplan

    If you are like me you think life can be planned. You get clear on what you want and then just reverse engineer the steps to get there. Simple, right? WRONG. Life will throw you many curveballs and it will be your job to navigate through all of this shit. Related to becoming anti-fragile (explained in part 1) I would say that a big problem I often had was that things were not going 'according to plan' and my brain just couldn't take it. PUSH THROUGH! HUSTLE HARDER! was my answer, and it always failed. I have since learned to become way more adaptable, being clear on my long term goals and direction in life, implementing habits and tasks, but in between being very open to whatever happens.

    Insight #18: life happens when you are busy making plans, decide on a direction and be adaptable

    Decisions

    Another one that messed me up and sometimes still does. Due to insecurities, I started having a very, very hard time making decisions. In just about every area of my life. I have since then also learned to become way more decisive. Perhaps a golden insight (for me at least) was when I realized that the key is to go through A DOOR and then go through THE NEXT DOOR. You DO NOT go back through the first door otherwise you will get stuck in a sort of loop you will not escape. For example: if you are having a hard time deciding where to live but you know you like the sun and big cities, then stick to that and continue in your search for big cities with plenty of sunny days. Don't think, 'oh but I actually also like the country and vineyards' because now you go back through door number one and you are fucked.

    Insight #19: making decisions is all about going through a door, and then the next one, etc.

    CPA & CLV & HAPPY

    OK slightly more directly related to business but I had to throw it in. I have found that the ONLY metrics that matter in business are CPA (cost per acquisition), CLV (customer lifetime value), and HAPPY (happy customers tell others). Everything else is just a bunch of fucking bullshit and mental masturbation. As long as your cost per acquisition are lower than your customer lifetime value due to good unit economics, and you make sure your customers are happy (which will lower your CPA) you are good. Understand these numbers and see how they apply to your own business.

    Insight #20: CPA, CLV and HAPPY customers is all that matters, fuck all the other metrics

    Revenue, Profit, Money

    This one I learned from a business mentor and boy did it take me a while to truly understand it. There is a BIG difference between REVENUE (=VANITY), PROFIT (=ILLUSION), AND MONEY (=IN MY POCKET). For example, one of my businesses did about $300K (REVENUE) got sold for about $250K (PROFIT), but after taxes and other bullshit, I had about $150K left (MONEY IN MY POCKET). I know it sounds obvious and simple, but you will quickly found out it is anything but simple. You can't go to the grocery store and pay the bills with REVENUE or PROFIT so understand the difference. You need MONEY. period.

    Insight #21: revenue = vanity, profit = illusion money = in your pocket

    Action

    I will keep this one short: I have fallen victim to the paralysis analysis mentality more and longer than I would like to admit. It is truly embarrassing and was probably because of my insecurities. That being said, become a man of action yourself and judge people only on what they do, not what they say. I am starting to believe that even 10.000 miles of action in the wrong direction is still better than standing there with your dick in your hand doing nothing. Please do not be that guy. I was that guy, and now I am at ground zero. My new major goal for the upcoming decade is to let my actions speak for me.

    Insight #22: always take action, let is be your default mode, and judge people only on their actions

    Market

    In part 1 I briefly touched upon the subject of working on the right IT (by experimenting) and I want to emphasize again that THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS is what THE MARKET WANTS and is willing to PAY YOU for. Everything else is irrelevant. It does not matter what your parents think. It does not matter what some expert thinks. It does not matter what your friends think. The MARKET will SHOW you what it wants and it is the ONLY thing that matters. Giphy (recently sold for $400M) is a great example of this. When they started most thought it was a bunch of bullshit. BUT they had MILLIONS of users within 6 months. So all the opinions go right out of the window because that is what they are: opinions. If you get traction with your business or project, FOCUS. Ignore opinions and listen and observe what the market wants. If there is demand and you solve a problem you will succeed there is no question about that.

    Insight #23: market demand triumphs all, forget about opinions from other people

    Reputation

    Here is the last one: your REPUTATION IS EVERYTHING. Do not fuck this one up. I am luckily the kind of person who always knew this (thanks dad) so one thing I did extremely well was to always treat people with respect, never breaking trust, and always try to add value to them. One reason I am able to probably get back on my feet again is because people know that if they work with me they can 1) trust me with their lives and 2) will benefit from it one way or another. This is perhaps why, going back to quick money, it can really fuck you over. You don't want to be that slimeball slinging $5000 courses filled with garbage. People will remember it and your reputation will be tainted for a long time to come. Try to be known as an honorable man of value.

    Insight #24: protect your reputation, build it up over time, add value to everyone, never break trust.

    EDIT: Apologies, this turned out longer than I thought but I really, really want to help especially you younger guys to NOT make the same mistakes I made. It will save you years of turmoil, misery and frustration I can guarantee it. Again I wish you all the best and remember: know thyself.

    About me: during my 20s I started about 6 businesses. Out of those 3 flopped. One was sold within a year for a low six figure sum. The second did $3 million ARR with $600K profits. The third we raised some VC but had to fold the venture within a year. I am trying to recoup ever since but it's been extremely tough. You can read my whole story here in part 1 of this mini series.

    EDIT: I keep on receiving a TON of DMs with people thanking me which makes me happy, it means you got something out of it. You may also consider buying me a coffee.

    submitted by /u/30RITUALS
    [link] [comments]

    Sub-contracting one company to generate the leads & send them directly to another sub-contractor to do the work--can I do that?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    I'm running a general contracting business with my brother & we have been doing well but we want to start removing ourselves from it so we can do other things with all of that extra time?

    Right now we are having to spend time on getting new leads, new estimates, going out there, etc. We were planning to hire someone full-time for that but then we got to thinking!

    Can't we remove ourselves from both aspects & free up a lot of our time?

    Would love some input from you fellow entrepreneurs on how we can do this & what kind of legal aspects come along with it!

    submitted by /u/anon_user2985
    [link] [comments]

    Need ideas for equity split in new company

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    I'll try and keep this as concise as possible. Its an HVAC company.

    3 partners

    Partner 1. I am the owner of another business that gives me access to a ton of potential clients. The amount of clients I can provide would scale exponentially year over year. I can also cover all start up costs. But aside from reading financial reports and being a part of big decisions I don't want to be involved in running the company

    Partner 2. Old friend I have worked with before. We are an excellent team and think exactly alike. His work ethic is huge. He is trustworthy. He is pretty sharp. And he has plenty of experience as a general manager from other companies. We share the same values and customer service standards. He has limited mechanical and hvac experience but would need school and 3 years on the job to get his master mechanical license.

    The original plan was to just wait this out and go with partners 1 and 2 with me controlling in a 51/49 split.(lots of extra details in regards to protecting my investment and him buying in.) But that's 3 years. Enter partner 3.

    Partner 3. Has 20 years experience and a master mechanical license. We could get going right away. Already has a small residential hvac business but mostly does work for a larger company. Would probably also bring in equipment (vehicle/tools). Obviously this guys experience would be valuable too.

    I have a meeting with Partner 2 on Monday to come up with some ideas for how we could integrate partner 3. We want to have a plan before our meeting with Partner 3. If I bring in Partner 3 I feel like there isn't much there to justify Partner 2s existence. But Partner 2 is who I really want to work with.

    So. 2 questions. Would you wait and keep it at 2 people? Or would you integrate Partner 3?

    If you would integrate Partner 3, how do you think things should be split? I don't know this guy yet. Despite high reccomendations I am wary.

    Thanks in advance!

    Edit. Both of these guys are going to need to be paid while the company grows. I won't be taking any draw from the company until their basic needs are met. Of course this needs to be factored in.

    submitted by /u/jalepenoburns
    [link] [comments]

    Last year I left a small company, this year they want to talk to me about selling some of my unused work back to me. Thought and advice?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    I worked for an event company that I helped found in 2018 and left in 2019 due to internal conflicts. The company was small, but did good enough numbers to keep things afloat, and we started to explore other areas.

    Shortly before leaving we had worked on a Murder Mystery Dinner Party Game that we planned to market and sell online. I had written 95% of the game and it was mostly complete, but after I left it was simply shelved. The owner of the company and I have talked a handful of times since I left and I encouraged them to finish and sell the game - largely because I wanted to see my work used as it was something I am really proud of. Most recently, they've reached out to me about the possibility of me buying the rights back and finishing and producing the game myself. I have a non-compete contract that has prevented me from simply rewriting it on my own, so this would be my only opportunity to see my work sell and possibly make something from it.

    While we haven't discussed the price as of yet, I believe that the financial pressures of Covid-19 have led to this offer, so I might be able to get it for a low price, but I'm also recovering from the financial stress of Covid and don't have a lot to throw around.

    If you were in my position, would you:

    1) Offer a low amount of cash upfront.

    2) Offer a % of sales up to an agreed amount, or to an agreed time.

    3) Abandon the idea.

    While I don't feel that I could make money being a full time Murder Mystery Game writer, I do feel that I can make it a fun side project and generate some income from it. I'll also say that I really enjoyed my time creating it, and it would feel personally satisfying to see this succeed.

    submitted by /u/Twice_Knightley
    [link] [comments]

    How should I market a "wedding and event streaming service"?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    I have been making videos for a while and have done a lot of streaming for myself before this year. I've spent a good amount of time on this stuff in the past and have become comfortable with making professional-looking setups. When I got married earlier this year, I set up a stream with an HD camera and ported in mics via a switchboard. The video quality was great and the audio was crystal clear. A few other people saw my stream and asked me to do their wedding as well. When I live-streamed their wedding I had 4 HD camera going, had scenes made to switch locations in the room seamlessly, and had 2 cameras I personally manned. It was awesome and the results were amazing. I recorded the entire live stream and gave it to the family after the ceremony.

    How do I market this type of wedding streaming service to others in my town? I've already made a website, Facebook, and Instagram but don't know how to reach my audience and get them to know about our service.

    Edit: added clarification and fixed spelling errors.

    submitted by /u/Omicron08
    [link] [comments]

    Books that has literally changed your life or atleast your perspective?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2020 07:57 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I'm looking for book recommendations that had an inspirational effect on your entrepreneurial life

    submitted by /u/IDigCrypto428
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment