• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 4, 2020

    Value Investing AMEX Pulls Back From Adding New CC Customers

    Value Investing AMEX Pulls Back From Adding New CC Customers


    AMEX Pulls Back From Adding New CC Customers

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    Is Stan Druckenmiller wrong? Why did he say in May that liquidity will dry up in H2 2020?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    Sorry for the provocative title. But the comment that I am referring to is from his interview with the Economic Club of New York on May 12.

    I don't want to copy and paste the transcript, in case it needs to be removed by the mods, but during the interview, he essentially said that the Treasury borrowing will overwhelm Fed purchases, cancelling out any infusion of liquidity into the markets by the Fed. You can read his full comment here, instead of reading my undoubtedly shitty summary: https://thefelderreport.com/2020/05/27/why-brrr-doesnt-mean-what-you-think-it-means/.

    So I have done a rough check of the Federal Reserve balance sheet, their holdings of US Treasury securities, and the borrowing needs of the US Treasury for Q1~Q3 2020, and he is, of course, right. US Treasury will have to borrow a trillion or two more in June, and the Fed has yet to help buy that, despite a meteoric rise in their balance sheet total. So maybe there will be an undigested new issuance of Treasuries in June that will wreck the markets.

    https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/TREAST

    https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm997

    But my one question is - if that happens, why wouldn't the Fed just... buy more? Especially if the alternative was letting capital markets collapse?

    I mean, they already have trillions sitting on their BS, what's another trillion or two? Strongarm Japan into buying a bit more, private buyers here and there... and it seems like this volume of new issuance isn't something that would overwhelm markets.

    Just wanted to get some expert opinion on why Druckenmiller thought that this would dry up the liquidity and drop the markets.

    submitted by /u/Successful-Tension
    [link] [comments]

    How Investors are Behaving in 2020 Versus 2008

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 04:37 PM PDT

    Equity Analysis

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 05:12 AM PDT

    Are there specific steps that should be taken in terms of restatement and adjustments to a company's historic financial statements to make them more suitable as the basis of forecasting? More specifically, forecasting the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement?

    Are there any qualitative factors that analysts should consider when doing this preparatory work?

    submitted by /u/thotlesslyoblivious
    [link] [comments]

    Herman Miller - Is it a buy?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 04:06 PM PDT

    Hi everyone. I've written some analysis on Herman Miller. I would really appreciate it if you guys could give it a read and give me some pointers on where I've gone right and where I've gone wrong. This is my first time writing up something like this, so I'm not sure how good it is!

    I haven't actually made any proper investments before. But I'd say I'm being attracted towards the Warren Buffet/heads I win, tails I don't lose style of investing. This is my attempt at finding one of these companies.

    Thanks!

    https://docdro.id/oNXOlPr

    submitted by /u/ltdan1999
    [link] [comments]

    Verdad Research: Tail Risk Hedging ideas

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment