• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 4, 2020

    My car was vandalized by protestors. The insurance company has declared it a total loss. How long before I receive a settlement? Insurance

    My car was vandalized by protestors. The insurance company has declared it a total loss. How long before I receive a settlement? Insurance


    My car was vandalized by protestors. The insurance company has declared it a total loss. How long before I receive a settlement?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:13 PM PDT

    Do insurance companies tend to insure themselves or do they purchase insurance from other companies?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 08:27 PM PDT

    I'm thinking about property/renters insurance for office space, employee benefits, etc. Would it work in their favour to buy these policies from themselves? What if they had to payout? Genuinely curious.

    submitted by /u/Thumb_buddy
    [link] [comments]

    I crashed my car into someone’s car, I broke my front bumper, and the other car got some scratches on a small area behind the right tire.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:09 PM PDT

    So I want to know just how much I would need to pay for both insurance company, approximately. And how would it affects my insurance in the future? Thanks. I am from utah anyway.

    submitted by /u/lordndhuy
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance wants to know about other renters auto insurance in the same house (non family members)

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    I cant figure out why my insurance company would need this information. They want to know my landlords insurance policy number and insurer even though they have their own car and wont be driving mine? Seems pretty invasive and im not sure I want to even ask for that information.

    This is in Ontario Canada

    submitted by /u/JavaScriptWhore
    [link] [comments]

    My vehicles wrap was vandalized during protests, how would an adjuster determine what actually needs repairs?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    So fortunately I didn't suffer much damage outside of my wrap being torn all around my car and a few dings on my door but I am curious of something.

    So I would say around 80% of my vehicles wrap got damaged, some small, some bigger. The thing about the vehicle wrap is, if I replace 80% of the cars wrap, it would significantly outlast the other vinyl on the few pieces that were mostly unharmed

    Would they replace the entire wrap or just the parts damaged? I know this is different than say a custom paint but the same concepts apply. If the majority of the car is redone, the quality of the new pieces will not match that of the undamaged parts or am I SOL and will have to replace those parts myself?

    submitted by /u/CutieWithaBoooty
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone who studies/studied risk management and insurance in college?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    I have a question regarding calculations of the business policy (in South Africa to be specific) and in regard specifically with variable costs. I dont see where I'm going wrong in my calculation but its definitely wrong because our tutors gave us feedback but they dont elaborate. Any assistance would be appreciated.

    http://imgur.com/a/yCurWH1

    submitted by /u/itdobelikedatdoe
    [link] [comments]

    Hail damage to 1 hour old concrete slab

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    Hi All - we poured a new concrete patio this afternoon and a pop up hail storm graced us with its presence here in the Midwest. Obviously, the storm wasn't in the forecast. But alas, the slab is damaged. If the job was completed would this be something that would potentially be covered? Anyone have something like this happen?

    submitted by /u/ponybird
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble shopping for home and auto insurance at the same time

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    Location: Florida

    My spouse and I are about to purchase our first home at the end of June and are shopping around for insurance. Coincidentally, our car insurance policy is due to renew at the same time, so we would like to shop for both at once in order to have the most flexibility. However, I am having trouble figuring out who does bundle discounts and how much those discounts are.

    What's the best way to approach this? Do I just need to call both the home and auto departments of each company I'm looking to get quotes from and then ask them about bundling discounts? I'm willing to put in the time to research the best options for me, but I'm just a bit confused and want to make sure I'm doing my research properly. Getting quotes online and over the phone has just confused me further since the different departments of insurance companies don't communicate with one another.

    submitted by /u/swampyhiker
    [link] [comments]

    How does a renters policy actually pay

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:17 PM PDT

    If I had a claim do they pay directly or reimburse after the fact. I only ask because would I not need a substantial savings to rebuy everything before submitting a claim

    submitted by /u/GChmpln
    [link] [comments]

    Will Insurance companies go bankrupt covering all the looting/riot damages?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:30 PM PDT

    I was wondering how will insurance companies going to cover all the loses and damages done by looters?

    submitted by /u/scamstones101
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get a loaner car without currently having car insurance?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:19 PM PDT

    So I've just recently been able to get health insurance and the next thing was car insurance. But unfortunately I'll have to take my truck into the shop sooner than I thought, which is tomorrow morning, and it could be there overnight. Do dealerships offer any kind of temporary coverage when loaning a car? Or am I kinda SOL? I'm really just wondering what my options are.

    Edit: Houston, TX (sorry)

    submitted by /u/Celestial_Apollo
    [link] [comments]

    Question for Insurance Brokers/Underwriters

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    I work as a broker at an E&S firm located in the Midwest. This is a firm that has locations nationally. I've been at the company for a couple years but never worked in insurance before. I've been talking with friends about how businesses might bounce back after COVID and now the riots/protest.

    So I have the below question for anyone else in the industry:

    1) what was your company's stance on WFH pre-COVID? if you've been WFH when do they stay you will be back in the office? Have they made any mention flexible WFH options if you previously didn't have any?

    2) Has your company made a stance on the protests/riots? Specially came out in support of black lives matter? If not specifically BLM, then peaceful protests in general?

    submitted by /u/wanderingss
    [link] [comments]

    Renters insurance: Do i have to pay deductible for damage that's not my fault?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    I live in the first floor of a 3 floor complex. The top floor roofed caved in through the 2nd and 1st apartments (mine) during heavy rainfall. First all the night this happened i called my apartment manager and maintenance right away at 2am and no one responded until 4 am. So for 2 hours i had to disassemble my bed and salvage my clothes while trying to pour out as much water as i could. I managed move everything i could to the living room where there was no roof damage. So now they have the maintenance crew working on it and it will be a week. As for my living situation, my renters insurance told me if i get a hotel they would cover the cost but im too sure if they will. I have a $500 deductible and i just finished paying my rent. Considering none of this whole mess was my fault, is any way i can get around having to pay my deductible? Should i take legal action against the apartment for my expenses? This whole situation is new to me so i appreciate the help.

    submitted by /u/VXZofficial
    [link] [comments]

    Does State Farm cover Amazon Flex Independent Contractors vehicle?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:25 PM PDT

    Hi, does State Farm insure personal vehicles that are also used to drive and deliver local packages for Amazon Flex? I'm an independent contractor for them and they don't require I have any special insurance except my own personal auto coverage. Please advise as State Farm is my current company.

    submitted by /u/i-love-my-kitty
    [link] [comments]

    Covered CA Prescription Search Site/Tool

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    TL;DR Here is a site to help search prescriptions from Covered CA Marketplace providers. You can search a prescription and determine what Cost Tier it falls under or if there are coverage restrictions, e.g. quantity limits.

    Recently I had to get insurance through the Covered CA Marketplace. Their website has a tool to compare Marketplace plans that allows you to enter medical providers to determine if they would be in or out-of-network for your potential plans. What they didn't include was something to enter medications to see if they are covered and at what cost. In trying to determine if/how my prescriptions were covered, I used the following page on the CoveredCA website to search each formulary individually by doing a CTRL-F on the PDFs for my medications.

    As a small side project, I made this site to try to automate what I went through. Enter in prescriptions and it searches across a few of the Marketplace insurers. I had to scrape their formulary PDFs to get the data behind the search. Some PDFs were more difficult than others which is why not all insurers results are available. SEARCH TIP: Shorter terms produce more results, e.g. "montelukast" vs "montelukast sodium". This is due to how I implemented the search functionality and can definitely be enhanced.

    In an ideal world, I think it would be great if this functionality was included on the CoveredCA Marketplace comparison tool. I have to imagine CoveredCA has access or can get access to the raw data that I tried to scrape from PDFs to make a much more effective tool.

    Full Disclosure: This is a side project that I will be including on a personal portfolio site, although I will be highlighting more of the technical aspects of the project. The site is NOT meant to generate profit, has no ads and there is nothing to sign up or register for. I will log traffic simply to monitor hosting costs. I've asked for and received approval from the moderators for approval to post this. I hope it helps others.

    submitted by /u/jviloria96744
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to understand my Car Insurance coverage.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    If i have a $25,000 deductible for property damage, is that what i will have to pay before the insurance covers any property damage expense?

    submitted by /u/VXZofficial
    [link] [comments]

    Why can’t I get my medication I was prescribed sumatriptan and risatriptan but my insurance won’t let me get it. They keep saying they have to call the doctor and then the insurance and then the pharmacist and then I have to wait some time, why won’t they help?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    I was prescribed sumatriptan and risatriptan and I never got the pills. They said they are going to see if I qualify, I'm not to sure what is going on? the medication that I'm on right now doesn't work and my sychiatrist and therapist quit and closed down there office after covid 19 I never got help on what to do they were Justin it for the money. The consultations were fast and he didn't make sense or listen to what I was saying to him about my problems of why I'm on the medication.A lot of the people who were working there at the office were also prostituting there bodies to clients and the sheriffs would always show up and hand out tickets and fine them and have them do community service. I just don't know why it's taking 13 years to get help with my headaches I've already had 2 mri cat scans and they just meep lying and saying everything is good and that I'm okay when I'm not,I'm in a lot of pain and the pills I'm on at the moment don't work. My mom and dad have the best doctor they go to a nice hospital ,but I'm forced to go to some Mexican without a doctrin who doesn't have a bachelors degree who keeps leaving in and out the office to check the computer. I don't know why I just can't go to the same doctor like everyone else in my family I have blue shield through medi-cal because of ssi or ssdi. They say I only get 933$ a month since 2019 but I was only getting 600$ a month From my dad plus they said I have 30,000$ in a J.P. Morgan bank account but I just never got it yet. My dads a liar he can't be trusted and just keeps wasting money and keeps making things up on why he won't give my paychecks. Do you think I should change and call my insurance and try to get a new doctor and a new therapist/psycologist. I've had kaiser as my doctor but my mom ended up switching me which Im not sure why, and the one I'm with now is just some regular guy who is never there he just keeps sending me to other doctors at the office who are not qualified

    submitted by /u/Johntravoltanewyork
    [link] [comments]

    Hospital/Provider overcharged - how to obtain refund?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    I recently hit my out of pocket max for the year as a result of major health issue. Many of the providers have asked for payment upfront, which I provided. Now that the claims are being processed, many of the providers overcharged me.

    Will the provider send me a check for the difference or do I need to call each one for every occurrence?

    Maryland

    submitted by /u/BlBLlOPHILE
    [link] [comments]

    Drunk Driver Hit Me At 70MPH, Insurance People Had Me Accept ~$500 and up to $20,000 for Medical Expenses If Needed

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    Hello all, i was hit by a drunk driver around two weeks ago. I ended up calling the other parties' insurance company yesterday as I had heard nothing and they called me back today. In the course of 15 minutes, the insurance agent had me on a recorded call agreeing to around 500 bucks and up to 20,000 in medical expenses if needed.

    After speaking to a business colleague and my family I believe I acted way too fast. Is there anyway I can retract the agreement we made this morning? What makes a verbal agreement binding?

    I tried to call insurance company back and voice my dismay but, of course, to no avail.

    submitted by /u/tenyearvet
    [link] [comments]

    Taking care of mother who doesn't have health insurance.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    So as the title said. I am in this predicament where I work and make money. My mom is divorced and never worked a day in her life but has no health insurance under her name. I prefer to out her name under my insurance but apparently children are not allowed to carry parents under their insurance, and that is bull. The other option is paying for her insurance strictly for her, but that cost way too much money. Way above my payroll. Any advise on this and what to do? I live in Texas by the way if that mattered.

    submitted by /u/GammaBawm
    [link] [comments]

    Out of pocket maximum?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    Can a facility collect my OOP up front? I was under the assumption that thats just where my coinsurance goes to. This is an in network facility btw located in New Jersey USA. I'm trying to figure out if they're trying to pull one over on me.

    submitted by /u/Zah_Koo
    [link] [comments]

    Mistake with Primary/Secondary. Advice?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    I confess to being fairly ignorant about my coverage. I'm just recently starting to correct this, but I appreciate any and all help!

    I recently had 2 separate urgent care visits when I had the flu. Total bill was 600.

    I am covered under my work plan (primary, I believe) and as a dependent under my mom's plan (secondary). I only gave this urgent care provider the secondary insurance card, honestly because I forgot I had the other and I wasn't aware of coordination of benefits and all that. I ignorantly thought when you are covered under two plans, you simply use what you want. I guess I'm dumb.

    Anyway, the claim went through, my secondary insurance covered a large portion of it, and I paid the rest. My understanding is that I sort of lucked out? The secondary insurance shouldn't touch it until the primary insurance pays their part first?

    Now I'm scheduling a new doctor's appointment and I'm worried that if I correctly give both insurance cards to the provider, my secondary insurance will become aware of this....and maybe I'll be hit with that initial bill. Is this true? Am I missing something?

    It's about 5 months after the visit, so I believe the whole timely filing limit is up.

    Any advice is appreciated!

    Edit: New York, US

    submitted by /u/airgoat15
    [link] [comments]

    Unemployment and Covered California subsidized insurance

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    A family member is getting subsidized insurance through Covered California. Now that they are unemployed they are getting almost double the income through the federal subsidies. Will they be disqualified or receive reduced subsidies this year or next year because because the UI benefits raised their income?

    submitted by /u/Fofire
    [link] [comments]

    Contractor XM8 estimates?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 04:26 AM PDT

    Wasn't sure if the is the appropriate place to ask this, but...

    I was just hoping for some input from some insurance adjusters on what they find the most helpful when reviewing contractor supplements? Aside from supporting documentation (code docs, photos, etc.), is there any format a contractor should be writing their supplement that makes your job the easiest?

    submitted by /u/PanoramicConstruct
    [link] [comments]

    Is both home owners insurance AND renters insurance needed?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    Husband and I are purchasing townhouse in our names in Raleigh, NC. Daughter will live there and potentially pay rent if/when she gets employed again. I get that as owners we need homeowners insurance but we are being told that daughter's belongings in the townhouse won't be covered unless she has separate renters insurance. Really? Most of what will furnish the townhouse will come from us. Thoughts?

    Not sure this this might play into things: our mortgage for this townhouse is considered a "second home" - meaning that we will spend at least two weeks a year there. (I figure we paying for it, you can be sure we will visit! )

    submitted by /u/gekisme
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment