• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 2, 2020

    Protest related damage Insurance

    Protest related damage Insurance


    Protest related damage

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 02:07 PM PDT

    My wife works at a home improvement store in TN and protesters were at the store. She experienced damage to her car including someone running into the front of her car. It was starting to get out of control( including police using teargas) so I told her to come home immediately. She has pictures of everything including the car that hit her. My question is can I contact my insurance company(Travelers) even though I told her to come home immediately? We live in a different county and honestly it was more important to me that she got out of there than worrying about the condition of the car. If my post is scattered sounding , I'm sorry. I was worried about her more than anything. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/tennkinkster
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for opinion on this vehicle damage

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    Mine is the ford truck, hit old mate at roughly 50 km/h.

    Truck insured for 50k, less than 1 year old. 5000 km on the clock.

    Had 5 air bags depolyed. Does this look like a write off?

    This is in australia

    https://ibb.co/3zQhkRT

    https://ibb.co/Yh438Dq

    https://ibb.co/Yh438Dq

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/jfjdjdjejjdiskej
    [link] [comments]

    Closed Geico auto insurance policy, they say I owe them money

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    I'm in California- if that helps.

    So the policy is a 6 month premium paid monthly. I pay the 3rd of each month ahead of that months coverage period. I've been with Geico for over 5 years. Recently Geico started a 15% credit for new and renewed policies due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The month of May ended up almost a free month for me (until now that is). My 6-month policy renewed May 3rd, however, my lease was up May 27th. I canceled the policy effective June 3rd as there is no reason to keep paying insurance on a car I don't have. I could've kept the other car on the policy but it's a family members car and because the policy is under my name the rate for the single vehicle is increased because it defaults to covering 2 drivers for 1 car- again, made no sense to keep the policy open while I look for my next car.

    I called Geico to cancel the policy and at first they told me I would be getting a refund of $9. Sounds good to me. Decided to log in to my account about an hour after the call and noticed it says I owe them money. Call them back up, they tell me it's a mistake and it will fix itself soon enough and that I will be getting a refund of $9. Cool. Waited over a week, still says I owe them money. Received a bill in the mail. It's become clear that they want money from me. I called them up just a bit ago, they said there is nothing they can do. They said the other representatives made a mistake and I owe money because the Covid-19 credit no longer applies as I canceled my policy early.

    It does feel a bit like the rug has been pulled out from under me.

    1. They applied this credit automatically, I signed nothing.
    2. They told me I was getting a refund after I canceled the policy.

    Is there anything I can do? Or should I just suck it up and pay them to avoid damaging my credit?

    TLDR - I was given a credit for my 6 month policy. I canceled my policy earlier due to lease end. Geico wants money.

    submitted by /u/qruxtapose
    [link] [comments]

    Who are the fire Adjustors? How are they different than your own business insurance?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 10:16 PM PDT

    Due to the recent BLM riot/ looters/ opportunistic criminals, our business burned down. (Long Beach, CA)

    There were people coming by our business saying they are the "fire adjustor to work on our behalf." I thought that is what the insurance is for.

    Never had to deal with commercial insurance claims, especially not fire. What should I look out for? What should I start preparing for? (I.e begin pulling support of store contents, etc.)

    Thank you in advance for your help!

    submitted by /u/dogs247365
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a good idea to get life insurance for everyone in the family?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    Kids, parents, grandparents

    submitted by /u/jamalwilkens
    [link] [comments]

    Insuring/Registering a vehicle in a different state than where I live

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    My fiance and I moved from Grand Rapids, MI to Seattle, WA in 2018. The original plan was for me and my fiance to return to Michigan after 2-3 years. Since we already have her car and city parking spots are expensive, I decided it made sense to leave my Jeep at my Mom's place in Michigan.

    Now, a year and a half later, it is looking like we may be here longer than originally planned. The Jeep's registration has expired and it is collecting dust in a garage. I know vehicles can't just be left unused or can develop problems - is there any way I can pay for insurance and registration so that my Mom would be able to drive my car in Michigan?

    I've done a bit of Googling and it looks like I can't register a vehicle in Michigan if my permanent address is in Washington...which is unfortunate. Another idea would be paying for registration and insurance here in Washington and then mailing the plate and documents to Michigan.

    Any wisdom is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/harterc3
    [link] [comments]

    Insuring everyday items

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    Does anyone in this subreddit insure their everyday items like laptop and stuff? I know things like AppleCare exist but personally I think AppleCare is kind of a rip off and does not help in all situations. Also, I would like insure other very expensive items I own that do not come with plans like AppleCare. Does anyone in this subreddit use any services that can do this and link them?

    New to this subreddit sorry. I am in Texas in the United States.

    submitted by /u/youngkilog
    [link] [comments]

    Car accident, driver left before giving insurance

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    California, I was not at fault.

    I was in an accident, I got her phone number and Driver's License. She did not get my license or insurance information. She didn't have insurance so as I said I needed to call someone (the cops), she left. The cops said too bad.

    Is there anything I could've done? Insurance told me to file a hit and run anyways.

    submitted by /u/quintooo3
    [link] [comments]

    Advised Against Dropping Auto Coverage?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    I reached out to my agent today to get their feedback on dropping collision coverage on 2 of the 4 cars on my policy since we're working from home for the foreseeable future and not driving them at all. We're using the 2 other cars to do all driving/run errands.

    My agent recommended not to drop coverage. Said we were already at the lowest mileage rating as well. Is there something I'm missing here as to why the agent recommended against dropping collision coverage temporarily, especially if the 2 cars are not being driven?

    submitted by /u/NoSoupFor_You
    [link] [comments]

    SO LOST

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 06:57 PM PDT

    Hello I completed and passed my Life-Only, health and accident insurance exam (california). I'm trying to complete my license registration through CDI website which directs me to zircon service. I'm completely lost and don't know what to put on the Surplus Lines question page. Its either : A) I am an individual applicant applying for Special Lines Surplus Line who only transacts on behalf of a Special Lines' Surplus Line Broker business entity.

    B) I am an individual applicant applying for Special Lines' Surplus Line Broker that has a $10,000 bond on file.

    or

    The same questions but with a 50,000 bond.

    1. I am NOT applying for Surplus Lines, I am applying for my life health and accident insurance license (Resident Insurance Provider)
    2. I don't work for transact for any entity or company at the moment
    3. I am NOT an individual who is applying for Surplus Lines Broker nor has a 10k or 50k bond on file.

    I have no idea what I'm suppose to click here! Everything I read about "surplus lines" speaks for property and causality, not life and health.

    Someone please help :(

    submitted by /u/1suplife
    [link] [comments]

    Forced to accept insurance payout?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    Location: Delaware Issue: had damage to my roof from a wind storm. Called homeowner's insurance. They sent an adjuster out but told me I was not obligated to follow through with the case. Today I received an alert that they had paid out the claim - without telling me the amount of me agreeing to any payment. As this could affect my future HOI policy amount, I am displeased. Once I learned the amount was so low, I was even more displeased. Is this the norm?

    submitted by /u/theyonk
    [link] [comments]

    What does grievance form do? (Health insurance)

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    Does this cover unethical and unprofessional practices ? What does it do exactly?

    My complaints is for the front office/billing people. They overcharged me 8 weeks ago. They fixed it, then they re-charged me again today. Luckily my insurance called them 8 weeks ago and my insurance actually has a documentation (and recorded phone call) that they were advised to correct the charge. They said they did but for whatever reason 8 weeks later they went back on their words and tried re-charging me the wrong amount

    I'm considering filing a grievance form, but what exactly does it do? Does it apply to the non medical staff?

    This is United Health Care, if it matters

    submitted by /u/RagingHomo_Sapiens
    [link] [comments]

    progressive good student discount

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    please help!!! my parents want me to do the progressive good student discount, i got a c and they CANT FIND OUT. are the unofficial transcripts accepted as proof or do i have to send in real transcripts?? i'm super worried ):

    submitted by /u/annaelisabethh
    [link] [comments]

    Where do home insurance companies get property risk data from?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    Where do insurance companies get the risk data for all US commercial and residential property? I'm guessing the data is gathered and collected by different organizations or public agencies who then provide it to the various insurance companies for their underwriters.

    I am working on a data science project and would like to get free access to this data if possible.

    I might be wrong in which case the the insurance companies would be gathering the data themselves - this would be the worst outcome lol (don't want to cold email all insurance companies to get 1 "no, thank you" response).

    thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/kimster7
    [link] [comments]

    Dental insurance covers full mouth x-rays every 5 years. 4 years and 9 months passed so insurance won't cover it. Anything I can do?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    So I went to the dentist and they do full mouth x-rays every 5 years. I got my insurance bill to see that my insurance didn't cover the x-rays because they only cover the procedure once every 5 years. Apparently last time I got full x-rays was 4 years and 9 months ago. Is there anything I can do?

    My dentist's front desk just said they do full x-rays on the 5th year, that they can't check with everybody's insurance to make sure it fits all these technicalities. I feel frustrated because they could've mentioned, "hey, this might not be covered by your insurance." Should I have said something and made sure to verify its covered before they did anything?

    submitted by /u/Wolverine_Champ
    [link] [comments]

    Switching from Software sales to Commercial Insurance??

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    Hi Everyone, I am considering a major career change and I am looking for some advice.

    I currently have admittedly a very comfy SAAS sales job that pays about 140k/yr (half of that is base). The job is pretty good overall...good work/life balance, good benefits, etc. But I have two main problems:

    1. I don't like having to report to someone and constantly deal with internal BS/Drama and micromanaging
    2. The Grind...now I get it, I should pick a different profession If I don't want to grind, but here's the problem with software sales....the grind is always there. There will never be a time where I can't stop making 200+ calls/emails a week if I want to hit my number.

    I think Commercial insurance could solve these two problems because:

    1. 100% commission roles give a great deal of autonomy. I wouldn't have to report to anyone but myself.
    2. After a couple years of initial grinding, you can rake in the renewals to keep a high, steady stream of income and use referrals to drum up new business instead of making cold calls/emails.

    Am I missing something here? Am I crazy?

    EDIT: I am in Michigan....just following the locationbot's orders

    submitted by /u/firedbycomp
    [link] [comments]

    Trip Interruption Manulife [Canada]

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    I filed a trip interruption claim when Canada issued the travel advisory because I was in Europe and left on very short notice. Does anyone have any info on a timeline for how long they are taking to process claims?

    submitted by /u/Kingalthor
    [link] [comments]

    Progressive Good Student Discount

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    What kind of proof do they accept? Does it have to be an official transcript? My sister said that maybe just a screenshot would work in email but that doesn't seem right.

    submitted by /u/CrispyPan
    [link] [comments]

    Auto insurance recommendations for my situation?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    I'm a 24 y/o single male looking to insure a 2006 toyota tacoma (5-spd, base model) with about 57k miles.

    Don't want liability only. Need full coverage.

    I own the vehicle, not making payments.

    I've been in one accident, and I was at fault (over 3 years ago).

    I've gotten online quotes and they seem a little high, so I'd like to walk into an office and speak with an agent face to face.

    Could anyone recommend a company? I've been recommended state farm and I know my dad has liberty mutual, but I genuinely know nothing about insurance.

    Thanks in advance!

    Edit: also, about how much should I expect to pay per month for a mid-mid/high deductible plan? Just wanna make sure I have some reference.

    submitted by /u/radiozephyr
    [link] [comments]

    StateFarm Renter's Insurance Question

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    Does anyone who has purchased statefarm renter's insurance through its website know how to add an "additional insured/interested party?" I didn't see an option to add anything before purchasing. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Asianthrowaway55
    [link] [comments]

    Update to original post - my car was totaled and the other party was not compliant.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 02:26 PM PDT

    My original post is exactly what happened above see the link here and now I have an update!

    So, I received the police report today and it definitely says that the other driver was at fault. If they're being non-compliant, but the report says its their fault, does that mean liability is automatically with them 100%? I hope this is the case because I would really like to car shop!!

    Thanks again for any advice.

    Edit: I am in Pennsylvania, by the way.

    submitted by /u/anonymous_trash
    [link] [comments]

    3 Car accident, culprit fled the scene. Where to go from here?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 10:36 AM PDT

    Was involved in a three car hit and run a couple days ago in NYC, I was rammed in the back, forward into another car in front of me.

    Got the plates of the rear diver before he left the scene, before the cops came, but with the police report in my hands, it looks like no insurance popped up, & all I have is liability and UMP with Liberty.

    So where do I go from here as far as getting my car fixed, is it out of pocket with no insurance from the culprit? Liberty pretty much told me there's no claim to open.

    Can the driver in front come after me if the third driver isn't a factor?

    A man came up after who was a consultant offering doctor and lawyer services for a personal injury claim & lawsuit, how legit is this? My neck hurts from the whiplash but that's about it.

    submitted by /u/DFVJ
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best insurance for first time homeowner, with a fixer upper?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 02:05 PM PDT

    I'm located in Alabama and am 23 years old. I've gotten quotes from several companies. Some are $1200 (Amica) and some are $2500 (progressive).

    I am buying a 1200sqft home for $40,000, it is livable and seems to be in good condition, just ugly. Roof is old, but no issues. Etc. This is more of an investment property, than life time home.

    I have a headache from searching for insurance, and that's all I've done the past few days. We don't have independent agents in my area, to my or anyone else's knowledge. Turning to reddit for advice.

    submitted by /u/Ejw42
    [link] [comments]

    How much Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should I get in NY?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    I'm in my mid-40s, but as a NYC resident I haven't owned a car in two decades (and I've never had my own auto insurance before).

    I'm planning on maxing out the BIL/PDL/PIP while taking basic comprehensive and collision coverage. My question regards SUM coverage. The minimum in NY is $25k/$50k, but should I max it out to $250k/$500k? It seems to be a difference of about $200 a year on the policy I'm pricing out, so not a huge expense. But I don't want to flush $200 down the drain either if it's not needed.

    submitted by /u/lambretta76
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment