• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 10, 2020

    Closed $750k deal, Blew up my quota Sales and Selling

    Closed $750k deal, Blew up my quota Sales and Selling


    Closed $750k deal, Blew up my quota

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    Not really that much value to add but I closed a $750k deal last week which put me at 135% of annual quota and I'm half way through Q2. Pardon the humble flex.. I've always saw these type of posts and thought, not going to be me, but here I am!

    This was a services deal that had a very tight timeline and was also a nightmare to get contracted. I definitely gained some grey hairs through it all.

    My comp plan isn't great so I won't be making a killer commission (we pay out 2-3% on services), but it is great leverage for either a promotion or another higher paying role elsewhere.

    I've posted here occasionally and read through a ton of material which has helped me so far in my career, so thank you r/sales for the assistance!

    submitted by /u/C-rad06
    [link] [comments]

    Outside Sales

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    Is right now a good time to get into outside sales? I'm thinking no. Anyways, work inside sales at a socal start-up, looking to switch jobs because of the commute and got offered this position a lot closer to where I live. I feel like outside sales is a really bad idea right now, despite the product being cleaning/water purification but it's close to home. Like my current job, I don't have any quotas and frankly if I do nothing all day I gave no consequences. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/Leadtheway47
    [link] [comments]

    How many people actually make quota at your SaaS company?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 11:32 AM PDT

    I'm in my first full time sales role right now and it seems like maybe 20% of the SDR team is actually able to make quota consistently and of that 20%, they have all built out a book of business over a year and a half. Is this normal amongst other SaaS orgs or is the quota really high at my company?

    submitted by /u/PC_player543
    [link] [comments]

    I’m about to close a $15M sale with 25% EBITDA margin. My “big win” comp is $7000.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    It's been a year long technical sale. It's likely going to be the largest onboarding of growth with a new client in our company this year. We're publicly traded with a $500M market cap.

    Does anyone else have brutal comp plans like this? This is industrial/construction related so is that a field with notoriously poor comp or what gives?

    submitted by /u/thechurchofpizza
    [link] [comments]

    Cold email response rate

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    A newbie question so please forgive if this isn't the right place to post.

    I've been reading about cold email response rates and ways to improve my percentages. What I'm not clear on is what is counted as a response. I receive a variety, from let's meet to please remove (which still gets a response). Do I only count positive responses?

    I know what matters is an improvement over time but I also like to know how I'm doing based on industry benchmarks.

    Help and guidance are greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Neuterme
    [link] [comments]

    Tools for independent reps?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 07:13 AM PDT

    What's up guys, love this sub and all the awesome sales insights shared.

    I just signed with an agency to do some business development work, and they're willing to pay for my tools. ACV is 1.5 and I'm making 3% a deal. But they have zero sales process as their previous sales guy dipped.

    It's a part time thing right now - I have a full time job and a side hustle. Luckily with covid I don't have a social life so why not get that $$$ right?

    I have a pretty simple question - which dialer/email tools do independent reps like to use?

    I know Outreach has annual plans so I don't think that's on the table. Close.io seems good too and it's month to month.

    I'm not sure if the best move would be selling them on owning the outreach platform themselves, rather than me paying for it and being reimbursed. I don't want to get locked into an annual plan and then realize these guys can't close on the deals I bring in or something like that.

    And this is my first time selling outside of being part of a company - any tips from the grizzled vets? What am I missing?

    Appreciate ya'll taking the time to read this post and thanks for any feedback.

    submitted by /u/InfiniteCantaloupe5
    [link] [comments]

    In India. How do I get in touch with sales folks in North America who are interested in selling AI

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    Products and services? Commission only and no cap on how much the sales person makes.

    submitted by /u/houstonrice
    [link] [comments]

    22, worked in car sales but want to switch to SaaS?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    I worked in car sales for a year and did good but realized I want something I can scale better + get into better promotions over time. Car sales is pretty plateau and the nepotism really puts a pay cap in the job.

    What role do I start applying for, and what is a fair pay plan? I'm near Dallas, by rockwall.

    Just need advice bc I was making 40-50k a year, but I know I can do so much better.

    submitted by /u/Mefx97
    [link] [comments]

    How to seal the deal?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    I do door to door sales, I set up meetings where people sign up for solar energy, and I am always getting people interested and when I try to schedule a meeting they always say, "Can I get your card" or "Maybe another day". How can I get these people to listen and agree to sit down for a free consultation.

    submitted by /u/Illustrious_Poet
    [link] [comments]

    Enterprise Sales Interview

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 12:34 PM PDT

    I have an up coming interview with a large company and would love some feedback back on selling to large public sector clients.

    submitted by /u/blipblopsd
    [link] [comments]

    How to avoid burnout when I have no free time?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    Recently I have taken up a sales job where I'm working 10 hours a day everyday. I have a two hour lunch which is nice but it means that I end up being away from home from 9 in the morning to sometimes 10 at night. I feel I'm burning out quickly because I just have no free time. I get home and go to bed at 12 giving me pretty much an hour of free time at night and an hour in the morning. I feel like it would be good to start working out in the morning but that would mean I would have to give up an hour of my free time or an hour of sleep. Is there anything else I can do that will make life easier and help me not burn out so fast?

    submitted by /u/iamveriesmart
    [link] [comments]

    Company shut off an entire market and threw away years of hard work

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    Just got out of a meeting where our CEO announced that they are going to shut down our entire LatAm market and what we have been doing for the past 2 years are turning into dust. The reason is that they found out that it is not profitable and probably never will (guess whats? we are a startup).

    Jesus Christ, we hustled for 1.5 year on that market, selling like crazy and after an entire year they get all that work and throw away like it was nothing? I have seen the CEO only 2 times and both were to announce bad news.

    I am completely out of directions now, the entire department are going to be relocate to a different language speaking market. The problem is that I am used to sell in spanish and starting conversations as well as cold calling in english will be a hella lot harder.

    They said that it was out of their hands and the numbers just didn't add up (why wait 1.5 year then?). Our current clients are going dark without receiving support and I bet that in 2-3 months we will have no clients in LatAm.

    Sorry for the grunt post, but what would you do in a position like mine? I know that I might be able to sell in english but I am really not sure, this whole thing is very unpredictable.

    submitted by /u/gsmartins
    [link] [comments]

    Selling in Canada with an accent

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    Hello guys, thanks a lot for the insights and all the value you put out in this /r

    Recently I got a temporary residency visa for Canada which allows me to work full time in the country and I would like to launch and improve my selling career overthere. I speak english fluently but I have a more than obvious foreign accent (from a non english speaking country) and I don´t know if that could be an issue for potential bosses or clients.

    On the other hand, it would be a plus to speak native spanish for a sells guy in Canada?

    submitted by /u/Moyzcom
    [link] [comments]

    LinkedIn Sales Navigator

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    I saw a post a while ago about someone having deeply discounted LinkedIN sales navigator plan. Any more of those invites available to anyone know how to get a discounted sales navigator. I've already used my 1 month free.

    submitted by /u/TraumaGuy40
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions on career path?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    I'm still young and have exactly 2 years experience as a sales rep working in telco. I have a very solid performance history being a top earner and I was "promoted" into a management position for 6 months before deciding that the paycut wasn't worth my time.

    Just like everyone I would love to make the most amount of money possible in the least amount of time. I have a personal goal to leanFIRE and was on track to achieve it at my previous job.

    The company I worked for did a huge overhaul that resulted in a mass exodus of senior sales staff. The breaking point for me was a massive commission cut for top earners which was redistributed to raise up the payout of lower earners resulting in around a 30% decrease in my take home pay despite maintaining performance that kept me in the top 5% of agents.

    Even after clocking considerable amounts of additional overtime to try and raise my commissions I was uable to achieve my income goals.

    The headquarters was also relocated to extend my commute by an hour and we were given 20 days notice. Other small things contributed to myself and others leaving but those are the major points.

    I had a large amount in savings from living frugally and have taken a semi-pretirement of about 2 years. I was also working the family business in this time as an electrician so my resume has a sizable non-sales hole in it.

    I, unfortunately, do not have sales experience outside the realm of taking inbound calls however I'm confident in my coachability. I pick up new skills easily though I'm not sure if many companies would take a chance on that.

    I have a 4 year degree in public health as well as clinical experience and textbook knowledge from a nursing degree I was originally pursuing before I changed my major.

    I would like to sell something related to healthcare since the healthcare field is something I nerd out over. I am able to easily learn healthcare concepts/ jargon as a result of my hobby-like interest and educational background.

    So in summary, I have demonstrated that I can be successful in an inbound sales environment, have zero outbound experience to my name. Have a college degree and interest in healthcare.

    I would love some suggestions on which industry or path I should pursue to maximize my earning potential. Doing my own research I feel a bit overwhelmed and directionless. Theres so many options out there it's difficult to narrow down to something worth my time.

    I'm based in Charlotte, NC but I don't have many roots here. Relocation is an option I would consider but would prefer not to.

    Apologies in advance for formatting.

    submitted by /u/seventhmind
    [link] [comments]

    Understanding and getting past price resistance

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    For those that have been in sales for a while, the price "objection" is no stranger. However, after many successful years of being an IC, I've learned and coached that by doing the job right, price shouldn't be something you'll normally have to deal with at the end of a meeting. By the end of a sales meeting, the value should be apparent, and have been demonstrated throughout the conversation. This is what has led me to successful years of selling.

    But price resistance will come up every now and again. Maybe the job wasn't done right, maybe the person wasn't a good fit. Different reasons. But nobody is able to get past this 100% of the time. Lots of gurus act like if you follow a formula, you'll get past it every single time, but reality is you win some you lose some.

    With that, my first question is what percentage of the time are you more experienced sales people able to get past price resistance at the end of a meeting with the following constraint: no discounts of any kind or different types of price schedules or plans. The price is the price… it's set, can't negotiate whatsoever on price.

    1/10 times? 5/10? Looking for percentages based off of data if you all keeping track of this this. If you don't have any data that's fine, but not very interested in guesses. Guesses can be way off sometimes.

    I've also noticed throughout the years that sales trainers like to talk about price "objections" through generalities but not demonstrating the very specific details of the dialogue. Talking about things like not demonstrating enough value and needing to circle back to value, which I agree with, but I'm more so interested in the actual conversations everybody is having.

    What does your conversation really look like? Let's not talk theory here. Want to focus on the dialogue exchange.

    Let's say the product solves the problem and the only hang up is price. There are no hidden objections. The real objection is price, and we can't break this down into payments or offer any discounts.

    What do your conversations look like?

    submitted by /u/salesorsomething
    [link] [comments]

    What are the best Sales Certifications?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    So I've been coming across more job postings that really encourage sales certifications lately. Which one is the best one to get? Are they valuable?

    submitted by /u/throwaway7472839
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone ever used GrowthGenius or Predictable Revenue?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 11:00 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I run a two-people boutique UX agency and want to focus in the sustainability/green/eco-friendly sector. For lead generation I came across these two tools. Has anyone ever used these tools to generate B2B leads? What's the experience like? Any advice you would give a total noob like me. I have recently started acquainting myself with sales and lead generation.

    Thanks and stay safe!

    submitted by /u/nickchangs
    [link] [comments]

    Sales presentations -powerpoint?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 04:35 AM PDT

    Hi all, What format does everyone use for their sales presentations? I am moving into a strategic account management role and I feel C-level executives do not want to see PowerPoints. Aside from live demos, do you have any other presentation tools?

    submitted by /u/SmoothSubstance
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for an aspiring young salesman

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 04:10 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm a guy who is having a tough time getting back in my groove. I've been in insurance-based roofing sales for about 5 months now, and at the moment it is not going so well.

    My first month in, I crushed it (kind of). I had the highest numbers in the company in every regard but actual sales (ex doors knocked, people pitched, inspections completed). I was very proud of this because sales was entirely new to me and I was just soaking in and learning everything I could. Second month I did very well in regards to sales, but my effort had notably reduced (10 sales). Third month in I had a phenomenal number of sales (15) but as before, my effort had continue to degrade. Last month, my effort hit an all time low and I made a whopping total of 2 sales. This month I have yet to make a sale.

    I am posting today because I need help. How do y'all manage to keep up the positive mindset, continue to raise your motivation, and get out there and sell day in and day out- even when the mind makes it seem hopeless and it is a struggle to leave your bed? How do you all cope with the constant rejection which bites at your soul and you have to have a hardened heart just to deal with it on a daily basis? How do you deal with the pre-conditioned homeowners who have already made up their minds before you open up your mouth to speak?

    I want success. I know I will have it one day, but I am at a point right now where it looks so far off in the distance I am struggling to find my motivation to earn it. I read money-making books and I read sales books, but I am unable to see any growth in my selling as a result. Moreover, I am unable to rediscover that blazing motivation from my first month in this industry. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/Unbelieveablytrue
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment