• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 6, 2020

    CEO refuses to give me my commission Sales and Selling

    CEO refuses to give me my commission Sales and Selling


    CEO refuses to give me my commission

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 11:02 PM PDT

    Long story short, my CEO is refusing to pay me my commission stating I didn't meet my contract guidelines to be paid out. He said because I quit, I was forgoing the commission that I had made thus far. I quit because he didn't pay me my last commission check and was being sketchy, when I called him out on it, we had a fight and I said I wouldn't work with someone who'd talk to me in said manner. The amount he owes me isn't significant enough for a lawyer to represent me. What other options do I have other than walking away?

    FYI - I'm apparently the 2nd sales rep he's done this to. I just didn't know until it was too late...it's a really small company as well, less than 5 people with no HR or finance team. Not quite sure what to do - never had my money be withheld / stolen from me like this...

    Company is based in Texas if it matters

    submitted by /u/sillychickengirl
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the highest base salary/OTE you’ve heard of and what was the person’s role/company?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    Prospect Building Tips

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I just got hired in a B2B sales position and my manager wants me to spend a few days building a list of prospects contact. I'll be in the packaging industry , but currently am creating a list to contact about purchasing sanitation products ( masks, gloves, disinfectants , etc.)

    I am new to prospect list building and would love some tips on how to gather a large number or potential contacts quickly, as well as some tips on organizing the list.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/rg3mfer
    [link] [comments]

    Sales books

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 10:53 AM PDT

    I love a good book on sales, but oftentimes they're too abstract and not directly applicable for daily tasks.

    What sales book can be applied most to current sales cycles?

    submitted by /u/pockethose69
    [link] [comments]

    Hearing impaired and looking for next move in sales

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    I have moderate hearing loss that makes it difficult to navigate some conversations, especially on the phone or Zoom if the connection is poor.

    I've been at 3 different companies over the past 3 years as an SDR at each company. My goal was to move into an AE position asap, but I feel that my hearing problems have held me back and made me less confident when having more in depth conversations with prospects (discovery, demo, etc.). However, my sales intuitions are pretty good, prospects tend to like me, my writing skills are solid and my intelligence and understanding of technology is better than most sales people I've encountered.

    Recently I was part of a large round of lay offs at my company due to COVID 19 and I'm trying to figure out what my next steps should be.

    For context on why I've had three separate SDR positions: The first company I worked for had a really low salary and poor comp plan. The second company I worked had a much better salary and comp but the culture was completely toxic and promotion path was virtually nonexistent. My most recent company paid even more and was pretty good all around... but like I said I was laid off.

    So now I'm in a pickle because:

    1) recruiters are questioning why I've had 3 SDR jobs, each around a 1 year duration

    2) my hearing loss is hurting my confidence and making me wonder if I've chosen the wrong path

    3) I don't know if I should pursue another SDR position or if that's just going to make my problems worse

    So I'm really at a loss here (loss hear... lol) and could use some advice. I like sales and think I'm good at it. I would love to get into a good account management or customer success type of position, which might be easier than prospecting into new accounts, given my hearing loss. (?) I'm not really sure what my other options are, tbh. I would consider something in marketing, but I just feel like my resume looks pretty weak at this point, even though my coworkers and managers have all thought pretty highly of me and many have told me that I'm more conscientious and intelligent than your typical salesperson.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/GermyPussy
    [link] [comments]

    Salary Negotiation Question for my first sales job

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 08:50 AM PDT

    Hi Everyone,

    Total newbies here looking at my first sales job. I received my first job offer for a B2B Polymers Inside Sales Rep. The job requires a BS degree in engineering or chemistry. I've spent the last 3 years working as an engineer. However, I'm looking to transfer into technical sales to accelerate my growth/income.

    At a glance, they offer a 50k base salary with a maximum of 25k bonus. I was surprised that my income is capped at 75k. I thought most of the sales jobs compensation is based on my performance. I.e: the more profit I bring to the company, the more I'm going to earn. Doesn't seem to be the case here. Doesn't matter how much revenue I bring in, the maixmum bonus is still 15k

    My commission is 0.5% if the GPM is > 40% linearly decrease to 0.125% if the GPM is 10-15%. Does this structure sound fair? Do I have room to negotiate commision %?

    I'm planning to negotiate the maximum bonus limit 50k, which would make my maximum income to 100k. I don't think it is fair to put a 25k cap on my maximum bonus since I wouldn't have as much motivation to do more sales once I achieve the maximum amount. Ultimately, the more I sales, the more money the company make, why wouldn't I be compensated accordingly. Am I looking at this correctly?

    Thank you all for the inputs.

    submitted by /u/thonyb168
    [link] [comments]

    Just got a internal sales job (full sales cycle) in construction sales (bricks) is there good money to make in this area if I progress to a field based position? Thanks :)

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    When learning sales....

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    A lot of the time I see people talking about 'sales gurus' and finding the right 'guru'.

    My take on this is that, instead of 'gurus' we should be looking for EXPERTS instead.

    What do I mean? There are far too many people out there who are selling you a tutorial, online lessons, get rich schemes and the list goes on. We all understand that sales can feel like navigating through mist, but it's our responsibility to look for those people who truly are experts in the field. More often than not, you'll find these guys have less views, less advertisements, and overall less shilling. Who are some people I would reccomend? Niel Rackam, Victor Antonio, Brian Burns - these are people who when you watch them, you gain insight on the sales process that doesn't include "17 ways to overcome objections". Experts lead you, and it's very easy to look at sales and examine how you could overcome an objection or 'close right now' but it requires someone seasoned to explain to you how to prospect properly, expand territory, deal with competitors & add value to your product.

    All in all, take your time when finding someone to learn from - look for someone who teaches you and has many years of experience, not someone who wants to make a quick buck off you. You'll find many experts offer their information for free.

    submitted by /u/Crumbs_on_carpet
    [link] [comments]

    Company changed our quarterly comp plan two months into quarter

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    Hello Wise Sales professionals. I'm in Enterprise Sales at a HR tech company and we operate on a quarterly comp plan. Our fiscal is April 1 and we recently just signed our new comp plan for the year. Then, in early May we announced some layoffs and found our we'll be partnering with a sister company of ours going forward. Along side these changes we were told that our comp plans are changing immediately. The business ended up turning April and May into its own "quarter" and are doing something completely unrelated and stand-alone for the month of June. My commissions used to be based strictly on revenue vs quota, and on my "old" comp plan I'm on target to earn anywhere from $150,000-$200,000 in commissions this quarter alone. Now, with all these new changes, they're capping our earnings this quarter and I'm now looking at $35,000-$40,000 in commissions. What a difference, huh? I re-reviewed the document I signed in early April and I don't see that they can make such a drastic change with no notice. That said, I also realize most companies structure these plans to where they can change things at their discretion. Do I have room to negotiate this payout, or possibly (last resort) talk to an attorney? What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/tmacdon1
    [link] [comments]

    What do you do when you know your prospect wants to shop around?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    I sell websites. Often times I have a GREAT conversation with a prospect. We talk about price and everything. Then I suggest we book another call in a few days (because no one buys on the spot on the 1st call). But the prospect says they're busy the next few days and wants to book the call one week from now. And you know exactly why...

    It's because they have your price now, and they want to shop around. With my price they can go to my competitors and tell them how much I charge, giving them the opportunity to under-cut me or provide extra value.

    It's really annoying, because I feel helpless in these situations. What could I do? I can't stop someone from shopping around. Websites are offered everywhere. Of course I can position my service in a way that differentiates me, but I'm at such a disadvantage when my prospect has my price and compares it to my competition.

    My old sales trainer asks this question early on in the call "What is the deciding factor in you choosing a web agency? Is it just price?" then he'd position the pitch in a way that appeals to what the prospect says they values the most. And if the prospect makes it clear that they want to shop around my trainer would ask: "If it were between us and another agency, which would you choose if the price was the same?". The prospect would of course say they'd choose us, then my trainer would ask "Why?" -- making them tell us our value instead of us telling them. What do you think of this approach? It's a bit odd, maybe brilliant? I'm not sure if it works.

    submitted by /u/yummypinot
    [link] [comments]

    Just closed my first sale and it feels pretty darn good!

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:12 PM PDT

    New grad. 1099'er. Owner gave 1st month base pay to cover summer rent but I'll be starting 100% commission by choice moving forward. I found this subreddit last night and couldn't be more excited to learn.

    submitted by /u/TurtleOnMission
    [link] [comments]

    Average sales calls per day?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    I do SDR work in the SaaS space and I was wondering what the masses would consider a good/ reasonable amount of calls to make every day. To add a bit more perspective our org currently uses SalesLoft as a dialer. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/smorr
    [link] [comments]

    Are You Following The Right Gurus Online? Ways To Know You're Not Getting Scammed

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    Where do you go to get information on knowing which online courses are legit? Every time someone views youtube there is someone new and super young selling millionaire secrets.

    A majority of these marketers are preying on gullible or emotionally vulnerable people and I'd like to see some source of truth to know who is a scam or not.

    How do you know if they are legit? I am looking to compile all of your answers into a research guide for people looking for reliable online courses. Looking to have individuals list:

    • Websites
    • Blogs
    • Forums
    • FB Groups

    Any sort of input would allow you to help those on the come up and would be greatly appreciated.

    - Adrian

    submitted by /u/amohnacs
    [link] [comments]

    Should I quit my startup job right after I started?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 02:29 PM PDT

    I'm at a dilemma now.

    I just started this week as a SDR at a small tech startup, and honest to god, I can say it's not a good fit for me. I don't really agree with how they are marketing their products, and tbh, it's a very peppy and fratty attitude there and I'm not really with it.

    I took the position for the great perks and benefits, but I didn't how aggressive and misleading the cold calls would be (calling 3-4 times in a row) lying to business about being interviewed, only during the interview to be sold products.

    This is not to say I'm not good at selling, I was the top two people getting meetings, I just came to the realization that I don't really want a career in sales, which is what this position entails. If I worked hard enough, I could be a AE within 6 months, but then that's another round of convincing people to buy a product instead of a meeting.

    In reality, I wanted to take a job in Law, and I was in last rounds of interviews for law firms and even got a offer before COVID hit. I took this because it seemed like a better deal, but I can see now it's not my passion nor goals.

    What do I do now? Can I just quit/put in my notice now? Should I stick with it until I find another gig?

    Any advice would be great

    submitted by /u/travellust234
    [link] [comments]

    Do you know who your customers are?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    Do you struggle to understand your customers? What are you struggling with the most?

    submitted by /u/tosha_blackburn
    [link] [comments]

    First Sales Call- looking for feedback.

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    Have been doing handyman work for 20+ years. Went full time a year ago with a legal company and all. Have one main client who does tax sale houses and have been working for friends for the last year, 50K in revenue for 2019 in 9 months.

    Want to diversify- get more jobs find better employees, put them on their own van and do what I want to do and not the "shit" work. If I could drum up the business I have no problem buying 2 or 3 vans and setting up 3 or 4 guys for a good life.

    Yesterday I did my first sales call with someone I had never met before. Look through my posts to find the flyer I sent out that they messaged me off of.

    They found my website and messaged me, then texted.

    Sales Call- I arrived at 7pm and we discussed the original reason for the call (closet installation) for approx. 30 minutes. Then got to going out the door and got started talking about their jobs and my situation (don't want to drive 60 miles anymore for work) and I was ribbing the husband a little for drinking a beer while I was there. Total sales call was about 45 minutes.

    I have been questioning if the sales call was too long and talking about our personal situations was out of line.

    I originally quoted them $400 for M-F and I do all the work, or 4h on a Sat and I do the important stuff and they do the grunt work for around $80-100. They had indicated a willingness to help do the job.

    I also questioned whether I should have given them two such drastically different pricing tiers.

    Thoughts? Thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/AffableHandyman
    [link] [comments]

    What has been your favorite department to sell to?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    Additionally, what has been your least favorite? What made it so great or awful?

    submitted by /u/HotGarbageSummer
    [link] [comments]

    Sales Resume Examples?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    Can I can examples of a solid resume? Or example sentences/bullet.

    "Organize love team events of 1000+ people for optimal stage, seating and table set ups to drive sales to over $100k per event"

    I am looking to move from defense project mgmt to a enterprise AE role.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ngostyle
    [link] [comments]

    Commission payments after termination + unemployment: anyone know how this works?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I got laid off a while back, but am still receiving commission payments for the deals I closed while I was employed. I get a monthly check for the duration of the contracts I brought in (mostly 1 year contracts, but some 2 years). I get my cut of whatever my company collects each month from my clients until those contracts expire.

    So basically I am still getting quite a bit of money and will continue to collect for quite some time. Am I still eligible for unemployment even though I'm collecting money from my old employer?

    The way I see it I am not employed and the payment is for work already completed, so I should be eligible. Is this correct? Anyone have experience with this? Located in NYC.

    submitted by /u/teddkirk
    [link] [comments]

    10 plus years in sales. How the he'll do it?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    Aren't you burnt out/fried to the bone?

    Or do you just do it for the money?

    submitted by /u/FastForce1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment