• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 2, 2020

    Accounting It's understandable though

    Accounting It's understandable though


    It's understandable though

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 11:12 AM PDT

    My Controller talking to first year accountants....

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 03:57 PM PDT

    Every senior to first year/intern

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 04:47 AM PDT

    RIP Botham Jean

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 09:07 PM PDT

    Struggle Focusing w/ Current Events Happening?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    Regardless of your opinion on everything crazy happening in the US, we can agree we are living in tumultuous times.

    Personally I am saddened by some of the events unfolding. I'll put my phone down for a few hours to unplug, but man shit sucks right now.

    Doing general account testing and bank recs feels so menial when there are much larger issues playing out right now. Isn't exactly a great escape for me.

    Can anybody else relate or feel differently? Can you find solace in your work right now to take your mind off the world that is seemingly on fire?

    submitted by /u/9to5gains
    [link] [comments]

    People want to work with/for other people they enjoy being around

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    Let me repeat that for you. People want to work with/for other people they enjoy being around.

    To all those in management positions, please invest in creating a relationship with your staff. I'll do much better workforce you when you interact with me like a human being, and take the time to coach me into an effective employee.

    Growing pains will happen with new employees. But realizing that mistakes are coaching opportunities, rather than reasons to roll your eyes and belittle, are what make managers into true leaders.

    I have a lot I want to get off my chest.. but I think this succinctly sums it up.

    submitted by /u/gentlesir123
    [link] [comments]

    This is not going to end well for someone in HR

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    A blast from the past

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    Deloitte Updates

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 06:44 PM PDT

    Anybody have more information as to whats happening at Deloitte right now? Heard that HR invites started to roll out this afternoon but didn't see anything posted here

    submitted by /u/rod_kimball69
    [link] [comments]

    I see a lot of questions like this on this sub. If you're quitting DONT GIVE MORE THAN 2 WEEKS NOTICE. The company doesnt care about you and they would lay you off in a heartbeat.

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 12:34 PM PDT

    How to tell my manager I'm in way over my head

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    I'm crashing and burning. I reach out with questions on a regular basis but am still lost. I put in 10 hours yesterday on my bank recs AND WAS UNABLE TO RECONCILE EVEN ONE. A FUCKIN BANK REC. My blood is boiling. I feel like if I was at an office and the economy was better this is when I would walk out.

    submitted by /u/Carole_Fuckn_Baskins
    [link] [comments]

    The quarantine showed me it's not my job I hate but having to go to work

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 10:05 PM PDT

    After two and a half month of working from home the firm ordered us to go back to the office because "we can't hide from the virus all year" as they say like there were any kind of benefit being physically there.

    The bad experience starts in the morning. You just can't go to sleep early enough to not feel tired in the morning while I woke up without an alarm every morning wfh. Also I did not have sleepless nights which I started to have 2 days ago.

    Travelling to work is also kind of unpleasent but the worst is waiting for you in the office, the co-workers and supervisors.

    The supervisors had limited use in the wfh period. One zoom meeting a week was more than enough to talk about ongoing issues and usually nobody had anything to talk about. Surprisingly I was able to do my tasks on time even without them constantly putting pressure on me.

    There were some rough times even at home but it was easier to deal with than handle the instant drama in person. I could always just lay down a few minutes and relax but I never said that I want all this to stop or quit. I worked hard on my tasks knowing that I would have plenty of freetime at the end of my shift.

    Now I'm sitting on the bus going to the office with a feeling of dread and wanting to go home

    submitted by /u/OpinionProhibited
    [link] [comments]

    Any accountants working for a bank as an internal auditor?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 07:15 PM PDT

    I am curious to hear of any accountant working as internal auditor for a bank. I understand it may seem boring and everything, but for me it just sounds like a dream job lol! Anyone could tell a little bit about the day to day of an internal auditor. Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/lagcastello
    [link] [comments]

    Tax Learning Help

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 04:41 PM PDT

    I'm getting my masters in accounting instead of doing CPA pep program.

    I feel like my professor cannot teach at all. Our PowerPoints are word for word from the ITA, and he doesn't really explain it into plain English. He doesn't give us simple examples as we go through the stuff, then gives us a large case at the end of class which he doesn't go through with us.

    We just got our midterms back and I received a 47.7% which is one of my worst marks ever. I honestly don't know anything to do with tax.

    I'm terrified for the final, and we have talked to the professor and he isn't willing to change the way he teaches. I'm scared for when the CFE comes and when my capstone courses come.

    Does anyone have any good tax websites or anything that can help me relearn all of this?

    submitted by /u/Random486
    [link] [comments]

    Testing centers still closed?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    Are testing centers for the CPA or EA exam still closed?

    submitted by /u/debbiethecopilot
    [link] [comments]

    What is an Excel feature that you figured out embarrassingly late?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    It took me a few years (yes, years) of regular excel use to figure out that you can sort values in a PivotTable. As an intern, I always used to value paste the table if I needed to sort it (ouch).

    submitted by /u/IlluminAwesome
    [link] [comments]

    How long is it taking to get a new NTS?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    Has Covid delayed how long is it taking to get your NTS? I'm thinking of of being aggressive with my timeline and want to know if I would have to wait a long time to get another NTS if I fail

    submitted by /u/Capslock91
    [link] [comments]

    Quitting when you have a good relationship with your bosses/team.

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 08:33 AM PDT

    How to soften the blow? Found a better opportunity and was also looking to escape the PA Shit show anyways. Firm is hurting and short staffed (as is usual in public it seems). I've never really felt like this at other jobs but I feel bad about leaving although I know that like other people have pointed out, if the firm needed to fire you or lay you off they wouldn't wait. Anyways tips to make it less awkward? I know usually companies just forget about you anyways but this office isn't big so I don't think it'll be quite as fast.

    submitted by /u/throwaway123400123
    [link] [comments]

    Ex Big 4 Auditor with Accounting BS and MAcc ... How do i start a new career without going back to school

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    Hello, I am moving to Seattle next month and would love your insight...

    I have 4 years of Big 4 experience and have both an Accounting BS and MAcc (No CPA). I have been in my current Senior Financial Reporting Analyst (Insurance industry) for about a year. FYI, i do not like the insurance industry either. When I was about to leave public accounting, I knew I wanted to get out of Accounting because I hated it and I'm honestly not good at it either. I wanted to quit ASAP so I got a job where I could still leverage my experience.

    I'm not passionate about any other field so I feel like it doesn't make sense for me to go back to school at this point. If anything, I don't mind staying in something business related, but just NO more accounting!!! However, I definitely want to earn more money and would love to go up the corporate ladder. Since I'm moving to Seattle, I see TONS of IT related jobs. I'm not sure if i actually have an interest in IT but i'm open to it because i do care about salary. Unfortunately, i do not feel confident because i know myself and I am not smart enough like those top 5% unicorns who have successfully changed careers or completed a bootcamp even without going back to school. I mean, I wish I could but I couldn't even pass the CPA or CISA so i'm hesitant about forking over money to do one.

    Sorry, very long post but I would love some insight for 2 issues:

    1. How do I figure out what to do next since I want to get out of accounting but i have no other interest... How do I get a job in a new career i did not major in?
    2. Is it worth my time to consider the IT field since I do want to earn more money but i have no idea where to start. it's such a general field and there are SO many positions, how do i figure out which one is the best for me?

    Thank you all.

    submitted by /u/sukimi55
    [link] [comments]

    Is accounting a good idea if I have no idea what I want to do?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    I got admitted to a top school to get my masters in accounting, however I'm unsure of what I want to do with my career. Is it a good idea to get into accounting and figure things out while I'm in the program?

    submitted by /u/Losangelesng24
    [link] [comments]

    First year?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 12:45 PM PDT

    Hi guys,for first year tax associate, even passed CPA exams, feel the tax software is so new to me and hard to memorize all the places to enter things and etc. is there some tips can master this faster? I feel I definitely understand the concept, so it's not I want to learn more lecture or anything , but more practical way I think...

    submitted by /u/recoveryjourney5
    [link] [comments]

    How does the US Treasury do it’s books? What do their entries look like?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    I always hear people say they "print" money and just add it into circulation... how exactly would this look in an accounting entry?

    submitted by /u/Typical_Athlete
    [link] [comments]

    Change lawyer to partner

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    Options for 1 of year experience in Deal Advisory?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    Given the state of the current lay offs at Deloitte I just want to prepare incase I get laid off as I'm not really sure where to go from here. I'll be in Deal Advisory a year in August. What would be my possible options in case lay offs hit given I only have a year experience?

    submitted by /u/rakingtheyards
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment