• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 30, 2020

    Accounting I look at this and see two local CPAs fed up with tax season.

    Accounting I look at this and see two local CPAs fed up with tax season.


    I look at this and see two local CPAs fed up with tax season.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 06:02 AM PDT

    Another silly LinkedIn post

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    This is how I celebrated my last day In big four.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    Not all it's cracked up to be

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    If Heath had joined the military instead of acting, he could have become General Ledger

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    I quit public accounting

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    May the accounting gods favour my passage to the next world

    submitted by /u/ZTF_Artorias
    [link] [comments]

    PwC Raises Performance Metrics / Standards for New Fiscal Year

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    Y'all outside of PwC may not know this but PwC bumped up their performance metrics a bit for FY21.

    90% time compliance (RIP me who submits time right before 2 PM the following day), 5% increase for utilization, etc.

    Also got the sauce from a friend in management that a few people are being coached out.

    If you think PwC was genuine about not laying people off due to COVID-19, you're gravely mistaken. They're setting people up for not meeting performance expectations and laying them off through that avenue. Need that LinkedIn browny points.

    Good luck boys and girls.

    submitted by /u/Mmoyeom
    [link] [comments]

    Me trying to do work like normal when the clients are even harder to contact, the budget was cut for Covid by request of the client, but the scope hasn’t changed...

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    There’s so many talented accountants and teachers out there. So what kind of cronyism is going on at Becker that Tim Gearty gets every single tax lecture in Reg?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    He seriously does nothing but read the chapter, and a lot of the time he doesn't even read important points. Tim, if you can see this, here are some tips:

    • Half of your notations are already contained in the text of the paragraph.
    • you saying "loot" after every recurrence of the word "boot" does nothing to help us understand property or entity/owner transactions. Boot is not a difficult concept to remember, but all the basis rules are. Maybe try and flesh out some actual ideas instead of just saying loot all the time.
    • we get you're trying to cash in on Olinto's likeability, but we like him because he actually takes two seconds out of his day to frame concepts that are challenging to students instead of skipping past them.
    • you don't have to raise your voice every time you say "sugarbear." After the 1000th time nobody is amused. So also stop acting like you just delivered the greatest joke of all time (I can imagine you side-elbowing me in the ribs and grinning).
    submitted by /u/livewithoutchains
    [link] [comments]

    Scored A full-time offer after waiting 3 months of uncertainty! (Public firm, in top 50)

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 04:09 PM PDT

    I was originally supposed to receive an offer after the week of April 15 when my internship originally end(assuming I got it). But it was end 3 weeks early and was told I would have to wait anywhere from July to August before I would hear anything about it and they could not guarantee there would be any open positions. But they called today and gave me the offer! Hopefully it means it's looking good for everybody else who's waiting!!

    submitted by /u/sqrkl1
    [link] [comments]

    Ahem* Managers

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    Every B4 intern ever

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 02:07 AM PDT

    Seniors and managers on Wirecard whenever the EY intern would question prior years approach on not requesting bank statements.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    Senior Accountant in my firm always looked like this

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    Can someone give me a tax accountant's (not laymans) explanation for megacorp like Amazon with $0 tax liability?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    I'm curious to learn but almost all websites just give bullshit vauge explanations for everyday non-accountants to hype up emotions.

    Please no politics to this. Just genuinely curious on their tax situation. Doesn't have to be for Amazon per se, but it looks like that's the one people seem to throw around. Is it basically layers and layers of maneuvering entity structures along with offshoring assets? I'm sure the actual answer could be an essay but just looking for a decent core understanding.

    submitted by /u/Some_Tear
    [link] [comments]

    What one year of public accounting can do to a fresh grad - circa 2018.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    Explaining to the client why their entry was wrong, as an intern.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 12:47 AM PDT

    EY announces first-ever virtual corporate MBA free to all EY people

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    For the Aussies - Happy New Financial Year!

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    I give it until 10am for the ATO portal & myGov servers to die a horrible spluttering death.

    submitted by /u/LifeIsBizarre
    [link] [comments]

    Let go from PwC

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 07:45 AM PDT

    I'm looking for advice. I was let go from PwC yesterday after two busy seasons with the firm. I was sitting available and didn't have a great busy season, so I wasn't surprised. My first year with the firm was fine and I was a tier 3 my first CRT, however my brother died of suicide back in August 2019 and grieving plus the stress of public accounting was difficult to manage. I came to work on time, had a good attitude, was an avid user of all the digital tools, and had a great relationship with the client. However I struggled to manage my stress which resulted in tasks taking me longer than they should have and others having to help me finish them. I was subsequently put on a PIP.

    My RL and I agreed that I might do better on another client so after Q1 I sat available waiting to be placed. I would have time on my new client to get off the PIP. But, due to COVID, teams weren't taking on new associates and a lot was up in the air. I sat available from the beginning of May until yesterday.

    How do I explain this to future employers during interview when they ask why I left? PwC publicly announced that they weren't doing layoffs. HR said that I was let go due to poor performance and because I was sitting available, and due to COVID they couldn't justify keeping me. I don't want to mention my poor performance or brother passing (I don't think it's professional) in interviews. Saying that I was let go because I was unassigned sounds like it's missing key details.

    Thank you for any advice.

    submitted by /u/PresentFarmer9
    [link] [comments]

    I’m an upcoming high school senior

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    I am 17 and am all over the place with what future career path to do. I've been interested and set on becoming a dental hygienist but I worry I will burn out fast and I think about the issues it will have on my body. I always hear people around me talk about being a business major to play it safe and that being a business major won't be that hard. My thing is what EXACTLY do accountants do? What was being an accounting major like in college? Were u able to have a part time job? Was it hard for you? Was it hard to find a job after graduating? Will jobs accept people with bachelor or master degrees more? And do you love what you do? My school is pretty small and we don't have any business classes like whatsoever and I'm creeping up on the idea of just going to college for business but I don't know what I'm really getting myself into.

    submitted by /u/radulobar
    [link] [comments]

    What do you wish you’d known before transitioning from B4 intern to B4 associate? (Audit)

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I start in 6 months and it'll be my first job out of college. I interned at B4 last winter and received good performance reviews, but I'm quite worried that I'll begin full-time and start fucking up without the "intern" cushion.

    For interns-turned-associates, is there anything you wish you would have known that would have made the intern-associate transition go more smoothly, or your first year of full-time B4 auditing less disastrous?

    Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/pinecone-soup
    [link] [comments]

    Should I leave Big4?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I need some serious advice here, feeling burned out, thinking about leaving.

    1 year ago I joined Big4 company as an intern, then I got employed following good reviews. I work in a small team and am the 2nd youngest when it comes to the experience. I had a very positive experience with the company at that time since I was praised for my work and I felt motivated and confident. Feeling good I was putting more and more effort to the job also working on more complicated projects. However, lately I have observed that no matter how much effort I put in I receive bad reviews and complaints. I had a feedback meeting a month ago when I was equipped with a plan on how to better my performance. Throughout the month I was putting extra effort, staying long hours to ensure everything is correct. However, my boss seems to be more and more irritated with me, highlighting every misunderstanding as a failure and suggesting I'm not good at my job. It seems to me they suddenly decided to fire me, not sure why since I had good reviews and I don't believe anything changed. I feel so burned out from constantly putting effort in and meeting with harsh comments. I started considering quitting by myself. I am afraid that since I don't see my mistakes maybe there's something wrong with me or maybe I'm not suited for that career. Honestly, this year was very tough and hearing that I didn't learn ANYTHING in that time (as my boss says) is extremely depressing. Should I quit, should I try to manage or maybe I should try to find a job in supermarket instead since it seems I'm just plain dumb? Advice appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Sekai_S
    [link] [comments]

    Which is easier to get into: Tax or Audit?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    So, I am going to be applying for positions in the fall. I am not that great at interviewing and really do not have any preference in Tax or Audit. Depending on which service is easier to get into, I want to start making connections with professional in that service line before the recruiting season. Any advice? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Ingenuity-Late
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment