• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 10, 2020

    Accounting Actual photo of PBC received today

    Accounting Actual photo of PBC received today


    Actual photo of PBC received today

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    Every. Engagement. Ever.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    What analysis model is used for this valuation?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    Is it just me?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    For those studying FAR

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    To all of you out there looking for their Staff Accountant position... [CAN]

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    You can still get a job even if you feel you fucked everything up.

    I missed all the networking events as the job I used to pay for my schooling was seasonal and I was forced to be in rural areas during recruiting events. I had 0 accounting/office related experience. I had an overall GPA of 2.72. I still managed to find a job by focusing on my soft skills, my motivation to work as a CPA, and the skills I worked hard to develop since graduation.

    After I graduated in 2018, I had absolutely 0 interest for any CPA related roles. I spent a bit over a year as a clerk at a legal firm and focused on improving my technical skills, and began applying to every Staff/Junior accountant position I could in March. After a few months of searching, I have finally been hired.

    If I got hired, you can do it too. Just keep trying.

    Posts like this helped me when I was discouraged so I hope I can return the favour to some of you.

    submitted by /u/Bogaragaraga
    [link] [comments]

    Parody Linkedin Accounts?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    Hey so I am sitting on my ass sucking on the government teet right now bored as hell and I just cant stand the sanctimonious attitude of the average linkedin poster. On one end the fair amount of talking yourself up makes sense, its a job board after all.. but all the trappings of social media (hiring the guy who showed up late to the interview, I am inspired by my employee with one leg yet they can still audit, I am a good person because I turned a fireable moment into a learning opportunity, etc)... its driving me NUTS while I am searching for a job.

    So I want to create a parody account to see how much nonsense I can get people to sign off on. I want to start him off tame (pretty much middle of the road, white wonderbread finance middle manager), and slowly have him descent into madness as more and more people co-op his nonsense. I'm gonna follow all the stupid shit (OF COURSE ima follow grand carone and my girl Brigette Hyacinth!!)

    The problem is need a solid social network, so while I am building it up if anyone can help a brother out and hit that connect button hit me up!:

    https://www.linkedin.com/in/bob-clemont-4282341b0/

    You guys are so inspiring, true heros. Work hard play hard -Bob Clemont CPA (incoming)

    submitted by /u/chen10
    [link] [comments]

    [MOD REQUEST] Can we get a weekly rant thread? A place for people to complain about their shitty managers, non-responsive clients, or insanely unrealistic workloads?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    Could be good for some people to let off steam and feel that their struggles are heard ;)

    submitted by /u/gentlesir123
    [link] [comments]

    “KPMGers” are chill

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    The Becker Promise

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 11:28 AM PDT

    "I wanted to dress my nephew as a zombie"

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 01:44 AM PDT

    Industry job too cushy?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    I did a couple of years in Public and have been at a private company for a little while now.

    Work-Life balance is through the roof and there is a lot less stress than in public. However, I am finding that there is a ton of down-time. It sounds great, but it actually gives me anxiety how much downtime I have after completing all of my assigned tasks. I feel like if I were to leave this job, I won't have learned enough.

    Is this me being paranoid, or are there other private industry jobs that are just as cushy?

    submitted by /u/throwaway23834829
    [link] [comments]

    Should I just give up on my Accounting Degree?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    Longtime lurker of this subreddit. It's my first time posting here. I apologize if this post is stupid and just full of rambling.

    I graduated from college for a few years already, and I feel like such a failure when it comes to becoming an accountant. I didn't find an internship when in school. I didn't get into the Big 4 or any public accounting firm at all. I didn't immediately go get my masters and try to obtain CPA ASAP afterwards.

    I just wasted my time working at small jobs that have no relevant experience to accounting for the couple years after I graduated because I was a scared dumbass. The only accounting experience I manage to get was being an accounts payable for a year. Now I'm just stuck working at a restaurant as a server while there's a pandemic going on right now.

    Now, I don't know if I should commit to going back to school for an accounting master and trying my luck again at getting a CPA and Big 4. Is it too late for me to find any success as an accountant? Am I just wasting my time? I got no experience and I'm no longer a fresh graduate. I just feel helpless at the moment. Should I just give up, and admit I wasted 4 years of college?

    I'm sorry for if this post is too negative.

    submitted by /u/Laviet
    [link] [comments]

    Another Day More Depression

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 08:45 PM PDT

    Just need to vent... long ass days more thoughts of just straight suicide. I get it, COVID is forcing working from home but I'm on 5 clients and there's staff with less. It's really just eating away at me like fuck - every fucking email, every fucking phone call, every fucking Skype message. I haven't been happy for a long time and I don't see happiness in the horizon... this bull shit just gnaws away at you day in and day out... as I'm writing this I shit you not another email just popped up on my damn phone

    submitted by /u/SwoleTendies
    [link] [comments]

    As a gov tax auditor and you see “nothing is certain except death and taxes”

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    I was stuck on a call, anyone got any good PwC webcast updates?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    I basically heard at the end;

    Take your PTO, cpa exam bonus extensions are happening, inclusiveness is apart of your eval now, and get your digital certifications. Anything else?

    I want to know if we're going back to the office haha

    submitted by /u/passingthevibecheck
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else regret going into accounting?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    I'm a tax manager at a large firm and hate my job and working in public. There's extremely limited job opportunities in my city and moving would require uprooting my family. My spouse has a lucrative job so moving would financially set us back a bit too. I feel completely trapped and depressed. Anyone else experience this and pull through?

    submitted by /u/AdRevolutionary2575
    [link] [comments]

    How to describe search for unrecorded liabilities?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 04:49 PM PDT

    How can I describe search for unrecorded liabilities to someone with accounting knowledge? I have to give a presentation on the search to some coworkers in a different department but not sure how to present it. The presentation should be at least a couple minutes long.

    submitted by /u/tomfromcalgary
    [link] [comments]

    B4 New Hire here ���� can someone (preferably senior level or above) DM me? I need of advice on how to handle expectations with my senior/manager

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    A little overwhelmed, and fairly new to the job. I'm just looking for some advice

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_UR_WORKPAPERS
    [link] [comments]

    Writing Tax Memos

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    Anyone have tips on how to improve? Any words I should/shouldn't use? How to structure the analysis portion and conclusion?

    I thought my writing skills were at least average. In school I always made As on all my papers. Since I started at B4, I got introduced to tax memos. I never had to write one till then. I dread them and completely suck at them. Seniors always changes everything and leave comments that add little value on how I can improve or why things should/shouldn't be a certain way. When I try to ask for help from my seniors, I always get very broad answers or they just tell me to try my best. Additionally, there's no PY work I can look at (or have access to) and every memo is usually very specific.

    Feeling very discouraged and feel like I'll never get the hang of this. I haven't had any negative reviews thus far, but I feel like I will since it takes me a lot of time to do the law research and write the memo.

    Any tips or advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/DrinkinDaKolAid
    [link] [comments]

    HALP PLEASE! Is a C Corp simply a classification of a Profit Corp?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    Hi there - hoping someone can help here. Looking to setup a C corp in Wyoming and the options to do so are listed below - would the C corp simply be classified as a Profit corp? (depending on the manner in which the profit corp is utilized?)

    Any input on this is very much appreciated thanks!

    Business Entity TypeFee

    Limited Liability Company$100

    Profit Corporation$100

    Nonprofit Corporation$25

    Limited Partnership$100

    submitted by /u/PerceptionOk
    [link] [comments]

    How do you convert PPE into Inventory under IFRS?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 06:33 PM PDT

    I am really confused! How does one record the conversion of PPE to inventory? Is there an IFRS reference anyone can point me towards?

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/CoolAccoutant1234
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a formula regarding accrued vacation time

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    I'm helping a local non-profit adjust their time off policy. Wondering if there is a formula somewhere to calculate how much vacation time a non profit should allow to be accrued as a percentage of their cash flow? Their board doesn't want any employees to get up to a super high balance of vacation time since cash flow isn't always the best. I'm planning to recommend 120 hours max but just curious if there is a formula I can plug in since many non-profits with annual budget of under $300K must have run into this issue before. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/NHOVER9000
    [link] [comments]

    [CPA][CFE][CAN] - September 2020 CFE: New Location, Downtown Toronto

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    Anyone else get an e-mail saying they can change the location?

    From: Toronto-West (Mississauga)

    To: Toronto-Downtown

    So I guess this means that Sept-2020 CFE is still going to happen? I thought there would be a more confirmation e-mail first that 'Yes - exams are still going to happen - more updates to follow..etc etc.'...but I guess not

    Wish they had more flexible locations, depending on how Sept is going to look like, I'm nervous about the potential traffic. My company is forecasting to do WFH till atleast Sept/Oct, hope that the same for most of the downtown offices so less traffic

    What's everyone's game plan?

    (I am a re-write Day 2 & 3)

    submitted by /u/MaximusRubz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment