• Breaking News

    Friday, May 29, 2020

    Just hit the limit with sending emails on gmail. should i upgrade to g suite just to increase email limit? small business

    Just hit the limit with sending emails on gmail. should i upgrade to g suite just to increase email limit? small business


    Just hit the limit with sending emails on gmail. should i upgrade to g suite just to increase email limit?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 07:15 PM PDT

    My friend and I run a small online food business and we manually email our customers their order confirmation/payment received/questions/etc and just now we hit the limit and can't reply to our customers about it. We didnt realize our business was growing that much to achieve that limit. Any advice on what to do with this?

    submitted by /u/johnwhammos
    [link] [comments]

    If bots can post here at r/smallbusiness why can't I?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    This post will most likely also be blocked. I'm selling nothing and no matter what I try to post is blocked by a bot. Even followed the bots email suggestions of other subreddits. For a new guy here I'm ready to leave before I've said anything.

    submitted by /u/CaleighSystems
    [link] [comments]

    A lot of small businesses won't return?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    I keep hearing the news headlines and bankers telling me "1 in 4 small business won't return". I'm not seeing this around me though as businesses are starting to reopen in NY state. Are you guys seeing this effect in your areas ? With stock market skyrocketing again it's really hard to believe the economy outlook is this bad.

    submitted by /u/staroceanx
    [link] [comments]

    What nice things can I get/do for my team of 20+ employees while they all have to work from home during lock down?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    As lock down is dragging on where I am without much sign of people being able to work back at the office, we are getting more and more concerned about employee moral with it being much more difficult to gauge moral without any contact time. We have conducted a few "events" such as quizzes over MS Teams and offered to buy additional equipment such as desks, office chairs and better webcams but we are keen to do a bit extra if we can. We were thinking about Amazon vouchers, since everyone is using Amazon at the moment, but would like to do something a bit more thoughtful and memorable. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/sober_disposition
    [link] [comments]

    Take this loan?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    SBA Loan at 3.75%. Is this a good offer?

    My husband is a small business owner (1099, fitness trainer and no employees). He qualified for 18k at 3.75% interest for 30 years no payment needed for the first 12 months. I have a job and we are doing ok as of now but we are down to one salary and we are considering accepting this loan just in case something happened to my job as well. The monthly payments would be $89.

    Does this sound like a good idea to take it?

    submitted by /u/valentina1130
    [link] [comments]

    Sales Tax issue: my client is having their customers pay my untaxed invoices directly. Advice from other B2B vendors appreciated!

    Posted: 28 May 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    I'm a B2B custom manufacturer, so I do not charge sales tax on resale items for all clients who submit the appropriate resale exemption paperwork. I never deal with the end user (my client's clients), and all billing is emailed directly to our clients with an option for online payment.

    It's recently come to my attention that a handful of my tax-exempt clients don't invoice their clients separately and instead just forward them my bill to pay directly. I have no control who actually pays my bills, so I was surprised to discover that this was standard practice for some of my clients.

    Obviously this means they're not charging their customers sales tax like they're supposed to, which in my state will cause hellfire to be rained down upon you with unrelenting fury until the Commonwealth is paid their due, so I feel like I'm in an extremely difficult situation with these clients. Is my ass covered if I send my invoices only to the holder of the resale certificate on file, and if my client choses to allow their customers to pay that directly and not charge them sales tax? Can I get in trouble or are the only ones at risk here my client?

    I'm inclined to start adding sales tax to the customer who I now know does this occasionally, but I know she's going to fight me on it. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/Cheaperthantherapy13
    [link] [comments]

    Where did you start and how have you grown? What are you proud of?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    I just started my own small business and I would love to hear from people on where they started and how far they've come in the time they've been in business. I would love some motivation since I am becoming kinda disheartened with slow growth! Thank you in advanced!

    submitted by /u/emmy8941
    [link] [comments]

    Sole member LLC and SEP IRA's

    Posted: 28 May 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    Can a sole member LLC contribute to a SEP IRA and use the contributions as deductions?

    submitted by /u/GrahamWillis95
    [link] [comments]

    Opening a gaming cyber cafe/esport centre

    Posted: 29 May 2020 02:51 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    First of, I'm sorry if I make any grammatical errors. Don't mind if you want to correct me as English is not my native language.

    Anyways, I'm from Malaysia and been living in a developing city where there are a lot of education institutes which also where one of the best private university located at. I can say majority of the population here are dominated by 18-30 year old.

    For this reason, I'm thinking of opening a cyber cafe earliest in mid next year where I will place 10 PCs with the following specs:- GPU: RTX 2070 Super CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max RAM: PNY 16GB 3200MHz SSD: 240 GB HDD: 500 GB Monitor: Any 240Hz monitor Mouse: Razer Mamba/Steelseries Rival Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Headphone: Razer Kraken X

    The internet speed that I prefer is 800Mbps and it cost about RM349/month or in USD conversion, is approximately $79/month. As for rent, I am yet to conduct a survey as I am currently away from home due to my 9-5 work but from my knowledge, average rental is around RM1000/month or $228/month.

    I'm planning to charge (RM3/hour or about $0.68/hour) or (RM4/hour or about $0.91/hour)

    Does anyone know what else I should be considering? For now, I could only able to calculate the cost of PC parts and monthly utility expenses. However, for networking and other stuff, I do not know much.

    Appreciate the help!

    TL/DR: Planning to open up a gaming cyber cafe next year at my hometown in Malaysia. Know what to buy for PC parts but doesn't know much about others (i.e networking, server, time limit for user to use a PC and etc)

    submitted by /u/ShaFreak95
    [link] [comments]

    Single member LLC or S corporation status for taxes?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    I just transitioned my sole proprietorship into an LLC and I'm wondering if I should elect S Corp tax status to save on self-employment taxes.

    Pros/cons?

    submitted by /u/wildishme
    [link] [comments]

    Pay off Debt on Hold on to CASH? COVID ADVICE

    Posted: 28 May 2020 06:49 PM PDT

    Hello peeps,

    I've been struck with a bit of luck during this crazy ass time the world is going through. I've had a bit of business coming my way due to COVID and I am thinking of either paying off debts fully or stick to the terms, keep paying interest and hold on to cash as long as possible. I'm thinking things might be cheaper to invest on (property) later on or maybe I should hold on to cash for a possible economy collapse.

    If you have some sound advice for me, please, I more than welcome it!

    submitted by /u/PVPirates
    [link] [comments]

    A system to manage a small business

    Posted: 29 May 2020 02:03 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I hope my post is in the right place? Please advise if not.

    I currently work for a beauty care company that manufactures and sells body lotions, face washes, etc.

    Recently we started selling on Instagram as opposed to a website (due to legal issues we are not able to have an online store just yet).

    I want a system (preferably free or low cost) that will allow me to manage 3 aspects of the Instagram business:

    1. Everything related to the customer, ie: name, number, address, social media, comments, what they've ordered previously, etc
    2. Sales, what we are selling, who we are delivering with (we work with a couple of different couriers for different areas), how much we are making, most popular product, etc
    3. An inventory system that can handle around 20 different products.

    I hope I have made myself clear? Please any advise or suggestions are highly appreciated.

    Have a great day/night ahead!

    submitted by /u/DL32
    [link] [comments]

    I need to find a free way to advertise my business.

    Posted: 29 May 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    My advertising budget is nonexistent due to the fact that I have only started my business and have not made any sales. Can somebody suggest me a free method of advertising my business effectively? This would really help kickstart my business and I would be thankful to anybody who replies to this post.

    submitted by /u/random_horse69
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for growing a comic strip business?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 12:43 AM PDT

    Hello all, my dad has had his own comic strip going for approximately the last year and a half. He started it on Instagram which he mainly uses still today, but recently started up his own Wordpress website as well. He has around 250 followers, which is decent, but obviously wants to grow those numbers and expand his outreach to get new fans, eventually with the goal of even selling some merchandise (framed prints, accessories with his original characters, etc.). He's in his mid-50's and has never dabbled with any of his own "business" projects before, so both of us are in the dark. I try to help him with posting to different forms of social media and such, but that only goes so far.

    Does anyone have any suggestions and tips for what he can do to grow his outreach and audience and start gaining more followers/get more people to see his work? I'm open to all sorts of ideas, ranging from local newspaper avenues to more social media involvement to whatever else I clearly haven't thought of. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Kuhncumber
    [link] [comments]

    The Video Valley - Productora Audiovisual Motion graphics

    Posted: 29 May 2020 12:18 AM PDT

    Agencia motion graphics en Madrid. Productora audiovisual de videos animados, videoscribing y videos corporativos para empresas.

    submitted by /u/thevideovalley
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a CRM

    Posted: 28 May 2020 11:37 PM PDT

    Hello!

    Guys, I wanted to ask what CRM softwares your companies use. Maybe you could recommend one of them?

    I'm looking for a CRM that would have integrations with major networks online (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp) and I'm failing to find a CRM which would have integrations with all of these. I've already checked Pipedrive, Bitrix24, Salesmate, HubSpot. Unfortunately all of these lack something.

    Basically we just want to be sure any message we might be getting somewhere over the internet will funnel to our CRM.

    Maybe you have some other suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Buhalterija
    [link] [comments]

    We built a tool to accommodate /r/smallbusiness with curbside services; like small restaurants with curbside pickup, or medical practices with curbside waiting rooms. We built it to help. It's completely free.

    Posted: 28 May 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    I hope it can help you guys here with the challenges you are facing. Let me know if you have any questions or feedback. The website address is https://curbq.io/home

     

    This is not a marketing attempt, there is no charge for the product whatsoever. Right now it is restricted to the US and Canada, but if it gets traction we plan to add international support.

    submitted by /u/Grintor
    [link] [comments]

    Making the transition from freelance to LLC

    Posted: 28 May 2020 10:01 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I've been freelancing on the side (1099) for the last 2 years. I do web design and work on a SaaS application. I just created an LLC and now I'm wondering how do I go about invoicing/updating my clients from freelance to LLC? I only have 2 and I just send an invoice in an excel file. I actually bill one client weekly.

    Do I need to wait until a quarter starts to start working on behalf of my LLC? Any advice when transitioning from a 1099-contractor to an LLC is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jmin91
    [link] [comments]

    The old went into buisnesss with a spouse...any tips on how which is better..dissolve LLC?..

    Posted: 28 May 2020 10:00 PM PDT

    So pretty sure my partner soon to be expartner will want to buy/dissolve our remodeling company, I have another buisness for 15 years so im not too invested in this LLC...partner did all the work...i can varely hammmer a nail..buy his credit was in the tank when first started..so service trucks, LLC, credit cards are in my name.

    Im not sure how transfering selling LLCs work...i have a 25k sba loan...in the company name..with me as liable....about 80k in services trucks now..but those are in my personal name...

    Can i even sell/transfer my company without SBA having approval? If so would he have to qualify for the remainder of the loan. ... since I am a passthru LLC....i do claim the service trucks on taxes.

    Or is it as easy as filing some paperwork with the state that the buyer takes on all responsibilities?

    submitted by /u/Alabamlass123
    [link] [comments]

    Computer Retail Business

    Posted: 28 May 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    I've owned my shop for 4 years. Taxes suck is what I'm learning. I am my only employee. Self proprietor.How can I get...--and need i remind you these are the KEY WORDS--NEW (new in condition and new in release) computer components to resell at hopefully retail price to make money.

    I'm talking about wholesalers. How can I get NEW computer components (cpu, motherboard, ram, gpu, cases, power supplies, gpus, keyboards, mice, headsets) cheap enough and (ill say it again) NEW so that I can sell them for a reasonable price.

    After this tax season I've made a spreadsheet to show how much im losing to taxes and social security.

    15% to income tax

    17% to social

    6.5% sales tax

    So lets tax the intel 9900k on amazon. On sale for $529.99 for both amazon prime and my amazon business account (no new computer components gets discounts, prime and business are exactly the same) (and yes ive looked at other sites too, none offer new components, they sell old 2nd and 3rd generation cpus that are used as hell).

    Anyway back to the breakdown. I buy the $529.99 on amazon. After taxes its 564.44. If I sell it for 1000 (1065 after tax) then my profit in my pocket is 90.53.

    So for the last year ive just had the customer order the parts themselves and I build it for them, install the software, configure windows however they want for between 85 and 150 since all parties involved save money.

    This year I will no longer be keeping items in stock at my store for this reason. It sickens me that i have to artificially inflate the prices just to make make money.

    submitted by /u/Voidyboo
    [link] [comments]

    Selling gourmet butter

    Posted: 28 May 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    Okay. I make homemade butter and honey butter. I'm looking to branch out into other gourmet butters and I'd like to sell them. Because it's dairy, it doesn't fall under my state's cottage food laws so I'd actually have to go through a licensing process. Does anyone know anything about starting a (I guess) packaged food business? I have a few options for a commercial kitchen so that's covered. It's mainly the legality of it that I need to know about.

    submitted by /u/watercolorwildflower
    [link] [comments]

    Mask & Camera

    Posted: 28 May 2020 09:36 PM PDT

    Hello, im planning to have "no mask no entry" in my shop when we reopen. I also have a camera set up in my store.

    Would you guys be making ppl where their mask after they come in the store so their face is caught on camera?

    Im only asking that bcuz it could end very badly if people wear mask in your store and they steal something or rob you....

    Just wondering what you guys are doing to avoid that...

    With my store I can do appt only but I was just wondering what you guys are thinking about this situation in the retail store, corner store, etc...

    submitted by /u/mizzl508
    [link] [comments]

    What were your biggest marketing challenges when building your small business?

    Posted: 28 May 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    Full transparency: I'm a remote freelance digital marketer, and I am asking this question in order to see what aspects of marketing small business owners struggle with.

    The question I wanted to ask is: What is the biggest challenge you are currently facing or have faced when it came to marketing your small business, looking for long-term clients, or generating leads? Was it setting up Ad platforms like Google and Facebook? Was it finding the best target audience for your specific business? Was it getting a grasp of how to do online marketing with no prior experience? Was it finding someone that could handle your marketing for you?

    I understand that business has a multitude of moving parts, and marketing is only one of many. But without it, your business will not survive, or at the very least, grow expansively.

    I would love to hear any and all responses!

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Logicalistique
    [link] [comments]

    Moving out of state

    Posted: 28 May 2020 05:37 PM PDT

    I have a online business registered in NY where I lived. But I'm moving out of state and am considering my options.

    Anyone have experience or suggestions on how to best handle this? I would prefer to maintain my EIN for the credit ratings if possible.

    I was considering maybe a Wyoming Corp? But don't really know how to go about this correctly.

    submitted by /u/blueplatespaysul
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment