• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 26, 2020

    Affording insurance Insurance

    Affording insurance Insurance


    Affording insurance

    Posted: 26 May 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    Is there anything I can do to lower my insurance rates? I'm sitting at $160 per month for liabilty. I am 22 years old I drive a 2009 Chev Malibu I took drivers ed but I was in a minor accident shortly after finishing the course (3 years ago). I would like to get a newer car but I'd need full coverage and I'd be looking at upwards of $400 a month just for insurane.

    Edit: I'm in Canada New Brunswick

    submitted by /u/CCollie
    [link] [comments]

    Studying the BOP is officially destroying my soul.

    Posted: 25 May 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    I'm studying to become an insurance adjuster with AdjusterPros online course, and I feel like the BOP is a roadblock (one of few for me). If questions about the BOP appear on the exam, God help me, because I simply dont get how anyone can possibly remember all the details of it. AdjusterPro offers small quizzes in the middle of their courses, and normally I 100% or 80% these first try, but hoo boy, the BOP has 5 quizzes and I'm on quiz 3, and I've had to retake all 3 of these quizzes 3 or more times.

    Its the little things like: remembering the required stories in an office building that might make it ineligible for the BOP, or the required annual sales that a wholesaler must meet, or the "characteristic of a convenience store or gas station" that might make something ineligible that I fear may show up on the eventual exam. Does anyone have an effective way of remembering these key details? Did stuff like this show up on the exam when you took it? How much should I be stressing this? I'm in NY since Locationbot says that matters

    submitted by /u/PTJoker94
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance adjuster decision all that matters?

    Posted: 26 May 2020 05:47 AM PDT

    Do the opinions of roofing companies not matter when it comes to insurance adjusters?

    Quick summary:
    - Ohio location and Allstate insurance
    - Last Tuesday water starting dripping from the 1st floor ceiling (2 story house), lot of rain at the beginning of the week.
    - Had a roofing/siding company come out to look and they said there was massive hail damage (we had a hail storm back on April 7th). He said it was one of the easiest cases he'd seen to get a full roof replacement. He advised it needed tarping because it was still going to continue raining.
    - Called my insurance company and filed a claim, another company came out that night (through Allstate) to see if any immediate repairs were needed. They acknowledged hail damage, but they didn't tarp anything. He said he found a couple rusted nails that were popping out, so he just sealed those somehow.
    - Adjuster came out yesterday. He said it just appear to be an issue with the flashing and the roof didn't need fixed.

    I called up another reputable roofing company to have them come take a look and they said if the insurance company already said there's no roof replacement needed, there's nothing any roofing company can do to change their mind. He said my only option was to get a second opinion from another adjuster.

    I know it is possible that first roofing company was just exaggerating to try to get some business.

    Was there a way I could have handled it better? Should I have had the roofing guys be there at the same time as the adjuster?

    submitted by /u/frankbeans81
    [link] [comments]

    Would I be able to rent a car with a recently voided policy?

    Posted: 26 May 2020 04:59 AM PDT

    I am in the UK. Ive had 2 policies voided on my personal car insurance before, the latest was about 3 months ago if not a little bit longer. I need to rent a car in August and I'm wondering if they will rent a car to me? I have no points penalties or disqualifications. Only concern is the voided policy. Thanks

    submitted by /u/fatboy1312
    [link] [comments]

    Best Investment = Dashcam

    Posted: 25 May 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    I tried to crosspost this but it wouldn't let me. But this is one of the biggest reasons I always recommend dashcams.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/gq8d0t/hit_and_run/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

    submitted by /u/opflantern
    [link] [comments]

    What is preventing a currency exchange office owner from staging a fake theft and getting the insurance money?

    Posted: 26 May 2020 04:03 AM PDT

    Ok, here is the context

    In Europe, because apart from the Euro there are a lot of other currencies (especially in Eastern and Northern EU), there are lots and lots of small currency excahnge offices in most cities. This offices hold a lot of cash because this is what they do, convert cash on a daily basis. This is why it comes as no surprise that these get robbed pretty often, as they have no security guard, only an alarm system and a safe for the money. Usually, the amount stolen is somewhere between 20k-60k €, but once in a while you see in the news that thieves got away with upwards of 150k. Btw, I am based in Easter Europe.

    Now, it just dawned on me. What is preventing the owner from staging a theft and get the insurance money (almost all of them insure the business because of the high risk)? I mean, this is the perfect situation, the owner knows everything about his alarm system and how to dodge it, there are no security guards and there is lots of cash, perfect premise for a theft. How can the insurance company make out if the theft is legit or not? What are the red flags that point to a setup?

    submitted by /u/Herr_Soldat
    [link] [comments]

    Auto insurance lapsed after totaled car. What's the best way to go forward?

    Posted: 26 May 2020 01:08 AM PDT

    I totaled my only car less than a year ago and State Farm froze the policy until I could buy a replacement. Long story short, I began taking public transportation and now have an 8-month lapse in auto coverage. I wasn't aware that I still needed it if I never drive. I also wasn't informed about the option of buying non-owner insurance between cars...just ignorance, but that's no defense.

    Soon I'll be moving to a place where a car is necessary, though this is 3-4 months away. I know it's lapsed badly and I'll have to pay for my mistakes, but I am trying to mitigate damage.

    1. Should I buy non-owner insurance ASAP? I'm reading that some insurance companies will flat out reject you after a lengthy enough lapse and I'm hoping to prevent this.
    2. Would it be wiser in the long run to get added as a driver under my mom's policy in a different state?

    Any thoughts are welcome.

    submitted by /u/Round-Garage
    [link] [comments]

    Renter's insurance question

    Posted: 25 May 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    Hi guys. I work in auto so I'm not very knowledgeable about property insurance. My sister is a recovering addict that's just getting out of the hospital after recovering from serious consequences of her own actions. My mom rented an apartment and is planning on letting my sister stay there. I don't think my sister will be on the lease and I'm tired of arguing with my mom about why that's not a great idea.

    What can I do to protect my mom here? Will renter's insurance generally cover damage done by my sister if the worst happens? I know these kinds of questions can be hard since everyone has their own guidelines but I'm just looking for some general ideas on where to start and what to look out for. My sister will be staying there for a few months at least because she's high risk for covid.

    Any advice revolving around putting my sister on the lease or other living solutions won't really help because I've been around and around with my mom on this. She's already rented the apartment this is what she's going. I'm just trying to keep her as covered as possible in the situation she's created.

    We're in the US/Arizona.

    submitted by /u/Thibbledorf_Pwent
    [link] [comments]

    [GA] I just got rear ended, a police report was filed, and the other driver is at fault. I'm confused, as to where to start, I made a claim with my own Insurance company (USAA)

    Posted: 25 May 2020 05:25 PM PDT

    I made a claim with my own Insurance, and the other driver admitted liability on the police report. I have their license plate number and phone number and the drivers mother's phone number.

    I did not decide on which insurance to use for my vehicles repairs. I honestly no in the long run its better to get a new car then repair it. I know UsAa will total my car and take care of the situation

    I'm out of work by choice, I have money, but I need a car if I plan on getting back to work. I don't have anywhere to be, at the moment, but after this accident I'm already feeling uncomfortable being without an income.

    My deductible is 250$, I trust USAA , and I'm not trying to hit the jackpot. My car is worth 5grand more than I owe, I just want to replace my car with something of equal value and forget this happened.

    I am confident in my ability to get a cosign, on a new loan. I'm not confident in my ability to get proper payment. Therefore I don't understand the value in a third party claim.

    My biggest concern is doing something that will screw myself over.

    submitted by /u/The_Lightskin_Wonder
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I get car insurance without a license?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 10:48 AM PDT

    I am in the process of learning how to drive and just bought my first car. I intended to practice on it before getting my license. Also, DMVs are closed so I can't take the test anyway. Geico turned me down for insurance as I only have a permit. What can I do about this? I am in Virginia.

    submitted by /u/quizzicaldinosaur
    [link] [comments]

    Car insurance after marriage?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    My fiancé and I pushed back our wedding due to the big C. However, we've considered going down to the courthouse on our original date and just getting the legal part done for health insurance. I'm on my grandfathers car insurance and wanted to take over this month and get my own policy. He paid for the next 6 months without letting us know, just dropped off the insurance card. He's the sweetest and I should've discussed getting my own policy sooner. If we get married, do we have to tell the insurance immediately? I'd prefer no one know we are married outside of our parents as my extended family would be heart broken. Would it be possible to get married in June and not tell the car insurance until we get a policy together around October/November?

    submitted by /u/carinsurancehelppls
    [link] [comments]

    Will it be a total loss?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    I have a 2009 Subaru WRX hatch stock 114xxx miles. Got some hail damage and the body shop quoted $7200 for repairs. Insurance original estimate was $5900. Colorado's total loss threshold is 100%. Do you think my car will be classified as total loss? I know i have to wait for the body shop to submit supplement request to find out, but i am just wondering what will happen.

    submitted by /u/Magna_Knight
    [link] [comments]

    Confused About Car Insurance

    Posted: 25 May 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm a bit confused with car insurance, in terms of what my next step should be.

    So I'm currently driving this beater of a car that's about to go at any time, so my partner and I decided to purchase a new car. Fast forward to the credit application and unfortunately I wasn't approved. Now because of this, my partner suggested getting the car and financing it under his name since his credit is a lot better, which is great!

    Now, what has me confused is the fact that the car we currently have is registered under my name for both the ownership and the insurance and I'm not too sure what to do in regard to this new vehicle. My partner is currently under my insurance as an occasional driver, but would we be able to get a car under his name and put it under my insurance replacing our current car?

    P.s sorry if my post is a bit confusing, my mind has been a bit scattered lately!

    submitted by /u/oyuohou
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need car insurance if I supervise my 19 year old brother driving with his permit?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    I'm 22 with a drivers license (got it when I was 17) but I don't have car insurance since I'm at university and don't have my car, however with the pandemic, I've been at home and had some spare time to go driving with my brother, do I need to have car insurance to be the "supervisor" while he drives? Currently living in California, San Francisco area

    submitted by /u/pizzaloiver54
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need my own insurance of driving my parents car?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    I am at school in NC and recently sold my car. I am now driving my parents car that is registered in NH but using it in NC (Already called state/town laws for registration and they said this was fine for registration purposes).

    Since I no longer have my old car, I want to cancel the insurance on it. My question is, do I need to get a new insurance to drive their car while I finish up school? Or is it fine because they have insurance for the car under their name? I just want to make sure I'm covered if I'm in an accident. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/squishandpotatoes
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! Accidental bump and run.

    Posted: 25 May 2020 04:46 PM PDT

    Hi. Apologies for Mobile. So basically, I just backed my back corner into someone else's rear driver door. Their car was parallel parked on a street, I was doing a 3 point turn in a driveway to turn around. My back corner hit their rear drivers door and there was a little indent.

    I waited and the owner did not show. I looked around my car for note supplies but it's fairly new so I don't have much in there. The street it happened on is the street my apartment is on. I parked and went up to my apartment to write a note with my info and went back down to put the note on the car but the car was gone. We are talking a matter of like 7 minutes tops. There was one witness who saw the collision and parked and walked in the building. The witness car is still parked outside.

    Should I do anything? I didn't think to take pictures of the other persons car or license plate before going to write the note.... kind of scared because my intentions were good but now I committed a crime with a witness?!? Should I wait till later and see if the car comes back? Any advice is helpful. In MN, USA.

    submitted by /u/deaglekitty
    [link] [comments]

    Help I can't get home insurance!

    Posted: 25 May 2020 04:41 PM PDT

    I'm in Ontario Canada and my home insurance was cancelled for non payment...twice. ends up it was a bank error but now no home owners insurance company seems willing to insure my home... Does anyone know of any brokers/companies that would be willing to work with me?

    submitted by /u/MADinaKayak
    [link] [comments]

    Owing 18k for a small dent ?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 04:13 PM PDT

    They're charging my sister who was driving my car under my name and had no insurance 18k for a very small dent . They're requesting my state to suspend our licenses. What can I do ? I live in CA.

    submitted by /u/WifdeWave11
    [link] [comments]

    Travel insurance for essential service

    Posted: 25 May 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    I am travelling to the US from Canada but my current travel insurance does not cover covid. The reason for my travel is considered an essential service but I am unable to find anybody that will cover it. Does anybody know of a company that will provide full coverage for essential travel?

    submitted by /u/supercoolguyscott
    [link] [comments]

    How am I supposed to provide proof of garaging if I am moving to a new apartment? (Progressive)

    Posted: 25 May 2020 03:12 PM PDT

    My car is going to be "garaged" at my new apartment, which I'm renting (I'm a student). Since my rent starts in June, I have no utility bills yet, my W2s and pay stubs all have my previous address, and there's no renter's insurance. Customer service said they won't accept my lease contract. How the hell am I supposed to provide proof then?

    submitted by /u/leo_99
    [link] [comments]

    Witness report submitted a month later after car accident? Does that still hold any validity? [AB]

    Posted: 25 May 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    I got into a car accident a few months ago, at first, it was set at 50/50 due to the discrepancy narrative between what the independent witness said vs the other party.

    The other party appears to be irritated on why it took so long to settle the case, and called me why it took so long. I told him it appears the independent witness said something different than what he told me. The other party then told me there was an old lady at the stop sign that saw everything, and said she is going to police station to file a report on what happened, etc.

    So from my understanding, that new witness report filed a month later placed it in favor to him now. However, I didn't see her at all, and only remember the one witness that gave me his number. Then I gave my adjuster his information.

    Long story short, guy used a hearsay or fake witness to shift the accident in his favor.

    Overall, my insurance premiums went up $200 a year, not sure if I would argue about this, but kind of pissed off this guy ripped me off on multiple occasions.

    submitted by /u/TDurdan
    [link] [comments]

    Personal Property Claim from Fire Damage (Ohio)

    Posted: 25 May 2020 02:56 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I've been going through the pain staking process of reviewing the personal property inventory list from my house fire.

    I lost items, that I don't know the value of in part because they were gifts or unique items. Example, a piece of pottery my brother gave me as a gift from his honeymoon or art i bought at an art auction 2 years ago (of course i don't have the receipt).

    Is there a recommended way to claim these items?

    submitted by /u/eaflynn
    [link] [comments]

    Whiplash payout opinion

    Posted: 25 May 2020 02:40 AM PDT

    I was in an accident (not at fault) in January. Myself and fiance were in the car and other driver totaled my car. Insurance decided to total out my car so that's been done and paid out however my claim for injury/pain & suffering hasn't been paid out.

    We both spoke with the adjustors and he initially offered me $3500 and my fiance $3000. He settled with them for 3500 because he didn't have much besides a week or so of whiplash pain.

    I had pain for well over a month (I stopped keeping record once Corona invaded our lives) and was seeing PT (also stopped with Corona) for pain, I lost my vehicle and don't have the ability to get another due to credit issues, I had to quit a new job where I would be making $19/hr versus my current $13/hr because of not having a vehicle.

    I don't think $3500 is fair but I don't know what I should ask for? ER and doctors are all going through medicaid insurance so I don't think I'll need medical covered but I missed work and school, a new job, and just in general living life.

    Any suggestions for an asking/settling point?

    submitted by /u/accidentquestions
    [link] [comments]

    One ‘minor’ ticket Q

    Posted: 25 May 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    Ideally, seeking input from Ontario, Canada located persons.

    How do we find Auto Insurance Cos with regards to one "minor" ticket? I know some Cos let it slid and some start moving people up the risk matrix after one...

    submitted by /u/GRINSe1
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance Professionals: what effects do you believe Hertz’s recent bankruptcy will have on the auto insurance industry?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    Do you think it will give carriers with in-house subrogation departments more leverage to clear their demand inventories from Hertz?

    Will it also have a ripple effect in the realm of claim rentals and affect policyholder service quality? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

    submitted by /u/jazzyorf
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment