• Breaking News

    Friday, March 27, 2020

    Sales is the only job in the world where you look forward to new emails Sales and Selling

    Sales is the only job in the world where you look forward to new emails Sales and Selling


    Sales is the only job in the world where you look forward to new emails

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:15 AM PDT

    While non-Sales-folks are afraid of getting new tasks from their boss, we are waiting for signed contracts from our prospects.

    submitted by /u/m10r-vc
    [link] [comments]

    How do you deal with leadership pushing for sales during COVID?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:33 AM PDT

    Hi r/Sales,

    For context, I work for the wealthiest tech company in the world as an Account Executive in the SMB space. I've been having difficult conversations with my clients around their businesses in this new COVID world. Thanks to the advice on this sub, I've been there to support them as best as I can.

    On Monday, we had a call with our senior leadership and it began with the message "our director is behind on her number so we need you to bring in deals." I've long contended with this boiler room type of atmosphere which hasn't made sense to me given our product and the scope and size of the company we are in. We could be an industry leader in how employees and clients are treated (and brand that way) but this is just really over the top.

    My manager has joined my calls to try and drive urgency which has drawn the rightful ire of my clients. This is creating a situation where they won't do business with me after everything dies down.

    Is anyone dealing with a situation like this and can advise? I will probably lose my job either way but I'd like to retain a piece of my humanity.

    submitted by /u/Longjumping_Algae
    [link] [comments]

    Side hustles?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    I know people are working on bettering themselves during this time by either reading or taking classes to improve their skills for when things try to get back to normal.

    My new sales pipeline will be pretty much dried up for the time being. I have current clients who I can assist but that only goes so far.

    Anyone have a side hustle in sales or other area that can be done from the home to earn some extra money?

    Thanks for any input offered.

    submitted by /u/lucypickle1
    [link] [comments]

    Positivity Thread!

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    I know it's been hard for a lot of us, this situation sucks. I'm not trying to take away from people venting and posting looking for advice about a bad situation, but I think we need to also see some success stories!

    I'll start. Earlier this week I brought in a deal that I've been working for about 6 months and my co-worker also brought one he's been chasing. Feels great being that it's the end of the quarter, but also someone on the implementation team thanked us and said it eased his tension about how the company was holding up through this.

    submitted by /u/reedyp
    [link] [comments]

    Now is not the time to chill

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    ...if you like your company. If you don't really care, then sure, chill.

    Now is the time to show what you're made of! What are you doing today to make sure you come out on top when this is over?

    Sure, clients don't respond, contracts are on hold, management is in a panic mode, that sucks and that's not something you have control over. But for fck sake don't just sit around moaning and whining!

    See if your company would be willing to become flexible with financial options for clients, start that conversation with your boss right now.

    Clean up your CRM, draft your emails, do a post mortem on your lost deals, learn something new, get a certification, and most importantly - start working on a game plan to kick off the second we're back to normal. This is a tremendous opportunity to regroup and get your shit together. Don't waste it!

    submitted by /u/Agnia_Barto
    [link] [comments]

    Change in comp. for equity grant

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 03:12 PM PDT

    I'm an AE at small health tech start up and the founder brought up to me this week that "in light of everything going on and some new investors, I'm asking everyone their flexibility on comp. I'm thinking of reducing comp in exchange for equity grant"

    Anyone here had experience with this type of conversation? Any advice or heads up is appreciated

    submitted by /u/portalcincy
    [link] [comments]

    Is the title "CRO" Legit or is it just a self masturbatory title CXOs like to give themselves?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    Discuss.

    submitted by /u/munchiesssss
    [link] [comments]

    Career switching (Need of Advice)

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    I'm looking to switch my career's field in door to door sales. - I've found that my current company I've been in has been no help to me for my future within the company, I've recruited 10+ after my first year and executed as the top person on their team for my first year.. don't get me wrong the guys I'm "competing" with are a little older but still put up triple digits during the summer.. anyways, I've been getting no help as far as recruiting goes like gas pay, no kind of residual, I'm getting nothing. I'm basically homeless, couch surfing, and I made a fair amount of money last year..

    With the new opportunity I'd be going into Solar (from alarms) what can I expect to be totally different if I do commit to the change? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/HomeInvading
    [link] [comments]

    To Those who send cold emails. I see struggles here all the time, but here is my observation

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    Yes, a bit of a rant, but I see struggle posts in this vein all the time.

    In just the past two weeks, I have received no less than 3 emails a day offering some type of service or help to sell me leads or to help me gain a list of customers who have x systems installed.

    Here's the thing. 1. I don't make decisions in my company. I am just a technical sales associate. I don't even choose which accounts my partner Account Manager chooses to engage with. 2. I don't care about anything outside my specified region. So all the 'nationwide lists' mean nothing to me.

    Then, I start getting the emails that I see people here posting about how they don't understand why they aren't getting responses.

    Hello ueeediot, I emailed you last week offering to help you with lists of customers who already own xerox machines in California. Did you miss my email? Can we revisit? When is a good time for us to meet?

    Delete, mark as spam

    Why? Because you obviously are spam or you are not paying a single bit of attention as to who you are sending your messages to. I dont do anything with <insert product here> and a list of customers means nothing to me. I follow the lead of my AM and work with their customers.

    Why aren't people responding? Are you doing your end? Do you even know the goals or needs of the person you are attempting to gain communication with? Or, am I just wrong and all these emails really are just shotgun spam?

    submitted by /u/ueeediot
    [link] [comments]

    Scored my first SDR interview for a SaaS company. Please Help me prepare.

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    I'm a 24 year old bartender out of a job for obvious reasons.

    So I found a job opening I liked and through some sleuthing I found the Vice President of Business Development phone number. I called him up pitched myself and scheduled an interview.

    How should I prepare for this interview?

    My sales experience is 9 months at vector marketing out of high school. And my immediate experience is working as a waiter/bartender in fine dining ($108 per person average).

    I went to college but didn't finish my degree in Economics and German.

    submitted by /u/jzjdjjsjwnbduzjjwneb
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help me with industry definitions? What is a Company-Generated Lead?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    I'm looking for an industry definition of what a company-generated lead would be versus self-generated? I'm helping a client with a business dispute and we are looking for some guidance.

    Specifically, if a company pays for a booth at a home show, are the leads generated there by an independent contractor salesman deemed to be "company-generated" or "self-generated"?

    submitted by /u/Dorcus936
    [link] [comments]

    Cold Calling Script Or Resources Focused On Setting Appointments

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Are there good cold calling scripts and references that will give me a good starting point for creating my own script?

    My plan is to have a person do B2B cold calling to gauge interest in my product and setup appointments for me to do the more in-depth discussion and sales.

    But I'm not exactly sure how to start giving guidance on how to do the cold calls.

    For example, how to get past the gate keeper, how to present our solution, etc...

    My idea for how to get past the gate keeper is to either have a specific person targeted and ask for them directly or ask for the person in charge of "X". However, this latter approach almost definitely seems like a red flag for the receptionist.

    For how to present our solution, my idea is to ask if they are currently happy with X or if they have any problems with X and see if they are open to a solution.

    Any help or guidance you can offer is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/LiveUsual
    [link] [comments]

    Tips For Presentations & Demos

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    I've been an AE for nearly 3 months. The process of my role is Lead -> Discovery -> Demo -> Trial or Buy -> Close. The biggest issue I'm currently having is flowing through a demo or presentation well. There have been some awkward pauses or poor transitions from one feature to another.

    What are some things that have helped you get better at presentations or demo?

    Our presentations are done through Zoom and not in person, if that helps narrow down any suggestions.

    submitted by /u/mheezy
    [link] [comments]

    Software sales, do you guys have a quick way to determine if a company is Embedded Services vs Pure-Play Services?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    I want to work on identifying if a company is Embedded Services or Pure Play Services more quickly. Do you guys have any advice or what methods you use to identify these? Any tips or tricks would be great! Or even a simple definition would help a bunch.

    submitted by /u/coachgipp
    [link] [comments]

    Reconsider working with Sales Dynamics if they are a vendor

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    Got a (horrible) mass-blast email from this company called Sales Dynamics based out of Toronto. They supply conference swag and are selling masks. I emailed back imploring them to consider donating their PPE. The original sender replied saying their President will respond. This makes me so sad, they have so many nearby hospitals they could donate to.

    submitted by /u/senexii
    [link] [comments]

    Just started but concerned with working during the OUTBREAK.

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    Hope everyone is staying safe during this time.

    So let me start by saying I've been in sales for the last 11 years from cars to 4.5 years in telecom as my most recent. I was laid off 6 months ago and was searching for a job the entire time.

    I lucked out the month my unemployment stopped I received a job offer into industrial packaging sales. New to the industry and now a little thrown off because I am required to be in my office every day as well as shadowing and going to businesses to sale.

    I'm in California and the government has issued a stay at home order but not even due to that but more due to how the virus has spread and is taking over. I feel very lucky to have landed this job outside of my 2 main industries as well as am going to do what I'm told, but to me this does worry me. I have 3 kids and the office has around 15 to 20 employees in it at a time.

    My question is am I over thinking this? Anyone else in my position and or just working and the companies pushing to visit clients etc.

    submitted by /u/lost_identity88
    [link] [comments]

    Using the sub to strategise our sales approach! How are different Technology verticals performing?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    Thought I would create this post to ask a vital question that I imagine will be particularly relevant to most people on this sub and worth sharing.

    A significant proportion of individuals on here are in software sales - I want to know how your individual markets are currently performing in the current crisis.

    E.g. I've heard from the market that cyber-security, communications and crisis management technology is doing particularly well. However, it would be great to confirm this.

    If you don't mind, leave a comment to let us know your vertical, performance against sales expectations, short/medium term perspective on company strategy, and (if you know it) where you are increasing spend with any particular suppliers to your company.

    Hopefully, we can spot some trends and use that information to maximise our sales performance and the financial viability of our respective employers.

    Please don't let this die in new - we have a unique and valuable resource within this sub that we can take advantage of to adapt and survive this economic crisis.

    Let's use it!

    submitted by /u/GeorgioArmani2238
    [link] [comments]

    Selling CRM in the age of coronavirus

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    Hey guys, any experience selling CRM now? Thanks

    submitted by /u/perceptionxz
    [link] [comments]

    Salary Ideas?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    I have a job offer for a national sales manager role at a $2.5bb company. The offer came in low at $81k base salary + 15k potential bonuses. It's a B2B manufacturer and I live in the Midwest. I would be managing a couple of specific glass products that have some millions of dollars of revenue.

    Currently I'm an applications engineer making $75k base salary + some sales bonuses. I think the offer is low and I should be making around $95k base + same bonus percentage.

    What should I be asking? Glassdoor/Paysa do not have good information to set my expectations.

    submitted by /u/mattgraves1130
    [link] [comments]

    Appreciation for sales post!

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    Hey sales reddit!

    Being a young salesman (24) in SAAS, I wanted to know stories how sales changed your life in terms of income and success! I feel like it's great to talk about how this profession can be a rewarding field.

    Being 24 and seeing bank statements sometimes feels surreal, anyone have any feel-good stories?

    PSA: I am in no way trying to brag or be arrogant in regards to commissions. Just exciting to one moment be struggling to make $10 a hour as a bagger to a rewarding position where the sky is the limit!

    submitted by /u/imaginewhip
    [link] [comments]

    Tips and advice going from retail to sales

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 06:01 AM PDT

    Hey guys, since we're on lock down I thought it might be a good start on earning some extra points under my belt, I'm currently a manager for a retail telecoms company who has just been closed down so made redundant. I've always been the sales guy, I'm all about the psychology of sales. I love the mental competition etc...

    My question is what can I do to earn more respect from recruiters, because as of now I feel they view me as a retail manager and not the sales king that I am.

    I am also in b2c and wanting to transition into b2b for the big bucks.

    Any courses, online information, etc etc ..

    submitted by /u/deDICKated
    [link] [comments]

    Interview - Sales Forecast

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    Hi all!

    I'm interviewing for a new sales role in the next week and was asked to have a written sales forecast (with best case and worst case) for the quarter. Anyone have a good general template or outline for this? I'd love some formatting advice. Should this be my actual forecast or just a hypothetical to show planning/strategic skills?

    Also am going to be expected to do a mock call with a prospect.

    It's in SaaS and I want to rock the interview.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/Feisty-Mobile
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody have advice on Medical Device Sales Joint Replacement vs Trauma?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 08:31 AM PDT

    I have been offered a position in both fields but am having a hard time choosing which division is more promising long term. If anybody has experience in either division and wants to share their advice I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

    submitted by /u/_optimist_prime_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment