• Breaking News

    Friday, March 27, 2020

    Accounting With all these extra e-mails back and forth this has been saving me all week.

    Accounting With all these extra e-mails back and forth this has been saving me all week.


    With all these extra e-mails back and forth this has been saving me all week.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 01:51 PM PDT

    The advantages and disadvantages of being an Accountant

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 05:53 AM PDT

    Audit is life

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    To all the single young dudes out there working in accounting during these times...ladies are noticing we’re the only ones with stable, good paying jobs right now.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    Even though it sucks to work, and we're slowly losing our minds working from home, we're still making that bread. Ladies may not take notice right away but they will. We out here bringing that that dough. And once the economy picks back up and a ton of dudes are still looking for jobs we'll still be here, as we always have been, raking in the fat paycheck.

    Edit: and dont be afraid to make it known you have a job. Now is the time to subtly flex you work in fuh-nance and all the benefits that come with

    submitted by /u/brointurmoil
    [link] [comments]

    1st year Staff- I was let go today

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    Office is closed. Was working remotely. This sucks.

    submitted by /u/LVRunner
    [link] [comments]

    Essential Employees

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    I am an essential employee. I service the clients. Without me the clients would crumble. I provide essential payroll services to clients along with top tier bookkeeping that is exponentially important during the current pandemic.

    I cannot allow bureaucrats to dictate how I operate, they cannot properly delineate my status as essential or non-essential. I am all encompassing.

    This is America. If I want to come to the office and work 75 hours a week for an effective hourly wage of $15 an hour just to get my immediate relatives with underlying medical conditions sick and kill them than that is my right as an American citizen.

     

    Repeat this mantra amid this crisis.

    Can my fellow essential employees stand with me and our clients in this trying time?

    submitted by /u/gandalf45435
    [link] [comments]

    Every senior this year

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    Anyone else switch to industry and baffled at how little Excel the bosses know, and how little oversight and review of work there is?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    Last week I did a complicated spreadsheet to calculate interest we are sending out. It was a rough draft, but I sent to my boss to get her feedback on if all the right inputs were included, and to check formulas and such. She sucks at Excel (doesn't even know V-Lookup), and she gave it a look and said looks good to me! I went back over it of course, and found multiple errors, while testing and re-checking. Now I think it's good but we are using it to send out a half million dollars today. No one checked it. I dropped in some inputs we just got today and the are just running with it.

    Scary.

    submitted by /u/Comicalacimoc
    [link] [comments]

    When the Partner asks how we know their top sides are accurate

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    For more memecipe, follow me Twitter

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    Another shitty meme to start your day:,

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    TAX TRICKS MILLIONAIRE DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW!

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 06:03 PM PDT

    Accounting firms across the globe right now

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    This is my state of my small tax firm

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    I'm a partner in a small firm in Michigan. We're 75% Tax-business & individual. Our office is on lock down but we are inside working. Nobody but staff is allowed inside. Staff can stay home if they want or come in when they want to help us catch up. The whole state is on lock down but financial services are exempt. We are communicating with clients to email or mail their tax information or put in our lock box outside the office. We are mailing tax packages out and efiling everything. It's challenging but working. Our clients are pleased that we can help them get their refunds. If they owe tax we get it done and they don't have to pay until 7/15 but still waiting on our Gov to extend the state deadline. Be well everyone! If in doubt, stay home!

    submitted by /u/Voodoo330
    [link] [comments]

    This..

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    Forensic Accounting as a career

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 07:56 PM PDT

    Hey, I'm a college freshman and as I was researching accounting careers I found forensic accounting and I think it is very interesting. Therefore, I wanted to ask, what kind of preparation do I need for this field? Do I need a CPA certification? What are the job's prospects? And how does the pay look like in Big4 Florida?

    submitted by /u/Lord_Snow179
    [link] [comments]

    [CAN] Anyone else waiting for their CPA application be approved?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 07:57 PM PDT

    I hear its going to get delayed for sure because of Corona... :(

    Not sure how long this going to take

    submitted by /u/Throwawa0043752
    [link] [comments]

    Accountant/Analyst laid off this week with questions

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 06:31 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    I worked in the film industry for the past two years in a joint Staff Accountant/Financial Analyst role. Our entire Finance team was laid off this week and it's looking bleak going forward due to loss of both revenue and future business.

    My question is: I held this position for two years—I was told by a recruiter that I might be at a disadvantage in a search because I don't have an Accounting-specific degree. Yes, I have a useless B.A., but I also have a Master's in a business field plus 5 years experience as a Staff Accountant across two companies.

    Does this seem realistic? I've handled Sales and Use Tax, A/P, A/R, daily financial reporting, 1099s, month end close, I've managed corporate travel, handled innumerable reconciliations, and I'm fairly good with VBA and automated half of my work in Excel.

    I'm maybe unsure how to market myself at this point, I really just want another Staff Accountant role. It doesn't seem worth trying to go back to school for an Accounting specific degree when I've been doing this and excelling for years. This is Denver market by the way.

    I guess I'm just hoping for any advice, I was very confident in my skills but suddenly feel rattled. Sorry for the rambling but I appreciate your time.

    submitted by /u/aurorareptiles
    [link] [comments]

    [OC] Most and least liked largest brands in America

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 05:00 AM PDT

    Every. Damn. Time.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 10:58 PM PDT

    Summer Intern for KPMG/EY in Australia

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 10:17 PM PDT

    I've just made it through to the final round for summer internship for KPMG and EY at the end of the year (both are done online rather than at the firm).

    I was just curious about the success rate of this. They take around 50 or so people in each intake for their program, how many people make it to AC and how many gets offers from there?

    Also I would appreciate any tips in regards to acing my behavioural interview.

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/FalseEquipment1
    [link] [comments]

    I don’t understand the importance with charging time correctly. Can someone explain it to me?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 01:40 AM PDT

    I interned last summer, and never truly understood the importance. Yes, I always charged things as best and accurately as I could, but I never understood the importance. All I knew was that my managers and seniors were super anal about it

    What does "eating time" mean? Why is it so important? I feel like the staff didn't care tooo much about it, but seniors were way more on it. What changes to make seniors care so much more?

    Sorry.. I know how stupid this all sounds

    submitted by /u/california95explorer
    [link] [comments]

    See, we are saving the world

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 07:38 PM PDT

    Big 4 Audit -> FP&A at Investment Bank

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    Big 4 Audit -> FP&A at Investment Bank

    For some background, I am about to be promoted to Senior at a Big 4 firm in a few months. Recently I was approached by a very small (20-30 person team) investment bank for a position in their FP&A group. The role will focus around post-deal integration (lots of financial modeling), but also there will be some pre-deal stuff (e.g. financial due diligence).

    My base salary when I am promoted to Senior will most likely be in the high 60's plus an annual bonus (5-10%). However, the investment bank that approached me said they could offer me a salary of around 60K with "100 percent bonus potential".

    Since I am more of an accounting guy, I'm not sure whether this would be a good offer relative to where I will stand as a Senior in a few months. I'm also not sure what 100 percent bonus potential means (the "fine print" if you will). Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Accounting-Sheep
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment