• Breaking News

    Friday, February 7, 2020

    Accounting This busy season was supposed to be different

    Accounting This busy season was supposed to be different


    This busy season was supposed to be different

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:50 AM PST

    I mean...

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 08:45 AM PST

    Clients think you're dumb for not understanding their nonsense

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 12:14 PM PST

    Me immediately after my coworker, a cpa, also gets chewed out for making a mistake.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 10:39 AM PST

    Helping the new guy finish a file you have worked on before

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 12:56 PM PST

    Size matters

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:09 AM PST

    just got out of AUD

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:55 PM PST

    This exam made me realize I don't know english. I was born and raised in America. Help.

    submitted by /u/kmca828
    [link] [comments]

    My friend who tutors accounting asked me to make him a video on fixed expenses.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 11:36 AM PST

    New Meme!

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 10:13 PM PST

    Accountants aren’t always the smartest. Found in our office’s restroom.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 01:24 PM PST

    Making partner

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 12:07 PM PST

    Hi, intern here. Just shook Tim Ryan's hand, does that make me a partner now ?

    submitted by /u/-above
    [link] [comments]

    How important is VLOOKUP and PIVOT tables in accounts payable?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:18 PM PST

    I said hello to the partner in the hall today...

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 05:43 PM PST

    Title says it all. It's been nice knowing you guys. I took time out of the partners day for saying hello. Pink slip should be in the mail shortly.

    submitted by /u/Snorlax_is_on_fire
    [link] [comments]

    Should I add this to my resume?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:54 PM PST

    I speak Arabic fluently, should I add this to my resume? Any information is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/JamalKhalid
    [link] [comments]

    Testing Bad Debt Reserve

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 10:01 PM PST

    Some background.. I'm assigned to audit the allowance for a client who doesn't really have collectibility issues in regards to A/R and did not accrue anything into their reserve this year. Their reserve balance is extremely small. How would you test their reserve with an open AR listing as of today? Would you do an analytic or perhaps inquire about material balance that are dated ? Just some thoughts.

    FYI the year end is 12/31 for the client

    submitted by /u/Hooper8584
    [link] [comments]

    as a sophomore in college majoring in Accounting, what jobs can I get that require zero experience but still have something to do with the Accounting field? just trying to build my experience and not make my resume look so blank

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 06:13 PM PST

    I keep making mistakes and feel so confused, how much should I be worried about losing my job?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:45 PM PST

    I am in my second busy season at a public firm as an auditor and I keep making mistakes. These arent huge mistakes, but there will be things that definitely inconvenience my team. I may take longer on something because I am trying to figure it out and learn my way through it or because I have never done it before.

    I can tell my team gets irritated if they learn I am taking longer on a task or send a request out for something we dont need and I didnt know or forgot something I can easily and quickly do when I am told about it.

    I have had a weird start to my career, I didnt have a mentor or worked with anyone who was patient or helpful when I asked questions, I always got vague tasks or requests, and I havent done as much work as everyone at my level. My previous manager was horrible, he barely gave me tasks so I havent really worked on many audits and now I am supposed to complete many of them. I am doing my best but I got a lot of review comments last week on an audit I did.

    Some of it was basically stuff I wasnt aware I should have done and other stuff I never even knew how to do. My current team is just a manager and me. He is very busy and while he was patient with me before busy season he seems more easily irritated with my questions or mistakes. He talked to me about going to other people at my level or seniors for help, they have unknowingly caused me to create mistakes or spend more time on a task as well so it all falls back on me looking, and feeling, dumb. But that isn't their fault, its how they do things or were taught.

    It also feels like I shouldnt be asking them as many questions as I am, which isnt much, maybe like 2 or 3 questions a day that take a few minutes at most. So I am stuck not knowing who to refer to at this point. I am trying my best but I just feel so behind and incompetent at times.

    While I havent had a talk about losing my job, I have had a talk just about asking other people questions instead of my manager for most things and to just work through my tasks and audits to the best of my ability. But I worry there may be a point where my small mistakes add up to something more or my actual abilities dont add up to my amount of experience or level and they will fire me.

    I basically go home and just worry about getting fired one day, what I would do, how to spin it in an interview so they give me a chance, all the mistakes I made, all the times my manager seemed annoyed at me. I dont even think about my personal life anymore, I am just looking for any advice.

    submitted by /u/throwawayshoes2
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Keep your eyes healthy

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 08:12 AM PST

    As someone who has had eye problems and even eye surgery, I try to keep my eyes as healthy as possible. Obviously we're in a profession where we stare at multiple computer monitors a day and it could lead to eyesight problems. Here are just a few things that I do to try and keep my eyes from getting burnt out throughout the day.

    • Turn down your computer brightness! I keep mine around 55-65 (out of 100), depending on how bright the page I'm on is. When on excel (most of the time) I keep it on the lower range.

    • Use lubricating eye drops! I do about 3-5 drops a day depending on how long I work. My doctor recommended Systane, and after trying out different ones they are truly the best ones. Get the ones with the green package, not the purple ones.

    • Get a pair of blue light blocking glasses!!!! I cannot recommend this enough. I recently started using some and they are fucking amazing. I bought a pair on amazon for $20, the brand is called Anrri but I'm sure any other ones will work just as well. It has been the best $20 I have ever spent.

    Happy busy season!!!

    submitted by /u/blackmushh
    [link] [comments]

    FSO Assurance

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:16 PM PST

    Hey guys. Starting an internship in FSO this Summer. I know that you mostly work on Insurance, Banking and Asset Management clients. Which out of the three is the best option? And when I say best option, I mean which will have the better exit opportunities and won't destroy me.

    submitted by /u/jmacceus
    [link] [comments]

    Does it matter where you go to school for Accounting?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 08:45 PM PST

    If you want to become an accountant, does it matter where you go to college? Does it make a difference if you go to a big state college with a well-ranked accounting program, or if you go to much smaller local college with an unranked program that's still accredited? The goal is to be employable anywhere after graduation without any specific goal. By the way, as an accounting major, is there a chance to be employed outside of an accounting job?

    submitted by /u/newredditor85
    [link] [comments]

    Am I dumb or is this normal?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 04:32 PM PST

    Just finished school with a bachelors and only have one busy season of experience doing 1040s. Now I've been getting business return to prep and I feel lost. Is the normal or am I dumb?

    submitted by /u/g1gb-hopeishere
    [link] [comments]

    Andrew Yang- AI

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:49 PM PST

    We will lose our Truck drivers, retail workers, bookkeepers and Accountants to Artificial Intelligence - Democratic debate today. It might not be word per word but basically that's what he said. I totally agree with him.

    submitted by /u/Sanm4000
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on Leaving Public Job

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:35 PM PST

    I've been at a small firm as an auditor for a bit over a half a year. Getting the feeling that I might be getting the boot soon as they have said I ask too many questions and am not progressing as fast as they'd hoped. I want a job that it is clear what I have on my plate and when it has to be finished. (Structured). A 40 hour a week/not having to work late from home most nights along with Saturday's. Any ideas? I hate having to tell my loved ones "not sure when I'll be off tonight" etc. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/FBGOVO100percent
    [link] [comments]

    Money over career progression?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 07:35 PM PST

    I'm coming up on my 4th year as a senior at top 50 firm. (Is that medium sized?) Anyway, I'm likely 3rd in line for promotion to manger. I've been told it's not happening anytime soon (this year).

    My compensation is great and my last raise was the best of my career. If I found a new job in public or private, I'd be looking at a significant paycut.

    I'm not sure what to do. My projects are getting worse and my good clients are long gone. I'm pretty much burnt out.

    Is it time for me to bail? I'm finding it hard to justify with my comp.

    submitted by /u/UnusualApplication7
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment