• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 2, 2020

    Accounting My Resume vs My Skills

    Accounting My Resume vs My Skills


    My Resume vs My Skills

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 04:40 PM PST

    It’s going to get worse. Much, much worse.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 10:08 AM PST

    When nobody knows what they're doing

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 05:56 PM PST

    Is it just me or is it getting crazier out there?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 07:46 AM PST

    Starting Big 4 winter staff talking to seniors

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 09:19 AM PST

    Dear TurboTax Super Bowl commercial: No.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 08:23 PM PST

    Anyone work as a FBI special agent or IRS special agent or know someone that does?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 01:38 PM PST

    I have 2 years of public accounting experience, about a year in industry, and am a CPA. I have always been interested in law enforcement and I know the FBI and IRS like accountants. I'm curious to know more about the FBI and IRS special agent positions. How is the work life balance? How does LEAP pay work? How much work is in field vs. in the office?

    submitted by /u/big4togovt
    [link] [comments]

    Attention Fortnight Gamers! The IRS apparently thinks the purchasing of V-Bucks qualifies as participating in a virtual currency transaction.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 10:32 AM PST

    How do I stay motivated when everyone is quitting my job?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 03:45 PM PST

    I am a first year associate and I work in tax in a mid size public accounting firm. Its my second busy season though because I was an intern last year. We lost almost all of our seniors after busy season last year and another one just left right before this busy season. There are very few seniors left but who knows if they will stay. I'm losing motivation because it feels like I'm taking on extra work thats above my level to make up for the lack of seniors and I dont have anyone to ask for help. Almost everyone I was excited to work with has left and now we have a ton of first year associates with little experience.

    Any advice on getting through this busy season? I am thinking I'll have to stay at this firm until I get my CPA. I dont really know why everyone left, but I feel so lost on what to do.

    Using a throwaway because I know a lot of people from my office are on here.

    submitted by /u/zzzthrowzzzaway13
    [link] [comments]

    Shit on me

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 08:05 PM PST

    Just do it please.

    submitted by /u/nerdhbersh
    [link] [comments]

    I'm so hungry......

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 05:37 PM PST

    Location

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 07:45 PM PST

    Need some opinions here... Overall, which of these two options sounds better for career progression, connection development and eventually exit opportunities?

    1. Big 4 in a smaller market (think Tulsa, Jacksonville, etc)
    2. National firm (not GT or BDO, more like #15 or 20) in New York City

    Trying to plan and could use all the help I could get!

    submitted by /u/carson_sander5
    [link] [comments]

    AARGH..Looking for information how to keep LLC profits in the company.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 07:21 PM PST

    I'm starting an LLC for a car wash. I want to keep year end profits in the business to be able to pay the bills instead of distributing to partners (My son and I). How do I do this?

    submitted by /u/Kramkiwzoj
    [link] [comments]

    Which audit software do you all use?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 04:17 PM PST

    Especially interested in those in Big 4. I'm curious to see if the software platform that we use at my firm might be transferable..

    submitted by /u/throwwawy204853134
    [link] [comments]

    MS Tax at CUNY Zicklin or American University? Any thoughts?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 09:48 PM PST

    Does anyone have thoughts or experiences on attending the Masters in Taxation program at CUNY Zicklin in New York or at American University in DC? I'm a Canadian who will be moving to the US for personal reasons and had worked in Transfer Pricing in a Big 4 firm. I want to transition out of TP but still work in tax and also find work after the relocation.

    I like the DC location and the program content of American University better (exposures to IRS and related agencies, more courses on tax research, has a tax policy centre at the university), but the CUNY Zicklin program seem to have more job search support though their career centre. Does anyone have experience with these programs, and especially job placement outcomes? I can't find information on what companies recruit at American University's MAC or MST program and this is my main worry. I don't have any prior work connections to DC or anywhere in US so a strong campus recruiting program is essential.

    submitted by /u/Usako999
    [link] [comments]

    Fashion Costing

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 09:42 PM PST

    Can anyone point me to resources where I can learn the nuances of cost accounting in the apparel industry?

    submitted by /u/DinoCr
    [link] [comments]

    Bookkeeping business for side income

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 02:10 PM PST

    CPA, MBA thinking of doing bookkeeping for some side income. I'd love to get 5 clients for 300$ a month for 1500$ total a month. Is anyone here doing this? How long did it take and how much time does it take?

    submitted by /u/newcfchome
    [link] [comments]

    Work Life Balance

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 08:56 AM PST

    CIA Study Materials

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 06:12 PM PST

    Thinking about doing the CIA and I saw the links on the IIA website for different study programs. Does anyone have experience or suggestions about which one they thought worked best? Thanks for any answers.

    submitted by /u/contra_account
    [link] [comments]

    M-1 Adjustments

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 05:37 PM PST

    Hello,

    Can someone explain how you're supposed to prepare schedule M-1 adjustments in CCH Prosystems Fx Engagement?

    submitted by /u/MassiveZebra
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment