• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 26, 2019

    I've been looking into going back to school for a masters and researching my financial options. In regards to federal student loans, is it possible to get Graduate PLUS and Graduate Direct Unsubsidized student loans? Student Loans

    I've been looking into going back to school for a masters and researching my financial options. In regards to federal student loans, is it possible to get Graduate PLUS and Graduate Direct Unsubsidized student loans? Student Loans


    I've been looking into going back to school for a masters and researching my financial options. In regards to federal student loans, is it possible to get Graduate PLUS and Graduate Direct Unsubsidized student loans?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 02:57 PM PST

    Is it possible to get Graduate PLUS loans to cover the cost of attendance to the university, as well as Graduate Direct Unsubsidized loans to cover things like car payment, medical insurance, gas, food, rent etc.?

    submitted by /u/3P2A
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for refinancing $800/month private loan

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 11:05 AM PST

    Going through college I decided to take out my student loans with Wells Fargo since my Mom worked for the bank and she recommended them. Now that I'm done with school I'm feeling the pressure of paying $800 a month for my loan and was looking to refinance but I'm unsure whether I should do that through Wells Fargo or a third party (Earnest, CommonBond).

    One thought I had was if it would be possible to refinance with Wells Fargo and to then refinance with a third party once the rate had been dropped by WF. My main concern with this idea is that I would imagine it could potentially harm my credit score. My credit is good at the moment but I'll be looking to move out within the next 6 months and would prefer there to be no blemishes on my record.

    Any advice is welcome and greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Chef_BoyarDevo
    [link] [comments]

    Question About Default Loan

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 05:35 PM PST

    So I had a loan go into collections because I never paid it and it dropped my credit scores down by 130. I was working hard to get my scores up to 800 I was only 40-50 points from reaching it. I called the department of Ed. multiple times, and told them if I paid the full loan amount would it fix my score. They all told me it would, but I wanted to hear from some your guys/gals if it would fix or not.

    submitted by /u/lram0825
    [link] [comments]

    Parent Plus Question

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 05:12 PM PST

    So my wife has a Plus loan with her dad, he's getting close to retirement age and isn't the best health wise. We've began looking into death clause stuff but can't find anything on the Great Lakes website. I did notice it's listed as a "consolidation loan" but it was taken out as a parent plus. Do we still get the protections of the parent plus loan?

    TIA!

    submitted by /u/amj0009
    [link] [comments]

    My student loan is going OUT of default... what now?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 12:59 PM PST

    So, I just recently have completed a 10 month rehabilitation program, and I got call that said my loan would soon be going out of default and on to another servicer. The lady on the line said she didn't know who it would go to, and gave me a number to call that mysteriously didn't work...

    I'm back in school now and could really use the extra help from whatever is left from government loans. What do I do? Can I request a deferment while I'm still taking classes?

    submitted by /u/kabuto_mushi
    [link] [comments]

    If I don’t recalculate my IDR payment for a few months after income rises, will they make me pay it back?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 11:32 AM PST

    Sorry if this is a dumb question. But on the website it says you don't need to report an income raising and can wait til the next annual recertification date. But wouldn't you need to pay back the difference? Say I got a new job right after a recertification then I'm paying a low payment for almost a year because they still think I'm a lower income level? Is that wrong? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Windexjuice
    [link] [comments]

    Student Loan Refinancing Question

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 06:50 PM PST

    How do I go about refinancing my undergraduate private loans while I am in graduate school? The loans I got in undergrad are about 7% interest but I know I can get a lot better rates at this point in my life based on my credit score and all.

    The issue I am having is all the refinancing applications want me to put income and I only make about $12,000 per year working part time through graduate school. Does anyone else have experience with this or have any advice?

    submitted by /u/CampbellPharmaPro
    [link] [comments]

    Need Advice about best course of action

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 02:57 PM PST

    Hello,

    Here is some background information.

    I am going to be working temporally from January to April and will save be saving approximately $5,000. I have already saved another $5000 dollars from my previous work term.

    I am struggling to choose between investing the money in a TFSA or paying back my student loans. I am leaning towards a TFSA but I don't know enough about the returns. I am currently with TD Canada Trust.

    Please advise.

    submitted by /u/petrocian
    [link] [comments]

    What to do during gap year before medical school

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 06:04 PM PST

    I'm sure I'm not the first to be in this situation, but I'm feeling pretty confused and alone. I have a few questions regarding my student loans and how to proceed before medical school, which I'll be taking out more student loans for.

    I'm graduating with a B.S. this May with $110k in private loans and $27k in federal loans. I'm applying to medical school next cycle with matriculation in fall 2021. In my time off from school, I plan on working (though I'm sure income will be very tight). While these loans have been taken out solely in my name (no parental co-sign = higher interest rate..), my parents have been helping me make minor in-school payments for these 4 years.

    I plan on using my 6 month grace period next year after graduating. Will this prevent me from using a grace period on future student loans taken out for medical school? After this 6 month period, should I begin to make payments (it would be for around 8 months before returning to school again) or should I defer payments? Will deferring payments at that time prevent me from doing so when I graduate medical school?

    My ultimate plan is to refinance my student loans as the interest rates from my private loans are as high as 12%. If I refinanced on my undergrad loans during my gap year, would this prevent me from refinancing on undergrad + grad student loans after medical school? It's my understanding that you can only refinance once.

    Thank you in advance for helping me navigate this daunting process. Neither my parents nor any close family members have been through this before, so I'm eager to hear any advice you have.

    submitted by /u/Thoughtful_Mango
    [link] [comments]

    If I refinance is there a limit as to when I can refinance again?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 04:33 AM PST

    Say I refinance my student loans, can I refinance like the next week? How long of a time frame do I have till I'm allowed to refinance again? Or does this depend on the company? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/kiwi104
    [link] [comments]

    Navient Payment Processing

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 08:45 AM PST

    This is nuanced but my question is does Navient adjust the interest accrued between the date of payment and the date the payment was processed to the new principal amount (obviously for those cases in which your payment applies to the principal) or does it apply the payment once it's processed?

    For example, when you pay off a loan, Navient redacts the interest accrued between these events (date of payment and date payment processed).

    submitted by /u/dora-the-idunno
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone confirm I’m making the right decision re: taking out larger sums over two years as opposed to smaller sums over three years?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 08:11 AM PST

    I'll be attending law school in the fall of 2020. I'm very lucky that I received a scholarship and that I have an aunt who created college funds for all of her nieces/nephews. I also live in Florida, which surprisingly has made it possible to get a free/cheap undergrad education via bright futures and Florida pre-paid. Thus, I'm going into law school with $0 in debt, so I'm very grateful to only have to focus on law school. I also have not touched my aunt's fund yet, which should total about 50k by the fall.

    This 50k coupled with my scholarship would most likely cover all of my first year's expenses, and I would hopefully have a few grand left over for summer expenses. My line of thinking is to use all of the 50k (while obviously setting aside 1-3k for emergencies) before I take out any loans because the 50k is interest free.

    If I get a summer associateship, I'll make ~30k my second summer. So I'm thinking I'll come out taking out between 70-80k. Is my line of thinking re: taking out more loans over a shorter amount of time correct? My thought process is that ultimately I would be taking out the same amount of money, it would just be accruing one year's less interest. Or is there a better way to split up the 50k to make it work best for me?

    submitted by /u/pg_66
    [link] [comments]

    Your thoughts/Experiences with LendKey and Laurel Road

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 04:19 AM PST

    Hi! I'm planning to refinance about 80,000 in Student Loan Dent through either LendKey or Laurel Road. Was wondering what your thoughts on either of these companies are and what your experience has been? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/kiwi104
    [link] [comments]

    How to use income while in grad school ?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 11:45 AM PST

    hey guys, so i'm a 2nd year DPT student and i'm beginning a side job as a personal trainer next month for some extra income.

    my question is how i should spend it: 1) use it to pay on my loans while in school (7ish% avg interest) 2) put it into some type of investment account/index fund 3) start paying off my high interest credit card (which i'm leaning toward) 4) something different all together

    thanks for the input!

    submitted by /u/dgeazy95
    [link] [comments]

    How should I go about taking out a loan that I would be able to pay back within a few months?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 11:00 PM PST

    I may need to take out a loan for school to initially cover the full amount. However, I would be able to pay this amount within a few months. Is there any way I could get a very low interest rate personal loan or would it have to be student loan? Would it make the most sense to take a student loan over every other type? What is your advice?

    submitted by /u/alamar1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment