• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 27, 2019

    Is it a bad sign if a company is based in a WeWork space? Sales and Selling

    Is it a bad sign if a company is based in a WeWork space? Sales and Selling


    Is it a bad sign if a company is based in a WeWork space?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:04 AM PST

    It's a startup with what seems to be a great product, I'm just wondering if it's a red flag that they don't have their own office.

    submitted by /u/bueboots
    [link] [comments]

    Is $20/hr good pay for a 21 year old?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 09:05 AM PST

    I just accepted a position that will be paying me $20 an hour plus commission (estimated an extra $15k a year). Is that good pay for a 21 year old? I have been doing sales since I was 17 and I don't have any college education (yet).

    I'm trying to gauge and see if that is good pay around the United States for someone my age.

    submitted by /u/ssummerwind
    [link] [comments]

    Landed my first SDR role thanks to you all

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 07:41 PM PST

    Hey r/sales,

    I just wanted to sincerely thank you for all the information you've given me over the year I've lurked on this subreddit. I did it. I landed an SDR role at an amazing SaaS data company that's booming right now. I couldn't be more excited for this opportunity being freshly out of college and in my early 20s. All those years in retail and service sales are going to help so much with my communication skills moving into this role. I appreciate all the advice I've seen on here in regards to interviews and things to look for in a startup. I've found my dream opportunity and I seized the moment. I can't wait to learn everything I can at this company and thrive.

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/coolwins
    [link] [comments]

    I'm so close to bonus with three days to go - how to get over the line?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 07:45 AM PST

    I work in the software world and I've hit my target but there's a nice bonus waiting at the end of the month for me if I go above my number by a certain amount and I'm so, so very close.

    I have about 48 hours to do this and I feel like I've exhausted my prospects (only 4 months in my role).

    Does anybody have any advice/tips?

    submitted by /u/social-outreach
    [link] [comments]

    Cold call opening

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 11:19 AM PST

    Long time lurker first time poster. I read the book by Chris voss and was using opener "did I get you at a bad time" as my first question. After a year and a half I switched to a new opener and the process is much smoother.

    Prospect: hello?

    Me;hi rick

    Prospect;who's this

    Me: Rick, are you responsible for the x procurement or is that one of your colleagues? Prospect:

    1. Uh no im not that x person. It's Jill...
    2. Uh well who's this? Because I'm part of the team managing that.

    Go from there...to close that 15 minute appointment that you set in 2-3 days to give a demo!

    Let me know how it goes!

    Edit:first time poster mistakes

    submitted by /u/boristhebandit
    [link] [comments]

    Leadership wants to cut my sales team. How to calculate a salary/commission structure and the math behind it to show the value of my team?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:32 AM PST

    Before I get into the details, the reason for this post is that some of the upper leadership in my company has begun to question having a large sales team because they have not seen a lot of new member revenue. I'm worried they are not calculating in the time it takes my sales team to do account manager duties (70% of time I would say). Looking to show them the value of the team but don't know the math behind it to explain it to them. My biggest struggle is calculating account manager duties in to the salary/commission structure.

    I have been trying to calculate how a proper salary and commission structure should work in my role. I am in membership sales which includes retention. It is a mix of an Account Manger and Account Executive role. In my research there have been all sorts of percentage of sales to calculate what the salary or commission should be but, all are different and don't seem to involve Account Manager duties (only calculates "new" revenue brought in)

    Here is the math (keeping it simple for maths sake) Say the cost of this role all in (includes commissions, benefits, salary) is $100,000. How much profit in new revenue do you expect to afford this and how do you calculate their Account Manager/Retention responsibilities into the formula since that isn't "new" revenue but only maintaining revenue?

    Extra info: The membership dues are quite low (avg. $500) so there isn't a ton of revenue added and they don't have the sales team selling sponsorship's or advertising right now (stupid I know...working on it)

    submitted by /u/loonydan42
    [link] [comments]

    MBA to get to sales management?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 07:12 AM PST

    Hello, I have limited sales experience (just about 4 years, first corporate financial services then business banking) and neither of the jobs had quotas or any official sales training. However, I love sales - the interviewing techniques, the business/financial part of it, messaging, etc. - and love coaching/mentoring/advising. I read sales books and tune into sales podcasts in my free time. The actual in-the-dirt sales closing aspect though is becoming less interesting though.

    I think a sales management position would be fulfilling and am thinking of an MBA to get there.

    Anyone have experience of going the MBA route to sales management, rather than promoting through the ranks? Is it common?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Bigggity
    [link] [comments]

    Question on A.I. relative to pipe build / progressing deals

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 07:07 AM PST

    SMB / Mid Market AE prepping his 2020 plan during the quiet Thanksgiving week.

    I'm looking to gain a bit more productivity in my meeting prep / general demo booking (SDR I work with as well) to ensure that we're both grabbing a couple extra demos / month with the help of taking time out of research prior to calling/emailing/social-ing. Call it 4-6 extra for me and 8-10 extra for him (if that seems low to anyone - we're in a very niche commercial real estate customer base, for context.)

    The research/AI help I'm looking for is not company specific (ZoomInfo customer) but more contact specific, down to the granularity of "they'll respond better to this tone, this word, this time of followup etc. Based on their activity in public profiles of LI, Twitter, etc." I assume this would take the form of an automated email, text etc. but don't really know.

    I have used Owler at a previous company and some trials of other startups in the past but have never come away with something providing overly tangible insights.

    Anyone used anything that would qualify here? Just looking for recs, etc. If you're going to pitch me please don't DM me here - I have a Linkedin :)

    submitted by /u/jaykesn
    [link] [comments]

    Predicting sales forecast

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 11:25 AM PST

    I have a market report to do for my university course, its on the medical drone market. I was wondering how I could generate a sales forecast for our product in the market. I can't find any information about competitor sales, so I'm really stuck here. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/CMcC98
    [link] [comments]

    Overcoming 'Just Looking' objection in car sales

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 09:41 AM PST

    To folks who are or have been in car sales-- what is your advice for overcoming the 'just looking objection' during the meet and greet?

    Also what are your initial contact questions? I.e. what do you say during the meet and greet to get to know them better (especially if they are a dominant type and don't really want to talk)

    submitted by /u/fitness_church
    [link] [comments]

    Am I making a big mistake by thinking of leaving my company?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:53 AM PST

    Hey guys. I'm a BDR at a life science software company. Making about 55k base, 100k OTE. I love the service we provide, love the people and have great benefits. Unlimited WFH opportunity, unlimited vacation (haven't really utilized but it's good knowing I can) and we have fun every single day. I never dread going into the office.

    Issue is, we're a super lean team. This company is nearly 20 years old and has a sales team of 5. Odds are I'll need to wait till one of our AEs dies to get a promotion because there's literally no other reason to make a switch. Boss has been very honest about this with me and made it clear that they can't make me any promises around promotions.

    People keep telling me how lucky I am. And I agree. Culture, work/life balance etc are unbelievable and that's hard to find. But I've been here for nearly two years and I want to continue to grow professionally...not psyched by the thought of being a lifetime BDR.

    Last week I was approached by someone from the healthcare AI space. Spoke on the phone for an hour and already went in for an in person interview. They're trying to build the sales team up, offering me $65k/$110k OTE with equity. Culture seems pretty solid, benefits check out etc and they're in a space where I can continue to fulfill my personal goals (supporting and accelerating healthcare/life science innovation). Am I stupid to make the move or do you guys think it's in my best interest?

    submitted by /u/hereforfantasyadvice
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a new career with high earnings

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:51 AM PST

    I've been selling solar D2D over the last 5 years. I've been making over $300k a year. I'm tired of knocking doors, so I'm looking for a new career with similar earning potential. What are some jobs that you can make similar money without taking a pay cut?

    submitted by /u/pntbttroreo
    [link] [comments]

    Any advice/referrals for finding a sales coach?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:29 AM PST

    I want to make sure my SDR's are getting the training they need, especially when it comes to improving their cold calls. I'm worthless for that, so I'm looking for a coach I can count on to go over their call recordings and coach them through improvements. Purely remote.

    Do you guys know of any?

    (and how does this guy look? www.companygrow.com)

    submitted by /u/compacct27
    [link] [comments]

    SWE to SDR worth it?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:28 AM PST

    I've wanted to do a career switch to sales but was wondering if starting at SDR is the right move. Obviously I am taking a huge pay cut, but will I be able to match SWE salary eventually? Also, I want to do pure sales, not sure if sales eng will get me there.

    submitted by /u/thowrsfhyujb
    [link] [comments]

    Teradata?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 08:24 AM PST

    Quick simple question - does anyone here have any experience working as an SDR or AE at Teradata?

    submitted by /u/cf_murph
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to ask for quota relief?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 07:35 AM PST

    Current company I work for is great (people), product is the best in the industry, but it's only applicable to 20% of the industry, so it takes a lot of outreach to find the right prospects. When we find the right prospects, the response is amazing. Prior to taking this position a year and a half ago, the company had one BDR and has looking to hire a second. Marketing team showed very poor performance, and changed our website for the worse, but at least they were sending campaigns that were driving awareness and interest.

    Six months ago they fired the director of marketing and cleaned house in that department. They promoted a current sales manager to marketing, who hired 3 new marketing people. One person was fired within a month for showing up to work drunk, a second person quit for another company and the third is just lazy. Basically leaving one person again, who just focuses on trade shows. Now there is ZERO outbound marketing efforts, our website has been called a detriment by leadership team and they are talking about outsourcing marketing efforts.

    Three months ago the single BDR was promoted and they hired a new BDR with the goal of hiring a second BDR at the same time. The new BDR left for family reasons, leaving us without a BDR for basically three months. Leadership team is talking about outsourcing BDR as well.

    I know this sounds like a shit-show, and in someways it is, but I know the leadership team very well and they realize this is a dire situation. Steps are being taken by leadership to correct these issues, and even leadership has been on the phones and sending emails to prospects desperately trying to keep us afloat.

    I showed my manager a report of our sales on the downward trend and they are sympathetic, but so far only with consoling words. "We are very sorry.... we know this is dire... we greatly value you.... we are all in the same boat... my numbers are your numbers too....."

    This month will be everyone's worst month in history, in fact I might not make commissions based on the current comp plan. I realize there are a lot of things to address, and comp plans are one area they are looking to adjust in 2020 in light of the above issues. Also fixing the above issues to get back on track.

    In the short term, I am planning on asking for quota relief this month, but I'd like some advice on how to approach this. I've been in sales for a very long time, and I've always performed well, so I've never asked a company for commissions that I didn't earn myself. Do you guys have any input on how to go about this?

    Edit: Maybe quota relief isn't the best term to use. I am looking for my company to give me a one time bonus to off-set this months low/no commissions.

    submitted by /u/burningatallends
    [link] [comments]

    How to follow up? Guy not answering phone

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 07:28 AM PST

    I do marketing and was sending out cold emails. Guy wanted to hear more. I talked to him (owner) and was receptive. Told me everything they do for marketing and they're open to more. Young dude.

    Told him I'd write up a proposal and call him back.

    I called him yesterday evening (same day I talked to him ) and today morning.

    What do you guys do? How often should I ring him? I spent a lot of time on the proposal.

    submitted by /u/kookland
    [link] [comments]

    Do you have a process for selecting accounts in your ABM strategy?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 06:49 AM PST

    What's your thought process for account selection?

    submitted by /u/ptrenko123
    [link] [comments]

    How many companies does D&B Hoovers have SWOT analysis for?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 06:48 AM PST

    Does it do it for all public companies?

    submitted by /u/ptrenko123
    [link] [comments]

    Two Approaches to My Cold Call, Which is Best?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 06:42 AM PST

    I'm an SDR in SaaS. Our sales cycle is ~30-60 days, from first meeting to closing an account. My role is to call on cold (prospecting/outbound) and warm (inbound) leads and set up a meeting between them and my AE for a demonstration of our product (30-60 min meeting).

    I've been reading through LinkedIn, here, and other forums about setting up the first cold call to book another meeting with me. The point of this is to take into consideration the prospects time and not directly start selling them on the product on that call. The other approach is if I get someone on the line, book the meeting.

    Would love to hear if anyone has advice on these two or pros/cons on them. Still trying to figure out what could work best for me.

    submitted by /u/mheezy
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for help on resume.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 06:42 AM PST

    Hey guys I am looking for help on getting a job in sales more specifically on how to create a professional resume because I feel that is my biggest hurdle in getting a job.

    submitted by /u/d0sch1
    [link] [comments]

    New sales job in real estate funding

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 06:05 AM PST

    I'm looking for some advice/your opinions Currently my sales is in the medical field, this is mainly (sort of) warm calling clients - where they already know the company or have used the products previously, both B2B and B2C. I'm starting sales in real estate funding soon, where the target is to gather investment funds for real estate. This is mainly about reaching clients who have never heard of the company before, earn a decent amount of money but are too busy with their current job to invest their time and money in real estate. My only experience is in sales as previously described and managing properties/studenthouses. To give myself a little headstart it seemed like a good idea to turn to you guys for advice. I'm wondering if you guys could help me with the following:

    1. How and where should I find my clients, what works good in general for you guys when acquiring leads?

    2. Is there anyone here with experience in this field who could tell me what to watch and/or pay attention to? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/RedBoxTwist
    [link] [comments]

    What is the difference between price forecast, sales forecast and a margin forecast?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 04:04 AM PST

    Experience selling tech (or anything) into the nonprofit vertical?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 09:19 PM PST

    I'm coming from a little bit of a higher tech background, definitely more enterprise focused. Considering moving into the non profit industry and wondering what it's like, it's possible many of the prospects may not be very technically savy.

    What were the pros and cons? Would you suggest going into it? Was there high earning potential?

    submitted by /u/hermthewerm
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment