• Breaking News

    Friday, November 22, 2019

    Accounting Stolen..

    Accounting Stolen..


    Stolen..

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 08:34 AM PST

    Scientists say that the world will end in 12 years if we don't address climate change, but I still can't depreciate land.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 05:53 PM PST

    If climate change was real, I should be able to depreciate land over it's estimated useful life.

    Checkmate, climate change believers.

    submitted by /u/Pretreneur
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting phone call yesterday

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 10:33 AM PST

    Yesterday I got an interesting phone call.

    Me: Hello?

    Him: Hey man what's up? How you doing brotha? Long time, no see.

    Me: I'm sorry, who are you.

    Him: This is Tom.

    Me: I don't think I know you?

    Him: I'm mutual friends with Alex. The two of you were in undergrad together!

    Me: I'm sorry, I don't recognize that name either.

    Him: .... well I found your info on LinkedIn and wanted to talk to you about some exciting opportunities in your area.

    I kid you not, this was a real call yesterday. These recruiters are crazy.

    submitted by /u/dsm1324
    [link] [comments]

    When the client complains after getting them same management letter point as the prior year

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 12:45 PM PST

    Interactions between a Senior and an Intern.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 03:02 PM PST

    Evacuated from a Skyscraper

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 04:09 PM PST

    There was a fire alarm in my building and the whole thing got evacuated.

    Which billing code do I charge this to?

    submitted by /u/Aejones124
    [link] [comments]

    CPA sections as an ex boyfriend/girlfriend

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 07:17 AM PST

    How to Prepare for An Internship

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 05:52 PM PST

    I know absolutely nothing about audit right now, and I am kind of nervous about my internship in the summer. What are some good tips and advice for someone like me?

    submitted by /u/jmx1211
    [link] [comments]

    BIG 4 Independence - Stock sale

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 06:51 PM PST

    All, I was just offered a position at a Big 4 (US) and based on Independence clause I have to sell nearly $600k worth of stock GAIN (not stock). If i sell it, I will be hit with roughly $150k tax (25%). What options do i have? Appreciate your help.

    submitted by /u/1sjcdude
    [link] [comments]

    Happy Accountants

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 04:47 PM PST

    Should Elon Musk take the write down now or now to inventory?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 05:36 PM PST

    (Industry) got a promotion but with a wonky title?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 03:01 PM PST

    Hi guys,

    I just got promoted unexpectedly after being at my job as a Staff in industry for less than a year. I got a nice raise, but the title is kinda weird. I don't wanna reveal it, but it is a mix between Accountant and Financial Analyst. I can PM it I just don't wanna dox myself.

    Basically, I want to move into FP&A, and have been doing a lot of projects for them. My title should be Financial Analyst but according to HR, in our company, that's a demotion from Staff Accountant.

    So I accepted the promotion and I'm stoked, but has anyone ever been in this position before?

    submitted by /u/WINNIE_THE_FOO
    [link] [comments]

    California Score Release

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 02:54 PM PST

    Why is it that we're always the last ones to ever get a score?

    submitted by /u/PercNowitzski41
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for information towards a career as a Fraud Analyst, Examiner and Investigator

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 08:16 PM PST

    I was wondering if anyone can suggest what I can do as a college freshman (undeclared major) to push towards a career in fraud prevention? What bachelor degrees are typically required? What certificates? What can I do to get on hand training now? What can I expect? What are some great resources for information on the field and what environments could I expect to be working EX: public/private sectors?

    I have had an internship with Dairy Queen HeadQuarters this past summer with their Marketing team prior to my start at college and I really do like strategic communication/Marketing as a whole but I just am a little intimidated by everything. I know I should be taking everything slowly but I think I am guaranteed an internship with the same organization that helped me get the internship but for an ad agency this summer which is why I feel cemented in Marketing as a whole.

    I am currently just finishing my generals at a community college and then transferring to a Private school in my city for my junior/senior years if not sooner, I have some PSEO classes for microecon, Management and intro to business but otherwise nothing that would prevent me from choosing a differerent major, I am just looking for similar experiences or some direction/information for fraud examiners since it sounds like a very cool career path with forensic accounting etc!

    Sorry for all of the questions, currently pushing for a degree in Marketing Management/Minor in Data Analytics but I am really interested in Investigative careers and just want information from professionals like you all! Thanks again my friends sorry again for the bombardment.

    submitted by /u/Knarsan
    [link] [comments]

    Delayed MAcc Graduation

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 07:57 PM PST

    I had to drop a class this semester (cause im an idiot) which put me three hours behind. I still need the 30 credits to graduate, so I will be taking this course in a Maymester. I was originally supposed to graduate early May, but now its going to be early June. Should I tell my recruiter this? Last summer we had a guy start in June, so I am a little worried this could fuck up my start date. Should I try to take 18 hours this spring to avoid the situation all together?

    submitted by /u/headedwest
    [link] [comments]

    Will I have to pay back tuition fees to the firm if I leave?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 05:27 PM PST

    I started my first trainee accountant job at a firm months ago and I started studying for a professional ACCA exam that I'm sitting in two weeks. The work itself is fine, but one of the other junior accountants I work with is bullying me. I can't do anything about this as she's more popular with the other staff, worked there longer, is good at her job and is much closer to qualifying. On top of that the firm is understaffed, so there's definitely no way she'll get sacked. and I can't retaliate because then everyone will gang up on me.

    If I hand in my notice will I have to pay back the fees the firm paid for my tuition? I think it adds up to at least £2000, so it's quite significant.

    submitted by /u/Midgetmasher89
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with a public policy project hypothetical budget

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 03:52 PM PST

    Sorry if this isn't the right place but I'm writing a policy proposal that would make it so that carbon capture projects would have access to private activity bonds, and those who want to build pipelines for transporting the CO2 would have access to federal loans and grants. I can't find ANYTHING detailing where the money for private activity bonds comes from. Could someone explain this to me?

    I'm also not sure how to figure out the cost of allowing the pipeline projects access to the federal loans and grants.

    ANY help or advice is very much appreciated, thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/chyflo96
    [link] [comments]

    I'm a Tax Associate and I still failed REG!

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 10:33 AM PST

    Fortunately I retook it in October and just found out I passed!

    Friendly reminder that these exams are super hard! Don't get too discouraged if you have to retake them. Also. REG is definitely passable on the first try as long as you don't underestimate it!

    submitted by /u/areallygoodsandwhich
    [link] [comments]

    Questions to ask during interview?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 01:13 PM PST

    What are some good questions that I should ask for my accounting internship interview?

    submitted by /u/jinbae94
    [link] [comments]

    Systems Understanding Aid Statement of Cash Flows?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 04:49 PM PST

    Hey, so I'm doing SUA 9th edition, and as those of you who have done it know, it's a pain in the ass, but I'm almost done. (Yay!)

    The one thing I can't figure out for the life of me is the statement of cash-flows, it just WILL NOT BALANCE! I have double and triple checked my numbers and I just can't figure out what the hell I'm missing.

    Because of the complexities of the project, it would be ideal to have the help of someone who has done SUA before (and again ideally 9th edition). But if anyone else wants to check out my statement and let me know if there are any glaring errors that would also be appreciated!

    Here's the statement: https://imgur.com/a/AAUgCp

    I'm off by about $20000, as far as I know all my numbers are right, the only things I can think of are I'm missing an account, I added something I should've subtracted, or I completely fucked the entire thing up somehow.

    Please help if you can! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/CombustibleOre
    [link] [comments]

    Need to pick a laptop for accounting school soon. Which one should I get?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 06:54 PM PST

    to save you guys some time, i've already done a lot of research and found that these two are the best bang for buck right now

    https://noteb.com/?model/comp.php?conf0=11079852688775000064_3160&conf1=15617475735473999872_4005

    of these two, which would you recommend?

    also, feel free to call out any better alternatives

    submitted by /u/WonderfulTheme4
    [link] [comments]

    Accounting homework help; can't figure out how to get the stock dividend distributed on common stock? Please help (the way I tried to solve it is in the comments)

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 06:43 PM PST

    offered tax semi senior from an intern position ?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 02:56 PM PST

    hey all so random question i'm just kind of nervous about , so i just got accepted for a job as a tax semi senior at a top 6 firm in nyc with 2 years of internship experience at a small public firm , in my experience i done hundreds of tax returns some really difficult some easy with a lot of help from more experienced personnel throughout the way , a lot of help lol. I still feel like i literally don't know shit lol. i always thought that's just what comes with the business especially if work papers aren't clear on what was done last year ,i interviewed and they offered me a tax semi senior position? w 2 years of internship experience. and i'm just really nervous because of the title , I think i honestly just interview really well . I feel i'm RATHER under qualified for the title . how much am i expected to know throughout the process ? what exactly are responsibilities of tax semi seniors ? i'm nervous to not meet up to par

    submitted by /u/nickyboyyyyy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment